Start by marking “Survivor (Rewinder #3)” as Want to Read:
Survivor (Rewinder #3)

Survivor

(Rewinder #3)

From best-selling novelist Brett Battles comes the conclusion of the Rewinder Trilogy.

Denny Younger. Historian. Time Traveler.

Prisoner.

There is nothing Denny wants more than to repair the damage former rewinder Lidia has done to history.

Her manipulations have thrown the timeline he knows into chaos, and now he’s locked away in an unfamiliar world, without the device that w
Kindle Edition
Published February 21st 2017 (first published February 20th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Survivor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Survivor

Start your review of Survivor (Rewinder #3)
Cheri
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great end to a great series

Survivor is the last book in Brett Battles Rewinder series. I enjoyed the first (Rewinder) and second (Destroyer) books so much that when this book was released I couldn't wait to find out not only what happens to Denny Younger, time traveler, but what time period it happens in. The book does not disappoint. The story is captivating and I'm not sure how Battles keeps track of all the intricacies of time travel, but I'm more amazed that it does not become confusing fo
Alexandra
*** 1/17/18 Currently FREE for Kindle ***

So good. Now I want to read the series all over again.
Becky
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The angst is compelling, the pacing is on-point, and the ending works. It's a poignant end to the series and I don't think it could have ended any other way. ...more
Karsyn
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable conclusion to the trilogy. It was slower than the others and I was bored for a while in the beginning, but once it got going it was good and definitely liked the last part of it and the wrap up. I wasn't expecting the ending, so I liked that and it all came around great! Enjoyable time traveling trilogy. ...more
Leo
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Now that was an enjoyable conclusion to a somewhat chaotic series. I don't suspect a fourth book will be written (any halfhearted attempt would only ruin the series), but I wouldn't mind stumbling across a well written fan-fiction novella of what happens to the (view spoiler).

The book is slow during the first half, but not in a boring, get to the point sort of way. It's more like a thorough review of how
Andy Taylor
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mind bogglingly addictive

I started out reading Brett's Jonathan Quinn series and whilst waiting for the release of book 11, I thought the sound of the Rewinder series sounded okay so I'd read them. Wasn't sure if I would take to new characters as I am a Quinn fanatic, but I ended up reading all three of the Rewinder books in a few days. I felt I was there experiencing everything Denny Younger was, in fact a would go to bed worrying about him when things went awry. True page turners I would recom
Wenzel Roessler
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
A nice ending to the Rewinder series. This book is far from the first Rewinder book written three years earlier (or was it? Maybe he time traveled while writing!) I bring this point up because I feel the writing, plot, and characters have changed from book one. This story on its own is well worth the read I like the premise of this book and felt the ending fit the series perfectly. The new characters in this book are good but do not shine like our lead does and do not rise above being secondary. ...more
Victor
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The wait is over, the book is out and I’m very satisfied with the end result. Yes, I’m referring to Survivor, the 3rd and the last book in the awesome Rewinder trilogy by bestselling and award winning author Brett Battles. We all know that Brett can write anything, from adrenaline filled thrillers to heartbreaking dramas and even to sci-fi, but with Rewinder he created a great, thrilling and unputdownable saga revolving around time travel and the butterfly effect.

Survivor was released as an audi
Mark Gardner
Dec 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
I read Rewinder and Destroyer back in 2015, and recently subscribed to Kindle Unlimited. I saw that Survivor was available for free, so I jumped on it. Remember me being a sucker for time travel stories? Alternate history too? Dystopian? Okay, just making sure we’re all on the same page. Anyway, I liked the first two books, so it made sense to finish the series.

This third book was pretty tedious. The time travel, by necessity, was absent in this story. It does happen, but, well, it’s kind of bor
Steve
Nov 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Survivor by Brett Battles is the the final part of the Rewinder trilogy and what fun it has been one would have to say we got a very satisfying conclusion to Denny's story.

I would have to say that this is the weakest of the three books but as a body of work the Rewinder time travel series has been the best time travel books I have ever read.
Book 3 picks up moments after book 2 (Destroyer) finishes as we find Denny trapped in a world of which he has no knowledge of, Battles introduces us to a co
Matt
Jun 07, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the classic scenario in which the first two acts of a story are not that good, but a strong third act makes it feel like a good experience. I don't want to go into too many spoilers, but a problem that should have been solved in the opening chapters ended up taking two acts to resolve. The author took the story in a direction I wasn't expecting, and it was for the worse. Because he seemed to be spinning his wheels for most of the book, the story's climax and resolution felt extremely rus ...more
Sean Flanagan
Jun 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It must be clear to everyone that Brett Battles is a great author. However, he takes this series into another dimension

After finishinging the "Rewinder" series by Brett Battles ("Survivor" is the final–for now–book in a trilogy), I'm ready to make two predictions: spaghetti–all twisted up like the Gordian knot–is his favorite dish, and he "freaks out" if he notices a bag of spaghetti on a market shelf–all cozily nestled, neat and straight.

Battles has taken an old idea and given fresh views and r
Heather Turiello
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised by this book. After reading book one and two, I was really apprehensive about how book 3 would go... I found the ending very satisfying. This is a fun time-travel trilogy with intriguing "made you think" elements of the impact we could have to the timeline if we were capable of interloping. The characters were decent even if it wasn't always water-tight in the story line.

I enjoy Brett Battles thrillers, but they tend to be a little on the unbelievable
Katlyn
That got pretty intense at times! There were several occasions where I thought that maybe, due to the difficulty of the situation at hand and the short length of the novel, Denny might not get out! No spoilers, but he is pretty resourceful... I liked the character development and maturity he showed by the end. He’s come a long way throughout the trilogy, but especially in this novel! I liked the relationships he formed, perhaps even more than his relationship with Iffie. They felt more... real t ...more
Austin
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read It In One Day

I couldn’t put this down. It’s been over a year since I finished the second book in the trilogy; but the story fills in the reader on the previous events quickly and succinctly.
Time travel is one of those things that’s really hard to build a story around without creating massive plot holes or issues that the reader just cannot overlook. This story, however, has done that with very little oversimplification.
A truly good read and a well written ending to the series. Thoroughly
Brian Edwards
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rewinder Series...easily a 5

I don’t usually write reviews and rather just give my rating, but wanted to express how much I enjoyed the entire series. I was skeptical about reading a book by another author I was unfamiliar with after the previous book I read on time travel turned out to be one of, if not the worst book I have ever read. That book had 2 other books in the series that I just couldn’t read. The Rewinder series on the other hand was not disappointing in any way. Hope others enjoy it
Diane Bean
Feb 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Well that was disappointing. The first 75% of this book was incredibly depressing and boring. I was pleasantly pleased with the clever ending, but I wish it hadn't taken all those pages of hopelessness to get there. My recommendation is to read and enjoy the first book in this series, Rewinder, and forget the next 2 books exist. The first book has an ending that does not require further reading. It was pretty great, in my opinion, so I'd just leave it at that. ...more
Koshiol
Nov 22, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was a fitting end to the trilogy; I liked the way the author pulled together all the different loose ends, especially in regards to how the main character sought revenge. However, I will say that in the midst of all the action there was a lot of repetition because it felt like the main character was always (rightfully so) worrying about upsetting the timeline.
Panagiotis Valsamidis
Although the two previous installments of the Rewinder saga were pretty darn good and kept me at the edge of my seat, this last one was overstretched. I respect and like mr Battles very much, but I think this would be better if he had lessened the length of the third and made it a duology. Having said that, it stil is better than most and a very good read nonetheless.
Björn
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book, great end to the series.

I have to say the book wrapped up nicely and it kept me interested the whole time, even when there was a slow part it still picked up and took some turns. Didn’t expect the end like it happened but good wrap up. Sadly it’s the last book of the series.
Dave Bartell
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
Long long entry to story that was abandoned. The main character finally moved on, but the story thread that dominated the first third of the book just dropped.

After the well conceived and executed first book, the 2nd and 3rd installments became long chases chases that did not create a satisfying story arc for me. Time jump. Run. Time jump. Run. Over and over. Some series are best left a single
Paxton Holley
Mar 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: time-travel
This was, what I think will be, a really good finish to Denny’s story. It’s not final, it *could* continue, though. And I hope it does.

Specifically this book starts off a bit slow, though. It took me a while to get back into it after the first two but once it got going it took off like a shot.

This Rewinder series as a whole is really great and action packed. Recommend.
Neil O'Rourke
Feb 17, 2021 rated it liked it
The second book is the strongest in the trilogy. So much time in the plot of this book is spent without accomplishing anything meaningful. If you’ve read the first two books, you might as well continue to the conclusion.
I’m giving an “okay” rating because the level of craft the author shows is respectable, even though the story isn’t completely compelling. Choose to read or not for yourself.
Cody
May 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Decent finale

A decent end to the trilogy. The middle third of the book really dragged. Some of the plot points weren't well thought out in terms of Dennys solutions to the problems, but that's ok. A fun read nonetheless.
Trae
Jul 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Better than the last book in many ways but ultimately unsatisfying. In a story driven by history and time travel, the travelling is only a very small part at the end of the book. Simply frustrating. As a semi stand alone it's not bad, but weak part of a series. ...more
Dennis
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: timetravel
Just like the first two books, I've finished this one in two days. I wasn't able to put it down for the first 3/4. I would give it five stars, if it wasn't for the finish, which felt too rushed. However, it has been a great trilogy and I will probably read all three books again one day. ...more
Mike Pluta
This series falls into the category that I call, 'pizza'. Just like there's no such thing as bad pizza, this wasn't a bad set of books.... for junk food. The characters 'spoke' with juvenile and unsophisticated language... then again the primary protagonist was 16 years old.

So, a solid 3.
Lisa
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great finale for a great trilogy

This third book in the Rewinders trilogy was just as intense and exciting as the first two. If you want edge of your seat action with a world-changing plot, this series is for you!
alexander silagin
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good series

Probably not full four stars but easy to read and follow. All three books are different but writing is light, easy to read and plot runs smooth. Maybe there will be one more book.
Philip McClimon
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Time and time again

Time travel stories can be nerve wreckers and this one is no exception. Everything is in the balance and I wanted to keep reading just to see how it was all going to turn out. A good book and a satisfying end to a good series.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Seven Rules of Time Travel
  • A Change of Plans
  • The First Deception (Jack Noble Prequel #1)
  • Now, Then, and Everywhen (Chronos Origins #1)
  • Prelude to Extinction
  • The Last Resort
  • The Fatal Flying Affair (A Lady Hardcastle Mystery #7)
  • The Voice of Reason (Bridgers #3)
  • Hunters (King & Slater #8)
  • In Times Like These (In Times Like These, #1)
  • Shakeup (A Stone Barrington, #55)
  • The Mind of Many (Bridgers, #4)
  • The Man Who Never Was (John Milton #16)
  • Master of Formalities
  • Killa City (John Milton #17)
  • Ronin (John Milton #18)
  • An I For An I (Revenge #3)
  • Robert B. Parker's Fool's Paradise (A Jesse Stone Novel Book 19)
Brett Battles is a Barry Award-winning author of over thirty novels, including Rewinder, the Jonathan Quinn series, the Logan Harper series, and the Project Eden series. He’s also the coauthor, with Robert Gregory Browne, of the Alexandra Poe series. You can learn more at his website: brettbattles.com

Rewinder (3 books)
  • Rewinder (Rewinder #1)
  • Destroyer (Rewinder #2)