Start by marking “The Shadow King” as Want to Read:
The Shadow King

The Shadow King

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  4 ratings  ·  2 reviews
In a cyberpunk future where all of the adults have mysteriously disappeared, gangs of children scavenge a high-tech ghost town to survive. Flip and his makeshift family explore the swamps that surround their city, find treasures, and fall prey to a predator who tests their friendships. Ultramodern weapons that paralyze, underground-parking garages run by A.I.s, and ...more
Paperback, 1, 43 pages
Published December 15th 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Shadow King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Shadow King

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of The Shadow King
Christian
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
[My review is for the audiobook format.]

Something happened to all the adults in Flip's world: they've all disappeared. Now Flip and his friends run amok in an abandoned city, living in an underground garage that's still under the control of an AI system. The kids scavenge for their survival, and try to eke out an existence by following their own set of rules. A malevolent force is lurking in the swamps surrounding Flip's city, and it's anyone's guess when (and who) it might strike next.

The
Brian's Book Blog
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-audiobooks
Lord of the Flies meets I Am Legend

3.5 out of 5 stars

The Shadow King is a story about a group of young kids who are trying to survive in a world that has been taken over by "shadows". They must do whatever it takes to survive in the wasteland of a world.

A book that's over before it even begins. I think this would be a good "episode 1" or "book 0.5" in a full series. Granted there are some things that you wouldn't want to come out in the first book that came out in this book.

I do enjoy short
ryan kilgore
May 01, 2017
D.C. Lozar
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Christian

Shawn Pleil
marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2017
D.C. Lozar
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
ryan kilgore
May 01, 2017
Jammin Jenny
marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2017
D.C. Lozar, M.D. worked for the National Institute for Health (N.I.H.), at Cook County in trauma surgery, and has practiced family medicine in Southern California for over two decades. He writes non-fiction and fiction that explores why our species is so determined to create something artificial that behaves as if it were human. Whether it is a medical algorithm pretending to be a doctor or a city ...more