Start by marking “Insidious (The Marked Mage Chronicles, Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Insidious (The Marked Mage Chronicles, Book 1)

Insidious

(The Marked Mage Chronicles #1)

Dark. Romantic. Dangerous. Enter the exciting new paranormal romance thriller that is captivating readers around the world. Perfect for fans of The Vampire Diaries, Twilight, and all things Supernatural.

Published January 6th 2017 (first published 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Insidious, please sign up.
Victoria Evers Yes, Book 2 is set to be released in July 2017!! :)
Victoria Evers The Marked Mage Chronicles is set to be a four book series, with a possible fifth installment. There will also be a New Adult companion series that…moreThe Marked Mage Chronicles is set to be a four book series, with a possible fifth installment. There will also be a New Adult companion series that will feature some of the same characters from The Marked Mage Chronicles, scheduled for release in November. :)(less)

Start your review of Insidious (The Marked Mage Chronicles, Book 1)
Dianne
She didn’t know the charming New England town was a hotbed of danger filled with vampires, demons, shifters and angelic hunters. It was only a night out with friends, but that night would be the turning point for Kat Montgomery and the new direction her life was taking would be both deadly and terrifying and the lone wolf at school would be the one who tries to save Kat as their strained relationship grows into one of trust and survival.

Something is happening in Mystic Harbor and it carries the
Victoria Evers
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I might be a little bias, but I think this book is AMAZING! ;)
Rebecca McNutt
I liked Insidious, it was certainly interesting and the Maine setting was really far out, however I found the plot and characters neither original nor deep in any way. I've had more than enough of Twilight for one lifetime. If you're a fan of paranormal romances though this one is definitely not bad and I would recommend it.
Sabrina
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, arc
Checkout my full review on my blog! http://omgbooksandmorebooks.blogspot....

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I must start out with saying I finished this book in one day. That is how engaging and wonderful this book is.

Kat had no idea she lives among the paranormal, vampires, demons and more. There is a mystery in Mystic Harbor that Kat needs to discover before its too late. She teams up with Reese, an outsider with magician like skills. Everyone says that he is trouble but
Branwen Sedai *of the Brown Ajah*
I recieved a free copy of this book in return for my honest review :)

Mystic Harbor is just like any other Maine town. But not all is as it seems. Beneath the sleepy exterior of this place, a deadly paranormal war is being waged. When Kat Montgomery is caught in an accident one night, she finds herself caught up in a world of magic, power, and danger that she never dreamed possible. All she has to do is survive.

I had never heard of Insidious before I started it, which was nice because I went in
The Book Blitzer
*Received Arc in exchange for an honest review*

Let me just start by saying…
MIND. BLOWN!!!

description

I really wasn’t anticipating this. After reading “A Court of Mist and Fury,” I had the worst book hangover ever! Three reads later, and I still couldn’t shake it. Then the author contacted me, asking for a review. Now I have a whole new book hangover, because “Insidious” is amazing! And it’s her FIRST freaking book!

description

The story starts in Mystic Harbor, Maine where 17-year-old Kat Montgomery decides to enjoy a
Laurie
MY REVIEW
4.5 STARS

I was hooked into this story immediately! Well-told, engrossing and different, the author's imagination really brought the setting and the characters to life. The dialogue is particularly engaging, fluent, and often funny.

The heroine is likable and sassy. When her world is turned upside down she finds out who her real friends are and discovers that there are plenty of spooky and dangerous creatures in her small community. Suddenly she has become a target in an insidious
Anniek
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kat lives in a small town in Maine. She's a normal teenager with regular teenage problems. During a bonfire Kat is not feeling well and the town's golden boy, Blaine, offers to take her home. A terrible accident leaves Kat as the sole survivor. Her injuries should be a lot worse, but she walks away with severe bruises only. Not long after the accident Kat starts to feel weird. She is famished all the time and Kat swears she woke up floating above her bed.

Now that Kat is changing she needs to
Emily
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I need the next book NOW!

I preordered this book based on some great reviews from a blog I follow and had high hopes because I needed a good book in my life. It blew me away! I'm a huge fan of the show Supernatural and this book has similar monsters and backgrounds that I already know. The characters are great; love everything about them. I had to sit this book down twice to return to reality but managed to finish the story at 4 this morning. I am now going to reread it because I'm still on the
Kimmie
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow just wow. I tend to read more adult romance than young
adult. But this book was so wonderful so do not pass it up
just because it is a YA book. It is extremely well written.
Toughly thought through, and was just so dam interesting.
I cannot wait for the next book.

This story is about a teenage girl (Kat) and the strange
goings on in the small town of mystic Harbor . at the
beginning of the book a whole buss full of kids goes missing.
And when you find out what happened to them let’s just say
Kristan
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although I'm a little confused with that epilogue I still loved reading this story, it was full of suspense and action and kept me on the edge of my seat. I did find that I was a little confused in some places but it all made sense in the end and came together, I can't wait to see what happens next. Kats character was strong and she didn't take any shit from anyone and couldn't be manipulated, she was head strong and didn't act out of fear or act impulsively, she was pretty much always clear ...more
Danielle (Danniegurl)
I’m not sure how I feel about this book. It was sort of jumbled. I don’t completely get what’s going on or what’s happening. I found too many similarities to the show The Vampire Diaries for comfort. Idk who to trust and who to root for. It seems like we are on deck for a love triangle and I kinda like both. I like Reese more because he’s nice. But I like the other person too, and I can’t pinpoint if they are evil either. Then there’s this overall plot of something going down with her (for the ...more
Brittney
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the characters and their relationships with one another and how they develop through out the story. There is action and shocks at every turn and leaves you wanting to read more. I loved how Kat grew as a person as her story developed and how she came to know Reese as a person and formed her own opinion of him instead of just listening to her friends. I hope this is going to be a series because I would love to see where Kat ends up.
I.A. Cintron
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
well damn, this book started a bit confusing and I thought it was a bit slow but it was just building up. in the final part it slapped me twice with a brick. I have to congratulate the author for this epic story and I need the second one now!
Carol
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OK WOW this book is so so good I'm really freaking out really well written so hard to put down I loved everything about it.
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow although a little confusing at times for a YA i enjoyed it, sometimes i find them a little too juvenile, the only aspect in this that annoyed me is everywhere Kat went she saw someone she knew, im surprised she was able to go to the toilet in peace.

After Kat meets up with the schools heartthrob a trip home turns deadly, Kat wakes up in hospital to hear her date had been killed in the accident, and she finds she's different.

After all this goes down More is slowly revealed in the story about
Al
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kat Montgomery has her life planned out nicely but one eventful night out turns her world upside down. Fate sets her on a course she couldn't forsee, and this dark and deadly new world has her head spinning in all directions. Just who is she supposed to trust? Mystic Harbor holds many secrets and Kat is on the verge of unraveling all, including the mystery that is herself. Just what is she morphing into? With the help of resident outsider Reese Blackburn, who too has a few skeletons in his ...more
Heather Gilbert
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-na, urban-fantasy
Thoughts

I have this weird little habit; I pick up books CONSTANTLY. My Kindle Unlimited Queue is consistently flush with 10 new books, along with a plethora of $0.99 deals, new releases, pre-orders and books that drop in price temporarily. That means that my Kindle is always bursting with new reads, ready and waiting for me to enjoy them. Often, by the time I get to them, I have already long since forgotten what the book was about - and I refuse to read the blurb again. This causes plenty
Ter Wilson
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
** I was given an ARC for an HONEST Review**

I was contacted to read and review Insidious. I was given the blurb, to the book, I glanced at the blurb, pop over to Goodreads, and took a look at the cover. Without knowing much more than AWESOME cover Design, Title that made me go OHHH, and or course my favorite genre! I went in as blind as I could.

Ms. Evers didn't disappoint at all. I am in love! I need the second book right now! I laughed out loud, I snorted! I stayed up past my bedtime reading!
Cierra McCauley (Cierra's Corner)
Holy crap on a cracker! lol I loved this book!! I was hooked 2% into the story, equal parts intrigued and terrified! This was not a tale I have read yet, it was fresh and exciting. Definitely got my blood rushing! There was so much suspense and action! I was gripping the edge of my seat waiting for what was going to happen next! Lots of twists and surprises that I did not see coming and some took my breath away! I absolutely love supernatural series and I'm so happy this was recommended to to ...more
Sharon Mariampillai
I received a copy from the author, in exchange for an honest review.

Thank you Victoria Evers for the opportunity to read your book. This was an alright read. I thought that the story was good. There were some parts where I was confused, while other parts were really interesting. I thought that the characters were good. I liked getting to know them better. I was really intrigued by them. Out of all the characters, I think Kat is my favourite. The epilogue was a bit confusing for me. I cannot wait
Andrea Heltsley
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-read
A decent read with quite a few unique concepts. Four glittery stars.
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
In the charming, small town of Mystic Harbor, Maine there is a whole other world that is full of secrets floating around that most people of the town don’t know anything about; the deadly world of shifters, demons, vampires, and angelic hunters and they all vie for power.

Kat Montgomery is one of the ones who know nothing about this secret deadly world in Mystic Harbor. On one eventful night all of that changes for Kat when she ends up in a tragic accident that leaves one of her friends dead.
Tiera McMillian
Promising start to the series, plenty of intrigue and action that kept me involved. I will say that it did seem like a fact dump when it came time for some splainin', and it also seemed like not only did they hit her with every supernatural in the book, but they threw in the book as well. It did seem a little overwhelming for a few, but I pulled myself together. Character wise I'm not a super Kat, our FMC, fan but there is definitely some potential. She has come across as juvenile and a tad ...more
Coco.V
Mar 16, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (3/16/2018)!

Blurb:
All Kat Montgomery wanted was a fun night out on the town. What she got was a death warrant. As it turns out, the quaint little hamlet of Mystic Harbor, Maine houses more than sandy beaches and adorable B&B’s. Beneath the New England charm rests a deadly world where shifters, demons, vampires, and angelic hunters all vie for power.

A world where magic is the greatest weapon.

Magic that Kat now possesses.

After that one fateful night, she can feel the
Alaina
Insidious is one of those books that you cannot put down--even though it does get confusing in some parts but overall this book was pretty interesting. All of the characters work extremely well with each other and have great backstories. I absolutely loved Kat throughout the book and I cannot wait to read the next book---which I will get ASAP. Fun read. Really enjoyed it.
Lela Eder
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely Love!!

I fell in love with this book from the very beginning. It left you guessing and wanting to find out more. The characters were engaging and easy to connect with. It was different and I couldn't put it down. I seriously cannot wait for book 2 I'm this serious! Highly recommend to all, you won't be disappointed! <3
~Lela
Neilliza Swaffar
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this story. Full of action with light romance. I do want more of Reese and Kat, I don't feel like they gave them enough time together. Hopefully the next book will have more these too. Can't wait to read the book 2.
Vya
Jan 28, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I'm not sure what I feel about this book. The story started out promising, and there are certainly enough likable characters and curious things happening to keep me reading.

However. Somewhere in the middle the plot dragged. At times I couldn't quite follow what happened. I mean, yes, plot twists, we love those. But when a plot twist seems to come out of nowhere—with not even a hint so that the readers can later confirm "oh, yeah, why didn't I see that?"—for me that's not a real twist. It's just
Aly
Nov 10, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-star-reads
Ok I actually kinda liked this?? We have Mages, Reapers, Hellhounds, oh and of course a Crown Prince of Hell. Very interesting combo if you ask me lol. My main issue is that it takes way too long to get to the actual story. You don't really know where the plot is planning to go until well over halfway. This includes character development as well, as we don't see much of that until over halfway. Even then the characters are really lacking and don't have much going for them. This could be so much ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please update book covers 4 29 Aug 23, 2018 01:26AM

• Incarnate (The Marked Saga #5)
  • The Genesis of Evangeline (The Lost Royals Saga #1)
  • Infernal (The Marked, #4)
  • Inception (The Marked, #1)
  • Dark Side of the Moon (The Lost Royals Saga #2)
  • Beauty Never Dies Chronicles 3: Forsaken
  • White Raven (Raven, #1)
  • Hidden Wings (Hidden Wings, #1)
  • Heart of the Dragon (The Lost Royals Saga #3)
  • Invidious (The Marked #2)
  • Iniquitous (The Marked, #3)
  • Black Crow (Raven, #2)
  • Throne of Fire: Dark Court Book 2
  • Throne of Winter: The Dark Court
  • Crown of Fire (The Forbidden Fae #1)
  • The Shadow Children (Demon-Born Trilogy, #1)
  • Season of the Wolf (The Lost Royals Saga #4)
  • The Audacity of Demons (Assassins of Mayhem Academy #1)
VICTORIA EVERS is a debut paranormal fiction writer who feels really awkward referring to herself in the third person.... When she's not vacationing in Narnia, you’ll probably find her reading, watching horror movies, spending time with her AMAZING family, or daydreaming about the newest story in her head.

Get updates on new releases, sales, and FREE books by signing up for her newsletter at:

The Marked Mage Chronicles (3 books)
  • Covetous (The Marked Mage Chronicles, #2)
  • Viperous (The Marked Mage Chronicles #3)
“Perhaps, but as they say, ‘Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift.’” He extended his hand out to me. “‘That’s why it’s called the present.” 2 likes