Start by marking “Waste of Worth (DeLuca Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
Waste of Worth (DeLuca Duet, #1)

Waste of Worth

(DeLuca Duet #1)

DeLuca Duet, Part One

Ask anyone and they will all say the same thing about just who Dino DeLuca is. A criminal, the son of a traitor, and a mafia Capo who can’t be trusted. His past has shaped his life, creating demons he can’t escape from that live in his mind day and night.

He is all too aware of just how people see him.

Closed off.
Cold.
Different.

He doesn’t care—
Published January 9th 2017 by Bethany-Kris

To ask other readers questions about Waste of Worth, please sign up.
Vishakha Not necessarily, however if you do it just adds on to the book.

Start your review of Waste of Worth (DeLuca Duet, #1)
A.
3.75 Stars

Really enjoyed this. Off to book 2.

Spoiler-free review of the duet: Review
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Ever since meeting Dino in Deathless & Divided, I wanted to know his story and I was excited to hear that Bethany-Kris had created a duet for him.

Dino DeLuca came across as cold, detached, and unapproachable. But it was evident from the beginning of this book that Dino was a broken man. He had a huge heart filled with compassion and understanding, however, due to his past (and present), he believed himself unworthy of any good or happiness. That all started to change when Karen Martin got him to
Snow

4 "take the fall..." stars

This is a story of Dino DeLuca. The oldest brother of the DeLuca mafia family we've met in the shadows of the Chicago Wars series and even though he played a somewhat secondary role in there, he was actually an essential link, a presence that brought up the curiousity in finding out his background, his thoughts before the final actions, that made him the way he was, or was he a pawn in a much bigger devious game? or maybe a mere shadow to the more important ordeal, a ma
Selene
She's a photographer. He's a made man. Sparks fly and strong feelings erupt between the two until circumstances forcibly claw them apart. This is Dino's story.

Readers of Bethany-Kris's Chicago War series are well acquainted with Dino DeLuca. This book was narrated entirely from his perspective and provided a more thorough and insightful look into the mind of the man who was mysterious, complex, and of very few words.

This story was raw, gripping, and engaging! There were some side characters tha
Bev
**Re-read August 2019**

And it was even better this time around. I think Dino and Kare are one of the best coupled BK has written, and given that she hadn't actually planned on giving him his story ... yeah, blew my mind!

**Original review**

Just when I think Bethany Kris has given her best she ups the ante and goes the extra mile. Every. Single. Time!! I was so desperate to read Dino's story but, given this was a cliffy and I don't do cliffhangers at all, I held back till Worth of Waste was releas
S.M. West
5 DINO STARS

Gah!! Bethany slayed me with this one. I knew Dino's story would be sad and tortured, but man, my heart broke for him.

I love the Chicago War series and from meeting Dino in the first book, I was so intrigued by this character and wanted more. When I heard Bethany was giving us his book and a duet, no less, I was one happy girl!

While this can be read as a standalone from the Chicago War series, I'd definitely recommend you read it, either before or after. I don't think it really
Bethany-Kris
Dec 20, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Now on Kindle Unlimited!

Waste of Worth, Part One in the DeLuca Duet
Released January 9th, 2017

description

"Memories can make a monster out of a man."

The DeLuca Duet is now in Kindle Unlimited! <3

UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MSYT78K

Part Two, Worth of Waste, releasing Febru
Lorraine Lesar
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Yes, maybe Ben thought he was born a loser, but Dino was going to show everyone how to be a fucking legend!...

OMG Dino. I love you. You hearing that?
When Bev told me that this was Dino’s book, it was a case of WTF? Seriously? because Dino featured heavily in Damian/Lily’s book and something happened (as it always does in Bethany Kris’s books) and though shocked, I realised that we are talking The Family here, The Outfit from Chicago, so I accepted this harsh and unyielding world they lived in an
Deborah
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75*

I don’t even know where to start with this one.

Now it’s a good well written book. I’ll put that out there before I start.

That said I didn’t enjoy it that much.

Dino’s had a terrible time at the hands of his uncle Ben. Ben is a true monster and I hated that Dino had suffered like this. Is still suffering. And that Ben played him and his brother Theo off against each other. Ruining any chance of a real relationship between them.

I felt so sorry for Dino throughout the whole book. He doesn’t
Douilleny
Re-read 2020, I love this duet . Dino de Luca hold a special place in my heart. He is one of my favorite character ever.
Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan!
* 4 Eyes On Me Nutella jars*

Blood
blʌd/Submit
noun
noun: blood
the red liquid that circulates in the arteries and veins of humans and other vertebrate animals .

Blood
blʌd/Submit
noun
noun: blood
4.family background; descent or lineage.

Oh and what a family it is. From fake respect to vile intentions the Chicago outfit was poison to its own blood but when is it ever enough , when does the final straw ever get pulled, maybe rage never truly brings continuous chaos maybe it's slowly simmers behind the
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 4 Stars *****

This duet can be read as a standalone

After reading The Chicago War series, I couldn't wait to read about Dino's history. I loved diving into his mind and following his thought process.

As a made man, he knows his life is dangerous. His innocent mother was murdered, and the last thing he wants to do is getting involved with an angel. She'll get hurt or end up dead too.

When Karen auditions as a stripper at Dino's club for some extra cash, Dino steps in to give her a differen
Ezinwanyi Chinyere
This was an emotional read and somewhat cathartic for me. Dino DeLuca was the older brother from the Chicago War series and this new series is his story. I recommend that readers start with the Chicago War series to truly understand and appreciate the sacrifices that Dino made for his brother Theo and his sister Lily. I think that knowing his past is essential to truly feeling Dino's pain and it added so much depth and complexity for the character. Lots of feels in this book.

Dino’s family histor
Amanda
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I knew reading Dino's story is going to break my heart and it does, but I'm still glad Bethany decided to write a story for him and he is going to get his own HEA in the end. So I'm just gonna sucked it up and endure the painful journey because I'm not gonna sugar coat it, Dino's life is horrible.

Having read the Chicago War series, I knew some of the event that took place in this book, although getting it from Dino's perspective is refreshing with some extra information. Dino dedicated his whol
Ari Reavis
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ohhhhhh my baby Dino. My heart broke for all the things he's been through. All the abuse simply because he wanted to protect his siblings. Well that and because his uncle was a freaking psychopath. Learning why he did a lot of the things that came off as cold in the Chicago War series made me see him in a whole new light.
Speaking of light, I loved Karen. She was the single ray of sunshine in Dino's dangerous and dark world. She was exactly what he needed to get out of his head and realize he ha
Patty
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, kindle
** 4.5 stars **

LOVED IT!!!!

Memories could make a monster out of a man.

I think I have a new favourite author...and her name is Bethany-Kris. Added bonus for being Canadian (which I didn't know until I started putting my review together).

Right off the bat I was hooked. Did you read that opening line?! Bethany-Kris is a crafty individual  who knows how to write characters with depth, not to mention making you fall in love with them and breaking your heart all at once.

Dino comes off as a
☾☆ Nikki. ✿
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm a big fan of mafia style books. I enjoyed this book. I wouldn't say this is my favorite mafia/mob romance book that I've read but I did enjoy this alot and I couldn't wait to dive into book two!! ~5 stars~
Julia
I'm speechless! Bethany made it again! Created a masterpiece that you never want to end.

5 - You are my light -s tars

You are raised the way it seems worth.
You are valued and you are considered to be a waste.
But one day you had enough.
And you prove how much of a waste you really are.

"The Outfit was not about honor and family. It was death, blood, and power. That's all it ever was."

Waste of worth by Bethany-Kris is part one of DeLuca Duet . The books should be read in the following ord
Elizarey
Dec 20, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 stars!!

Dino is a closed off quiet character with a boat load of issues! He doesn't trust easily and he never smiles.

Karen is a bubbly photographer who moved to New York to pursue her passion. They meet one morning after church in the cemetery near by.

Karen feels something for Dino but her feelings aren't reciprocated in the same way... That's what she thinks!

Dino tries to stay away from Karen because she's a distraction. A distraction he doesn't need.

Will Dino be able to fight his attracti
Paganalexandria
I read this as part of a buddy read in the Mafia Connections group. Dino DeLuca is a Capo in the Chicago branch of the mob. Karen is the outsider fate keeps throwing in his path, and he's helpless to resist.

The Good:
1. The writing itself is solid.

2. A beta hero in an mafia romance is different.

3. Ben DeLuca, the hero's uncle makes for an interesting villain.

The Bad:
1. Dino is so in his head, it bubblewraps the romantic elements of the story away from the reader at times.

2. I'm alpha addicted, so
Shazy
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 DINO STARS!

I don't know how to express my love for Bethany-kris and her words. She uses words in a way that it sweeps you into it and dives you into that universe. When this happens, if the main characters cry, I cry. When they hurt, I hurt. Waste of worth takes you into a rollercoaster ride. It was filled with action, emotion, fairytales, love and I have so much love for this mafia universe it's not even funny. I went in with high expectations and I'm happy to say that I was definitely enchan
Elle aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
*ARC received from author via IndieSage PR as part of blog tour*

Bethany-Kris, shoulda’ known that this is how you want to roll, eh? LOL

If you’re not familiar with Bethany-Kris’ work, I’ll tell you now that she doesn’t like easy. She likes to put her MCs thru as much as wringer as she can and I loved her for that. So be warned, that you need to be in the right mood to read her. Probably the only reason why this didn't get the max ratings for me. Not that there was anything wrong with it. It just
Katie

Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-2017
Waste of Worth (DeLuca Duet #1) by Bethany-Kris
4 stars!!!

“Anything that was not given to him was always taken away.”

Bethany-Kris is fast becoming one of my go to Mafia authors, after the Seasons of Betrayal series that was co-written with London Miller, this author has been firmly on my radar. That series sucked me in hook, line and sinker and Waste of Worth is no different. It seems I have a huge back catalogue to catch up with.

Dino DeLuca was one of the periphery characters in the
MelaDWolf
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing work. No suprise there, it is Bethany-Kris , after all.
Izzie d
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mafia
Wow....

We first met Dino in 'The Chicago Wars' series. He is the older brother in the family and that story was not really about him. He had led a protective role to his siblings, his brother and sister, when his father had betrayed 'the family' and the children where farmed out to be cared for.
To be honest i always had a bit of a fascination with him, i felt there was a lot more to him than we were told. He displayed fantastic loyalty to his siblings, even if it was unrecognised, as they were
Expresso
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Although written as a standalone, I'm excited to understand Dino's attitude and his actions in the War series. As the legal guardian of the DeLuca kids, Ben abused Dino and Theo in ways very few could survive. I am appalled I felt sorry for Ben the asshole while reading the War series! Ben is a complete bastard!

Dino lived a life of abuse and darkness. He appears standoffish, constantly living in his head, and untouchable. However his light, Karen, expose the beauty in Dino. She's everything he c
Vanessa Serrano
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
She's an outsider
He's a capo for the Chicago outfit
Karen and Dino against the complicated web of lies, pain and secrets that mob life is.

As always, if someone know about mafia is Bethany Kris, freaking Genius you all!
Keya
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WASTE OF WORTH IS NOW LIVE

I didn't realise how much I needed Dino's book until I started reading it. When it was announced that Dino was getting a book all I could think about was how it was going to end and I wasn't prepared to relive that through his words. But Bethany-Kris promised a great story with a HEA and I couldn't NOT be excited for it. And also... I was and still am very curious to know how it's going all play out.

So I went in having a vague idea what to expect but at the same time
Marcella
*ARC provided by author*
4 I'm here stars!!

"Memories can make a monster out of a man."

Dino DeLuca has been told his whole life to trust the family. Family comes first. Don't turn your back on family. But when it came down to it, it was his family that turned their backs on him. On his little brother and sister. On their parents being murdered. On what happened behind closed doors with their Uncle. He learned well and fast that the only one he could trust... was himself.

Karen moved to Chicago
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Where the Snow Falls (Seasons of Betrayal, #2)
  • White Rabbit: The Rise (The Kingmaker Saga, #1)
  • White Rabbit: The Fall (The Kingmaker Saga, #2)
  • In the Beginning (Volkov Bratva, #1)
  • Black Swan (The Kingmaker Saga, #3)
  • Red. (Den of Mercenaries, #1)
  • Twisted Hearts (The Camorra Chronicles, #5)
  • Dark Horse (The Kingmaker Saga #5)
  • Red Herring (The Kingmaker Saga #4)
  • Ruthless Bishop (Sinners and Saints, #3)
  • The Bloody Bride (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #1)
  • Principessa of Chicago (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #2)
  • Kiss Me (Kiss of Death #2)
  • Forever (Betrothed #7)
  • Committed (Betrothed #4)
  • Sweet Temptation
  • The Empire (Filthy Trilogy #3)
Bethany-Kris is a Canadian author, lover of much, and mother to four young sons, one cat, and three dogs. A small town in Eastern Canada where she was born and raised is where she has always called home. With her boys under her feet, snuggling cat, barking dogs, and a hubby calling over his shoulder, she is nearly always writing something ... when she can find the time.

To keep up-to-date with new

DeLuca Duet (2 books)
  • Worth of Waste (DeLuca Duet, #2)

News & Interviews