Start by marking “Truths Not Spoken (Shifting Sands Novels, #1)” as Want to Read:
Truths Not Spoken (Shifting Sands Novels, #1)

Truths Not Spoken (Shifting Sands Novels, #1)

A contract she had no choice but to sign.  A secret she had no choice but to keep.  Love she had no choice but to feel.

Single mother Laurel Walters had her life under control. She had a jewelry business, a generous best friend and a careful watch on her nine-year-old daughter, Emily.

Then, Emily is seen on national television with Vic, the man who could tear their world
Published December 16th 2016 by Thatcher & Alan Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Truths Not Spoken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Truths Not Spoken

Start your review of Truths Not Spoken (Shifting Sands Novels, #1)
Cheryl
Mar 23, 2017 rated it liked it
To be honest, there was no great love triangle drama or hard decision that I felt Laurel had to make between the two men. It was really one-sided and an easy choice to make. Although, I will tell you that it took me quite a while to get into this story. I was hyped up to experience the drama and intensity in this book. Yet, what I got was much more mild. The passion involving Laurel and Kyle was a slow burn. There was probably just one real scene where they were together but otherwise there was ...more
Kristin
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
My Review: 4/5

The Truth Not Spoken has everything I look for in a book. First you have the main character, Laura. A single mom, she is so strong and independent. Her daughter Emily is 9, and she’s raised her on her own from the beginning. She even has her own jewelry company. Throughout all of the trials and tribulations in this book, she keeps her daughter at the forefront, her safety being her main concern.

Next you have the attractive friend, who helps Laura. This is Kyle, a successful attorne
Stacey Schneller
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Once I saw the cover a few read the blurb of the book I knew I had to read it. This is also my first book that I have read by this author and I am glad that I was able to get to read this book.

What a wonderful story this was. I fell  love with this story from the beginning. This is a story is about love, betrayal,honest,and secrets. So a story I knew would be a good ​one.

Here we get to meet Laura Walters a single mother who had her life put together raising her daughter Emily by herself. When th
Esther Haddie's Haven
DISCLAIMER: I was sent a copy of this book for honest review, as part of a blog tour.

Read this book in one day. I didn't have electricity. Went off out of nowhere. So, I thought I would get a bit of a head start. I would read a few chapters, put it down and reflect. But no. I could not put this book down. It is amazing! I truly was not expecting to love this book as much as I do right now. I knew I would enjoy the story, following a mother as she struggles to keep her daughter away from the man
Leila
Apr 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I judge books by the cover so I wasn’t really sure what I was walking into when I picked up this book to read.

On one hand, it was a mystery. Lots of secrets.

On the other hand, there was romance.

I found I had a lot of emotions that ranged from love to anger to lust to disgust to protection to – ugh.

I remember being blinded by love at a young age and I could relate to the over protected feeling that Laurel had for Emily.

The secrets kept me turning the page as fast as I could although I will say, t
Dawn
Apr 12, 2017 rated it liked it
I chose to read this book after receiving a free copy. All opinions in this review are my own and completely unbiased.

Truths Not Spoken is about just that, secrets that the characters in this story keep from each other. I became a little frustrated with these people because they caused each other so much pain by keeping secrets. One person would finally come clean and the other one would be upset with them when they were keeping their own secrets! The most frustrating person was Laurel. I don’t
Carla
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic novel of strength, love, hope, hidden strength but also lies and betrayal. We have Laurel who gave birth to her daughter and her birth was masked in secrecy. Emily doesn’t know who her Father is, Laurel has never asked for help and never will. She doesn’t need nor want it. All she wants is to provide for her daughter and watch her grow – something we can all relate to.

Suddenly, both of the men who were there before her pregnancy are back in her life. She is faced with anger, mistrust
Angela Thompson
Apr 19, 2017 rated it really liked it

Truths Not Spoken is a Quick Read with some Surprises. The author does a nice job giving readers insights into each of her characters' thoughts and motivations by giving each his/her own voice within her chapter-per-character writing style. This gave the book an easy to read, easy to follow pace. In spite of these insights; the author was able to keep some secrets along the way--and serve those to readers and characters alike throughout the book.

Starr Sets Up Her Series Well in this First Book.
Marilyn Wilson
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Truths Not Spoken is the debut offering by author Pamela T. Starr and it falls squarely in the category of Women's fiction. It's offers a contemporary twist on the classic love triangle.

Single mother Laura lives in the shadows, providing a life for her daughter Emily. Money comes hard, but she makes enough to scrap buy. With the support of her friend Ashley who manages a resort that has a kid's program Emily can tuck into at no cost, she manages to juggle it all, keep her head above water and g
Nounoune
Dec 22, 2016
Jessica
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A roller coaster of emotions

I have not experienced raising a child by myself though I witnessed my three sisters raised their kids at a young age. It is not very easy but my nieces/nephews did alright now. My sisters went too many rough times raising their kids by themselves. The kids father are no show up and no support at all.

I understand Laura's over protectiveness to protect Emily especially signing the contract. I am so glad that she has a very supportive best friend. Laura is one tough
Audrey
Apr 17, 2017
Pang
Oct 19, 2020

• Assata Shakur: A 20th Century Escaped Slave
Pamela T. Starr has been recognized as an outstanding new author with a promising future. Truths Not Spoken is the first in her Shifting Sands series, all set in her home state of Florida.

An accomplished trainer and public speaker, Pamela has motivated more than 60,000 people at live presentations and workshops. She has also logged more than 30 hours of live national television appearances.

Pamel