Start by marking “The Richest Man in Babylon: With Study Guide” as Want to Read:
The Richest Man in Babylon: With Study Guide

The Richest Man in Babylon: With Study Guide

The Richest Man in Babylon, is a classic, insightful, financial, motivational guide that has lead many generations to monetary and personal success.

This deluxe edition of this classic work, includes a 21st century study guide filled with practices and exercises that will help you be all that you are capable of, as you fill your conscious and subconscious mind, heart, and s
Published September 9th 2014 by Gildan Digital

To ask other readers questions about The Richest Man in Babylon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Richest Man in Babylon

Start your review of The Richest Man in Babylon: With Study Guide
Ardyth
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned
A bit too contrived for me, but if the usual jargon-filled financial independence advice leaves your head spinning or eyes wiggling, give this a shot. It covers all the key points in a series of stories. Very easy to read, very good advice... just a bit heavy handed is all.
Eugene
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
nice tale based guide for getting out of debt and building profits. and a great reminder what was life like in ancient times when a creditor was able to sell you into slavery.
Maya
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

5000 years of greatness !!love this book ,from start to finish all the stories are so eye opener for us today
Kahlil Anthony
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Highly recommended. I borrowed an audiobook from my city library via OverDrive and it was great. The parables are very easy to understand and the voice of the Narrator is amazing. I let it played overnight when the audiobook was still on loan because the soothing voice of the narrator over a historical timeline would make me fall asleep faster if I wanted to. Even my friend experienced and said the same.

Anyway, I just ordered a book in Amazon for my family to read and to build up my home library
Alex Pal.
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
A classic book for personal finance. If you haven't read another book about personal finance, I would definitely recommend it. However, the ideas of this book have been explained to so many other books so it wouldn't worth your time/effort if you have read other personal finance books. However, it is a classic.
Bryant Troupe
Dec 22, 2018 rated it liked it
A thought provoking book. It proves some of the most basic principles of money are timeless.

The study guide is a great tool to begin thinking about and applying the principles as well as provide how the principles apply to today's world.
Hmaile
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love the old school stories and the lessons they teach.
Nana Pepra
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Should have read this sooner
James Hart
Apr 22, 2019 rated it liked it
The principles laid out are 5 stars. The issue is the version narrated in audible is in Victorian English. Because of that the reading was 2 stars.
ARIEL BLONDET JR
What a great book!!!

Should have read this book years ago. I recommended The Richest Man In Babylon with everyone I know. This should be a must read for everyone!!!
Shawn Mcdowell
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Richest Man in Babylon

This book should be given to every teenager so they can learn how to develop good financial abilities in life.
Ryan K
Aug 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dear Jim Rohn,
I am officially part of the 10%. I read the book. Moreover, I am happy to report that I am walking, if not slowly, the path. I am saving 10%. I am thinking more treasure and less about trinkets. For anyone considering the book, I would relay that reading it as an adult is like reading "The Little Engine that Could" for self-motivation. Veiled in allegory with noticeable moth-holes, there are certain undeniable truths woven into this narrative. While I wish this had been read to me
benny
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars, non-fiction
a quick read that's worth it's weight in gold

Having just read this book in record time, I can tell you that its lessons, while not unknown to the common man, are presented in such a way as to drive home their point, while keeping you engaged in the narrative.

The study guide included in this edition serves as a nice little summation of the main points at the end of each chapter. I found it helpful as a quick review to further strengthen the lessons of the story.

I am beyond thrilled to have dis
Kurt Heater
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Third reading

The fundamentals don't change. Good to reintroduce myself to the time tested truths about managing money and embracing opportunity. No matter where you are on the path, this is a good read.
Shanna
Sep 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like that this book is short but still gives examples to set the lesson down solidly.
Bill Mandeville
Was an inspirational book when I was in my late teens. Now some 50 years later it seems so sophomoric. Guess I learned something from it enough to move past it
Dave
Aug 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read the real book. This version takes tiny blurbs of the real thing and overlays common business book jargon. The full stories are much more powerful.
Nancy Strong
Mar 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Everyone should have to read this book. Quick and to the point. All kids graduating from high school, anyone who has to earn a living, should all read it.
Thomas
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Worth its weight in gold and then some, really enjoyed this book!
Barry
Aug 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good advice. Should be read when starting your first job to take advantage of the time value of money!
Maysara Hammouda
Jan 28, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: I would not recommend it
Did not like the book at all. The book is trying to give business advices by telling stories. It is much of a novel than a business book.
Bence

• The Millionaire Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of America's Wealthy
  • The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists
  • The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness
  • What Every Body is Saying: An Ex-FBI Agent's Guide to Speed-Reading People
  • Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time
  • 7 Strategies for Wealth & Happiness: Power Ideas from America's Foremost Business Philosopher
  • My Philosophy for Successful Living
  • The 10x Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure
  • The Definitive Book of Body Language
  • You Can Win: A Step by Step Tool for Top Achievers
  • The 80/20 Principle: The Secret to Achieving More with Less
George Samuel Clason, also known as George S. Clason. George Samuel Clason was born in Louisiana, Missouri, and died in Napa, California.

During his eighty two years he was a soldier, businessman and writer. He served in the United States Army during the Spanish-American War.

Clason started two companies, the Clason Map Company of Denver Colorado and the Clason Publishing Company. The Clason Map Com

News & Interviews

“But too often does youth think that age knows only the wisdom of days that are gone, and therefore profits not. But remember this; the sun that shines today is the sun that shone when thy father was born, and will still be shining when thy last grandchild shall pass into the darkness.” 3 likes
“Our acts can be no wiser than our thoughts. Our thinking can be no wiser than our understanding. This” 1 likes