Start by marking “Making It Work (Mannies Incorporated #5)” as Want to Read:
Making It Work (Mannies Incorporated #5)

Making It Work

(Mannies Incorporated #5)

Parker has been Manny to Grif and Blue’s kids ever since the twins were first born. Fourteen years later, he’s caring for five kids and Grif is now a widower. Everything is about to change again for Park and his charges, though, as Grif is marrying a man with three girls of his own and the new family is moving to a big house they’ve built just outside of Ottawa.

Rand has b
Published December 14th 2016 by Sean Michael

To ask other readers questions about Making It Work, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Making It Work

Serena Yates
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay, read-2017
Two men getting married, their families merging, and all the issues each partner’s children bring to the table, is not all that unusual in “manny-land”, although it is fairly rare. What is totally new and had me fascinated from the moment I read the blurb for ‘Making It Work’, is the idea that both men in the new marriage not only have children between three and fourteen who need to figure out how to relate to new siblings, but also add their respective mannies to the mix and move to a new locat ...more
Shannon
Aug 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, romance
This was a standard cute Sean Michael manny story. This time instead of the children's dad falling for the manny, it's two mannies falling for each other. Two men get married and have to blend their incredible large (8 kids) family, mannies included. I was much more invested in the children's welfare in this one and less concerned about the MC love lives. I'm pretty sure it wasn't supposed to be like that but that's where I was. It was interesting reading about trying to blend all these people a ...more
Donna
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 00-lgbtq-read
I liked the "mannies in love" twist and even though the "dads" were slow to step up to the plate, I was glad to see that they finally pulled their heads out of their "honeymoon" asses! Just sayin'! Eight kids? Yeah, it will take at least all four of them to keep that household up and running! I know that I may be in the minority when I say this, but I just feel like it is the kids that lose out when there are a ton more kids than there are adults in one family. The ratio in this story was good a ...more
llv
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
This book reminded me little of the movie "Yours, Mine & Ours" , the version with Dennis Quade. Grif has five kids and marries Mike who has three kids of his own. Rand is Mike's manny and is the more free spirit go with the flow hippy type and Parker is Grif's manny who is the more button down follow the rules type of manny. The two mannies clash in the beginning and the kids on both of side dislike each other so there is much stress with the merging of the two families. It doesn't help that ...more
Anke
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
So, I started this because I needed some mindless feel-good story and that's what I got. Only, while reading, there were lots of things missing and quite some stuff getting on my nerves.

In the beginning, well about 20% perhaps? The dads were missing, absent. Only the mannies and the kids were there. No idea what the dads did for a living (something with travel?), no idea how they met, what happened to the other dads (one of them died from cancer, but when and how all these kids came along - no i
Hc
This didn't quite work for me. The parents are good guys but they don't have time for the kids. The mannies are 98% in charge AND running the show and then the parents are going to share their kids with the mannies more or less?

More inportantly, these two are complete opposites and in a short period of time to move on to being in love. Lush, yeah sure start getting some sexy feelings going but its like, overnight they decide to go for it AND then they are in love.

It's just...................ok..
Elizabeth
Aug 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, 07-aug-utc, m-m
This is the first book in the series I read and it was interesting to watch 2 mannies (rather opposites, one hippy, one more military type), two dads and 8 children trying to blend together. I liked reading about their efforts to manage the kids and the dads but I wasn't much invested into their romance. Overall, a fun, enjoyable read.
Katy Beth Mckee
The other manny stories have involved a romance between manny and dad. This one was a fun looking at falling in love in a blended family who end up with two mannies. These two guys seem as different as Texas is from Canada but helping the kids blend helps them learn about what they have in common as well. A sweet story where everybody wins.
Buttons
A sweet story, and no annoying enemy-turning-lover story. It is more of a learning-to-compromise-and-be-a-family story.
Chris
I hate to say this.. but it was my least favorite of the series because the relationship was almost a tertiary part of the story. The kids, their dads, and blending the family all were foremost to the relationship developing between Rand and Park.
Sadonna
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, mm, pdf, series
3.5 stars. Gay Brady Bunch with two Alices in Rand and Park. I liked the nannies. The dads were a little bit MIA. The kids had all lost a parent and were dealing with issues. The mannies have been with the families though since the kids were born, so these kids have always had support, thankfully. I liked Rand and Park and when they get on the same page, well it's pretty unexpected. There is of course some obligatory kid drama, but all's well that ends well.

This series is like crack to me. I am
Angie
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a wonderful story about two mannies who help two families become one as they fall in love along the way. Rand is a chill Texan while Park is a Canadian who runs a tight ship. He has to with five charges! When their respective employers fall in love and get married, it is up to Rand and Park to ease the transition for Rand's three girls with Park's five kids. The two men are not sure this can work but find out together that maybe it was meant to be!
Lily

Another cute story in the Mannies Inc. series.
Tina
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5***** Love the Manny series!
Deb Stalker
Jun 18, 2017
Crystal Knowland
Sep 29, 2018
Natalie
rated it did not like it
Sep 05, 2018
Lesley
Jan 04, 2017
Krista
Jan 23, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Often referred to as "Space Cowboy" and "Gangsta of Love" while still striving for the moniker of "Maurice," Sean Michael spends his days surfing, smutting, organizing his immense gourd collection and fantasizing about one day retiring on a small secluded island peopled entirely by horseshoe crabs. While collecting vast amounts of vintage gay pulp novels and mood rings, Sean whiles away the hours ...more

Mannies Incorporated (6 books)
  • Mannies Incorporated (Mannies Incorporated #1)
  • A Family of His Own (Mannies Incorporated #2)
  • And Manny Makes Seven (Mannies Incorporated #3)
  • Three to Get Ready (Mannies Incorporated, #4)
  • Composing a Family (Mannies Incorporated, #6)