Start by marking “His Topaz (The Jeweled Ladies, #1)” as Want to Read:
His Topaz (The Jeweled Ladies, #1)

His Topaz

(The Jeweled Ladies #1)

A widowed Civil War veteran, Matthew Hawkins doesn’t know what to expect from a night at the Jeweled Ladies. All he wants is one night to feel like a man again. But when he’s paired with Miss Topaz Gold, he’s stunned by how deeply she makes him feel.

Former mail-order bride Millie Townsend came to the Jeweled Ladies and gave up her name because she thought it was the key to
Published January 2017

To ask other readers questions about His Topaz, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Topaz

Start your review of His Topaz (The Jeweled Ladies, #1)
🌟Head in the Stars🌟
Surprisingly good. Definitely could have been longer. There were two loose ends that had the potential for good conflict and resolution.
Coco.V
Aug 06, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (8/6/2020)! 🎁
Penelope Peters
Aug 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book - it was a quick, easy read, and the characters were all immensely likable. the only reason I'm giving it four stars instead of 5 is because I was surprised at the amount of sex-work shaming that was going on for the first in a series about a Western brothel - especially given that there's much made of the girls working there being there of their own free will. It's probably an important distinction that the only real shaming going on was from the two MCs themselves - ...more
Nothing Like A Great Book
Just enough to hold my interest, but as I wouldn’t read it again, it can’t rate higher than 3*. It’s a 2.5* rounded up. It was an Amazon Freebie.

There’s holes in the story, not least an explanation as to what the h’s brother hates her and treats her cruelly. If he hates her so much, is it realistic to think he’d leave Boston to look for her ‘out West’? Surely, he’d be glad to see the back of her? And what about her money in the Bank, she’s scared to touch? And other stuff like we’re told initia
Jun 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book one in The Jeweled Ladies series. Can be read and enjoyed as stand-alone. Novella length told in dual POV with HEA. Each book about a different lady from the Jeweled Ladies brothel with secondary characters the same throughout the series. Topaz and Matthew are both new to the brothel and spend their night getting to know one another and leaves them each wanting more. I loved the intimacy they shared, and their beautiful epilogue!
Stephanie
I am in a generous mood - so His Topaz will be receiving two stars from me. It was a very quick, straight forward read with very simple characters, conflict, and plot. Now I just gotta read through books 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6...

Wish me luck :P
Wendy Ory
Feb 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!!

This is the first book I have read bye this author. This is a story of how Millie came to be working in a house of ill repute and how Matthew fell in love with her. It has a very heartwarming ending that readers will enjoy.
Kay
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet love again

So very far out of my genre field but... oh so worth reading! I love Millie, Matthew and Jed. They’re sweet enough to crack even the oldest heart. And the ending brought tears, it was so beautiful. I really must read the next one.
Angel Wolfe
Dec 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Nice erotic historical short story. Wish the story went on and on. Loved reading it and was surprised when it ended.
Sherry Bohrmueller
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great story. The story was a quick, steamy read. Can't wait to read the next in the series. ...more
Esther Tyler
Jul 09, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
only a couple of pages in, the language and situations proved to not be the clean romance it was touted to be so I deleted it.
Dana Redding
Oct 11, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Honestly it’s not a clean story. Filled with adult situations and content.
Hope Helvie

mypuflu9 injunction
Mary
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-books
This is the start of a new historical erotica series by Maggie Chase. The series follows the various ladies of the evening at the Jeweled Ladies brothel in a small Texas town. The Jeweled Ladies may be the best brothel in all of the west. All the ladies are skilled at what they do, and unlike most whore houses, these ladies are all here by their own choice. They make a good living, and many are saving for the day when they can eventually move on to better lives.

The lady known as Topaz Gold thou
Mar 08, 2021
Dana
Jan 12, 2021
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Abby: Mail Order Bride (Unconventional, #1)
  • Pioneer Dream (The O'Rourke Family Montana Saga, #1)
  • Daliah (Brides of Needful Texas, #1)
  • The Rancher's Second Chance: Rock Creek Ranch (Parker Ranches, Inc. Book 1)
  • Theodora (Lady Archer's Creed, #1)
  • Hanna The Helper (Twin Creek's Rain Ranch Romance Series Book 1)
  • A Lantern In the Window (Western Prairie Brides, #1)
  • With His Ring (The Brides of Bath, #2)
  • Katie (The Cattleman's Daughters #1)
  • A Blizzard of Western Romance: A Western Historical Romance Book
  • The Rancher's Mail-Order Bride (Bachelors of Shotgun Ridge, #1)
  • The Bride Price (Misled Mail Order Brides, #1)
  • Mail Order Bride 4 Book Box Set (Faith Creek Brides #1)(Sun River Brides #1)(Silver River Brides #1)(Ruby Springs Brides #1)
  • Lead Me Into Temptation (Gold Dust Brides, #1)
  • The School Mistress (Emerson Pass Historicals #1)
  • A Lady's Luck (Devilish Lords, #4; Bluestocking Battalion, #0.5)
  • Blinded By Love (Mail Order Bride: Brides of the West #1)
  • Hell Hath No Fury (Devilish Debutantes, #1)
Who is Maggie Chase? Writer, reader, crafter—Maggie has told a lot of different stories a lot of different ways, but the Jeweled Ladies series marks her first foray into historical western erotica. Maggie passionately believe that every single person deserves their own happily-ever-after and her stories reflect that hope on the page.

When not writing as Maggie Chase, Sarah M. Anderson is an award-

The Jeweled Ladies (6 books)
  • Their Emerald (The Jeweled Ladies, #2)
  • Her Ebony (The Jeweled Ladies, #3)
  • His Sapphire (The Jeweled Ladies, #4)
  • His Crown Jewel (The Jeweled Ladies, #5)
  • His Diamond (The Jeweled Ladies Book, #6)