Start by marking “Lit Fuse (Nashville's Finest, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Lit Fuse (Nashville's Finest, #0.5)

Lit Fuse (Nashville's Finest 0.5)

Caisey Quinn—author of the Neon Dreams romances—delivers a prequel novella in an explosive new romantic suspense series...

When Chase Fisk enrolled in the United States Army, it was mostly to escape a dead- end job working with his alcoholic father. The military provided him with a sense of belonging, and his brothers in arms became the family he never thought he’d have. H
Published January 31st 2017 by InterMix (first published January 10th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Lit Fuse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lit Fuse

♥Rachel♥
Feb 07, 2017 ♥Rachel♥ rated it really liked it
Both Chase and Vivian have serious life goals and dreams. Chase is teaching a bunch of newbies the ropes with explosives and little does he know Vivian will be his star pupil. That is after they spend a night of heated passion together, not knowing that they will be in a commanding officer/subordinate relationship. Chase can hardly think straight teaching when Vivian is one of his students, but he puts his feelings of lust and attraction aside to do his job. Neither wants to risk all that they’v ...more
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Autry's review:

Chase and Vivian are the typical one night stand that morph into tomorrows what was I thinking? They are real life characters facing real life problems, they both risk everything to be together only Chase has come clean about his life and Vivian is withholding her secrets. The attraction is immediate; it’s clear they possess certain magnetism to each other. The love scenes are composed of scorching heat and love. Supporting details make the plot line flow seamlessly, the
Sophia
Fraternization between teacher and student is frowned upon, but particularly when said people are military and careers are on the line. However, the explosion that went off the night they met and the explosives they work with by day only keep the pair smoldering for each other and make being together worth the risk.

Lit Fuse is an introductory prequel story to what is going to be quite the sizzling hot romantic suspense series based on the ground work set up in this story. There is a full story a
Kim
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads.

I've been waiting to see what Caisey Quinn would give us since I finished her Neon Dreams series in 2015. When I learned it was a military romance series set in Nashville, I couldn't have been more excited. Now that I've read the novella, I'm even MORE excited... and anxious to get my hands on the first full length book! I need more of Chase and Vivian. Like, ASAP.

Chase and Vivian. Boy, did I love those two. First of all, Chase was hot AF. (I do
Christina
Feb 01, 2017 Christina rated it really liked it
4 Stars - 3 Flames

Holy Mother of WHAT???!!!!! Wow, just wow. I'm still trying to pick my mouth off the floor, so please excuse me if I start rambling. WOOOOOOOW!!!! Ok, Ok. I'll at least try to write a review for this one..

What a way to start a series. I mean, usually in a prequel, we're just learning about some characters and getting to know a little about what the series might be about. This? THIS!!! This has everything you'll ever ask for in a novel wrapped up in to a perfectly packaged preq
Shannon
Jan 28, 2017 Shannon rated it really liked it

4.5*

Superbly written, sinfully sexy, and highly addictive, Lit Fuse is a sensational introduction to Caisey Quinn's new series, Nashville's Finest! It's safe to say I am totally hooked after reading this passionate and combustible novella. With intriguing characters and a storyline that's completely engaging, Ms. Quinn has a real winner on her hands with this one.

A different take on the student/teacher trope, Chase and Viv's story had me on the edge of my seat until the very last page...and then
FMR Book Grind
Jan 09, 2017 FMR Book Grind rated it really liked it
AMY C'S REVIEW
4 STARS

Totally and completely explosive... And not just because he's a bomb defusing expert and she's his student....but lord knows that didn't hurt one bit. She was looking for a "clean, easy and no complications" kinda thrill ride just to take the edge off her new training class and he was more than willing to oblige. What she got was a complicated kinda tension that caused the air to crackle when ever they were near!

Chase & Vivian are the couple that make all the rules cease
Beth
Feb 12, 2017 Beth rated it really liked it
4 Explosive Stars

Caisey Quinn is back!

Chase is a explosives expert in the army. He is a trainer of those guys in the big Michelin tire suits that put bombs in the little black boxes. Chase and his buddies like to unwind with a beer but he likes to keep his focus. He can't be distracted when lives are on the line. He has had plenty of distractions in his life.

Become a soldier was a walk in the park on a breezy day compared to his childhood. He'd slept outside on the ground plenty growing up - a
Emma
Jan 25, 2017 Emma rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-wishlist
Be warned Caisey Quinn exercises cruel and unusual torture with Lit Fuse. I had heard through the rumour mill that Lit Fuse ended on a cliffhanger and had delayed reading thinking publication was the 31st of January for some reason and wanting the wait for Live Wire to be a little as possible. What I wasn't expecting was to be left at such a pivotal moment with my heart in my mouth and the words WHY screamed at my kindle. To say I need to read Live Wire immediately would be an understatement, if ...more
Krista
Jan 17, 2017 Krista rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novellas, 2017-reads
Holy. Smokes.

What an explosive beginning to this new series by Caisey Quinn. Seriously - it was ON FIRE. Okay. I'll stop.

But, explosions definitely play a big part in Lit Fuse. Chase is a Corporal in the Army. He's an expert in bombs and explosives, and he's training a new class of recruits on how to not get blown up. Vivian is an Army brat who's all grown up and ready to make her own path. One steamy hook-up with a stranger, though, and she's questioning everything.

Chase Fisk could burn her a
Denise Anderson
Jan 29, 2017 Denise Anderson rated it it was amazing
Well Wow!! I already love Caisey's books, but this one is a completely different side of her and I loved it. This Novella is the beginning of Chase and Viv and at the end you will we at the edge of your seat wanting to throw your book and ready to read Live Wire like I am. Thanks Caisey for the beginning of another great series.
Amanda
description
I loved this book. It was sexy, intriguing, fast paced, exciting and I could not get enough of these two. This series starts off with a bang and I cannot wait to see the rest of Chase and Viv's story in Live Wire.
These two were hot, hot, hot and I cannot wait to see how everything plays out when they are forced back together in Live Wire.
description
Amy Callahan
Jan 04, 2017 Amy Callahan rated it really liked it

Chase & Vivian are the couple that make all the rules cease to exist. They can l
Michelle Monroe
Jan 28, 2017 Michelle Monroe rated it it was amazing
This is the perfect prequel to Quinn's new Nashville's Finest series!

Hot! Explosive! Dangerous! Forbidden! Sexy! All of the Above!

When Chase gets hustled out of his table at a local bar, he can't seem to get the sexy red head out of his mind. He had been out at the bar, having a good time before he had to start training new recruits in his EOD classes. And when the red head keeps catching his eye, he nods and stands to leave, with the red head shortly behind him.

After a heated session (and I m
Amy
Jan 10, 2017 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't know about you guys, but I have been dying for something new from Caisey Quinn, and I gotta tell you, I couldn't be more excited for her new series, Nashville's Finest. The first book in its series, Lit Fuse, might be a novella, but boy does this story ever pack a punch. It sets the scene and introduces us to Chase and Vivian. The connection from with these two was instant and intense. I loved the forbidden quality to their relationship and seeing them deal with their feelings despite th ...more
Becca
Jan 13, 2017 Becca rated it it was amazing
Caisey Quinn has me totally hooked on Chase and Vivien! From the first page to the last, Lit Fuse is a sweet, sexy, action-packed ride that teases at an even greater adventure ahead. This novella packed a powerful punch, introducing readers to Chase, Vivien and a handful of other fantastic characters who will comprise the Nashville’s Finest Series. Each one had a unique, lovable and totally intriguing personality that left me wanting so much more. Although I’m not generally a fan of third person ...more
Hanne
Feb 01, 2017 Hanne rated it it was amazing
Vivien and Chase meet each other at a bar one night. Chase wants her, but Vivien doesn’t want a distraction. Her best friends can change her mind and they have one very hot night together! Vivien wanted one night, so she is shocked when she sees Chase the next morning. Chase is her new teacher for the next couple of weeks. Chase still wants her, but she is off limits now. Vivien still doesn’t want a distraction and focuses on studying. When Vivien needs help, Chase is there.

I liked the prequel a
David Maher
Jan 30, 2017 David Maher rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Chase Fisk spends his days teaching new recruits how to become EOD (Explosive Ordinance Disposal) Specialists. A new group every eleven weeks, and even in his private life he exhibits the calm reserve that you'd expect from someone in that role. When Vivian Brooks crosses his path however, sparks begin to fly.

Right from the first chapter you can sense the explosion that's coming, making the title, perfectly apt.

Told third person, which I'm not usually much of a fan of in romance novels, Caisey Q
Rock Chick
Jan 31, 2017 Rock Chick rated it liked it
Vivian and Chase have a combustive relationship.

They met when he tried to pick her up and she ended up hustling him.

They later met at military training where Chase was her commander.

They both fought the attraction between them but it was useless, in the end, they gave into it.

The relationship between them was forbidden as Vivian is under Chase's command. Vivian tries to do the right thing by breaking up with him to save his career, but Chase convinces her its not what he wants.

There is a twist a
GypsyBelle
Feb 03, 2017 GypsyBelle rated it really liked it
First off cliffhanger warning! And what a hell of a cliffhanger it is. I am still trying to wrap my head around who, what, when, how and why. I enjoyed the reverse roles , it was the man who was all googly eyes and wanted more and the female was the one who played it cool even aloof. It was nice to see that happening . Very strong female lead, with a surprise ending that will leave you wanting more .
Reviewed by : GypsyBelle
* I purchased a copy of this book*
Rebecca
Jan 30, 2017 Rebecca rated it really liked it
After having a one-night-stand with a man she meets at a bar, Vivian walks into her first day of EOD training to find a big surprise. Her commanding officer is her one time lover. Chase and Vivian must keep their relationship a secret, or both risk punishment from their CO. What I enjoyed about this book was the explosive chemistry between characters, and also the detailed training sessions Chase took the group through. I definitely enjoyed the story, and can't wait for what's next for Chase and ...more
Jen
Jan 24, 2017 Jen rated it really liked it
Holy hotness! I loved this novella. You combine a sexy military man, with a sassy military women,and you get one heck of an explosive story.. The characters were great. The forbidden romance was steamy. This left me wanting the next book right now.. loved it!
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
Interested in finding out what happens next!
Jessica
Feb 03, 2017 Jessica rated it really liked it
❤❤❤❤
Teri Beth
Jan 26, 2017 Teri Beth rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-netgally
ARC provided by publisher via NetGalley

Lit Fuse is a quick and sexy introduction to Chase Fisk and Vivian Brooks. What started as a one-night stand turns into something more for these two when they run into each other the next day in the most unexpected place. This prequel novella is a great introduction to the series and provides a good backstory to Chase and Viv's relationship. Then that ending! Totally unexpected and now I am dying to start Live Wire, I can't wait to find out what happens nex
Genevieve
Genevieve rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2017
Jacqueline Pace
Jacqueline Pace rated it it was ok
Feb 09, 2017
Judy
Judy rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2017
Jen
Feb 01, 2017 Jen added it
Fast. Fun. Explosive.

I fell in love with Caisey Quinn's books when I read her Neon Dreams trilogy last year. And I was really excited when I found out she was writing a military romance. This is a smokin' start to a new series! The chemistry between Chase and Vivian is off the charts! Definitely can't wait to see what happens next.
Joy Kinsey
Joy Kinsey rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2017
Romance Writer fueled by coffee, music, and love. Bestselling author of the Kylie Ryans series.

I love hearing from readers and other writers, and those freaky hybrids like myself! You can email me at caiseyquinn @ gmail (dot) com or follow me on Twitter @CaiseyQuinn. You can find me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/AuthorCaisey...
More about Caisey Quinn...

Nashville's Finest (2 books)
  • Live Wire (Nashville's Finest, #1)
  • Deadly Retribution (Nashville's Finest, #2)

“Are you taking me out in the woods to murder me? Because I gotta say, I did not see that coming, and I’m usually an excellent judge of character.” Chase” 0 likes