Start by marking “The Montana Bride” as Want to Read:

(Marvells of Montana #1)

She’s not running anymore…

After a decade away, Jacie Rose has returned with her daughter to Sweetheart to renovate a historic hotel…and to lay some ghosts to rest. She knows she’ll have to confront mistakes she made in the past, but she didn’t expect to be living right next door to the guy she once asked to be her husband.

When Brett Starr was approached ten years ago by Ja
Published December 13th 2016 by Tule Publishing (first published September 15th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Montana Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Montana Bride

Start your review of The Montana Bride
Tpagirl Loves Romance
The Montana Bride was the first book in the Marvels of Montana series by Jeannie Watt. It was my first book by the author.

Jacie Rose had come back to her small home town after a ten year hiatus in the big city. She had left quickly, leaving a terrible home situation and was no longer the eighteen year old when she left. She was now a successful engineer and was brought in to oversee a large hotel renovation. What she hadn’t counted on was running into the boy - now man - that she had left behind
Elaine
Now I know I read quite a lot of books but this one was just so familiar from the very start. The character names, the events, the general plot were ones I’d read before, I knew what was going to happen. That’s when I checked and discovered I was right. This is a tweaked version of a story by the same author entitled ‘The Secret Bride’ that I’d read and reviewed in 2015. In that case the heroine returned to Cherry Lake, whilst in this one she’s returning to Sweetheart. Other than that and a few ...more
Elaine
This is the fifth book in this series, all written by different authors but based in the same community with characters, events and key plot events shared or alluded to in them all. I continue to be so impressed with how the authors collaborate to produce series like these, maintaining a very high standard in integrating plots and characters between them yet writing from their own points of view and in their own inimitable manner to put their individual stamp on their own book contribution to th ...more
keikii Eats Books
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Forgot to add this to Goodreads apparently.

Pretty good, but outside my typical range of romance books. Probably the best free romance I've read to date. The characters were well written, the backstories were great, the events that played out were reliable and credible, and I just liked the progression of the romance. Worth the read.

Also pretty short, which was a plus.
Maria
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, free
"Received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review"
I really enjoyed reading this story. The story is sweet, the romance believable and the characters complex. The writing, as usual with Jeannie Watt, is good.
There are some details that I loved and that bring depth to the plot: the heroine’s (a strong woman, an engineer, a single mother) sexual inexperience, the fact that the hero is a regular guy with a regular job, his protective instincts and integrity.
There are even some twists o
Runner10
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first book to read by Jeannie Watt. I really enjoyed her writing style and love reading all the stories based in Cherry Lake, Montana. The characters are wonderful and the secondary characters make me want to know their stories. I hope there are more.
Elaine Leonard
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review

I enjoyed reading this book. Life is funny and some times puts you where you need to be happy. The characters were real and charming
Margaret Sholders
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jeannie has given us a good Sweetheart story. There is a bit of action, twists and turns. This starts in the past. Jacie had to leave to save herself and left her best friend behind. Forward and Jacie is coming home with her daughter,Darby, who is 9 and loves horses. Brett finds they live beside him and his sister Megan and her horse ranch. Jacie is now an engineering contractor who is to rework the Hotel in town. She meets the problem that made her run. Her stepfather the Mayor. Major Spoiler! ...more
Confessions of a Dirty Girl
Book Title: The Montana Bride
Subtitle: Marvells of Montana
Author: Jeannie Watt
Genre: Romance
Part of a Series? Yes
Order in Series: 1
Best Read After Earlier Books in Series?
Overall Score: ***

The characters were well written, the backstories were great, the events that played out were reliable and credible, and I just liked the progression of the romance. It is worth the read. Also fairly short which makes it a nice quick break from life.

Jacie grew up in Sweetheart but ran away when she was a preg
Tonya Stinnett
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic

This book is a fantastic book. I love Darby the most. She is a 9 year old girl who is going on 30 most of the time. She is very wise for her age and sees a lot of things her mother does not won't her to see. Her mother Jacie has raised Darby by herself. There has never been a dad in the picture and Jacie plans to keep it that way. When Jacie is need to go back to Cherry Lake for work her rental property is beside Brett the man she was supposed to marry 10 years ago. What will happen now
Pcch2345
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
they knew each other while growing up and were aware of each other, but they acknowledge the attraction only when they meet once again...the heroine was hot and cold with him, but she was very wary about being disappointed again, and thought she would be disappointing her daughter but once she realizes that's not how life operates, she takes the chance so overall its was a good read but slightly slow and sometimes it felt like their conversation was on the repeat mode. ...more
Kathleen Bruce
The Montana Bride

This book had great potential to be a great story if it weren't for Jacie's insecurities. I kept waiting for her to realize not all men were like her step father. I got super bored with Jacie repeating over and over that her daughter would not be hurt by a step father or moms boyfriend. We had to wait until the very end for her to give Brett a chance. I read three other books in between finishing this one. I wanted to yell JUST STOP!!!!
Kathleen Booker
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love and second chances

Jacie's mother marries a man to give her a dad and he is abusive jerk. She has crush on best friend in high school but he is with someone else. She rebels in her senior year and ends up pregnant from one time at party and never sees guy again. She ask Brett (high school crush) to marry her but runs away instead. Ten years later she is back and he is available. They get their second chance
Brenda  K
Sep 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3star
I really enjoyed reading this book. It was a quick read. I loved Cherry Lake. Quite a reunion for Jacie. Although a enjoyable read I didnt like Jacies insecurities. Totally get putting your kid first but it went so much farther than that. I absolutely loved Brett. Such a great character. By the end I was dissapointed in the way the book finished. I really would have liked to get a little more. It was to abrubt an ending for me.

All in all an enjoyable read.
Minga Dotson
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A girl comes home after ten years sway, with an engineering degree and her nine year old daughter.

The man she had left at the courthouse was her next door neighbor, and his sister had his pasture full of horses, perfect for her horse loving daughter, not so much for her. She had a renovation job to supervise, a daughter to raise, an ex-stepfather to avoid, and no time to moon over the man she had always had a crush on.
Birty
Jan 11, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Montana Romance

Too much pain and bad memories from childhood keep Jacie from seeing a future with Brett, her high school crush. Now she’s back home for 2 months and the attraction is still there. Unfortunately, Jacie can’t let go of the past to do anything about it.

Strong female in so many ways but emotionally crippled by her mother’s marriage to 2nd husband. Used being there for her daughter over and over again to push away love interest. Just grew old quickly.
Dawn
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jacie returns to Montana with her daughter and runs into her almost groom Brent.
These two must come to an understanding to join their futures together. Enjoyed the characters and setting. Looking forward to reading more in this series.

Ebook from netgalley and publishers with thanks. Opinions are entirely my own.
BebeJacobson
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Single mom finds love

A hometown girl who left for the big city. to escape an abusivre stepfather and getting pregnant by a stranger. Also left a best friend at the altar after asking him to marry her. She returns ten years later with her daughter . She is an engineer in charge of a big project. Sparks fly between her and Brett the friend she jilted..

Joanna
May 06, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I haven’t read books by this author before. The book was ok, the characters were well developed but I got a little annoyed at Jacie for thinking all men are the same and not giving Brett a chance. I think this book had potential but never really got going for me.

Plus the spelling mistakes drove me nuts!
Reader43
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A second chance with an old beau

Jeannie Watt writes a satisfying book about dealing with choices made in youth. Becoming pregnant, leaving her family and friends behind to fulfill her dreams lead to facing her past. The journey to her future was a study in becoming a whole person. A great read.

Black Butterfly
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Shelves: romance

SWEET-SLOW & BORING. I HAD A HARD TIME TRYING TO STAY INTERESTED, BY 38% I WASN’T FEELING ANY DIFFERENT. SHE JUST DIDN’T KNOW HOW TO JUGGLE HER SINGLE PARENT LOVE LIFE. THERE IS A WAY TO HAVE AN ADULT LIFE WITHOUT INVOLVING YOUR CHILDREN IN IT. HER CHOOSING TO BE FRUSTRATED IS SENDING THE WRONG MESSAGE TO HER DAUGHTER. LIFE DON’T HAVE TO BE THAT HARD. THIS GOT SORT OF SILLY NEAR THE END. ;\
Barbara A. White
A great hometown love story...

I enjoyed reading this book . It had many different unexpected changes which keeps the reader interested about what was going to happen next...thus it was a fast read. I enjoyed the characters whose personalities came through to the reader very clear. It is definitely a "chick" read love story.
Cynthia
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
True Love

Jackie is back to Cherry Lake after running away pregnant 18. Brett would have married her to help her out but she got sacred. Now 10 years later is back doing a job and has her daughter with her, and has to deal with her awful ex step-dad.
Tracey
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a great second chance story. 💕💖💕

Jackie is a woman who doesn't know how to trust a man... and with good reasons. But the one man she has trusted is Brett. And having him around is scaring her because he is stirring up lots of feelings she thought were long gone. 💞💗💞
Lorelei Frank
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed!

Enjoyed this book and ready to read Book two. I love contemporary western stories and this was close. Characters were fun, loved the strong female engineer a n d her tough/soft character.
Joann
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dreaming

This was so well written, I felt like I was there! All the what if's in life this story pulled a lot of them together. You could easily identify with these down to earth characters. Can't wait to read more.
Kerry H
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Engaging storyline!

Very well written with an engaging storyline that I HAD to read in one sitting. A second chance love story with many twists and characters you can't resist falling in love with... well, except one.
Angie Hackett
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable read.

This was enjoyable. It was well written with a lovely setting and interesting characters. The plot was solid and the sex scenes were done tastefully with a less is more attitude about it.
Emilie Davis
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jacie and Brady's Story - 10 years later!!

This was a well written romance. I enjoyed the story and the characters. I liked the the fact that horses were part of the backdrop and true love never runs smoothly!!
Steve Bender
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a really good ebook romance. It has a fine mix of business intrigue and romance. I found the book almost impossible to put down. It has one steamy scene. The plot is almost like "The Parent Trap" with a daughter trying to get her mother to commit. Highly recommended ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Cherish Me, Cowboy (The Wildflower Ranch #1; 76th Copper Mountain Rodeo #2)
  • Cliffside Bay Bundle: Traded / Deleted / Jaded (Cliffside Bay, #1-3)
  • Montana Miracle (Big Sky Mavericks #8)
  • Nurse's Date with a Billionaire (Billionaire Date, #1)
  • Like a Boss (Double Trouble Duet, #1)
  • His Montana Rescue (Montana Lakeside Book 3)
  • Texas Christmas Tycoon (The Dangerous Delaneys, #3)
  • The Innkeeper's House (Hickory Grove, #4)
  • To Love a Texas Cowboy (Wishing, Texas, #1)
  • Lone Star Nights (Texas Justice, #2)
  • Texas Christmas Bride (The Gallaghers of Sweetgrass Springs #6)
  • A Real Cowboy for Christmas (Wyoming Rebels, #6)
  • Christmas, Alabama (Alabama, #4)
  • Back to You (Remington Medical, #1)
  • Wicked in Winter (Lost Harbor, Alaska, #4)
  • Their Christmas Miracle (Charity, Montana #2)
  • Navy SEALs of Chance Creek Vol 1 & 2 (The SEALs of Chance Creek, #1-2)
  • Naughty Wish (Brit Boys Sports, #5)
Jeannie Watt lives on a small cattle ranch and hay farm in southwest Montana. When she's not writing, she enjoys making mosaic mirrors, sewing, and pretending that the house is neat and tidy.

Jeannie loves to hear from readers. Please contact her via her website www.jeanniewatt.com.

Marvells of Montana (4 books)
  • The Christmas Secret (Marvells of Montana #2; Secrets of Cherry Lake #7)
  • Catch Me, Cowboy (The 78th Copper Mountain Rodeo #1; Marvells of Montana #3)
  • The Cowboy Rides Away (Marvells of Montana #4)

News & Interviews