Start by marking “I Found Myself in Tuscany” as Want to Read:
I Found Myself in Tuscany

I Found Myself in Tuscany

When Lisa Condies marriage and a subsequent relationship disintegrated, she traveled to Italy to lick her wounds and implored her angels to help her discover what her next chapter of life might hold. As Lisa explored the streets of Florence, she felt invigorated and fulfillled wandering through the famed architecture and spectacular galleries; a deep sense of peace ...more
Published December 15th 2016

To ask other readers questions about I Found Myself in Tuscany, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Found Myself in Tuscany

Start your review of I Found Myself in Tuscany
Sherry
Sep 26, 2017 rated it liked it
I started reading this book and put it down thinking, "Oh No! Not another Eat Pray Love" which was a sometimes interesting book but Elizabeth Gilbert herself was a self focussed turn off for me. Although Lisa Condie drowned herself in coffee and spirits (I have never read a book where that was emphasized so much) and used exclamation marks (how did all those exclamation marks get past an editor?) as I kept reading I had to admire her for learning a new language and the pluck it took to live ...more
Judy
Jul 18, 2020 rated it liked it
This memoir of a woman reinventing herself by moving to Florence, Italy after being betrayed by her ex-husband and ex-boyfriend is a bit of a mixed bag. Her description of the process of receiving a visa to move to another country seemed very familiar to me, and her descriptions of Florence were right on. I liked her idea of a tour business for women. Her personal philosophy didn't quite work for me (finding white feathers reassured her that her decisions were correct), but apparently it did for ...more
Jackie
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I can hear the bells

What an inspirational woman. Let's just say I'm doing my research now for my trip. I'm waiting for the 2018 dates to come out. Lisa's writing transports you to that exact time and place. You can literally smell and taste the food, feel the cold of the Utah winter and the smoldering heat of the august sun in Florence. I was captivated. This is a must read for a wonderlust heart.
nicolette davis
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Inspiring Book

Loved the book. It wasnt best seller material, but it was best inspiring material. She chose a life well lived and gave life to many women who needed to see life isnt a forgone conclusion at 50 or 60 years old. Bravo to the author for sharing her life with her readers!
J.M.Scearce
Nov 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A delightful read: Lisa Condie'sjourney inspires, and warms the heart

A delightful read: Lisa Condie'sjourney inspires, and warms the heart! The escape to Fiorenza: the Italian's emotional warmth, unique character coupled with the beauty, bonus bits of history made for a grand escape needed at this time of a pandemic not having the luxury of travel !

Her personal story sadly reminds that women haven't come as far as we need in equality. Utah shocked me in it's dated suppression of women. It made
Mirtha Valdes
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Inspirational

This book left me with the confirmation that there is always hope, but it is up to us to search for our joy and to find ourselves in the process. I enjoyed it immensely as I have a recently returned from Florence. I started reading the book when I planned my trip with
Mu husband. I read it before I left, during, and after my trip and it has been a perfect backdrop to my own adventure. I also immensely enjoyed staying in Florence and hope to return many more times. I'd also love to
Eileenjp
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lisa Condie left Utah to live in Italy to get perspective after difficult relationship. She completely re-invented herself over the next couple years, starting a new business and beginning her writing career.
The first part of this book was a must read for anyone that is planning a trip to Florence Italy. Lisa Condie has done a great job bringing Florence alive and describing in detail many of the small Tuscan towns and places to visit around Florence itself.
The last few chapters in this book
Christine Campbell
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
As good as a holiday

I have followed Lisa Condie's posts on Facebook so was interested to see how it all began. Although at times it seems like everything fell into place Lisa takes us through the highs and lows, the red tape challenges and betrayals without dwelling on how low she must have felt at times. I'm sure the beautiful surroundings, mainly sunny days and the Italian approach to life must have helped. As many people have said Lisa is living the dream and I am more than a little envious
Susan
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a good book! Not the usual ex-pat moves abroad story where the worst thing that happens is termites in the barn or a backed-up drain and nobody can converse with the plumber because of the language difference. I was taken aback by what happened to Lisa and am glad that she persevered and followed her dream. In fact, I'm coming to Florence in May, Lisa - let's meet for cappuccino (before 10 of course).
Debra A. Hill
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A passionate Italian experience!

This book is for anyone and everyone wanting a personal tour of Italy. Expats will appreciate the tenacity and courage that comes with living and accepting a new culture. Every woman of a certain age will relate with finding growth from within in the uncharted waters of life. Each of our lives is a journey. Lisa has captured that adventurous effervescence and fervor.
Faith W
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Inspirational Travel Log

An excellent story of ones journey to healing, self-understanding, and finding solace in ones own strength while receiving the wonders of living and exploring life in the most wondrous and beautiful region of Tuscany. This is my go to book for travel info and for inspiration to realize my dream of someday finding myself in Tuscany!
David
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
A heart warming story of life's changes, finding your true self and adapting to move on.
Diane
Jun 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Inspirational Memoir

This story inspired me to take a leap of faith now and again to experience the most out of life.
Bettina Wolfe
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bellissimo! I loved this book! A wonderful, beautifully written, and inspiring story. Follow Lisa on her courageous journey and be whisked away to Tuscany.
shirley king
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Life affirming

Having just returned from a trip to Italy, I found this to be charming, funny and very accurate in the characters
as well as the culture of Florence.
Gretchen Freeman
Jun 23, 2017 rated it did not like it
Another bad example of a vanity press publication. The authentic glimpses of Tuscany or Italian life are few and far between. Mostly we get the author re-hashing bad breakups, escaping to Tuscany and shedding tears at the drop of a ubiquitous white feather. Credit to her for starting a tour business for women in Tuscany which occupies much of the book. Add a sprinkling of Wayne Dyer's platitudes and it's a snooze from start to finish.
tammie
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good tesad

Great book. Loved that it had bits and pieces of Salt Lake. I would recommend it to everyone who likes an easy read
Louise
Heike
Jul 30, 2017
P Pricer
Jul 03, 2019

• A Zany Slice of Italy (Italian Living Book 1)
  • Gone with the Wine: Living the Dream in France's Loire Valley
  • A Song for Bellafortuna
  • Zany Renovations in Tuscany (Italian Living #3)
  • Anywhere but Bordeaux!: Adventures of an American Teacher in France
  • A Zany Slice of Tuscany (Italian Living #2)
  • Paying It Forward in Tuscany (Italian Living #4)
  • The Silent Madonna (Book 2 of the Santa Lucia Series)
  • Villa of Sun and Secrets: A warm escapist read that will keep you guessing
  • Il Bel Centro: A Year in the Beautiful Center
  • My French Platter: A Journey to a Dream Life in France
  • At Least You're in Tuscany: A Somewhat Disastrous Quest for the Sweet Life
  • Turning Tuscan: A Step-by-Step Guide to Going Native
  • Poppies: Chasing the dream of building a house in France
  • Journey to a Dream (The Journey, #1)
  • Somewhere South of Tuscany
  • Love in a Tuscan Kitchen: Savoring Life through the Romance, Recipes, and Traditions of Italy
  • The Road to Villa Page: A He Said/She Said Memoir of Buying Our Dream Home in France

News & Interviews

“Preach the Gospel at all times, and when necessary, use words.” 0 likes
“There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. —Mark Nepo” 0 likes