Start by marking “Ryker & Gavin (Something About Him, #5)” as Want to Read:
Ryker & Gavin (Something About Him, #5)

Ryker & Gavin

(Something About Him #5)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  184 ratings  ·  55 reviews
Gavin Mitchel has resigned himself to a lonely and unfulfilling love life, but his first meeting with Ryker Hudson is as steamy as it is random, which is precisely the way Ryker likes it. Their second meeting, while equally random, is beyond awkward.

Although a fourteen-year age difference stands in their way, a much larger obstacle is also blocking their path. Together,
Published January 26th 2017 by A.D. Ellis Publishing (first published January 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Ryker & Gavin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ryker & Gavin

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Ryker & Gavin (Something About Him, #5)
Truuss / Loveislovereview
Ryker 18 years old clear and honest informs his mom he is and always will be into boys.
Said this should be clearing the sky......not.....

What supposed to be a proud loving mom, in the end shows up as a person who doesn't think about her boy....only about herself
There he goes.... from a warm home to homeless....and now to find a way to cash money.....

Five years later....

Soooo..... Gavin boy.... it surprised me so much, the corner he was coming from in this story. I must say it was very
Emily Seelye
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, arc
Isabella ~Mikku-chan~

I very rarely read and write review of books in a series when I haven’t started it yet. This book intrigued and gained my interest when I read the blurb in a FB group and was up for ARC request.

Though the 5th book in a series this book can be without problems read as a stand alone.

It has a very nice, solid writing, it flows very well and fitting and the character’s behaviour was in my eyes unerstandable and
Melissa
Apr 10, 2017 marked it as own-but-not-read-yet  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 300-400, free
Currently free on Amazon as of 4-10-2017
Faye Kennedy
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, ku-read, age-gap
5 stars plus..This is a beautiful story about fates and never questioning them. I loved the age difference in this story.
Poor Gavin he's in the middle of mother and son and trying reconcile them but he wants a relationship with Ryker as well. Ryker's is a angry young lad with what happened with his mother 5 years ago. Angst for Gavin in deciding on what he wants to find love or a valued friendship.
At 18 Ryker left his mother's house after coming out to her, she couldn't accept him being gay. 5
Lisa
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book

This is book 5 in the Something About Him series. This novel is about Ryker a 23 year old man who at ages 18 was kicked out of his home by his mother for being gay. Gavin is best friends with Rykers mum Annabeth and only knows Ryker as the son she abandoned 5 years ago. By a cruel twist of fate both men meet again after their one night together only to realise that the attraction they felt for each other can't continue because of Annabeth. But the spark won't go away
DC
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve been enjoying this series, abeit in random order; and while I did thoroughly enjoy this one, I don’t think it was one of the best. It’s just that the whole Gavin being Ryker’s mom’s best friend thing was just overplayed and at time rather creepy. Like when you’re about to make love to your partner and you’re thinking about how his mother would react to your relationship....ya, creepy.
But I also like the way the author portrayed Ryker’s emotions as he grappled with his relationship with his
Twinsie Talk Angie J

Hands down, Gavin is my FAVORITE in the series!!!

Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv
Ryker & Gavin by AD Ellis
I received this book from the author for an honest review.
AHH YES! This book is by far my favorite of AD’s. I don’t know why but Gavin just got to me……Maybe it’s his age, nerdy persona, unconfident and unlucky in love??? Maybe its Ryker just wanting to
Marie McKenney
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this emotion filled story

Ryder had a rough time after he told his mom about being gay. His life was turned upside down. Fate intervenes and he meets Asher. Asher is so great for him. He helps find a life once his has been turned upside down. Gavin is friends with his mom. The emotions that they go through after meeting the first time, then again with his mom is a big rollercoaster of emotions. They fight the feelings but as Asher says fate is there. Love their friends and family from Torey
Kathy
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ryker and Gavin's story is a very good one. You have Ryker who is a very nice and sweet man who has been hurt in the past and is lonely. When he meets Gavin, they have an instant connection, Ryker comes to find out that he is his mom's best friend. These 2 men go through many different challenges throughout their relationship and have to endure a lot of ups and downs to get their happily ever after. Gavin is older but has a young sole and is perfect for Ryker. A.D. Ellis did a fantastic job ...more
Nichole
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In love

I absolutely love this series! I think each book is better than the last. I'm so glad that this one ended with a happy ending for everyone. I was a little worried towards the end. I think Braeton, Andrew, Bryan, Grayson and Braeliegh would get along great with this group!!! :)
Lisa
Jun 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
The storyline was interesting, but obvious in the “mistakes” Ryker and Gavin were making which needed to be cleaned up later. I did appreciate the honesty of reaction from Ryker’s mom throughout the story. It seemed very plausible and unfortunately too often the truth. Still a lot of fluff because there was really no basis for Ryker to make such a 180 into his HEA.
Moriah
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really loved this story. Loved Ryker. Poor Ryker. He had it tough when his mom disowned him for being gay, but he found great friends and Gavin. Loved Gavin for him, they were such an amazing couple. I did not want this story to end! I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.
J.J. Ellis
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another Great One

I loved the characters first and foremost and the story ended up surprising me. I love how Annabeth was such an integral part of the plot and lgbt families, both blood and self made, were given airtime. This series just keeps getting better.
Kirha
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ryker came out to his mother and instead of getting the support and love he deserved, she completely disowned him. Fast forward five years later and he still holds all of that bitterness in his heart, never being able to give himself to fully to anyone. He was all about the random hookups until he met one that he couldn't forget.

Gavin was lonely. Having very few friends or a boyfriend for that matter, he decided to use a hook up and met Ryker, who he finds out later on is 14 years his junior.
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another hit.

I have loved every book in this series, the book shows that love comes at the most unlikely of times . The characters are strong and again the book hit all the right spots
Paisleyrowan
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, normmal, on-blog
Makes you feel real hurt and confusion and indignation in all the right spots, without getting too riled up. I suspect it's even better if you've read the Torey Hope series or at least the Sawyer one.
Geoff
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
My Recommendation: Not worth the time, and these are really fast reads. The characters are one-dimensional, the stereotypes overwhelming, and the writing is meh at best. Your time would be much better spent reading pretty much anything else.

My Response: I think this is the one I hate-read the most. I say this because apart from the opening and closing lines, I only highlighted two lines/passages and one of those was because of its reappearance after an absence, but I'll get to that.

Ryker's mom
ButtonsMom2003
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-from-author
Ryker and Gavin were made for each other.

While Ryker & Gavin is the fifth book in the Something About Him series it isn't really connected to the other books. In fact, the books are really standalone stories with a connected theme. While I think you should read the other books first because they are good, you won't miss anything if you start with this one.

Ms. Ellis has done it again. Ryker & Gavin was such a good story and an emotional one for me to read – my favorite kind. Ryker comes
Antoinette
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ryker, kicked out by his mother at 18 for being gay has basically built a fortress around himself letting only his best friend, Asher, in. Because of this he only does one night stands. Gavin is 37 with little sexual experience because he spent most of his adult life taking care of his disabled grandmother. They hook up one night after meeting on a dating app and both men feel a spark. Ryker brushes it off and tries to put it out of his mind because he doesn't do seconds. A few days later his ...more
Jodi Ciorciari-marinich
I enjoyed book 5 in this series by AD. I have read the prior books and fell in love with all these men and their stories.. This is Ryker and Gavin's story. I feel you don't have to read the prior books in the series to enjoy this one but it helps to learn about the group of guys.
Ryker's story tore at my heart in the beginning when he came out to his mom and she told him to leave. There is more to the story but you have to read the book to find out. Thanks to FATE , Ryker came out of a potential
ButtonsMom2003
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-from-author
Ryker and Gavin were made for each other.

avid reader 1
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**Possible Spoilers**
The author presents a believable, and probably tame, scenario of a child being rejected by his parent when coming out to them.
Riker is devastated when his mother gives him the ultimatum of being straight and staying home or being gay and leaving home. The one person he believed would always love and support him rejected him out of hand. This colored how Riker continued with his life. He gained many friends that he probably would not have had if he had been as his mother bid
Felicia Eddy
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series!!!! AD Ellis writes honestly that encompasses humor and emotion and takes each book down a different path so no 2 books are the same. Ryker and Gavin is a great example of forbidden love - somewhat of a May/December romance that also includes how to accept someone you love in your life when you may not agree with who they are.

Ryker was kicked out of his home at 18 when his mom just couldn't accept him; now 5 yrs later she wants to try to rebuild their relationship. Gavin just
Julie Gustafson-Monk
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads
Reviewed on behalf of 2 girls who love books blog.

I am a huge fan of M/M books. This is the first book I have read by this author. I assure you it won't be the last.
I absolutely fell in love with Gavin. He is so carrying, respectful and cherished his best friend..And the relationship him and Ryker is truly breathtaking.

Ryker had been asked to leave his moms house when he reveals to her that he is gay. He was truly heartbroken but he knew he wouldn't change who he was to please his mom. Some
Amanda at WickedGoodReads
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Spoiler Free Review (hopefully)

Book 5 in the Something About Him installment is about Ryker and Gavin. Ryker-at 18 was turned away by his mother who refused to accept him for who he was...a gay man.

Years later, after he has been on his own he meet's an older man, a random Grindr hook up, who he is drawn to like no other but he can't pinpoint the why....

Gavin is an older man who has resigned himself to being old and alone. Until a random hook up turns his life on it's axis.

Because unbeknownst to
Christina Wade - BFD Book Blog
I’m going to start with the subplot in my review. As a mother, I cannot fathom asking my son or daughter to be miserable to save face to society. I’m not sure how a child ever forgives that. Ryker and his mom’s relationship is a bit part of this story and I don’t want to give anything away but know that I had a hard time understanding his mother.

Ryker and Gavin are pretty perfect together, even with their 14 year age difference. Gavin is really shy and socially awkward, mostly due to his
Jennifer Reilley
I just loved this book, well and this whole series.

Ryker is young when his mom kicks him out of the home for being so he is. He is alone but finds his way with a new set of friends that are basically his family. He doesn't do relationships, only hook ups and never repeats.

Gavin is much older than Ryker. Gavin is lonely and would love to meet the "one" and form a relationship.

They meet by chance two times and definitely feel a deep connection. They have some baggage to get past in order to find
Gini
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was very well written but a bit slow at times. Gavin and Ryker seemed to have a connection from their first time meeting as a hook up. When they meet again at Ryker's mom's house you can sense the tension in the air. As they work through the issues of age and Ryker's mom their bond gets stronger. Unfortunately she finds out about them on accident and does not take it well in the beginning. Gavin and Ryker are heart broken but are able to lean on each other until mom comes around. All ...more
SoCalBookReviews
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Something about him

Have you ever wanted to jump through a book and throat punch the person on the other side? Lol. Well. The first 75% of the book I seriously wanted to do that to Rykers mom Annabelle. Totally Disliked her.
But this was a really good story. Ryker and Gavin meeting was fate and they totally deserve a HEA. You can read this as a standalone since it didn't really tie in with the "series" but the other books are great too. Definitely worth buying and reading!

• Going Commando (Heathens Ink, #2)
  • Rescue Me (Heathens Ink #1)
  • Afterglow (Up-Ending Tad: A Journey of Erotic Discovery, #6)
  • The Master (Free Men, #3)
  • Not So Vanilla
  • Easton (Leashes & Lace, #0.5)
  • Survivor (Survivor, #1)
  • Safe and Sound (Twist of Fate, #2)
  • Sulle orme dei poeti (Shadows #3)
  • Scent of Darkness
  • Paper Hearts (Veterans Affairs, #2)
  • Rhythm of Us (Fated Hearts, #2)
  • Protecting the Soul (Souls of Chicago, #3)
  • Lost and Found (Twist of Fate, #1)
  • Snow Falling (Haven Hart Universe, #1)
  • Rainbow Place (Rainbow Place, #1)
  • Silken
  • Back Where He Belongs
A.D. Ellis is an Indiana girl, born and raised. She spends much of her time in central Indiana as an instructional coach/teacher in the inner city of Indianapolis, being a mom to two amazing school-aged children, and wondering how she and her husband of nearly two decades haven't driven each other insane yet. A lot of her time is also devoted to phone call avoidance and her hatred of cooking.
She

Something About Him (6 books)
  • Bryan & Jase (Something About Him, #1 )
  • Brody & Nick (Something About Him, #2)
  • Barrett & Ivan (Something About Him, #3)
  • Braeton & Drew (Something About Him, #4)
  • Kade & Cameron (Something About Him, #6)