Start by marking “Bet Me (Lucky in Love, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bet Me (Lucky in Love, #2)

Bet Me

(Lucky in Love #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  4,089 ratings  ·  417 reviews
What happens when your sex strike goes viral -- and suddenly every man in town has their eye on your prize?

All I wanted was little old-fashioned romance. After a parade of Tinder disasters who think chivalry is giving me a pearl necklace on the first date, I made a pledge: until guys step up their game, this girl is off the market.

But one bottle of chardonnay later, and m
Published January 29th 2017 by CreateSpace

really liked it 4.00  ·

NMmomof4
3.25 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a pretty light, funny, and sexy read. I liked it more than I thought I would, but it won't go on my favorites shelf or probably be all that memorable in the long run. It doesn't get all that deep into the characters, and we don't get any time with them as an actual couple (except for the epilogue which was brief). Otherwise, it was enjoyable and would be a good one for in between some heavier reads.

Brief Summary of the Storyline: This is Lizzie and Jake's st
Stacey is Sassy
description

It’s just a matter of timing…

***3.5...maybe 3.75...nearly 4 stars***

I read this book at the wrong time. I was actually looking for some smutty goodness and this one, I thought, had huge potential. Unfortunately, I was left waiting…and waiting…and waiting. Kind of like the heroine of the story.

Lizzie has not had a good run with men. Her long-time boyfriend who she helped and supported through his studies dumps her for a new and improved model. What follows is one bad date after the other. New Yea
Paige
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 "Strike" Stars

Bet Me was a cute and funny viral story gone wrong for the heroine Lizzie. After tiring of the same old same old men she finds on the dating sites, she send a message to her sister outlining everything that she's tire of putting up with and declares that if men aren't going to change, she's going on a strike. What she wakes up to is nothing short of disaster for her the next day. The whole world, it seems, knows about her strike. And now that she can't hid from it, she's going to
Alex ♈
DNF

I'm not a fan of so called romance with a weak female character brought in unrealistic embarrassing situation which made me doubt her mental level. I don't find it funny.
Beneath The Covers Blog
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, kelly, 2017-reads
Funny, flirty, and 100% entertaining...another great romance from Lila Monroe!

Bet Me is full of all the things I love about RomComs! It's sexy, enticing, and full of sexual tension, with a humorous twist on a B&E! The character dynamic between Jake and Lizzie was unique. Their instant attraction for each other might have sparked the pages early on, and in the most memorable way for Lizzie (insert smirk here). But it was their denial of the attraction that really drove the story forward. They
A_Ryan
3.5 Jake Weston Stars

What's it about? A girl makes a public declaration to stay celibate until the male dating pool shapes up, and finds it difficult when Jake Weston shows up at her work and challenges everything she stands for.

The best bits: I love the set up. I especially love the scene when the first two hook up (view spoiler) and thought Monroe built up to it so very well (no pun intended) . It was hilarious and totally had me
Book-Bosomed  blog
Jan 24, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Elizabeth “Lizzie” Ryan, 30, a curator at the Met and lover of Hollywood’s golden days, has had a string of bad dates and bad lays.

“‘Guys these days wouldn’t know romance if they passed out face down in it.’”

Jacob “Jake” Weston doesn’t believe in romance. He’s had his heart broken once and he’s lost all his faith. He and Lizzie have crossed paths twice in one lifetime and while they seem to have a lot in common, they have very different outlooks on sex and romance.

Told via Lizzie and
Shayna
A unique and hilarious romance that had me grinning ear to ear! Lila Monroe is quickly becoming my go-to author in the romantic comedy genre and she just solidified that fact with the release of BET ME. This is a book that will drag you out of a book hangover. This is a book that will bring joy and laughter to your world. THIS is a book that will come just at the right time for many of you out there. Sexy, comical, and entertaining, BET ME will take you by surprise in every possible way.

Lizzie
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

5 STARDUST CROWNS

I absolutely love everything about Lila Monroe's Bet Me. It has this John Hughes 80's movie romance feel, completely fun, romantic, and pure movie magic in book form.

Lizzie's ideal relationship is filled with the type of romance we are all fed as girls. The man will woo his love with grand gestures, and well you know the rest, but this isn't what Lizzie has gotten. Disgruntled with the state of her love life, she decides to take her love life int
Addie H
Jun 15, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF

- “So what’s your name again?” He downs his beer in one gulp and lets out an almighty belch.

- “So tell me more about this . . . what? Art shit, you said?”

- Now I’m THIRTY and stuck in this Tinder wasteland. I mean, the last three guys I hooked up with all stopped in the middle of sex to come on my tits!

- I mean, is it so bad that I still believe there’s a guy out there who might wine and dine me, and also fuck me like he’s straight out of Magic Mike XXL?

description
Kiki
Really? A bounty on who gets to score bed time with heroine? Who are these people? High school kids?
No apparently they are adults!
Adulting 101: do NOT declare to the internet about your sexual strike after bubblies!
You are going on sex strike for a reason: let's say to avoid assholes and one night stand! Don't you think declaring that on the internet beats the purpose a little?
Rejane
Feb 12, 2017 marked it as not-interested  ·  review of another edition
I'm not in my teens anymore, by a long shot. Take in consideration the heroine here is 30 years old. So little tolerance from me. This is not rom com. This is moron com

ItaPixie
Jan 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: freebie, 4-stars

This was an easy,enjoyable,sexy read.

The blurb made me so curious to read Bet Me and Lizzie's journey didn't let me down.It had me laughing from the beginning to the end.

Lizzie hasn't had the best record with her romatic dates.She is so dejected,she has almost lost every hope into the opposite sex,she thinks of swearing off all the rude men on the planet but the fate has other plans for her.

This was the first time I've read this author and I've really liked this story and I'll read more of Lila

ViolinVixen
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is the perfect, classic romantic comedy. In my head I can practically picture the Nora Ephron movie trailer for this book! Upbeat music, bumbling (read: idiot/hilarious) suitors, the handsome man she loves to hate and our beautiful, but unlucky in love heroine. Add in a bet, with male ego and a pile of cash on the line and you get to see what the men of New York are willing to do for $50K!

Lizzie is a romantic at heart. She wants a swoon-worthy courtship and a gentlemen suitor, like in
Isa Jones (Jo&Isalovebooks Blog)
OMG I laughed so much with this book, from the very first page it had me in stitches!

I received an Arc from the Author and I am so pleased I did. Bet Me was thoroughly entertaining and it had an original plot. I have to say I think it hit a nerve there as I think we could all see ourselves in Lizzy and how as a woman you are constantly looking for a bit of romance and TLC in your love life.

Lizzy is a curator for a prominent museum and after several (really terrible) dates, she goes on a massive
L.   (Nails, Hair, Hips, Heels - I Got None)
Lizzie is a curator at a museum and is trying to put on an exhibit dedicated to the Golden Age of Hollywood. It kind of says something that I was more interested in her struggles to put the show together than I ever was with her struggles to find love.

After yet another bad date, Lizzie goes home and gets drunk. (She does drink quite a bit. About every chapter has her knocking back something eighty proof. Hey Lizzie, maybe if you got some help for your drinking problem you would find access to so
Alexandra
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm a sucker for a good romcom and this book didn't disappoint. It's sweet and funny and dare I say sexy, even if it doesn't come with lots of smut.

Lizzy, the super heroine of this book is every woman nowadays. She's sick and tired of the way men have treated her and she goes on a strike - a sexless strike. In comes Jake Weston; yes, he's a type of James Bond inspired character minus the agent quality. He's the one who got away, or shall I say fell asleep during sexy times. And Lizzie won't let
Maria Naydenova
Aug 27, 2017 rated it liked it
That was a nice, light and funny read that was good for me and I liked it after the series of drama packed reads I had. The dialogues and internal monologues were hilarious, the banter between the characters was sexy and although the story wasn’t something quite memorable and I probably won’t remember it in a month, it was such a refreshing book to lighten my mood after so many heartbreaking reads.

The plot was interesting although I didn’t quite get all the movie reference but it managed to keep
Shannon

Such a fun, fun book! I'm so jealous of Lizzie's job- I want to be her!

Full review to come.
Rady Reads
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lizzie Ryan work as assistent curator at the famous Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. She is obsessed with old Hollywood movies and finally has gained an opportunity to show off her knowledge and love in form of "Golden Age of Hollywood" exhibition. But not everything in her life is going as smoothly as her career. Her private life is a bad joke and every man she meets is only looking for to get laid. Everything she's ever wanted was to be wined, dined and a bit romanced, not sit in a spor ...more
*The Angry Reader*
Feb 17, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2017
Maybe I'm not in the rom-com mood.

But this managed to be trite, insulting, poorly edited, misogynistic and had a rapey vibe. So. Plot line - Lizzie goes on some bad dates, posts a video online about how she's not having sex until some dude earns it, and becomes a hot commodity in the world of "want what we can't have."

Things I found confusing -
- if all these dudes sucked isn't the vajayjay de facto closed for business? Or is she banging awful dudes that she doesn't like even though she doesn't
Peggy Lee (Reading Keeps Me Sane)
Bet Me is a humorous, second-chance love story. The characters snarky banter had me laughing out loud. What I love the most was the duel POV that provide heart felt moments.

Lizzie is an assistant curator at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. She is planning her debut as lead curator of a "Golden Age of Hollywood" exhibition. Jake Weston is assigned to assist Lizzie with procuring the more difficult pieces she'll need for the show. As it turns out this isn't the first time Jake and Lizzie have cros
Melinda
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bet Me by Lila Monroe

I loved the sound of this book when I read the blurb and, having read a few of Monroe's RomComs previously, I knew I'd be in for an easy and enjoyable time.

Bet Me is about the down on her loveluck, Lizzie and her former almost one night stand, Jake. Lizzie inadvertently announces to the world that she's now adhering to a sexual strike until men start to demonstrate a bit of romance! I say inadvertently because the recording Lizzie made was supposed to have been directed at
Kristina at For The Love Of Books
Bet Me by Lila Monroe was just what I need. I had been in a book funk and Bet Me was able to go where others books couldn't. Had me finishing a book that I couldn't put down. A book that I highly enjoyed!! Hilariously funny, sweet and sexy. It had it all. All the components to a great book. It also had me begging for this pair to finally get together but I loved the back and forward from them. I was rooting for them from their first encounter way back three years ago. I loved how they met, what ...more
Pauline (Passionate About Books)
A strike!!! Downing tools until management meets her demands!
What I adore about Lila Monroe's stories is that they are so amazingly hilarious and refreshing they always manage to put a smile on my face and make my day. "BET ME" is another fine example of this where Lizzie has sworn off sex until the men of New York discover the art of old school romance and wooing a woman. Jake, on the other hand, firmly believes that there is no such thing as romance... but it seems that both of them are ignori
Maddy's Reading
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, romantic-comedy
Oh the mess Lizzie finds herself in!! As you can read from the blurb, her sex strike goes viral and there is a bounty on her maidenhead and she is being wooed by possible every desperate bachelor in the city. Her only distraction is the big show she is setting up at Met for which she needs the help of Jake Weston.
They have a comical and unforgettable almost-one-night-stand three years ago and now Lizzie sees him as an arrogant manwhore. Jake might be a playboy, he's also funny , kind and sexy.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Jan 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute, funny romance. I just found the similarities between this book and Jennifer Crusie's Bet Me from 2001 a bit startling. {BOOK SPOILER AHEAD--DO NOT CONTINUE IF YOU PLAN TO READ Crusie's book} In Crusie's book there was a "bet" of 10K to bed Min that Cal (the hero) really didn't agree to. Cal and his friends also just "bet" on everything and Min actually starts to use it against Cal BEFORE she finds out about the 10K bet then, well...you gotta read the book.
Jackie
Rom com books and movies are a favorite go to of mine, let's face it watching a man and woman bumble their way to HEA on a page or a screen is good laughter therapy every time.

In Jake and Lizzie's case this holds true while we also get a taste of the effort needed to put together and execute a kick-ass museum exhibit, even if it is a fictional effort still interesting to me as it is taken from a thought process of Lizzie's to the final presentation to the public.

Fun, silly, frustrating drama, ni
A little birdie told me...
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Super cute story with cute characters and a pretty sweet, albeit abrupt ending. I just would have liked more than a "three months later," three page epilogue.

However, if that's the only real negative I can find in the book, well that and the fact that some of the story seemed a bit... familiar. Not that it copied any other work. It just seems that the new romances are following similar trends in content and detail. I won't give them away, but I guess I notice these things.

Other than that, I re

• Sizzle (Sizzle, #1)
  • Lawyers in Love, Books 1 & 2 Boxed Set
  • Naughty by Nature
  • The New Rule (The Casual Rule #2)
  • The Randy Romance Novelist
  • Dear Neighbor
  • Brooklyn & Beale
  • Conklin's Corruption (Conklin's Trilogy, #3)
  • Total D*ck (Bad Bitch, #3)
  • Divine
  • Smolder
  • You're All I Want for Christmas (Of Love and Madness, #1.5)
  • A Baby for the Billionaire
  • Death (The Horsemen, #1)
  • The Hunt
  • Slave to Love
  • Licked (L.A. Liaisons, #1)
  • Blur (Changing Colors, #2)
Combining her love of writing, sex and well-fitted suits, Lila Monroe wrote The Billionaire Bargain. Lila enjoys writing, as it gives her a flexible schedule to spend time with her kids and a wonderful excuse to avoid them. She lives in Los Angeles with her husband, who strips out of his well-fitted suits nightly.

Lucky in Love (6 books)
  • Get Lucky (Lucky in Love, #1)
  • Lovestruck (Lucky in Love, #3)
  • Mr Right Now (Lucky in Love, #4)
  • Perfect Match (Lucky in Love, #5)
  • Christmas with the Billionaire (Lucky in Love, #6)
“Because that’s all that any of us are really looking for. Someone to see us for our best, and love us at our worst. It may be cheesy as hell, but there’s a reason the classics stick around. Love never goes out of style.” 2 likes
“When I get to heaven, it’s going to be a bakery,” I sigh with pleasure, tearing into another roll. “Nothing but butter croissants as far as the eye can see. Or a doughnut shop. Or a bakery-slash-doughnut shop.” 2 likes