Start by marking “Stardust - BBC Dramatisation” as Want to Read:
Stardust - BBC Dramatisation

Stardust - BBC Dramatisation

Matthew Beard and Sophie Rundle star in a brand new BBC Radio 4 full-cast dramatisation of the bestselling novel by Neil Gaiman, narrated by Eleanor Bron.

Challenged to retrieve a fallen star, Tristran Thorn leaves the sleepy English village of Wall and crosses into the land of Faerie and the realm of Stormhold. Locating the star, he discovers it is no meteorite, but a youn
Audiobook
Published December 17th 2016 by BBC Radio 4

To ask other readers questions about Stardust - BBC Dramatisation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stardust - BBC Dramatisation

Start your review of Stardust - BBC Dramatisation
Trish
Dec 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've read the book a while ago - after having known the movie for some time. As for the past few Christmases, the BBC made a dramatisation of one of Neil Gaiman's books again - and what a great job they made of it!

Stardust is about a boy living in a village close to the entrance to Fairy. It's the story about getting your heart's desire even if you're not entirely sure what that is. And it's a story about the extraordinary inhabitants of Fairy. Thrown in are funny ways of twisting and turning la
mith
I... actually saw the movie first--loved it!--which, I know is taboo. So I had to read the book, or rather, hear it.
I'm glad that I listened to it, especially the BBC dramatisation! It was so much fun, and better than a regular audiobook. Of course, the book itself was vastly different than the movie (though, I do think I prefer the movie a bit more), but I still enjoyed listening to this!
Sophie
Aug 05, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5 Stars!!!

I had watched the movie for Stardust and loved it so seeing that the BBC dramatisation was available at my local library I decided to give it a go but I actually ended up slightly disappointed.

I will say that maybe I should have read or listened to the actual book before this so I could have delved into the writing and really connected to the character so I can't say much on the strength of the book in that sense.
But I felt like we didn't get to see too much from the characters an
Jayne
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
This was an amazing listening experience!!! The full cast was amazing and it brought the words of Gaiman completely to life!! This has definitely enhanced my newfound love of audio books and I can't wait to discover more from the BBC radio dramatisation. all the stars for stardust!!
Katri
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just love that! Lovely story and very good voice actors. Went back to some chapters just to listen again some creepy - clever witches. 😸
Dani C
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
This is as magical as you would expect it to be. The story has translated so well to audio drama – just as other Gaiman stories have done before – and the cast were fantastic! Stardust was really brought to life in this wonderful adaptation. I will definitely be listening to it again!
Jen
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
“Faerie is bigger than the world of humans - for each land that has been forced off the map by explorer’s going out and proving it wasn’t there has taken refuge in Faerie.”
Vitalia
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I decided I wasn't going to read this as I had already seen the film, but then I came across this adaptation in my library catalogue and I decided to give it a try.

I loved it. I loved the story, the world, the characters, the usual quirkiness of the writing. This world was amazing and so utterly magical and so much fun, it reminded me why I love Neil Gaiman's work so much.

My only complaint is that it was so short, that is why I must now read the book to get the full experience.

The adaptation w
Bethany
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-audiobook
Stardust may honestly be my favorite Gaiman book - followed closely by The Ocean at the End of the Lane and American Gods - and this dramatisation of the novel was absolutely lovely and magical in every way I could've hoped and wanted. As of the posting of this review there are still 13 days left to listen to it on BBC 4 Radio. Hurry now!
Grace
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was utterly delightful. A classic fairytale told in a whimsical way.

Obviously the dramatisation of the story is not going to be the same as the actual book, so I can’t actually talk much about the writing. But the production on this was outstanding. A full cast with sound effects was the perfect way for a fairytale to be told. You just feel like you’re living this story with the characters. All the voice actors were phenomenal.

I would’ve given this book five stars if I enjoyed the character
Thomas
Dec 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, audiobook
Stardust, to me, is the quintessential Neil Gaiman story. As much as I like Neverwhere and American Gods and Sandman, if there's one book I choose to give someone new to his fiction, it's Stardust. It's a fairy tale steeped in mythology, and if there's anything that sums up Gaiman's style, this is it. And that lovely, heartbreaking, bittersweet ending gets me every time.

For all that, though, I was disappointed in the dramatization. It relied too much on the narration, so it felt more like listen
Karen
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Stardust when I first read it, nearly 20 years ago; liked the film, but not as much as the book (especially the ending where they married Dunstan & Una!); and now absolutely loved this dramatisation by the BBC. I'm new to audiobooks, and this was a delight after the disappointment of the first one I tried, by another of my favourite authors. If the narrator's voice is too different from the one I've heard in my head as I've read a book the disconnect is so jarring I'll give up. Eleanor B ...more
Adrian
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another new one on me, which is worrying because I'm usually good at spotting the BBC adaptations of Neil Gaiman.

This, once again, hit the mark perfectly. The story flows as it does in the book as we follow the adventures of Tristran Thorn as he seeks to bring back a fallen star to win over his love. It is safe to say it is easier said than done and that the star doesn't seem so keen on being taken anywhere!

My favourite random bit is when Tori Amos turns up as a tree!
Phoebe Jeziel
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, audio-shows
So good!!! The cast did a fantastic job and the show was really well written! I loved it m- OF COURSE. I've been wanting to read/watch stardust again and I feel like I've had my fill with this little radio show.

Definitely something every Gaiman fan should have!!!
Eric Brown
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm in love with this style of storytelling now. I've already put the rest of this series on my audible wishlist!
Adam
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is an excellent radio adaptation of Gaiman's (also excellent) novel. It follows the novel's plot faithfully, and the actions and characters are easily distinguished.Highly enjoyable.
Catarina
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this dramatisation, it was closer to the book's narrative and they keep the details I most enjoyed from the original story.
Stephanie
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fluff, audiobook, library, sfp
One of my favorite Neil Gaiman stories. The BBC full cast was perfect, especially Eleanor Bron as the narrator.
Diane V-R
Sep 03, 2018 rated it liked it
3,5 stars.
Heidi
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable dramatisation of one of Gaiman's lighthearted books. I think it would be easier to follow the dramatisation if you've already read the book itself first.
Irraya
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, magic, radio-drama
This recording was really good. However, as much as I love this story, the movie is so much better than the book. With that comparison, I just cannot bring myself to give this book 5 stars.
Paige
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Love this version, such a fun listen!
Eron
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dramatizations can be difficult for me to get into, but this was well done.
Huanita
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful dramatisation!
Tanja
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
tristan is the original himbo and this entire thing was way better than the movie (which i loved)
Zoe
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
The BBC really does a wonderful job with their dramatizations, of Gaiman's works especially. A joy for new fans and old :-)
Marta
Jun 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very well done radio drama adaptation.
Pia Jensen Ray
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
What an amazing little audiobook/dramatisation this was! My only complaint was that it was too short - I want so much more of this story!
Mari - loves to read
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audible
This was such a magical dramatistation. Such a vivid and lifelike story, I was there with the characters. An excellent listen.
S
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Abridged and therefore felt a little too short, but still charming.

• The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: The Secondary Phase (Hitchhiker's Guide: Radio Play, #2)
  • The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: The Quintessential Phase (Hitchhiker's Guide: Radio Play, #5)
  • The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: Tertiary Phase (Hitchhiker's Guide: Radio Play, #3)
  • The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: Primary Phase
  • The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe: A Graphic Novel
  • Als dat maar goed gaat
  • Death Cloud (Young Sherlock Holmes, #1)
  • Thinking About It Only Makes It Worse: And Other Lessons from Modern Life
  • Fell (The Sight, #2)
  • How Rory Thorne Destroyed the Multiverse (The Thorne Chronicles, #1)
  • The Man's Guide to Women: Scientifically Proven Secrets from the "Love Lab" About What Women Really Want
  • The Solution To Social Anxiety: Break Free From The Shyness That Holds You Back
  • The Princess Search: A Retelling of The Ugly Duckling (The Four Kingdoms, #5)
  • Of Beast and Beauty (Daughters of Eville, #1)
  • Of Glass and Glamour (Daughters of Eville Book 2)
  • Of Sea and Song (Daughters of Eville #3)
  • Babylon (Chronicles of the Fallen #2)
  • Man-Eaters, Vol. 2