Start by marking “The Lunam Deception” as Want to Read:
The Lunam Deception

The Lunam Deception (The Lunam Series #2)

4.48  ·  Rating details ·  33 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Kalysia has lived her life according to others - a fate she will not pass on to her child. When a conspiracy to bring down the pack threatens to uncover her darkest secrets; Kalysia must fight to protect the truth about the man she wants, at the expense of the man she was fated to love.

Jase has fought his entire life. For his honor, his freedom, and his family. Nothing in
Kindle Edition
Published June 20th 2017

Nicole Loufas
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is my 100% biased rating of The Lunam Deception. I can't leave a review without spoiling so I'll just give some background as to why I wrote this story and what I would've done differently.

***Warning*** this is a long post.

This story was born from my love, no obsession, with the royal families (York, Tudor, etc.) I really wanted to write a modern retelling of a princess forced to marry out of obligation because she was born with a certain DNA that made her special. I wanted to show her comi
Lucy
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This books leaves off not long after the first. If you were like me you had to wait awhile for this book! It was worth the wait.

Kalysia is pregnant and trying to work things out with Dillan. But you-know-who just keeps popping up in her life. She has to deal with her emotional connection to Jase, while living with Dillan and pretending they were meant to be. Her struggle is felt throughout the book. I honestly couldn't tell which way she would go!

This book is written in dual POV - Kalysia and Ja
Diana Laura (The Bookish Sisters)
I have a massive announcement.
Dear world, Nicole Loufas has made me love a paranormal Romance Series so I’ve decided that from now on I won’t run away screaming like a mad woman at the thought of reading a Paranormal Romance book. I cross my heart.

I’m practically out of nails after reading the end of The Lunam Deception. My heart made a happy dance while reading the last chapter, then it fell into a void when I realized it was the last chapter and that I had to wait and see if there’s going to b
Ginger Snaps
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This two book series (The Lunam Ceremony and The Lunam Deception) was one of the best shifter series I've read in a long time. The author kept us guessing and there were twists and turns I didn't see coming. Up until the very end, I still didn't know how the series was going to end. I love when books aren't predictable. And from the moment I started reading the first book, I was hooked and couldn't put it down. The minute I finished the first book, I started the second book. The story was well w ...more
Belle Lancaster
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm dying right now. I can't wait to finish tonight.

Actual Review with spoilerish stuff:

This PNR is good. Not because it's a PNR. The paranormal aspect is very minimal in my opinion. The OMG is off the charts. I don't know how many times I felt like screaming while reading this book. Just when I thought. Nope. Enough. I was sucked back in.

In the first book we meet Kalyisa. She "matches" with Dillan during the Lunam Ceremony. A ritutal that is supposed to lead you to your soulmate. (insert insta
Lucinda Fey
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a great ending to Kalysia's story...or is it.
I read very little PNR, this series was my only exception and I only read it because I happened upon this author's novella.

Because fate...

This is a very well-thought out story. One that probably could have been three or four books. Thank God it wasn't! I might have died if I didn't get the closure I so badly needed. Thank you Nicole, for giving us a thrilling and wonderful ride. I look forward to what comes next.

Bridget
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nicole has done it again...she has made me love a genre that I usually despise. I loved the first book and couldn't wait for the continuation of this story. Paranormal romances usually seem so farfetched but this one is so different, so real. Please, please write a third!!!
Andrea Heltsley
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
So good it's almost a different story

I was on the fence about the first book. It was very dramatic with a side of soap. I wasn't super happy with the ending but wanted to know what would happen next.
The author didn't disappoint. I really really enjoyed everything about this installment. Such a romantic ending too! Five glittery stars for this enticing shifter romance!
Rene
Jun 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Although I enjoyed this book very much. I really wish it was longer. This is a very minor thing. I'm being stingy on my stars, only because I really loved the first book.

I considered bumping this to 4-stars because of my love for Jase.
description

I still highly suggest the series! It's a fantastic read and very entertaining.
Greta Mimi
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the books that I really wanted to swipe to the last chapter to make sure it ended properly. I didn't do it...but I really wanted to!

Adding to my review of the first book; you get:
Sexy time
Lies
Honesty
Resolution
and HEA

Side note: I think I'll do all my reviews in one word descriptions from now on.
Great series, I highly recommend to people that know how to read.
Carlene Amabel
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Lunam Deception had a different feel than the Lunam Ceremony.
***Spoliers ****
Not in a bad way. Maybe a more grown up way. Part of the reason PNR is exciting to read, is the world-building (for me, anyway). This book was more about the poltics of the packs, which felt like it was written during our las presidental campaign. (lol) The power struggle trickles down to Kalysia and her unborn child. Not only how the child will effect the packs, but also who the father is.

description

(this is my first time pos
Ina Frank
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
This review is for book one and two.

Book one starts with a girl forced to take part in a ritual that will lead her to her soulmate. I'm not a fan of love and first site, but that doesn't happen here. At least not for Kalysia. She sees through the smoke and mirrors and understands what she's feeling for the super hot dude she hooked up with after barely knowing him an hour - was nothing more than lust. Thank god.

As Kalysia settles into her role in the pack, her insta-friend shows up under the gu
J.B. Trepagnier
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I saw this book on goodreads shortly after finishing the first one, the realized it wasn't available yet. Once it was, I made sure to download it and pretty much devoured it in one sitting.

Like the first book, this one is packed with drama and an intense read. You want to dislike Dillon and Cassie, but you can't help feeling bad for them, especially later in the book when all the pack politics are coming to light and some truths about them are revealed.

This book has some chapter's from Jace's pe
Ashlee  Turf *Rabid Readers Book Blog*
Oh boy, what can I say about this book. It was so good. While the first one was a little hard to follow, the second one happens to be an easier read and a awesome continuation of the story.
In book two you see Dillan/Cassie and Dillan/Kalysia’s stories, they get more and less complicated at the same time. You get to see some of Jase and the other half-breeds. The babies are born of course, after all they only bake in the oven for a little bit. The characters show more of their personalities, whi
Romaine Heart
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! The Lunam Deception blew me away as secrets are revealed and lives start spiraling downwards and some are destroyed through the power hungry council member of the wolf shifters. Promises made. Promises broken. True bloodlines are revealed. Such an intense read that kept me on the edge of my seat with the lies, deceit, betrayal, drama and suspense.
A love triangle between Kalysia, Dillan and Jase as well as Cassie, Kalysia and Dillion.
If Dillan is the father of Kalysia's baby and it's a son
Lauren Barrows
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-top-books
WOW.....

I LOVED this series but I wish it was longer or Nicole Loufas would write a spin off series (hint, hint) about Rusty, Leah, Layla, ect.! I could not put this book down! In fact, I stayed up all night to finish reading it. The twists and turns in this book matched the first book, in that the reader didn't see them coming.

So many times I wanted to smack Dillon and Cassie. So many times I wanted to scream at Kalysia to stand up to Dillon and Cassie and put them in their place!!! I was even
Tess Carella
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit, I was frustrated a lot while reading this story. Only because I really wanted things to go MY way. I'm happy to report that I love the direction and ending to this series.
We get a little politics. A little love. A little sex. And lots of feelings. Loved this series.
Highly recommend.
Lindsay
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I need more of this please

I was sucked in from the first book. This story, these characters; have had my attention since the first book came out. I day dream of such a world, because I'm such a nerd. This is so carefully written with twists and unpredictable outcomes that has left me wanting more. Please write more Nicole.
Janeka Caris
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great conclusion to this series. I really hope she writes another book.
Denise
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this series! I flew through the pages and did not want this story to end!
Joanne Tamsen
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Entertaining PNR story. I enjoyed the "real" aspect of it. Not much fantasy or paranormal. Much like VD or Twilight where the paranormal is taken in stride. Like "Yeah, i turn to a wolf sometimes, no big." It focuses more on the personal lives of the characters. great series.
Drea Shane
Hilda
Jun 20, 2017
Shanen Maxine
Jun 21, 2017
Nicole was born and raised in California. She claims to be a San Francisco native, however she's lived in both Northern and Southern California. She credits her creativity to the fact that she attended 12 schools between kindergarten and her senior year in high school. Her nomadic childhood allowed her to reinvent herself often. Some might call her a liar. While others see the stories she told as ...more
More about Nicole Loufas

The Lunam Series (2 books)
  • The Lunam Ceremony