Start by marking “Hedgehog Wisdom: Little Reasons to Smile” as Want to Read:
Hedgehog Wisdom: Little Reasons to Smile

Hedgehog Wisdom: Little Reasons to Smile

Let's get quilly! Based on the popular Huffy Hedgehogs Instagram, Hedgehog Wisdom is filled with pictures of the most adorable prickly pets as they dress up, chow down, and make you laugh out loud, all while promoting positive thinking and good vibes. Though spiny, huffy, and timid, these little pincushion creatures are too sweet for words, and will win your heart in no ...more
Published August 22nd 2017 by Rock Point

To ask other readers questions about Hedgehog Wisdom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hedgehog Wisdom

Start your review of Hedgehog Wisdom: Little Reasons to Smile
Dash fan
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Fab feel good quotes, Adorable pictures

Absolutely loved reading Hedgehog Wisdom, Full of positivity and adorable pictures of Huff and Marshmallow Fluff.

Unfortunately Huff is no longer with us, so I felt even more privalaged to be sharing he's gorgeous pictures and being part of something very special.

The feel good positive quotes featured some very clever references to our hedgehog pals Huff and Fluff.
Several of the Quotes were followed by the most beautiful photographs to accompany the
Nenia ⚡ Aspiring Evil Overlord ⚡ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

This is one of those books that you can find in gift shops & the like. I think they're called "novelty books" and they don't really serve any purpose beyond giving as gifts and/or keeping on a coffee table as a cute conversation starter.

HEDGEHOG WISDOM features two African pygmy hedgehogs, one gray and one white. Interspersed with the various hedgehog glamor shots are feel-good quotes that are designed to be either comforting or
Jen
Sep 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This was a very cute and quick read. The pictures were my favorite part. Sometimes the words that went with the pictures didn't quite gel together, but it wasn't too bad. My sympathies to the author with the loss of her one hedgehog. I had two and both have since passed. They are adorable and sweet pets. Never here long enough.

This is more of a 3.5 than 3 star book, but no half star options and it wasn't quite a four star. Recommended more in book form, to better see the pictures with the
Kristin Davison
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
I would like to thank netgalley and Quarto Publishing Group - Rock Point for the opportunity to read this book.

This is full of cute little hedggy pictures and little reasons to smile. It will make you smile.

For more information on hedgehogs and how to protect them follow: https://www.britishhedgehogs.org.uk/
Jeimy
Aug 09, 2017 rated it liked it
These little guys grow on you page after page.
GONZA
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
With the exception of some very cute pictures of hedgehogs this can be considered a useless Book.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!
Jodi
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It's full of adorable photos of the hedgehogs, in between pages with good advice and pick me ups. Certainly made me smile and I will be buying copies for my fellow hedgehog loving friends.
Sharon Tyler
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hedgehog Wisdom: Little Reasons to Smile by Carolyn Parker is based on the popular Huffy Hedgehogs Instagram. The book is filled with pictures of the most adorable prickly pets as they dress up, chow down, and make you laugh out loud, all while promoting positive thinking and good vibes. Though spiny, huffy, and timid, these little pincushion creatures are too sweet for words, and will win your heart in no time!

Hedgehog Wisdom: Little Reasons to Smile is a fun and sweet little book that offers
Aug 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: net-galley
This is a novelty idea for a book based on two very sweet pigmy hedgehogs! The pictures are absolutely adorable, with more than enough to satisfy your need for cuteness. The layout is great, with lots of colourful patterns and I particularly look how the photos have been made in places to look as though they are polaroids. There are lots of topics covered with some handy motivational quotes, all with some degree of play on words to make reference to animals or hedgehogs. Short, sweet wisdom ...more
Samuel
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hedgehogs
I love hedgehogs and collect hedgehog books, so I couldn't resist picking this one up.

The photography is really well done! As someone who has hedgehogs of my own, I can tell you from experience that they're not the easiest creatures to photograph, so Carolyn Parker deserves some serious respect for getting such amazing shots of them. Really, it's the pictures that elevate this to a four-star book for me. Definitely glad I grabbed this one for my collection!
Donna Maguire
This book has some cute images of two little African Hedgehogs but the book really reminded me of the style and type of book that you find in gift shops or garden centres that get given as birthday or Christmas presents. It has a few good quotes but I did expect more from it. Good as a gift for some but not something you'd read more than once - and if I'm honest, not something personally I'd give as a gift either.
Schizanthus
Aug 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This is an adorable gift book. Whether you're buying it for yourself or someone else, you can't help smiling at the innate cuteness of Huff and Puff, the two models in Hedgehog Wisdom. Accompanied by pick me ups to bring you out of a dark day or to remind you of the good in your life, you'll fall in love with these spiky fluffballs.

I received an ARC from NetGalley (thank you very much to NetGalley and Quarto Publishing Group - Rock Point) in exchange for honest feedback.
Claire
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: animals, arcs
An adorable book full of hedgehog photos paired with positive affirmations. While reading through , I kept imagining it being a good book to have at your desk for you to flip through when you're having a really tough day at work. Cute hedgehogs championing positive thinking? A perfect combination to make your bad day a little better.
Nettie
Aug 09, 2017 rated it did not like it

Cute but not cute enough.The words of wisdom were all things that have been said a million times before, with nothing original or funny to make them interesting. And dont ask me how they did it, but a couple of times they managed to make hedgehogs appear quite ugly.
Jenny Houle
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, smashbomb
I received a free copy of this book from NetGalley for an unbiased opinion.

Carolyn Parker embraced a rising internet trend (using cute animals to cheer people up) by introducing us to her hedgehogs: Hodge Huffington and Marshmallow Fluff. The entire book is an adorable photo of either Hodge or Marshmallow alongside a little snipbit bit of advice.

It's definitely a kitschy little book, but adorable nonetheless, and will make a great gift for someone who just needs a reminder to smile.
Margo
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
My son really enjoyed this book, great book for little ones
Marianne
Nov 24, 2017 rated it liked it
the wisdom wasn't particularly wise but the hedgehog pictures are astoundingly cute. averages out to a 3.5 because the pictures get a heavier weighting :D.
Jul 25, 2019
Melissa Tevlin
Nov 09, 2019
Michelle Daly
Aug 10, 2017

• Many Ways to Say I Love You: Wisdom for Parents and Children from Mister Rogers
  • The Curse of the Blue Figurine (Johnny Dixon, #1)
  • Chosen People (Chosen People #1)
  • The Babysitters Club
  • Murder in the Locked Library (Book Retreat Mysteries, #4)
  • Dragonhearts
  • The Mulligans of Mt. Jefferson
  • The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein
  • My Age of Anxiety: Fear, Hope, Dread, and the Search for Peace of Mind
  • Home Work: A Memoir of My Hollywood Years
  • Book Boyfriend (Book Boyfriends, #1)
  • Pan's Labyrinth: The Labyrinth of the Faun
  • Requited Hood
Carolyn Parker was born and raised in Houston, TX and eventually found herself living in Salt lake City, UT. While attending the University of Utah, Carolyn discovered a passion for photographing animals. Her first book, "Hedgehog Wisdom: Little Reasons to Smile," showcases her quirky sense of humor while expressing her own relationship with mental health and wellness techniques. Each photograph ...more