Start by marking “Redemption” as Want to Read:
Redemption

Redemption

(The Curburide Chronicles #3)

The final chapter of the story of Joe Kieran and Alex and Ariana.

Alex hadn’t really considered what would happen after she dragged Ariana through the portal in a desperate bid to close the gate between worlds. She hadn't given sacrificing herself a thought; she'd just wanted to end the demonic summoning before it was too late.

But when Alex wakes up
Published February 2017 by Dark Arts

To ask other readers questions about Redemption, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Redemption

Start your review of Redemption
Shawn Deal
Mar 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
Here is a great conclusion to the series of the Covenant and Sacrifice. This novel takes place right after Sacrifice and is a two pronged story. We continue to follow Joe Kiernan whose guilt at losing Alex in the Sacrifice has put him on a hunt to try and reach her if not save her. And then we follow Alex and Ariana down the darkest rabbit hole ever. As they go over to the world of the Curburide and try to survive in a nightmare world filled with sex and violence, often mixed together. I am not ...more
Stephen Glover
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Firstly, I need to say a huge thank you to John Everson for having the tenacity and desire to get this third book in the Covenant series published. It makes me sad that a writer with so much talent has to resort to self publishing especially as the book was so good. I supported John during his Kickstarter campaign to get this published and it is worth every penny.

The third book in the Covenant series picks up where the second ended in very unfamiliar territory as we explore the world
Albert
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror, favorites
Great ending to the trilogy. The world is saved and our hapless hero finally picks a woman, although after everything they've endured not sure if a normal sex life is in the cards.
Everything about the demons was extremely disturbing but fun to read. Couldn't help but cringe and go turtle with some of the sick scenes that Everson came up with in this one.
For me, this book was right up there with Nightwhere and The Family Tree.
Overall, very nice trilogy, with each book better than the last. Fun an
Scott
Aug 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I usually don't give books three stars if I like them, but I didn't feel that the first two were exactly "5 stars," especially by Goodreads definitions. Maybe I'm being too hard on all of the books in this series, because I did like the story, start to finish. Read the whole review to see if you agree or disagree with my assessment. (Convince me in comments that I'm on track with this rating...) This is better than a "C" (average) book but not as good as the first two, in my opinion. It is again ...more
A.R.
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As usual, John mixes horror and perversion in the third book of The Curburide Trilogy, and it works triumphantly. His description and invention of uber-violent and sexually-twisted demons is uncanny. He really captures how violating and insidious demons would be. Everything's here: great story, stellar description, excellent dialogue, sex and murder. Don't let the name fool you--it's a different kind of Redemption than the usual, believe me.
Fonda G. Thomas
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely LOVED this book and was so glad to get an ending to the story!!! John Everson has a way of writing that let's me sink into his books and I tend to forget what is happening around me! If haven't read the first two books in this series...do yourself a favor and read them. This, the third and last book of the series, will not disappoint!!
Gen
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yikes

John Everson really outdid himself with this one! This book is seriously twisted and definitely not for the faint of heart. If you're already a fan of Everson, you'll love this. If you're just finding him and are at all squeamish, prudish, have ANY rape triggers.... well you've been warned.
Maria Rose
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the third and final part of the trilogy (Covenant and Sacrifice are the other two). With this author don't let the title fool you into feeling there's a good ending. Great read.
J.M. Guillemette
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It all started with a Covenant. It continued with a Sacrifice. Now it will all end with a Redemption. John Everson returns with an action packed horror finally. Did you ever wonder what happened to Joe Kieran at the end of Sacrifice? What about poor Alex and the demon worshiper Ariana after they were sucked into the void? Did they survive? Find out what happens to everyone in this high paced final act.

Everson has really brought the horror to this book. Covenant reminds me of a good old fashion
Steve Isaak
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Redemption is an excellent, fun, b-movie of a horror novel, with well-written characters, explicit and hellacious sex, gore and reader-hooking (and fast-moving) storytelling. Like its prequels, Covenant and Sacrifice, it is worth owning, with a finish that leaves this not-for-the-squeamish series open to continuation while successfully closing its immediate tale.
Jimmy

• Kill Someone
  • Girl In A Band
  • Wailing and Gnashing of Teeth
  • Michigan Murders
  • The Legion of Regrettable Supervillains: Oddball Criminals from Comic Book History
  • The Wilderness of Ruin: A Tale of Madness, Fire, and the Hunt for America's Youngest Serial Killer
  • Sandman Slim (Sandman Slim, #1)
  • Samhane
  • Anne Perry and the Murder of the Century
  • The Secret Life of Souls
  • The Guardian
  • The Hunter's Game (Blood for Blood #1)
  • The Binding Ties (Blood for Blood #2)
  • The Whipping Girls (Blood for Blood #3)
John Everson is the Bram Stoker Award-winning author of the novels Covenant, Sacrifice, The 13th, Siren and The Pumpkin Man, all released by Dorchester/Leisure Books in paperback and by Delirium, Necro and Bad Moon Books in limited hardcover. His sixth novel, NightWhere, was a 2012 Bram Stoker Award Finalist. The Family Tree, NightWhere and Violet Eyes, his "creepy spider novel" were released from Samhain Publishing. In January 2017, Redemption, t ...more

The Curburide Chronicles (3 books)
  • Covenant