Start by marking “Resistance (Nomad #3)” as Want to Read:
Resistance (Nomad #3)

Resistance

(Nomad, #3)

The fight for the future of humanity begins...

Jessica Rollins has made it to safety inside the Sanctuary system with the help of Ufuk Erdogmus, but is her mysterious savior really who he says he is? What secrets does he hide? And how is he connected to Dr. Muller?

Jess doesn't have much time to ponder these questions, as soon she is fighting again for her life...
Published December 15th 2016 by Matthew Mather ULC

To ask other readers questions about Resistance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Resistance

Sara Marschand
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This series keeps getting better as it goes along. The story has momentum and drive forward that kept me turning pages. I never know what insidious plot will be uncovered by Jessica and her band of refugees or if they will survive the next ecological disaster.
Adam
This was a fun book and a decent continuation of the series. What really helped make it more enjoyable was the more varied settings and the greater sense of progress the characters are making. It makes me wonder if it's Mather's co-author, Lucas Bale, that helps bring a lot more of the variety and interest to the series (or if it was Mather's plan all along). Also, though there were more injuries (expected) in this book, none of them were quite so gruesome and terrible as the second book. Still, ...more
Barbara Sheppard
Feb 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
The third book in the Nomad series. To me this book was a real snoozer. These people ended up in Sanctuary but that was short lived since someone blew it up. Then they were right back where they started from. Once they got to Africa or wherever they ended up I lost all interest in the storyline. It just went on and on and it was so boring that I scanned it to the end and that was that. Whew....what a disappointment.
Glad I got that over with.
Korey
Jan 08, 2018 rated it liked it
I really liked Nomad. I was really underwhelmed with Sanctuary. I'm also pretty underwhelmed with this. Jess is just so annoying. Ufuk is needlessly dodgy. Who knows what the story with Massarah is. It just seeems needlessly...young teen.

I liked the science in Nomad...that aspect is why I really liked it. Sanctuary was boring and light on science. This one starts to pick up on a scientific thread again. It's a little outdated (thanks to Cassini) but on the right track.

I'll finish the series, but
Tom
Feb 22, 2019 rated it liked it
The story continued apace. The action sequences were stimulating, but the story provided little additional insight into several key characters' motivations. The clockwork parts of the plot are turning, but what the final outcome will be is yet to be seen (setup for the next installment).

This volume had a few more minor grammatical errors than the last, and repeated a couple of technical errors that also appeared in the second volume. Hint: jet fuel is basically kerosene with additives, is not "h
Renee Magrum
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Action packed thriller

Although "Resistance" still has science fiction elements, this book is full of action packed thrills. As we follow the further adventures of Jess and Giovanni, they are continually put into danger by the bad guys. We know who some of the bad guys are and we have suspicions about others. The details of the events and places in this book are very believable. I am very happy there is a 4th book which I am downloading right now. "Resistance" is definitely not a stand-alone book
C Lane
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
More twists and turns than you favorite roller coaster!

The continuing story of New Earth plays out like a shell game -- where is the pea? Who has the answers? Who can you trust? Will we ever learn why Mueller needs Jess so badly!
The long cold Winter from book 2 begins to warm up as this story catches fire. Intriguing New characters keep you riveted to the tale. And just when you think you'll learn the answers to all your questions...
...sorry. No spoilers here. Read this book!
Donald
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hard to put down

This unique story of post-apocalypse Earth gets more intriguing with each installment. It combines hard SF, espionage, global politics, cultural clashes, astro-physics, and manned space flight in ways that keep me guessing. Great character development keeps me caring about Jess and her charges as they struggle through a world changed forever by a cosmic event. READ IT!
Steve
Jan 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Just NOT Good Enuf to Deserve 4 stars (3 is generous)

My main problem with this Book Series is that it implies it is SciFi — and it is NOT. It’s just one continuous story, centered about a woman and those closest to her, improbably surviving in an Earth that’s been torn apart. The ‘good’ guys and the ‘bad’ guys change hats at the author’s whim, and the overall scenarios are just not believable.
Bob Wilson
May 20, 2017 rated it liked it
I didn't like this book as well as the first two in the series. The pace was very uneven - several places where the story seemed to drag on and on. Had those slow spots been tightened up, I would have given this 4 or 5 stars, because when the pace was good, it was very good.

Overall I still like the series and am looking forward to reading the 4th book when it comes out in the next couple of weeks.
Christine Bishop
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great!

Resistance is the third book in the Nomad Series! Resistance begins with Jessica, Giovanni, Hector, Raffa, Lucia, and Roger in Sanctuary Europe. Ufuk came to Jessica rescue but she's not sure he can be trusted. I love Matthew Mathers writing and I have soared through the last 3 books. I can not wait to start on Destiny.
Ada Bunea
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
In the same action-packed style as the first two books in The New Earth series, Resistance drives the story forward, while at the same time still leaving you searching for answers. A new story line appears already from the prologue, that of the Mars First mission, but it doesn't bring yet much to the story. If you enjoyed the first two books, you'll probably enjoy this one as well.
Gina Basham
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a ride

I will admit I wanted more from the Mars mission. Who's the bad guy, and who's the good guy? Always keeps you guessing. I can't wait for the conclusion. If you've read one through three this will not disappoint. I can highly recommend. Gbash
Jeanette Longford
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Resistance (Monad book 3)

The pace, character development adventure and creativity is continued here. Jess Gio v ani & co continue through life after the devastation of Nomad. This is block buster reading. Thoroughly recommended.
Bob Caroti
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Back at it!

Book 3 of the Nomad series ... Author is back on track! I loved book one but thought he had slipped with book two but ... I loved this one as characters fight to survive the end of the world and try to resend the Earth for a rebirth. Excellent read
Lori Dant
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read..never a dull moment...twists and turns everywhere...kept me reading until way past my bedtime!

Couldn't put it down! Characters and scenarios along with action kept me absolutely enthralled. Starting on next one as soon as this is posted :-D
Nick
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
More Twists and Turns

Another hard to put down book in the Nomad series. This opens with a whole new plot line, but does take a few pages to painlessly recap the previous books. And it ends with another cliffhanger.
R.
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Janette
Aug 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Implausible as hell

The main character is now so annoying that I really want to kill kill her just to get it over with. I have no idea how her companions put up with her, especially without ever saying I f*#@king told you so!
Mike Hughes
Oct 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Busy!

Like the story line. Not too fond of the main character. Hard to swallow someone so out of control can be in so much control. A few hints to her importance would have been helpful. Hope Destiny is more to my liking.
Tom
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Entertaining read. Sometime I'd like to smack Jessica but maybe she'll straighten up in the next book. The next book is already in my queue for tonight.
Jenna
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
series still going strong!
Lauren
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Great continuation of this post-apocalyptic saga. The mysteries and intrigue continue.
Daniel Kupres
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've flown through this series, the earth is safe, is not. Jessica and crew is safe, they're not, who can she trust?
Jay
Feb 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Probably the best one of the series so far. I do want to see how this series ends but I just can't get over the fact I hate the main character - Jess. I'd probably give if 4 stars if she'd die.
Bruce Johnson
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great read

Good follow up on other books in the series.
Love the different twists and turns. Can’t wait to see where this ends up.
Victoria
Jul 24, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoy this series, but it isn't enough to keep me from wanting to put down. It's something I may pick up when I get bored, or have nothing better to do.
Cherye Elliott
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Resistance

I thought this book was going to get better. It isn't a thriller nor a apocalyptic book. It is a mystery because I have no idea what the plot is.
Jeff Brown
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ok I'm hooked

Excellent read. Plans within plans. A possible destiny a possible end. Good mystery of an unforgivable future. It's too real to ignore.
Bagavathi
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
A solid sequel and better than the last one in the series.
  • The Sentinel (The Sentinel Trilogy, #1)
  • Exodus Trilogy: The complete omnibus edition
  • Black Virus (Black Rust #0.5)
  • Legacy: Fractured Era Legacy, Book 1
  • The Calling (The Calling Chronicles, #1)
  • Red Dragon (The Perseid Collapse Book 0)
  • Carson Mach Adventures 1-3 Box Set
  • Alpha Rising
  • Creation (Technopia, #1)
  • The Phoenix Agenda (Rossler Foundation Mystery #6)
  • The Gifts (A Jacody Ives Mystery)
  • Confessions of a School Nurse (The Confessions Series)
  • The Bratva Heist (Grant Stevens #10)
  • Thanos: The Infinity Finale
  • Why Don't You Come For Me?
  • The Turing Test, a Tale of Artificial Intelligence and Malevolence (Frank Adversego Thrillers, #4)
  • Flare
  • Defiled (Ron Ketchum Mystery, #2)
Matthew is the million-copy bestselling author of CyberStorm and Darknet, and the hit series Nomad and Atopia Chronicles. He started out his career working at the McGill Center for Intelligent Machines, going on to become one of the world's leading members of the cybersecurity community. In between he's worked in a variety of start-ups,everything from computational nanotechnology to electronic hea ...more

Nomad, (4 books)
  • Nomad (Nomad, #1)
  • Sanctuary (Nomad, #2)
  • Destiny (New Earth #4)
“communication specialist Elin Cuijpers.” 0 likes
“first the siren echoed only in the distant void of his subconscious, but when Commander Rankin’s mind focused on it, when its urgency came to him, it brought with it a terrifying understanding. No” 0 likes