Start by marking “Daring to Dream (Dream trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
Daring to Dream (Dream trilogy #1)

Daring to Dream (Dream Trilogy #1)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  20,835 Ratings  ·  440 Reviews
Margo, Kate, and Laura were brought up like sisters amidst the peerless grandeur of Templeton House. But it was Margo whose dreams first took her far away...

Margo Sullivan had everything a young woman could ask for. But while growing up along the rocky cliffs of Monterey, she couldn't help but dream of bigger things. The daughter of the Templeton's stern Irish housekeeper,
Mass Market Paperback, 366 pages
Published August 1996 by Jove (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Daring to Dream, please sign up.

Rae I'm twelve and am a total 100 percent bookworm i would definately recommend this book for a 13 year old. The beginning is so intriguing and the story…moreI'm twelve and am a total 100 percent bookworm i would definately recommend this book for a 13 year old. The beginning is so intriguing and the story line is so moving this is definately one of the best books i have ever read. (less)

Phrynne
If you like Nora Roberts's books then you will enjoy this one. It is pretty much her standard fare with three beautiful and talented female friends about to meet the loves of their lives, one at a time of course, in each of the three titles of a trilogy. I quite enjoyed this one but the two lead characters were actually not very nice and probably deserved each other. I do not feel compelled to seek out the next book in the trilogy although I would probably be happy to read it on a beach some day ...more
Lizzy
May 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes I just feel like reading a romance, and who's better at good romances than Nora Roberts? That's why I read Daring to Dream, which allowed me a few hours of enjoyable daydreaming.

Roberts might be a shopkeeper at heart if you consider her romantic heroines. If you like Roberts, you certainly already read many of her successful stories and her leading ladies like Margo: there's Brianna and her B&B Blackthorn Cottage of Born in Ice; Rosalin with her In the Garden nursery of Black Ros
Jonetta
This is a good story and introduction of the characters for the trilogy. I just didn't like Margo, the main character in the story. She was just too superficial and self absorbed.

I enjoyed the relationship between the friends, which was the high point of the story. It's worth it to read this book just to get to their stories. And maybe Margo won't annoy others as she did me.
Tia Bach
Feb 21, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Daring to Dream (#1 in the Dream Trilogy) follows fiesty Margo Sullivan from her modeling days, the inevitable fall from grace, and then straight jump into bed with a man who she's known all her life. This book, and I swear I don't generally say this about Nora Roberts' books, felt contrived and silly from the onset. I found Margo to be a brat and her newfound love, Josh Templeton, a jerk with anger and jealousy issues. Margo, of course the housekeeper's daughter, grew up in the fabulously wealt ...more
Alex is The Romance Fox
What a fabulous start to yet another of my favorite NR series!!!

Daring to Dream, the 1st of the Dream Trilogy introduces three “sisters”, who, whilst not by blood, have a strong and loving bond, growing up together in the beautiful Templeton House overlooking the Big Sur and we are taken on a journey with Margo Sullivan, the beautiful and passionate daughter of the Templeton’s housekeeper, has always dreamed of fame and glamour and being more than just the “housekeeper’s” daughter.

The story begi
Heather
Nov 30, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
i always hate getting stuck with a main character like this! she's all concerned with fame and fortune,has apparently slept with everyone-sometimes just to boost her career-and had an affair with a married man.
what started out like a good book ended quickly.really quickly. the prologue was the only interesting thing in the whole book.and nora never really went anywhere with it.
the characters aren't likeable,which is typical in a nora roberts book.
there's a lot of short. sentences like.this that
Paraphrodite
Apr 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened, 2017
3.5 stars.

Can't believe this trilogy is already 20 years old! This was a re-listen and still surprisingly enjoyable. It's interesting to see that smoking was so cool in those days!
DeAnna
Sep 03, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance_novels
Two irritating, arrogant lead characters -- I guess they deserve each other. I kept reading the trilogy because I liked the secondary characters in this one.
 Mary

Creo que es la primera vez que le pongo un puntaje tan bajo a un libro de Nora Roberts....

Hay muchos elemento clásicos del estilo de Nora: Margo, Kate y Laura han crecido juntas, inseparable amigas proveniente de distintos ámbitos pero que encuentran el elemento común en su amistad y el escenario que les da esa oportunidad es la casa de los Templeton junto con la leyenda que la zona inspira, algo que en el corazón de tres niñas románticas las une y las marca. Es una trilogía así que hay un lib
Autumn
ok so the book it self was 3 stars in my opinion as far as romance, but i gave it 4 because i liked the way NR created this characters and made them work out in romantic story.

Let me warn you,that is not the typical heroine that is looking for love..Margo`s priorities are to make something of herself. She is portrayed a bit as shallow,careless,but very loyal person.

What captivated my attention of this book was the premise. Margo achieves her "dreams" above and beyond.. only to find herself back
Ada
May 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another satisfying read from Nora Roberts. I'm a little disappointed in myself that it took me this long to read the Dream series but better late than never.

The series revolves around 3 lifelong friends - Laura Templeton, daughter of a hotel magnate, her cousin Kate Powell, orphaned young and brought to live with the Templetons and Margo Sullivan, daughter of the Templeton's head housekeeper.

It's a great story that tells the tale of a woman's journey to realizing what is truly important is famil
Cata
Feb 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: emprestados, 2012
1º volume da Trilogia do Sonho.

Outro livro que iniciei sem grandes expectativas e que acabou por me surpreender pela positiva. A Trilogia tem como protagonistas três grandes amigas de infância que foram criadas juntas e que se amam como irmãs, apesar de terem personalidades completamente opostas: Margo, Laura e Kate.

A protagonista deste livro é Margo, uma mulher deslumbrante, antiga modelo, que volta para casa após um escândalo que arruinou a sua carreira. Margo conhece Josh desde que se mudou p
Obsidian
Dec 29, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tbr-2017
I loved this series and honestly point to this towards those who love Roberts who want to know where she gets up her male and female avatars in her later works. Also most of her plots in her later trilogies are based on similar set-ups with the males and females too. That said, I always get a kick out of the Dream trilogy.

I only re-read this first book because I honestly was so busy with a huge amount of other books that I just didn’t have the time to break away and get embroiled in this world a
Debbie
After ten years of modeling success, Margo Sullivan found herself in the middle of a career ending scandal and drug charges that she had no connection or knowledge of. The type of person Margo was, she went home to Monterey California. The Templeton house had always been her home, her mum was the housekeeper, Laura Templeton and Kate Powell her best friends now with the world talking about her the only place to run and hide was the Templeton house. The big brother figure of the family, Josh Temp ...more
Hobby

Books “MERAIH IMPIAN”
Judul Asli : DARING TO DREAM
( book 1 of the DREAM TRILOGY )
Copyright © 1996 by Nora Roberts
Penerbit Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Alih Bahasa : Nurkinanti Laraskusuma
Cover by Marcel A.W.
Cetakan I : Agustus 2003 ; 464 hlm
Rate : 3 of 5

California, 1846 : Seraphina adalah gadis cantik menawan yang telah memberikan hati dan jiwanya kepada Felipe – pemuda gagah yang berjuang di garis pertahanan Santa Fe melawan pasukan Amerika yang melakukan invasi ke New Mexico. Namun kini Seraphina tela
Bark's Book Nonsense
Model, Margo Sullivan, is trying to patch her life back together after her career is shattered by a dirty scandal. She heads back home to heal her wounds and to help out an old friend going through an emotionally trying time and falls in love with the friend's brother, an old childhood crush, Josh now a rich playboy and sometimes attorney.

This was the first book by Nora Roberts that I could easily put down. Her beautiful knack for description was there as was her easily readable style but I didn
Angela Holland
Jan 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Why I read this book: I picked up this book because the cover caught my eye. I have also read a couple of other books by this author and have really enjoyed them.
What I did like: I liked the theme behind this book. Once again we have a series of book by Nora the centers around the close friendship of three friends and we one friend that is the main character in this story, which I enjoy.
What I didn't like: I did not like the way that the main character Margo was such a "flighty" person. It see
Alys Marchand
May 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has a lot to like. The characters are very different and pretty well developed. The setting is one of my favorite places. The main character is flawed and stupid, but changes as she grows up. The relationship between Margo and Josh is believable.

That said, I'm highly dissatisfied with the writing style. In addition to far too many short, snippy sentences that don't flow, the sudden change in points of view is jarring. One moment we are seeing events through Margo's eyes, and the next,
Kerstin
The book was okay. I especially liked the strong friendship between the three women and how they and their parents form an unusual, but close family.
I had some problems with Margo and Josh. Both are likeable protagonists - but only most of the time. Of course that they have major flaws makes them good, more complex characters, but I couldn't get Margo and her decisions. She's a nice, loyal person, but sometimes I just wanted to shake her till she'd see sense. And Josh... well, I didn't like how
Heena Rathore P.
May 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2014
I absolutely loved the book and most of all Margo (the main character). After reading just a few pages, I realised that I’ve already developed a bond with her and the other 2 female leads (Laura and Kate), which will lead me effortlessly and happily through the rest of the series.
Daring To Dream is about Margo’s journey, going though life-changing ups and downs and how she emerges out of everything stronger and more confident than ever. She takes life head-on and faces the worst situations with
Angela
I like most of Nora Roberts' trilogies. They're fun, entertaining, and romantic. This is probably the 2nd trilogy of hers I'd ever read and it stands up fairly well on re-reads.

Margo has a lot of growing to do. But, while at times she can seem incredibly selfish her loyalty - absolutely and unwavering - is what drew me to her character. And I liked how she took responsibility for her screw-ups and did what everything she could to make something out of the ashes of her life.

Josh was solid and ste
Stacy
Dec 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Set in Monterey, California, this first novel in the Dream trilogy features Margo Sullivan, the feisty and beautiful daughter of a wealthy family's housekeeper. She's been offered the same privileges as the Templeton children, but Margo resents handouts. She feels she has much to prove to herself, her surrogate family, and her mother. Margo dreams big--she wants wealth, fame, and success--but she doesn't want anyone else's help. Her plan is to go as far away from home as possible, so she starts ...more
Lady Raven RAVE!
This book is magnificent. I found myself so engAGED in the story. I am just amazed at how Nora Roberts can make you feel. The romantic scenes with Margo and Josh were so powerful. The passion, desire and love between the two of them was so strong. You could only wish you had that type of love in a lifetime. Bravo Nora you are magnificent.

Feel free to join my book group on Facebook (Romance Novel Junkies) and fan page ( Romance Novel Junkies Book Reviews). We have over 500 members, which includes
Thenia
An introduction to the family of Templeton House, with the focus on Margo, the daughter of a maid who always wanted more from her life, and Josh Templeton, the heir of the family.

I did not particularly like Margo and couldn't really relate to her and so I wasn't all that invested in her story. Both she and Josh have their flaws and make some bad decisions, but they seem to work as a couple and it was nice seeing them get their happy-ever-after.

I am curious about Laura and Kate and will probably
Raquel Bernardes
Sep 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Foi o primeiro livro da Nora Roberts e do qual adorei ler e que fiquei viciada nas triologias e não só desta mesma autora. Adoro tudo o que seja romance e este não foi excepção. Margo é uma mulher bastante carismática e bem sucedida, como modelo mas sempre quis conquistar o amor e a aceitação da sua mãe, até que tem um revés na sua carreira e acaba por procurar o refúgio no meio da sua família e começa a ver o que é realmente mais importante na sua vida. Adorei!!!

Kelly Van den Broecke
Deel een van een trilogie. Margo, dochter van een huishoudster, wil steeds meer. Ze weet dat ze mooi is en gaat haar toekomst dan ook gaan zoeken in rijkdom en beroemd zijn. Ze had alles om gelukkig te zijn tot ze alles kwijt raakt. Met niks keert ze terug naar haar thuisbasis en probeert ze alles op een rijtje te zetten en na te denken wie ze is, wil zijn en wat ze gaat doen. Mooi romantisch verhaal. Soms wat te langdradig voor mij.
Holly Boyd
Aug 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nora Robert's....I so enjoy here books, every one I've listened to has such good dialogue, makes me laugh out loud and then brings me to tears. I love the characters and am always sad when the books come to an end and then the series comes to an end. Luckily she has written so many series I still have many to go. It must be a stage I'm going through that these books are really about as deep as I want to get.
Theresa
Oct 16, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I don't like using the word, "bitches," to describe women, but the entire time I'm reading this book, I'm just thinking to myself:

"OOH, LOOK! Rich bitches crying!"
"Rich bitches whining!"
"Dumb rich bitches who don't think!"

BOO HOO. BOO HOO. DO YOU WANT MORE SALT WITH THEM CRIES?!
SOMEONE CALL THE WHAAAAAABULANCE. WE HAVE SOMEONE CRYING.
Brooke
Mar 19, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Typical Nora! Enjoyable, easy read. It had strong characters with impressive friendships/relationships.

To me, her older books always have a kind of "soap opera" feel. Usually, I don't like that, but then when I finally do read them, I'm always surprised. There is just enough surprise, laughter & love/hate, that I really do enjoy reading them!
mayra.
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5star, 2016reads
I was not expecting to like this book as much as I did. I was not expecting to really like Josh either. He is the first male character in such a long time that I have liked. Found the story enjoyable, all in all a good read from one of my favorite authors.
Nora Roberts Grou...: Daring To Dream (June 2014 Book of the Month) 10 36 Jul 08, 2014 12:14PM
isn't fun 3 47 Nov 20, 2012 12:12PM
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9)
  • Every Breath You Take  (Second Opportunities #4)
  • The Cheating Curve
  • Amber Beach (Donovan, #1)
  • Family Man
  • Mackenzie's Mission (Mackenzie Family, #2)
More about Nora Roberts...

Dream Trilogy (3 books)
  • Holding the Dream (Dream Trilogy #2)
  • Finding the Dream (Dream Trilogy #3)

“Earrings are like orgasms. You can never have too many."
" I never thought about it quite that way."
Well, you're a man. " She gave his knee a friendly pat.”
117 likes
“What do you know about life? " Bitterness ached in her throat. " You were born with everything. You never had to struggle for a single thing you wanted, never had to worry if you'd be accepted or loved or wanted back."
He stared at her, grateful for the moment that she couldn't see that he'd spent nearly half of his life worrying that she, the single thing he wanted, would accept him, love him, and want him back.”
69 likes