Start by marking “Stardust - BBC Dramatisation” as Want to Read:
Stardust - BBC Dramatisation

Stardust - BBC Dramatisation

Audiobook
Published December 17th 2016 by BBC Radio 4

To ask other readers questions about Stardust - BBC Dramatisation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stardust - BBC Dramatisation

Trish
Dec 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've read the book a while ago - after having known the movie for some time. As for the past few Christmases, the BBC made a dramatisation of one of Neil Gaiman's books again - and what a great job they made of it!

Stardust is about a boy living in a village close to the entrance to Fairy. It's the story about getting your heart's desire even if you're not entirely sure what that is. And it's a story about the extraordinary inhabitants of Fairy. Thrown in are funny ways of twisting and turning la
mith
I... actually saw the movie first--loved it!--which, I know is taboo. So I had to read the book, or rather, hear it.
I'm glad that I listened to it, especially the BBC dramatisation! It was so much fun, and better than a regular audiobook. Of course, the book itself was vastly different than the movie (though, I do think I prefer the movie a bit more), but I still enjoyed listening to this!
Jayne
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
This was an amazing listening experience!!! The full cast was amazing and it brought the words of Gaiman completely to life!! This has definitely enhanced my newfound love of audio books and I can't wait to discover more from the BBC radio dramatisation. all the stars for stardust!!
Katri
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just love that! Lovely story and very good voice actors. Went back to some chapters just to listen again some creepy - clever witches. 😸
Dani C
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
This is as magical as you would expect it to be. The story has translated so well to audio drama – just as other Gaiman stories have done before – and the cast were fantastic! Stardust was really brought to life in this wonderful adaptation. I will definitely be listening to it again!
Jen
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
“Faerie is bigger than the world of humans - for each land that has been forced off the map by explorer’s going out and proving it wasn’t there has taken refuge in Faerie.”
Vitalia
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I decided I wasn't going to read this as I had already seen the film, but then I came across this adaptation in my library catalogue and I decided to give it a try.

I loved it. I loved the story, the world, the characters, the usual quirkiness of the writing. This world was amazing and so utterly magical and so much fun, it reminded me why I love Neil Gaiman's work so much.

My only complaint is that it was so short, that is why I must now read the book to get the full experience.

The adaptation w
Bethany
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Stardust may honestly be my favorite Gaiman book - followed closely by The Ocean at the End of the Lane and American Gods - and this dramatisation of the novel was absolutely lovely and magical in every way I could've hoped and wanted. As of the posting of this review there are still 13 days left to listen to it on BBC 4 Radio. Hurry now!
Annie
Nicht meine Tasse Tee - selten hat mich ein BBC Radio Play so kalt gelassen.
Grace (Lost girl of neverland)
This was utterly delightful. A classic fairytale told in a whimsical way.

Obviously the dramatisation of the story is not going to be the same as the actual book, so I can’t actually talk much about the writing. But the production on this was outstanding. A full cast with sound effects was the perfect way for a fairytale to be told. You just feel like you’re living this story with the characters. All the voice actors were phenomenal.

I would’ve given this book five stars if I enjoyed the character
Thomas
Dec 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, audiobook
Stardust, to me, is the quintessential Neil Gaiman story. As much as I like Neverwhere and American Gods and Sandman, if there's one book I choose to give someone new to his fiction, it's Stardust. It's a fairy tale steeped in mythology, and if there's anything that sums up Gaiman's style, this is it. And that lovely, heartbreaking, bittersweet ending gets me every time.

For all that, though, I was disappointed in the dramatization. It relied too much on the narration, so it felt more like listen
Karen Cleary
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Stardust when I first read it, nearly 20 years ago; liked the film, but not as much as the book (especially the ending where they married Dunstan & Una!); and now absolutely loved this dramatisation by the BBC. I'm new to audiobooks, and this was a delight after the disappointment of the first one I tried, by another of my favourite authors. If the narrator's voice is too different from the one I've heard in my head as I've read a book the disconnect is so jarring I'll give up. Elean ...more
Kevin
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, audiobook
I just finished the book today and read an interview by Neil Gaiman where he mentions how much he loves audio dramas, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I loved it, if you enjoyed the book I'm sure you'll enjoy the drama as well.

Cast

YOUNG UNA ... Charlotte Riley
Phoebe Jeziel
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio-shows, fantasy
So good!!! The cast did a fantastic job and the show was really well written! I loved it m- OF COURSE. I've been wanting to read/watch stardust again and I feel like I've had my fill with this little radio show.

Definitely something every Gaiman fan should have!!!
Irraya
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, radio-drama, magic
This recording was really good. However, as much as I love this story, the movie is so much better than the book. With that comparison, I just cannot bring myself to give this book 5 stars.
Adam
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is an excellent radio adaptation of Gaiman's (also excellent) novel. It follows the novel's plot faithfully, and the actions and characters are easily distinguished.Highly enjoyable.
Diane V-R
Sep 03, 2018 rated it liked it
3,5 stars.
Catarina
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this dramatisation, it was closer to the book's narrative and they keep the details I most enjoyed from the original story.
Stephanie
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, fluff, library, sfp
One of my favorite Neil Gaiman stories. The BBC full cast was perfect, especially Eleanor Bron as the narrator.
James
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great adaptation
Heidi
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable dramatisation of one of Gaiman's lighthearted books. I think it would be easier to follow the dramatisation if you've already read the book itself first.
Eric Brown
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm in love with this style of storytelling now. I've already put the rest of this series on my audible wishlist!
S
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Abridged and therefore felt a little too short, but still charming.
A.M.
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
This two-part dramatisation of Neil Gaiman's spellbinding novel is narrated by Eleanor Bron and stars Matthew Beard (The Imitation Game, An Education, One Day) as Tristran and Sophie Rundle (Peaky Blinders, Dickensian, Happy Valley, Episodes) as Yvaine.
Dramatised by ..... Dirk Maggs
Sound Design ..... Wilfredo Acosta and Dirk Maggs
Directed by ..... Dirk Maggs and Heather Larmour
Producer ..... Heather Larmour.

I do LOVE this story and it is always a joy to li
Mayumi
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
E parece que a BBC Radio 4, nas pessoas de Dirk Maggs e Heather Larmour, gostou de fazer dramatizações dos livros do Neil Gaiman. E pode continuar, que eu estou adorando! Os atores são ótimos, assim como os efeitos especiais. Nessa dramatização foram dois episódios de uma hora cada, com participações especiais de Neil Gaiman no primeiro episódio e de Tori Amos no segundo!

Ótimo, ótimo!
Kathleen
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Superb cast! The narrator was outstanding and the narration well paced. I listen for a few minutes every night before I go to bed because it has that feel of a good bedtime story (great storyteller).
If you've seen the movie or have read the book, listen to this dramatization.
Now, can we have another movie with a new set of stars? ;)
Katastrofekat
Sep 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A beautifuly written faire tale. Neil Gaiman have created a universe where I wish I could loose myself in forever. The only downside to this book is that it isn't longer.
Juan M
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audios, in-english
Nice dramatisation.
I really like Stardust; it's so Gaimanly(?) magical.
Stefan Zak
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It gets better every time
Prathibha
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
This audio version involves a two part dramatisation of the novel. It is absolutely delightful and magical. It succeeds in all ways to bring the characters to life. Indeed an impressive work!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »