Start by marking “Duched (Duched #1)” as Want to Read:
Duched (Duched #1)

Duched

(Duched #1)

Brie Sanders' entire life is on the brink of change. Her college graduation is just a few months away, she has no idea what to do with her life when the degree is in her hands, and is most likely going to be kicked out of her apartment when her best friend's boyfriend moves in.

Enter One Nightstand King, Kellan Kenningston, who also happens to be a real life prince as well
Published January 12th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Duched, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Duched

Zandra
King Kenneth? In the infamous words of Ms. Cookie Tookie, “B*tch, stop playing in my face.” Child, I’m tapping out. I so cannot with this book!

Picture, if you will, a world where people can not tell the difference between chocolate and latte. Everyone speaks like they are in a never-ending episode of Gilmore Girls, and there’s actually a king named Kenneth. King Kenneth sounds like that dude always shooting dice at the corner store. Child, please.

Miss me with the heroine and the hero. They can b
Dawn
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh this one.....WOW! I really love this couple! Brie is such a sharp tongued, easy to love, down to earth girl. Kellen is a full of himself, high on himself, immature, playboy. And who better to tell him all that then Brie!

Prince/Duke Kellen Kensington was born to a life of privilege. Literally with a silver spoon in his mouth. Never following anyones rules or having to appoligize or even feel guilty about anything. He goes thru life partying and playboying and doesn't care what anyone thinks of
Monique
Jun 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Duched: Book 1 in the Duched series

Typical fare from Xavier Neal told using the 1st and 2nd point-of-view technique. If this is your first time reading her works, it may take a moment to adjust, but you'll get there. For regular readers of her work, Duched is an entertaining story, but it's nothing you haven't read before within this genre and/or from this author. The end could have been cut in places; I think it ran a bit longer than necessary. Also, the grammar within the dialogue seemed off i
Genevieve Woods
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A heartwarming love story

Kellan is such a gentlemen,please tell the king it's 2017. I need for Prince Kris to step up and for Brie not to bail out. Loved the story it is a page turner.
Tish
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh no she didn't. Seriously nope not happening... grrrrr okay so while I'm fully aware my frustration doesn't actually count as a review its about all I can manage right now!!! Like seriously what, why, no! Don't make it end like this... when's the next part coming like now please... yep I'm sure this will be another knock out series from one of my all time fave authors :) #ThisIsGoingToBeASeriesRight
Heather andrews
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I liked that Brie could get Kellan off his game, "suddenly, she snaps, “First off, stop thinking about me naked.” Taken off guard, my own mouth cracks open." I don't think Kellan realizes how different and unique is woman is, especially when he asks her about activities, "I fold my arms firmly across my chest. “Let me get this right. I offer you a summer on a yacht and you would rather spend an afternoon staring at paintings?”Brie eagerly nods. “You're serious? You'd rather spend a single aftern ...more
Lee
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Royal stars!

Kellan Kenningston has it all from money to girls and everything he ever wanted…… or does he?
Descending from a royal bloodline Kellan has to play by rules of his birthright as a prince. But Kellan doesn't do rules, he breaks them. Blonde tall, blue eye sexy and dreamy - kissable lips- prince who all he wants is have fun. Until he meets a nonsense girl that won't take any of his b.s. Is she the salvation he desperately needed in his life?

Brie Sanders a hard working Art majoring c
Chandra Johnson
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
wow

i thought i was reading about a school aged girl she has to the worse ive read in a long while: the constant complaints about the price of his clothes, his past , my all time favorite the fruits and vegetables come on she did show maturity the final two pages and of course its a cliff hanger so i don't know how long it will be until the next
Linda Cotter
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Xavier Neal grabs your attention and shows you a man who is more than his persona, and the woman who helps bring that out in him. Fun, heart-warming and somber, she brings all the feels with this one. Cannot wait for book 2!!!
Keri Grammer
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
For once I actually love both main characters, and this book was just another in a long list of amazing reads by Xavier. Absolutely loved it. I hate the cliff hangers though, they will be the death of me!
Eva Mcfarden
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Eva by: Review for Hashtag Minxes

### 5 ###

Written with the reader involved. Loved how Xavier included the reader during this book. With a new twist to really have the reader feel as if they are there with the characters. Having each character bringing their own sense to the way the reader is actually feeling is a first for me. The overwhelming feeling of being in the midst of all that is during the story is an interesting perspective. Finding the humor in these interactions is one way the
Jennifer Dale
3.5 Stars.

Brie - brink of being a college graduate. No clue of what she wants to do once that happens. Smart girl with a back bone. Her and her BFF live together. Therefore, BFF's boyfriend is over alot. They are all very wity and funny to each other.

Kellan - Good looking, Badd A$$ prince, that gets around alot. Him and his brother have a wity, sarcastic and Real relationship. Him and his dad don't get along. Kellan leaves for the states to participate in a Run that supports Cancer. His partner
Kristina
May 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Duched is a romantic, fun story. I love contemporary romances with a little something extra in them. This book definitely falls under that category. I love tales where the handsome prince falls in love with a woman that is his complete opposite. Watching them fall in love throughout the story was magical and felt real. These characters, while polar opposites, mesh together so very well.

I enjoyed that both racial and political aspects were brought up later in the novel. While political stuff see
Cherryl Montgomery
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
The real world is cruel

That is what Prince Kellen Kenningston Duke of Ductenn is finding out. He's been sheltered and coddled and the reality of what kind of life Brie Sanders has to endure solely on the color of her skin hits him hard. Brie had misgivings about getting involved with the playboy Prince at first but fell heard over heels. No other man ever made her feel the way that Kellen does. Kellen has never been in love before. He's only had a series of one night stands. He feels like a fail
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I’m in love with this book. I’m in love with this book and I’m in love with these characters. Brie and Kellan were just awesome, I laughed and laughed at these two. The witty dialogue from both had me laughing out loud; their banter is what sealed it for me. Give me characters that are smooth talkers and funny as hell and I’m sold. They were the perfect not-perfect couple. The chemistry these two have is HOT and makes you want to keep reading.

I always enjoy the writing style of Xavier Neal. She
Cherye Elliott
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun Read

One thing I absolutely love about this author. I even emailed her (yes, I got a response) to ask a question. Ms. Neal has a way with words. She is very descriptive and when I read, I can close my eyes and actually see the characters, the landscapes, etc...... one thing she does which is so unique is if a character is a person of color it isn't the focus. It isn't a big deal. It doesn't make a difference. It is just who the character is. This book is a little different from her others. Sh
Valerie Foley
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yes! I’m here for it

Nicely executed Ms. Neal. I’m reading this series until the 3rd installment of the MC Misfits resume worth King’s Legacy and until then, this series has me hooked! Can’t wait to see what the next book has in store. I like Brie bc she is a bit like many of us women, quirky, playful, determined, and strong. I want her to get her HEA. I love the combated racial undertones that the main characters face and try to over come. I just hope Kellan does not give up so easily in the nex
Erin Hurst
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Crazy good book. What a way to start off my 2017 in reading!!

The book starts with Brie who is about to graduate college and not sure what direction to go with her life. At an art show she meets a man that follows her around being a tad obnoxious not taking her hints she is not interested. Kellen is not used to this and is intrigued by how smart and sarcastic Brie is.
What Brie doesn’t know is that she is turning down a real life prince who is also a duke. It is so fun to watch Kellan and Brie f
Gina StyleRocks
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing read!  I loved it from the beginning to the end.  I was not expecting a cliffhanger, but it is all good.  I cant wait to read book 2.  I loved Brie and Kellan!  She is a sassy Art student and he is a playboy prince.  They had great chemistry.  The love they have for each other is beautiful and I hope that in spite of what they face, things will work out for them.  The are definitely meant to be.  Great job, Xavier Neal.  Please don't make us wait too long for book 2.

I receiv
Vermeekea
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Book

This book was so good. I can feel the love between the two, Kellan and Brie, as l read it. There we a lot of funny moments while touching on issues that we experience today with diversity and accepting someone who is different only by color of a person skin. It is crestfallen that the two can't be together because of how society feels about accepting someone who is really not different but not the same skin tone. The money, status, or education didn't matter more than the color of ones
Gladys
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Duched (Duched #1) by Xavier Neal is a good read. Book is focused on a well crafted and emotionally intense romance. This romance is complicated and severely tested simply because it is an interracial couple. Realistic and so emotionally engaging, this book makes it so easy to fall in love with Kellen & Brie and truly understand the pain & frustration they are forced to suffer through. I am posting an honest review after reading an ARC copy of this book.
Latrice
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pissed

I'm so angry that I didn't see this darn cliffhanger it's not even funny. While X is becoming one of my top five favorite authors to read I cannot stand the facts I'm already invested in the Prince and Bries story. Just have to wait I guess. I'm just hoping the ball isn't dropped on this, that their story isn't forgotten and I don't have to wait a lifetime to get my conclusion. Tell tell signs of good writing I guess. Doesn't mean I have to like it lol.
Sammie Shorter
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved Kellan...

Wow, what an emotional read towards the end. Kellan is a cocky and arrogant person but his feelings for Brie always rang true. What an emotional cliffhanger!!! I am eagerly waiting to see how they defeat these obstacles and reach their happily ever after because they are so deserving. It was absolutely great to see a glimpse of Merrick and Jovi's life. They are still going strong!!! Hope the wait isn't long for part 2.
Jackie Bragg
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

Xavier I love this series so far. Brie and Kellan have a amazing chemistry, especially how they talked to each other it's a HOOT. His brother and his Wife are so Adorable..But his dad, come on now. I understand he has obligation too his country but DAMN let them be. I CREID when she had to let him go. Bring them back together. Well off to book 2 😆😆😆😆😆😘😘😘😘😘😘
M
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
😌😌😌

This is a very good story, Lots going on great character building great depth it was just sad the way it ended so it’s hard to say much more about the story.
I’m hoping the next one is a bit more cheerful. The fact that racism is still a major force in this world is just plain sad!
Channell Daniels
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love them so much

I never ecspected him to fall thos hsrd,,y girl is so hell bent on being common.^ Wow this is the first book thats got me so emotional. Ive laugh at ther anticts,silly jokes, fell in love with them. I bet this is what our American Princess Megan has had to deal with. I pray for her and Harry.
Wendy W
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
My first Xavier Neal book and the way she writes the story took some getting used to. But after the first 30-40 pages it clicked and I enjoyed the story. Both hero and heroine are fun characters particularly Brie who is really a strong independent woman.
Dawn
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Diva's review! *****Feel good read!!!!!! Absolutely loved this book from the first page! Not a fan of the cliff hangers but this series is a must even with the cliff hanger! The characters in this book draw you in and you become part of the book. One of my favorite parts is how Xavier Neal breaks the 4th wall and talks directly to the reader! This really got my attention because most of the remarks were spot on! The banter between Kellan and Brie is hilarious! They push each other outside of the ...more
Ally
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loving Royalty

This is a must read, especially with the characters including and talking directly to the reader. Kellan and Brie are adorable and you know you want to fight for their love to conquer all!
Benita Cleaves
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting

This ended up being an interesting read after the first couple of chapter's almost lost me. I liked the playful banter between the characters especially Kellan and Kristopher. The story really gets interesting when the Prince introduces Brie to the king.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Existential (Fallen Aces MC, #4)
  • Loner (Nomad, #4)
  • Deathstalkers MC Box Set Books 1-3
  • Flamed with Courage (Cash Bar #3)
  • Doc Marshall: Skulls The Early Years (Skulls MC Romance Book 1)
  • His Lady (Wounded Souls, #4)
  • Unhinged (Iron Bulls MC #5)
  • Below The Line (Devil's Due MC, #2)
  • Wolf (Hellbound Lovers MC, #1)
  • Inciting a Riot (Riot MC, #2)
  • Seduced by Sin (An Unlikely Hero, #3)
  • Their Virgin PA (A Virgins Standalone)
  • Bare Yourself (Consumed, #2)
  • Dragon Claimed (Dark Kings #14.5)
  • Hard Road (The Untouchables MC, #4)
  • Personal Challenges (Personal #4)
  • Unfinished Business (Bastards MC: Book 1)
  • Their Spoiled Virgin [MFM] (Twin Brothers, #2)
Xavier Neal is an Amazon Bestselling Author who has published over fifty works to date.

Her next release, King's Legacy (Camelot Misfits #3), is coming in JUNE!

Amazon: https://amzn.to/2KAOA4z
Facebook: http://bit.ly/2K2UfBe
Instagram: http://bit.ly/2IkkG1K
Bookbub: http://bit.ly/2KA7tEW
Books+Main: http://bit.ly/2ZiuUH3

Wanna stay up to date on my work?

LIST OF

Duched (3 books)
  • Royally Duched (Duched #2)
  • Royally Duched Up (Duched #3)