Start by marking “Changing Lanes (Highway 17, #1)” as Want to Read:
Changing Lanes (Highway 17, #1)

Changing Lanes

(Highway 17 #1)

CHANGE...

It's change and how well you handle it which defines a person.

Three times in my life, I have been faced with such changes. Once when I was fourteen. Again, at eighteen. And now again at twenty-eight.

Book One Highway 17 Series
Published January 20th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Changing Lanes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Changing Lanes

♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

Changing Lanes by Leaona Luxx is the first book by this author that I read and I have to admit that it was an intense journey.

At first I expected this to be a second chance small town novel but I am happy that I was wrong and this story turned out to be so much more than that. It was not only well written and well developed no – it had even small suspense elements and it was so complex that the reader was taken on the journey together with the characters.

These characters were intense and I liked
Teresa's Tantalizing Book Teasers
Leaona, you blew me away with this love story. Honestly, from the moment the two main characters; Brannon and Torrie meet in college, you know their story will be an epic one. Both are driven to succeed for their families but for different reasons.

I fell in love with Brannon and his soulful southern charm. His looks may get him noticed, but he's intelligent, hard-working and any man who still opens a door and pulls out a chair for a woman is attractive right away in my book! It tells you his par
Annmarie
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars because of the strong love they felt but damn, he would have gone after her. He should have told her what the father did. And then the 360 at the end with the parents??? No cheating. HEA
Robin Brister
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brannon and Torrie have a great second chance romance. Brannon is just a good 'ol country boy and Torrie is from a wealthy family. They have many obstacles to overcome if they want to make their relationship work. There were times I wanted to slap and then other times I just wanted to wrap them up in a big hug.
A nice little side note is we get to see more of One, Lea, Hardy, and Thayer. I loved their characters form their books, but love them even more now.
Mona williams
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
this was another amazing book you wrote! loved it! its about two people that meet than end up going there seperate ways. meet ten years later and alot of hurt feelings here. it made me want to cry at times. its a story of what true love really is and how far you will go for that person. thanks for giving me a chance to read this book!
Coco.V
May 24, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝FREE on iBooks today (5/24/2018)!💝

Blurb:
CHANGE...

It's change and how well you handle it which defines a person.

Twice, she was there.

Ten years ago, I gave up everything, including her. At the time, it was the right thing to do, for both our sakes. Walking away from her isn't what I wanted, it's what had to be done.

Now, she's here. People like me don't always g
Nikki Brackett
Love follows no rules, it comes with no prejudices.  Love comes how it wants to, whether it fits society’s mold or not.  Love determines for itself where to settle.
There are books that you fall in love with.  There are books that simply amaze you.  Then there are books that give you bone defying chills while reading it–leaving you with a depth that simply leaves you in ——WOW.
I have read a lot of books and Changing Lanes has grew to be in my top 10 favorites of all times.  This story touched me i
Stacey
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review to come
C.J. Butcher
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Change. It's change and how well you handle it which defines a person.

Twice, she was there.

Ten years ago, I gave up everything, including her. At the time, it was the right thing to do, for both of our sakes. Walking away from her isn't what I wanted, it's what had to be done.

Now, she's here. People like me don't always get second chances, this happens to be m
Reckless Readers
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So I knew diving into this Lea was going to twist and turn my emotions. If you've read her first two books, you know she always breaks out the big guns and steals your heart. Well this book by far is the best thing she has ever written. I dove head first into this story and didn't want to come up for air. Within the first twenty percent my heart was breaking in half. Torrie comes from money and Brannon comes from almost nothing on his family farm. When they meet in college it's almost instant ch ...more
Christina Szczepan-santos
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. So many feels.

Soooooo Brannon & Torrie, Loved them but at times I really wanted to hurt both of them. (lol)

Ava, OMG hate hate hate her. Manipulative little wench. She was the cause of alot of drama for these two.

Of you've never read Leaona, pick up this book. She really makes you feel like you know these characters, that they are your friends. Personally that's what I love about a book.

This review is vague yes but alot happens in the story and I don't want to spoil
Teri
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Man these are some crying folks, ok so I might have gotten a little teary eyed a time or two while enjoying this emotional and beautiful story by this author. This isn't my first book by this author but it was just as enjoyable. This book tells the love story, well love interrupted story of Torrie and Brannon. Thru hits and misfires and lack of communication and so much more these two run the gambit of it all to claim their love. But at the same time is this wonderful love going to survive and w ...more
Latifa Morrisette
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the best book I have read from Leaona Luxx. This a heart wrenching romance that spans ten years. Brannon and Torrie are the most frustrating but loveable characters I have met. They go through many obstacles to get their HEA and reading this book is totally worth the tears and screams. I highly recommend that this book be read by everyone. You will not be disappointed
Flora Lafferty
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow, Leona...just Wow! Just finished reading Changing Lanes tonight...and you knocked it out of the park. I love second chance romances, and this is without a doubt the best one I've EVER read! I loved Brannon and Torrie's story and how it tied in with Cherry Grove and Still Creek and getting to see updates on the lives of the people in those books! Please continue this series and let us know how it goes with Brannon and Torrie's new little one! Great work
Jenny  (Jenz Book Jewels)
****SOME SPOILERS****
This book is amazing and has the loads of lovable character's from Cherry Grove & Still Creek books. Get your tissues ready and take a ride down Highway 17 switching up lanes full of emotions.

Brannon O'Hurley is 18 has an amazing relationship with his mom. They live on a farm just the two of them. He's had a long time friend Ava that is also his ex-girlfriend he still loves her but only as a friend. Now it's time to go off to college to get a engineering degree that will
Diane Norwood For The Love of Pimping
This book was AMAZING! I absolutely fell in love with Brannon and Torrie.... To see what they went through for years and then to be met face to face. I got angry, at Ava... and Torrie, and even Brannon a couple of times. I laughed, I cried, and I wanted to jump in the book and beat someone. I think this might be my favorite book written by Leaona yet. It was such and emotional story. I found it hard to put down. I'm not going to give anything away, so I'm going to say this..... GET THIS BOOK! Yo ...more
Angie McGuire
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
The premise of this book idea awesome. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book do to the fact the characters had promise and the plot was spot on. Lots and lots and lots of drama. Wow, these two need to learn to communicate- because seriously.

Brannon and Torrie fell in love, and it was actually very sweet. But both of them have issues with family or ex's that need to be dealt with. The drama and anger created through this series of unfortunate events, by the third parties, made me want to throat
Cherry Hurtado
Mar 13, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was a little hard for me to review. When I started the book I didn't immediately connect with the story. But I continued to read. Both the main characters were cute and sweet. I was excited that the book was a second chance story. But I don't know some of the parts in the book seem to be dragged out. I didn't Ike Ava. I felt like she was too much and I couldn't like her character at all. The story is cute and it has emotional sections which I liked a lot. Both characters have struggles ...more
Christy Daeger
3 Stars

This book was pretty good. It was kinda slow and I did skip a little bit overall I enjoyed Brannon & Torries story.
Sharon
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
The basic plot was quite good, and there were some shocking twists.

Brannon is off to college and he meets Torrie who it turns out is his soulmate, but her father has other plans for her and works to drive them apart. It is years later before they cross paths again, but will it be to late for them to find their HEA?

I have to say, while I loved the basic plot….it moved a bit too slowly for me. It seemed like half the book they were running from each other. They would talk for 5 seconds and get int
SassyLittleBookNerd
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Changing Lanes is the first book I read by this author, but it most certainly will not be the last! This story hit home for me. It’s heart breaking, yet breath taking, I found myself reaching for the tissues more than once. It has everything
Passion
Hot and steamy scenes and have you squirming in your seat, drama with a few twist and turns along with the way.

It’s a second chance love story about a guy called Brannon, he gets a second chance with the girl of his dreams Torrie, but it’s not smooth
Lenna  Wright-Berry
Country Boy meets Country Club Girl

New Freshman college Brannon,18 leaves us hometown to go to college at VTech, where he meets Sophomore Torrance aka Torrie. After a 4 long year relationship his ex Ava ( she'll cause loads of problems throughout this story but mostly later after the decade gap.) Bran was hesitant to jump into a relationship based on sex so when he met Torrid he knew to take his time to get the know her. His plan pages off but Torrid kept something from Bran about her father. An
Sara Fitzgerald
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
his is book one of the Hwy 17 series from Leona Luxx.
I have watched her grow as an author with her first series. She has grown with leaps and bounds. The complexity of the plot and the characters in this book is fantastic and she handles it with ease.
Be prepared to have your heart handed to you with a few bruises and beating faster as you follow along with Torrie and Brannon. There are places you will laugh at them and places you want to yell at them, but all along the way Leona brings us along
Mandy Saial
Changing Lanes is a beautifully written storyline that weaves you through a college romance between Torrie and Brannon . One whos family has money , while the other is just barly getting by.
There is so many different emotions I went through while reading this book ..lots of heartache & Joy felt between and for these two characters and the hell they have to fight through not knowing if they will ever make it back to each other .
Sharon Landry Aldrich
Country boy

I absolutely loved this book from cover to cover!! Brannon and
Torrie are an amazing couple. This book had all the feels! The chemistry between them is off the charts, whether they were loving each other or fighting their love!
This was a great second chance romance. Brannon and Torrie have been through both together and apart, can they get past all the hurts to be together forever?
This is a definite MUST READ!!
Enaya
OMG this book had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. At first I thought the description of the book was about Brannon and Ava, but that theory was quickly debunked the further along I got in the story. I thought that the main characters' tendency to blame each other without knowing all of the facts would annoy me, but Leonna Luxx worded this story in such a way that I was crying with them every time they fought. I loved every second of this story and I seriously can’t wait to read more!
Moriah
Dec 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great story. This is a 2nd chance romance. Brannon and Torrie meet in college and break up after her father gets between them. 10 years later, Torrie comes to town for work and runs into Brannon. They realize that they both still love each other, only now Brannon has a daughter and his crazy ex Ava won't leave them alone.
Nicole
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow!!!

This was a great book. I absolutely enjoyed Brannon and Torrie's hectic journey. The characters were awesome and the dialogue was great. There were some technical difficulties that need to be worked on with a proofreader, but nothing that detracted from my enjoyment of the story.
Overall, a very enjoyable read.
Sabrina Frontschek
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love Conquers All!
I highly recommend this book - loved everything about it. I felt so many emotions! This book was so well written, I was captured from the beginning and couldn't put it down. I loved the chemistry between Brannon and Torrie. They share a love so deep, many people can only dream to experience it in their lifetime. I can't wait to read the next book!
Jill
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh MY!!!! I've found another great author to follow and devour everything she writes. Changing Lanes was so deep, but had lots of funny sides. How many times can you let someone tell you something that is not true and believe it. You have to learn to roll with it and go after what you want and know is right for you.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Close To Falling
  • Luke (Brother's Keeper, #3)
  • Stepdaddy Stripper
  • Naughty Prescription: A Bad Boy Medical Romance
  • Turn of Fate
  • Ignite: 6  (Bolt Saga #6)
  • Defending Morgan (Mountain Mercenaries, #3)
  • Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • From The Ruins
  • The Highland Chieftain (Lords of the Highlands, #4)
  • Screwed
  • Giving All to You (The Giving Trilogy, #3)
  • The Boss
  • Forget You Not (Reclusive, #2)
  • His to Protect
  • Tempt
  • Tied (Delve #2)
  • Lessons from a One-Night Stand  (The Baileys #1)
Leaona, also known as Lea, lives with her husband, cat and two dogs near Myrtle Beach. She was born and raised in WV by her parents whom she adores before attending Marshall University. A small business owner and mother of three, she enjoys Carolina Panthers and Marshall University Football, reading, writing, gardening, crafts, NASCAR, TWD, hot rods, and surf fishing.

Leaona was inspired to write w

Highway 17 (3 books)
  • U-Turn (Highway 17, #2)
  • Collision (Highway 17, #3)