Start by marking “Pettikin” as Want to Read:
Pettikin

Pettikin

Aunt May’s funeral was strange, but things get stranger when fourteen-year-old Allie Thomas encounters Pettikin Periwinkle, a gnome with a love of sweets and a penchant for screaming, who is stranded on Earth after the death of its only Gatekeeper.

To get Pettikin home, Allie must enlist the help of a powerful, yet unconventional, Guardian and prove to him that she has wha
Published December 13th 2016 by Softlight Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Pettikin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pettikin

Alex
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pettikin
Finally a well-written fantasy without all the heavy, violent darkness that is flooding the minds of young (and old) adults these days! Pettikin offers wholesome, pure and timeless tales of courage, true love and personal evolution in a fresh and engaging way. Intriguing for adults, inspiring and empowering for teens. It’s a great book that makes me laugh or cry and this book did both. I couldn’t put it down and really hope there is at least a sequel, and better yet a series!
Dorothy
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Y.A. is not my favorite genre, that said, I really enjoyed this book. I want to encourage the author to continue writing.
Jessica Zultanky
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Disclaimer: I received this book free from the author as part of Goodreads Giveaways. This is my honest opinion.

Pettikin is such a magically unique book. The characters like Mrs. Widget, Bob, and Professor Theopolus, are colorfully painted. Especially Pettikin the gnome. I came to love his quirky behaviors and compassionate heart. The worlds are crafted so beautifully that they felt real even though they were fantastical. I loved this book so much. The only reason I docked a star is because the
hajer ☽
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
4 stars.

A very enjoyable read. The beginning was a bit slow (and info-dumping), but the book picks up by chapter 13 and I wasn't able to put it down. The writing was fantastic and the characters had distinct personalities and were very likable (my favorites were Andie, Mrs. Widgit, and Bob). The setting descriptions were so vivid and well written.However, I found that the romance (though it wasn't too much) wasn't really necessary and didn't add much to the plot line. But I can tell that the aut
Julia
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

FABULOUS!!!! Even if you don't read YA books you want to read this story. It is as fun as reading the first Harry Potter books. The world created is enticing, drawing you in, keeping you engaged until the story is done. The potential for more stories are there -- can't wait to see what this author does next!!!
Emmeline Joy
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun read. It's like Stargate meets gnomes. It's well written, I could tell the author made a huge effort to edit content to make it easy to read for her audiences - something you don't always see in small- and self-published reads. Good clean fun.
Pam
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book - great fantasy!
Michel Gallegos
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an adorable book. I loved Pettikin and the two girls. The llamas are llamas but they are a big part of the book. Well written and enjoyable. Now time to buy the next book.
John
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Abby Smith spins a wonderful story full of adventure. It includes gateways, guardians and an adorable little gnome. It took me longer to read than expected because of the small type.
Karen
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
This was a thoroughly enjoyable book, suitable for adults and children alike. A well put together fantasy.
Rebecca Anderson
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Delightful

Enjoyed storytelling skills. Charming characters I would like to read more about them. Scary parts just right . Keep writing Abby Smith.
Troy Martin
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
Absolutely loved this book. I'm so happy that I won it!! Pettikin is so adorable! I really hope there will be a sequel with him someday!
Elizabeth
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this book free for a honest review. I usually like adult books, still this is a very enjoyable read.
Joy
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaway-wins
I loved this book it was so funny. Pettikin is such a cute gnome you love him right when they meet him. So get a box of cookies and get ready for a fun story.
aaliyah Rafeeq
Great book for kids!! Great plot!!
Cindi
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the creativity of this book! I feel like I really got to know Pettikin! This was a delightful, light-hearted, post Christmas read!
Lily Holliday
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is a charming mix of fantasy and reality. Abby Smith captures the voice of an American 14 year old girl beautifully while telling a story involving a captivating gnome, other worlds, and the bravery of a girl willing to explore them. Even if Abby were not a friend, I would still recommend it highly!
Karin
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. I read it to my 2 kids, girl aged 11 and boy aged 8. I'm not sure who loved it the most. It's a fantasy book geared toward middle grade readers, but with universal themes that make it appealing to all ages. It's a hilarious book with tons of heart that manages to be instructive without ever being didactic. I highly recommend it.
Tania
  • Creature Keepers and the Hijacked Hydro-Hide
  • Alternative Facts: 200 Incredible, Absolutely True(-Ish) Stories
  • Colter's West Wind
  • Jack Pine
  • Tommy Gun Winter: Jewish Gangsters, a Preacher's Daughter, and the Trial That Shocked 1930s Boston
  • The Golden Vial (Legends of the Realm, #3)
  • War Animals: The Unsung Heroes of World War II
  • Unringing the Bell (Bucks County Mysteries, #1)
  • Ethen Coal and the Legend of the Blood Horn
  • Spear Song (The Isle of Destiny Series: Book 3)
  • Coming Of Age (Z9 City #1)
  • Dark Visions