Start by marking “Arrows Through Archer” as Want to Read:
Arrows Through Archer

Arrows Through Archer

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  1,470 Ratings  ·  305 Reviews
After the loss of his parents, Archer Hart is consumed by grief. Each day, he struggles his way through classes, parties, and trying to put on a good front for the sake of his best friend. But at night, he falls asleep to the sound of gunshots ringing in his ears.

Mallory is a man fighting a war of emotions all his own. When his son invites his best friend back home to Banf
Published June 12th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Arrows Through Archer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arrows Through Archer

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*Price drop to $0.99 at Amazon US, 3/13/18*

*4.5 stars*

My first read by Nash Summers, if you can believe it, and I was BLOWN AWAY! This book was basically like a checklist of everything that I love in romance, and I simply couldn't put it down!

What makes this book so special, you ask? Well, it's the FEELS!!!! SO MANY FEELS! Sure, it's pretty F-ing angsty, but you won't be crying or wishing you never started it (like I've felt with some rip-your-heart-out books). It's just deep stuff, people, and
Judith
4.5 Stars.

Loved it.
This book worked in so many ways for me.I loved the Before and After first from Archer's pov and then from Mallory.And a story that spans over years is totally my thing.

It's not an easy read at times,it deals with a lot of emotive subjects and it's definitely not a fluffy MM with an abundance of sex scenes.

I made the mistake of reading some reviews just after I started reading it and a few mentioned something that I would have preferred not to know in advance so I'm going to b
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Maybe if this universe of ours was different. Maybe if everything was different and the sky was the ocean and the clouds were the soil. Maybe if life hadn't engrained me with apprehension or uncertainty or a longing for some things I obviously could not have. Maybe then, we would've had words for each other.

Nash Summers' writing needs no accolades. It stands apart in stark beauty.

Arrows Through Archer is about love and loss, grief and loneliness; it's about being stuck and moving on.

I wasn
Ele
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing

This review will make more sense to you after reading the book. I choose to keep it as spoiler free as possible, because I want everyone to experience it the way I did. But I'm telling you beforehand that this is my favorite Nash Summers to date, and I highly recommend it. But know that here be ghosts.

BEFORE...
"One morning I woke, but the two halves of my heart did not.

This is a story about grief. But it's not just about that. It's about the things that were left unsaid. About not knowing. A
Shile loves books
Warning! This gushing I call review and might contain spoilers! Proceed with caution.
5++++++++++++stars

“Have you ever kissed a man?”
“Yes.” He took my hand, brought it to his mouth, and kissed the palm of my hand. “You.”
“That’s it?”
“That’s it.

description

This book is sooooooo GOOOOOOOD! It goes right up there with Infamous as my second best mm romance.

I read, re-read, re-read the chapters, replayed them in my head over and over.

Why did i wait so long to read this? *Facepalm*

description

I agree with all the great rev
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
4.5 Stars!

So so good. I was immediately invested in the story.

While this one was very hard to read at times and very sad it was impossible not to root for an HEA.

I loved the split POVs, even though the turning point hits you straight in the heart.

In the end it was worth it. I couldn't help but smile.
Vir *Reviews for Books Lovers*
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbt, my-rambles

How beautiful a well written sadness can be.

“I was still living in this deep, dark pit composed of my own hurt” … Oh Archer Hart ....How sad the premise of your book is and how you and Mallory turned it upside down to have that happy ending.

I don’t know why I waited so much to read this beautiful story. A story where the conversations are good, intimate, and constructive but the silences shared between our guys are even better than those great dialogues. Whiskey, a fireplace, a smile
.Lili.

Arrows Through Archer by Nash Summers slayed me. It's a story about death, depression, patience, hope, and love. It's about Archer, a young man who his still grieving for the parents he lost and the brother who disowned him, and Mallory, Archer's best friend Danny's father. Mallory lost his wife years ago but still hasn't completely moved on- he misses her. Neither man was searching for love but found it in each other.

My highlights:

-The tone of the story. Nash Summers' writing here has a quiet,
Nash Summers
Dec 15, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Live now! And free to read on KU!
And a link to my Pinterest inspiration board for this one: https://www.pinterest.com/nashsummers...

Buy Link: http://a.co/3rW5nxG

---

Blurb up, cover up, and here's a sneak peek at the print cover!

(view spoiler)

---

A M/M contemporary romance between a young man and his best friend's father.

This might sting a bit.
Dia
All the stars

I absolutely adored this story!!! It's definitely the best book I've read this year and one of the most beautiful stories I have ever read.
I loved everything about it. Even the painful scenes, the heartbreak, the tears. My heart was shattered into tiny pieces while reading it, but I couldn't put it down. I've read it in one sitting even if I wasn't feeling well and I was extremely tired. This is how much I loved it.

I am not sure I can explain in words my feelings towards this story
Alisa
Gah....I loved every minute of this. I haven't been this wow'd by a book in a long time.

I read a lot of books. Sometimes I can go months before a book really jumps out and catches my attention. This is that book. I was looking forward to this because I’m already a big fan of this author’s other works. I’m excited to say that this was everything I was hoping it would be.

Archer is a college student who is really struggling. He’s had some major losses in his life and has some internal issues that
Simone
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One morning I woke, but the two halves of my heart did not.

Arrows Through Archer grabbed me from this first sentence and I loved it from the first word to the very last.

This was my fourth BR with my my lovely ladies Josy and Christelle, with the help from Karen and Jewel playing the roles of our stalker moral supporters this time, and it was once again another winner. Girls, thank you so much for holding my hand, you were once again the icing on the cake!!! Normally, I don't know if it is
Jewel
4.5 Stars

Arrows Through Archer is a story about loss. And of grief. And finding a reason to live again. There's a lot of angst in these pages -- a metric ton of it. But there is also hope and healing. And I read this novel in a single sitting, unable to put it down. The story is broken into two parts, the first one told from Archer's POV, and the second from Mallory's. And in each part you can feel the narrator's pain and regret, as well as their hope.

Archer Hart grieves alone. But he doesn't th
Ky
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2018, top-shelf
5 thousand stars! I loved, LOVED this book!

I start to develop a fondness for age gap stories, though I like them more if the characters are connected somehow from before. That's what happened here so happy dance.

This story takes us through the years, another favorite of mine in books. There is a pretty big time jump but I think it was necessary for the story to continue. Maybe it could have been slightly shorter but it worked as it was too.

There is no manufactured drama, no unnecessary angst. Do
Jan
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: age-gap, lgbtq, ku

**** 4.5 Stars ****

Available on Kindle Unlimited.

I have to say, after reading a few reviews I was prepared to take a mean punch in terms of angst but I think I need to take into consideration my previous read. After having my feelings and emotions shattered by it, this one tasted like candy.

The MC's had a gap of 17 years which I am a sucker for. It didn't feel that way though, because Archer although young, had an old soul.

Archer and Mallory were very similar in their quietness.

Both of them try
Lyn
I generally steer clear of books that involve grieving and/or depression. I decided to read this one because I wanted to try something different. I'm glad I did. I enjoyed this book a lot more than I thought I would. The tone is pretty serious and the MCs are complex but this book was an emotional and beautiful read.

I look forward to reading more by this author.
Christelle
My status update when I started this book : “please, Dear Book, slay me and make me swooned”. Well, I should have been more careful with what I wished for. I feel like I went through a grinder and my heart was shattered in millions of pieces so many times I feared I would not be able to put it all back.

Archer is grieving the loss of his parents. It’s hard on him, very hard. Not knowing whether his parents would be proud of him is eating him alive.
There was no light at the end of the tunnel beca
Jenni Lea
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I had the privelege to beta and proofread this hauntingly beautiful story.

A bit of advice: have plenty of tissues handy.
Karen
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes things just work...

I have to admit I'm head over heels in love with this book and honestly I'm not totally sure how to explain why, so I'm probably going to just ramble a little here.

Have you ever read a book and loved it just really loved it and had someone ask you why? And then you find that you don't really have a definitive reason. All you can say is 'because I did' that's pretty much what I'm feeling here. I know I've read books that are as good maybe even better but they didn't
Anyta Sunday
One of the best books I've read this year (and I've read a bunch of awesome stories!). Subtle and understated in all the powerful ways. Beautiful writing and masterful sense of place and emotion.

So much love.
Lost in a Book
”One morning I woke, but the two halves of my heart did not.” When those are the opening words of a book you know you’re in for a painful ride. It’s gonna hurt. Like. A. Lot. Add in the fact that it is a Nash write and you just know it’s gonna hurt so good and it did. It absolutely freakin’ did. I had a beautiful war going on of wanting to hurry up and read to get to the next page sentence word and at the same time wanting to read so slowly to savor. Clearly, I’m impatient and I gobbled this up ...more
Dani
One morning I woke, but the two halves of my heart did not.

That’s the very first line of this book and it was exactly what made me read it.

Loved it. This book was so perfect in many ways.

This is not a fluffy story at all, it deals with lots of dark emotions and it is not an easy read.

As I already said it is such an emotional story that wraps you from the very beginning. Summers has a way with words that makes you feel Archer and Mallory’s pain as it was your own. You’ll get one or two tears
Elsa Bravante
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cuando últimamente tengo la sensación de leer una y otra vez el mismo libro y los mismos personajes, con el sexo como centro de la historia (lo que está muy bien, cuando quiero leer erótica, cuando leo una historia de amor, quiero algo más) no me puedo sentir más agradecida de que Nash Summers haya sacado un nuevo libro, su estilo es muy personal, diferente, sencillo pero nunca simple y sabe envolverlo todo con un halo de belleza y con muchas emociones alrededor.

Archer conoce al padre de su mejo
Ula'ndi Hart
Overall book rating: 5
Audio Book: N/A
Book Cover: 3.8

First Nash Summers!

Off the top of my mind...

Beautifully written. Emotional. Right in the feels. Sad. Absolute fabulous characters.

What more can I say?

I can’t tell you how much I LOVE this book. I can’t.

And it’s ALL about the WAY it was WRITTEN. In my humble opinion. This story could have been just a nice story. But it was so much more in the hands of this author.

I don’t know Nash Summers’s writing style, as I said, this is the very first ti
Bev
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I was going to give this 4.5 stars but really, I couldn't find a thing I didn't love about Arrows Through Archer. It grabbed me from the start, had me tearing up at times and it was heartwarming to see just how good Mallory and Archer were for each other.

This is a slow burn, and beautifully done too. Mallory stepped in to help Archer recover from a horrific assault, this eventually led to more and through all this they begin to help each other with their grief and loss. The author kept this al
Catherine
*** 4.25 Stars ***

Bottom line: I loved it. Now I need to ruminate on it a bit. Look at me, this is me ruminating.
Amy
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-2017, arc
As soon as I read the blurb, I knew this book was for me. Age gap, yes! Lots of angst, yes! Slow burn and UST, yes please!! And Nash Summers did not disappoint.

Archer is consumed by the grief of losing his parents and being disowned by is brother. Add to that the fact that he's hiding his sexuality from everyone, including his best friend, and it's easy to see why Archer is so unhappy.

His best friend Danny takes him home to Canada for Thanksgiving. Archer feels a connection with Danny's father,
Ariana
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those stories you will remember.

This is a book about loss and grieving.
Archer and Mallory have both lost someone they loved. Grief is a huge part of their life. It has changed them, it has made them shy away from the world and people. And neither has really been able to 'move on'.

Archer has been destroyed by the death of his parents. It feels like he is drowning in sorrow and hurt and that he is paddling like mad to get to the surface, but simply can't.
Inside him it's like ...

haletostilinski
I loved this book so much!! I really can't think of anything I had against it, honestly, and it was written so well, with such real and amazing characters, with a well done slow burn that set up Archer and Mallory's relationship that it made me so happy. I love slow burn, but if it's way too slow then it gets frustrating, and this book didn't fall into that trap of keeping them apart for the sake of the very slow burn and making the readers wait and wait and wait.

These two get together around t
Katerina
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I loved reading this book and it's hard now to say goodbye. It was a pleasure to accompany Archer and Mallory a bit of their way. The story carries a lot of emotions. The mood is to a large extent muted and sad. Not depressed. I think you get a good insight into the bereavement of two people. Mallory and Archer are not dissimilar in this respect. What both people can't do alone, they manage with joined forces.

While in the first part of the book you feel as if you are walking on the spot, you rea
Goodreads Librari...: Please add Rainbow Award winner, 'Arrows Through Archer' 2 13 Dec 19, 2017 06:07PM
BR Josy, Simone and Christelle 548 18 Jul 17, 2017 04:56AM
Nash Summers rarely has any idea what she’s doing. But when she likes to pretend, she pretends by writing stories at the pace of drying paint. As if that wasn’t exhilarating enough, Nash also enjoys absolute silence, general politeness, and waiting her turn in line.
Needless to say, she’s a bona fide hell raiser.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nash.summers...
Nash also has a super cool newsletter
More about Nash Summers

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“Do you know how beautiful you are? And not just this.” He traced his finger along my jawline, the tip of his thumb brushing my bottom lip. “You’ve got this old soul, and it’s serene and hushed and reminds me of the smell when it’s storming outside.”
“Mallory.”
Because that was all the world was to me from that point on.
Mallory.”
4 likes
“So,” Danny said with his mouth full of toast. He looked at Archer. “Does this mean I have to call you Mom?”
“Yes,” Archer replied, stone-faced.”
2 likes