Start by marking “Waste of Worth (DeLuca Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
Waste of Worth (DeLuca Duet, #1)

Waste of Worth

(DeLuca Duet #1)

DeLuca Duet, Part One

Ask anyone and they will all say the same thing about just who Dino DeLuca is. A criminal, the son of a traitor, and a mafia Capo who can’t be trusted. His past has shaped his life, creating demons he can’t escape from that live in his mind day and night.

He is all too aware of just how people see him.

Closed off.
Cold.
Different.

He doesn’t care—keep
Published January 9th 2017 by Bethany-Kris

To ask other readers questions about Waste of Worth, please sign up.
Vishakha Not necessarily, however if you do it just adds on to the book.

Natalie The Biblioholic
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, male-pov, mafia
Ever since meeting Dino in Deathless & Divided, I wanted to know his story and I was excited to hear that Bethany-Kris had created a duet for him.

Dino DeLuca came across as cold, detached, and unapproachable. But it was evident from the beginning of this book that Dino was a broken man. He had a huge heart filled with compassion and understanding, however, due to his past (and present), he believed himself unworthy of any good or happiness. That all started to change when Karen Martin got hi
Snow

4 "take the fall..." stars

This is a story of Dino DeLuca. The oldest brother of the DeLuca mafia family we've met in the shadows of the Chicago Wars series and even though he played a somewhat secondary role in there, he was actually an essential link, a presence that brought up the curiousity in finding out his background, his thoughts before the final actions, that made him the way he was, or was he a pawn in a much bigger devious game? or maybe a mere shadow to the more important ordeal, a ma
Selene
She's a photographer. He's a made man. Sparks fly and strong feelings erupt between the two until circumstances forcibly claw them apart. This is Dino's story.

Readers of Bethany-Kris's Chicago War series are well acquainted with Dino DeLuca. This book was narrated entirely from his perspective and provided a more thorough and insightful look into the mind of the man who was mysterious, complex, and of very few words.

This story was raw, gripping, and engaging! There were some side characters tha
S.M. West
5 DINO STARS

Gah!! Bethany slayed me with this one. I knew Dino's story would be sad and tortured, but man, my heart broke for him.

I love the Chicago War series and from meeting Dino in the first book, I was so intrigued by this character and wanted more. When I heard Bethany was giving us his book and a duet, no less, I was one happy girl!

While this can be read as a standalone from the Chicago War series, I'd definitely recommend you read it, either before or after. I don't think it really mat
Bethany-Kris
Dec 20, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Now on Kindle Unlimited!

Waste of Worth, Part One in the DeLuca Duet
Released January 9th, 2017

description

"Memories can make a monster out of a man."

The DeLuca Duet is now in Kindle Unlimited! <3

UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MSYT78K

Part Two, Worth of Waste, releasing Febr
Paige
4 "Wasted" Stars

Having read and loved The Chicago War series, I was so curious about how this story would play out. His story was central in that series yet he was always on the periphery. And after it wrapped up with book 4, I assumed I knew everything there was to know about Dino. How wrong I was. This is Dino and Karen's story from the very beginning and I am hooked.

Finally a grown adult, Dino is the head of his family but yet still has to follow the direction of The Family. Mob life isn't e
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 4 Stars *****

This duet can be read as a standalone

After reading The Chicago War series, I couldn't wait to read about Dino's history. I loved diving into his mind and following his thought process.

As a made man, he knows his life is dangerous. His innocent mother was murdered, and the last thing he wants to do is getting involved with an angel. She'll get hurt or end up dead too.

When Karen auditions as a stripper at Dino's club for some extra cash, Dino steps in to give her a different
Bev
Just when I think Bethany Kris has given her best she ups the ante and goes the extra mile. Every. Single. Time!! I was so desperate to read Dino's story but, given this was a cliffy and I don't do cliffhangers at all, I held back till Worth of Waste was released. And am I glad I did!

Waste of Worth was phenomenal. I'm on such a BK kick and plan to read everything she's written, she's just that bloody good! Dino's story hurt to read for a fair bit of the time, my heart broke over and over for tha
Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan!
* 4 Eyes On Me Nutella jars*

Blood
blʌd/Submit
noun
noun: blood
the red liquid that circulates in the arteries and veins of humans and other vertebrate animals .

Blood
blʌd/Submit
noun
noun: blood
4.family background; descent or lineage.

Oh and what a family it is. From fake respect to vile intentions the Chicago outfit was poison to its own blood but when is it ever enough , when does the final straw ever get pulled, maybe rage never truly brings continuous chaos maybe it's slowly simmers behind the h
Amanda
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I knew reading Dino's story is going to break my heart and it does, but I'm still glad Bethany decided to write a story for him and he is going to get his own HEA in the end. So I'm just gonna sucked it up and endure the painful journey because I'm not gonna sugar coat it, Dino's life is horrible.

Having read the Chicago War series, I knew some of the event that took place in this book, although getting it from Dino's perspective is refreshing with some extra information. Dino dedicated his whol
Ezinwanyi
This was an emotional read and somewhat cathartic for me. Dino DeLuca was the older brother from the Chicago War series and this new series is his story. I recommend that readers start with the Chicago War series to truly understand and appreciate the sacrifices that Dino made for his brother Theo and his sister Lily. I think that knowing his past is essential to truly feeling Dino's pain and it added so much depth and complexity for the character. Lots of feels in this book.

Dino’s family histor
Ari Reavis
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ohhhhhh my baby Dino. My heart broke for all the things he's been through. All the abuse simply because he wanted to protect his siblings. Well that and because his uncle was a freaking psychopath. Learning why he did a lot of the things that came off as cold in the Chicago War series made me see him in a whole new light.
Speaking of light, I loved Karen. She was the single ray of sunshine in Dino's dangerous and dark world. She was exactly what he needed to get out of his head and realize he ha
☾☆ Nikki. ✿
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm a big fan of mafia style books. I enjoyed this book. I wouldn't say this is my favorite mafia/mob romance book that I've read but I did enjoy this alot and I couldn't wait to dive into book two!! ~5 stars~
Patty
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, kindle
** 4.5 stars **

LOVED IT!!!!

Memories could make a monster out of a man.

I think I have a new favourite author...and her name is Bethany-Kris. Added bonus for being Canadian (which I didn't know until I started putting my review together).

Right off the bat I was hooked. Did you read that opening line?! Bethany-Kris is a crafty individual  who knows how to write characters with depth, not to mention making you fall in love with them and breaking your heart all at once.

Dino comes off as a cold hea
Elizarey
Dec 20, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 stars!!

Dino is a closed off quiet character with a boat load of issues! He doesn't trust easily and he never smiles.

Karen is a bubbly photographer who moved to New York to pursue her passion. They meet one morning after church in the cemetery near by.

Karen feels something for Dino but her feelings aren't reciprocated in the same way... That's what she thinks!

Dino tries to stay away from Karen because she's a distraction. A distraction he doesn't need.

Will Dino be able to fight his attracti
Julia
I'm speechless! Bethany made it again! Created a masterpiece that you never want to end.

5 - You are my light -s tars

You are raised the way it seems worth.
You are valued and you are considered to be a waste.
But one day you had enough.
And you prove how much of a waste you really are.

"The Outfit was not about honor and family. It was death, blood, and power. That's all it ever was."

Waste of worth by Bethany-Kris is part one of DeLuca Duet . The books should be read in the following ord
Paganalexandria
I read this as part of a buddy read in the Mafia Connections group. Dino DeLuca is a Capo in the Chicago branch of the mob. Karen is the outsider fate keeps throwing in his path, and he's helpless to resist.

The Good:
1. The writing itself is solid.

2. A beta hero in an mafia romance is different.

3. Ben DeLuca, the hero's uncle makes for an interesting villain.

The Bad:
1. Dino is so in his head, it bubblewraps the romantic elements of the story away from the reader at times.

2. I'm alpha addicted, so
Shazy
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 DINO STARS!

I don't know how to express my love for Bethany-kris and her words. She uses words in a way that it sweeps you into it and dives you into that universe. When this happens, if the main characters cry, I cry. When they hurt, I hurt. Waste of worth takes you into a rollercoaster ride. It was filled with action, emotion, fairytales, love and I have so much love for this mafia universe it's not even funny. I went in with high expectations and I'm happy to say that I was definitely enchan
Elle the ClosetRomanceReader aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
*ARC received from author via IndieSage PR as part of blog tour*

Bethany-Kris, shoulda’ known that this is how you want to roll, eh? LOL

If you’re not familiar with Bethany-Kris’ work, I’ll tell you now that she doesn’t like easy. She likes to put her MCs thru as much as wringer as she can and I loved her for that. So be warned, that you need to be in the right mood to read her. Probably the only reason why this didn't get the max ratings for me. Not that there was anything wrong with it. It just
MelaDWolf
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing work. No suprise there, it is Bethany-Kris , after all.
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-2017
Waste of Worth (DeLuca Duet #1) by Bethany-Kris
4 stars!!!

“Anything that was not given to him was always taken away.”

Bethany-Kris is fast becoming one of my go to Mafia authors, after the Seasons of Betrayal series that was co-written with London Miller, this author has been firmly on my radar. That series sucked me in hook, line and sinker and Waste of Worth is no different. It seems I have a huge back catalogue to catch up with.

Dino DeLuca was one of the periphery characters in the Chicago
Becca - Wicked Quests of a BookNinja
description

5 ’You Are My Light’ Stars!

Huh. Where should I start? Maybe, I could tell you the name of my biggest love – of the book world, of course: well, he really has a name, and it’s Dino DeLuca. When I heard this amazing lady will write down his story, I was…I was like the happiest person on the planet. Well, shit, in the whole universe. There isn’t a bigger present an author could give to her reader than writting about her dream. Yes, I got Dino’s story. Yes, I can’t get over it. It’s here with me, in
Expresso-Girls Just Wanna Have Books  ; A Mafia Romance

Although written as a standalone, I'm excited to understand Dino's attitude and his actions in the War series. As the legal guardian of the DeLuca kids, Ben abused Dino and Theo in ways very few could survive. I am appalled I felt sorry for Ben the asshole while reading the War series! Ben is a complete bastard!

Dino lived a life of abuse and darkness. He appears standoffish, constantly living in his head, and untouchable. However his light, Karen, expose the beauty in Dino. She's everything he c
Vanessa Serrano
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
She's an outsider
He's a capo for the Chicago outfit
Karen and Dino against the complicated web of lies, pain and secrets that mob life is.

As always, if someone know about mafia is Bethany Kris, freaking Genius you all!
Katie
Dec 09, 2016 marked it as to-read

Waste of Worth: The Deluca Duet, Part One

by Bethany-Kris
DeLuca Duet #1
Publication Date: January 9, 2017
Genres: Adult, Mafia, Romance, Organized Crime

Synopsis: DeLuca Duet, Part One

He is all too aware of just how people see him.

Cl
Keya
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WASTE OF WORTH IS NOW LIVE

I didn't realise how much I needed Dino's book until I started reading it. When it was announced that Dino was getting a book all I could think about was how it was going to end and I wasn't prepared to relive that through his words. But Bethany-Kris promised a great story with a HEA and I couldn't NOT be excited for it. And also... I was and still am very curious to know how it's going all play out.

So I went in having a vague idea what to expect but at the same time
Marcella
*ARC provided by author*
4 I'm here stars!!

"Memories can make a monster out of a man."

Dino DeLuca has been told his whole life to trust the family. Family comes first. Don't turn your back on family. But when it came down to it, it was his family that turned their backs on him. On his little brother and sister. On their parents being murdered. On what happened behind closed doors with their Uncle. He learned well and fast that the only one he could trust... was himself.

Karen moved to Chicago fo
Ann
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Worth It Stars

We meet Dino DeLuca while visiting his parents at the cemetery. That's where he also crosses paths with Karen Martin. A sweet and giving women, with a passion for photography. Dino and Karen cross paths a couple of times but it's when she is looking for a job, at one of his clubs, that their relationship begins.
Dino has lead a hard and tortured life. He is fiercely protective of his younger brother and sister, Theo and Lily. He has been protecting them since the death of his pare
Khanique McDaniel
Dec 23, 2016 rated it liked it
*** ARC provided for review***

I have been reading this series for the month of December. Hell, I've been reading Bethany-Kris for the month of December. It so happens that my favourite character is Dino DeLuca, so imagine my surprise and excitement on the heels of 'Breathless & Bloodstained', to receive an email offering me a look into not only the next novel in the series but one focused solely on my fave!

It's a whole different experience when you have to live the last choices & days of
  • Where the Snow Falls (Seasons of Betrayal, #2)
  • Sweetest Sorrow (Forbidden, #2)
  • God's Eye (Northwomen Sagas, #1)
  • Sex, Lies & Nikolai
  • I Love You, Salvatore (The Five Families, #1)
  • The Highlander​ (The Order #2)
  • Becoming Carter (The Carter Trilogy, #2)
  • Promise
  • Beast: The Beginning (Hate Story, #1)
  • The Devastation (Unexpected Circumstances, #7)
  • Things Remembered (Accidentally on Purpose, #5)
  • The New Devil in Charge  (The Devil's Eyes, #6)
  • Blame It on the Shame (Blame It on the Shame, #1)
  • Keep You (Walker Family, #1)
  • Forget Me Not (The Unforgettable Duet #1)
  • Venom & Ecstasy (Venom, #2)
  • La Cosa Nostra, This Thing of Ours
Bethany-Kris is a Canadian author, lover of much, and mother to four young sons, one cat, and three dogs. A small town in Eastern Canada where she was born and raised is where she has always called home. With her boys under her feet, snuggling cat, barking dogs, and a hubby calling over his shoulder, she is nearly always writing something ... when she can find the time.

To keep up-to-date with new

DeLuca Duet (2 books)
  • Worth of Waste (DeLuca Duet, #2)