Start by marking “Rise of the Isle of the Lost (Descendants #3)” as Want to Read:
Rise of the Isle of the Lost (Descendants #3)

Rise of the Isle of the Lost (Descendants #3)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  2,217 Ratings  ·  286 Reviews
Ride with the tide!

Deep beneath the waves, King Triton’s powerful trident has passed through the magical barrier that surrounds the Isle of the Lost—keeping villains in and magic out. And when Mal’s longtime rival Uma, daughter of Ursula, gets wind of this, she can’t believe her luck. The tide has dragged in something good for a change, and Uma is determined to get her wi
Published May 23rd 2017 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Rise of the Isle of the Lost, please sign up.
Jessica It takes place before. The author said on her twitter to read Rise of the Isle of the Lost and then watch Descendants 2.

Jessica
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: disney, fantasy
I have no idea why I like these books so much but I do. I'm 22 and should have grown out of watching DCOMS by now. I guess you're never too old for Disney.

This was a great follow up to the last book and a great set up for the movie.

I thought this was another solid book in the series/franchise. I liked that Lonnie was in this because she is one of my favorites. I also liked the new characters and can't wait to see them in the movie.

All in all, it was an enjoyable read for Descendants fans.
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
Final review, first posted on Fantasy Literature. Note: My FanLit editor specifically requested that I turn my review of this third book into a review of the entire series, so this review discusses all three books (so far) as well as the related TV musical films and other media tie-ins. But, full disclosure, I've only actually read this third book in full, though I've read excerpts of the other books and watched a bit of the movie.

description
Evie, Mal, Carlos and Jay

Disney’s THE DESCENDANTS series of inte
Katie
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
These books are a guilty pleasure of mine. I'm a huge Disney fan, and I love the Descendants movies, and so it's not much of a surprise that I also love these books.

While for some reason, these books are marketed as YA, they are really more middle grade. It's not an amazing book by any standard, except that I just really enjoyed it and it made me happy. I think books like these are good for those times - when you want something that's fun, even if it's not the best thing ever.

I recommend this s
♥Booknerdswift♥
May 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-books
Can't wait! Why am I just finding out about it now though?! Also, I thought Gaston had twin boys, both named Gaston and looked it up, and it said Harriet instead of Harry. Is Harry a shorter version?
Kayla
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rise of the Isle of the Lost by Melissa de la Cruz follows Mal and her friends as they look for King Neptunes trident. They are against the clock and against Mals arch nemesis Uma and her first love Harry.

CHARACTERS-
I love all the descendants. The four of them are just perfect.
I hate uma, I just did not like her attitude and her personality. I did love Harry though and he was just so dreamy and flirty and perfect. I can't wait to see him in the movie especially since he will be played by Thomas
Rozus
Feb 08, 2017 marked it as to-read
AMAZING COVER

description
Andrea
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017-read, trash
Definitely the worst of the series. I was so freaking bored with this book! It seemed to take forever for things to happen. All of the chapters were super short and it felt like nothing happened except for like ch. 33-35 or so. And this really had promise, but it dropped the ball. Still want to see the Disney interpretations though.
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 3.25/5

Review to come!
Hannah
Jun 17, 2017 rated it liked it
This was another good read in the series. I will admit it wasn't as good as the others. The reason for that was that it spent more time with the villains rather than the other guys. I'm hoping that there will be another book. Especially with the ending being what it was.
Mileena
Rise of the Isle of the Lost
4.5/5 stars

This was my most anticipated release of the year so I'm both excited and kinda sad right now to have finished it.

The Plot/ Summary: (this section is gonna be a little different than usual as I basically wrote notes throughout reading to not forget anything in the future. Everything that's mapped out I loved, the cons are separated)

-Uma + Mal are ex BFF (flashback)

-Starts off to Rotten Four partying with the mermaids (seaside festival)
-Random storm happens
Jessica Hansen
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: For the young and the young at heart
I really enjoy the Descendants series. It's surely something for children but it's nice and lovely to read. If I compare it to adult books or YA it sure is not on the same level but for a children book I think 4 stars are appropriate.
Natalie
May 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Definitely not as good as the first two, but still enjoyable.

There was a lack of humor in this story. I had a few laughs here and there but nothing like the first two. There were also less interactions with main Disney characters. For example, Ursula is not in the book at all except for one tentacle. I don't think she says anything either. I found Jafar and the Evil Queen funny and entertaining in the first book and I would have liked some humorous interactions between Ursula and her daughter.
Kieli Jo
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really love this book series I just don't want to watch the movies that go along with them :(
Emma Sonck
Jul 14, 2017 rated it liked it
This was my least favorite book of the descendants series. I can't wait for the movie though. They are cheesy middle grade, but if your a huge Disney fan like me you'll love these.
Myndi
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I will always be a Disney Girl at heart. If you're like me, you'll want to devour this Descendants series (and even watch the Disney Channel movies, they're honestly great!) Each volume adds at least one new character who is a descendant (of course) of one of the Disney movie characters. This one, if not obvious by the cover, introduces us to Ursula's daughter. I am a HUGE mermaid fan, and The Little Mermaid is probably my all time favorite movie, so I was very excited for this book. There is ve ...more
Elaina
Liked that we got some new characters in this book :) I also liked all the cute moments with Ben and Mal...and even some of the other minor characters ^_^ It still wasn't anything spectacular, but it was a pretty quick read. It says it took me three days, but that's just because I've been busy lately and haven't had as much time to read as I've wanted to. I don't know which is my favorite of the series yet...I'll have to think about it a little more :P Not the greatest book I have ever read, but ...more
Книжни Криле
Лято е. И ако нямате собствен остров, или пък не можете да си позволите поне да си починете на някой такъв, то ние имаме за вас друго предложение. Едно приказно местенце, откъснато от света, на което ние сме готови да се изгубим вече за трети път в компанията на Наследниците на Дисни. Курс към „Възходът на Острова на изгубените” от Мелиса де ла Круз! Прочетете ревюто на "Книжни Криле":

Megan (ReadingRover)
Another exciting book in the series though I do wish everything wasn’t so easily solved, wrapped up so neatly and tied in a bow. It just seemed to work out too well. There was basically no conflict. Even the villains didn’t have a tough time. The next in the series can’t come soon enough. Unfortunately for this one the movie stole the limelight.
Rachel Meyer
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think this was my favorite Descendants novel yet. All the elements came together really well making for a page-turning read.

The character continue to be great. It's fun to see the VKs outside of the movies and let you see into their heads. It was also awesome to learn more about the new VKs, Uma, Harry, and Gil. De la Cruz does a great job writing these books and tying them into the movies.

The plot was well paced and leads perfectly up to Descendants 2. Mal and Uma's rivalry is great, plus I l
Dayeon☾
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Super fun! If you read the first two books, it will be very very amazingly fun for you! Also, there is a movie!!!
Andrea
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
alot better than the 2nd book, very enjoyable. I am addicted to this series for some reason ! :)
Grace
Jul 14, 2017 rated it liked it
I personally don't like the prequels to Descendants because I think it's a little stretch to the movie, but I thought this one prevailed. It was pretty interesting to read it before I knew what was gonna happen in the movie. In the first prequel, I only had the chance to read it after I saw the movie, so it kinda ruined the vibe. I liked this one because it's a better intro to the new VK's and I good book to read right before the movie.
Melissa Hamm
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book and the world. I'm so happy there's going to be a 4th book next year. (reason it took so long is I'm a mood reader who got distracted by other books. :)
Debbie
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it!

My daughter and I love reading these books together! "It was exciting and leads you big cliffhangers!" Per my 9 1/2 year old daughter.
Leah
Jun 18, 2017 rated it liked it
While I did enjoy this book, it definitely wasn't as enjoyable as the first two books in this series. This book has too many characters to follow, and I didn't like the Uma storyline. That fell flat for me. The other set of characters were still fun to read about. I won't watch the movie, but if there's another book in this series, I will probably read it.
Trisha  (The Tea Reader)
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
I’m so glade that I finally read Rise of the Isle of the Lost, especially before Descendants 2 premiers on Disney Channel on July 21st. This book did have some high points and some low points like most books, but here is what I thought of this one.

So Rise of the Isle of the Lost picks up only a few days after the events of the second book Return to the Isle of the Lost. There was some major character development in this book, I thought that this was mostly shown in Mal and Jay, (I do think that
Sharon Mariampillai
Actual Rating: 4.5

This was a fantastic read. I did read the series a bit out of order. I watched the first movie, then read the first book, then the second, then watched the second movie, and finally read the third book. Even though, I did not read the series in the correct order, I still was able to follow what was happening. I think it is unique to have a book series and film series co-exist during the same time because it makes the story more interesting. I do have to say, I thought this book
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Amazing! I hope she makes another one. I completed it in one day(I'm a fast reader).
Annette
Mar 22, 2018 rated it liked it
I bought the boxset with all three stories in English over a year ago already, but didn't get the chance to read the last one, the only one I hadn't read yet. And to be honest, I don't know what it was but somehow this book was not as good as the others.

It was still an amusing and entertaining read. I loved Mal's struggles with being the only one in her group sometimes longing to the Isle and the clear bridge this book forms between the first movie and the second. I also really love Carlos and J
Shelby Ibarra
Jul 19, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm rating this book 3 stars instead of 4 stars only because it's very clear that this book is just setting up the story for the movie Descendants 2. Nothing big or major happens throughout the entire book, with the excitement happening only in the last 50 pages or so.

Even so, you definitely get to explore more of the lands that make up Auradon, meet more of the citizens, and see more of the relationships between them all. Characters like Lonnie and Jane definitely play in bigger role in this b
Melissa de la Cruz is the New York Times and USA Today best-selling author of many critically acclaimed and award-winning novels for teens including The Au Pairs series, the Blue Bloods series, the Ashleys series, the Angels on Sunset Boulevard series and the semi-autobiographical novel Fresh off the Boat.

Her books for adults include the novel Cat’s Meow, the anthology Girls Who Like Boys Who Like
More about Melissa de la Cruz

Descendants (4 books)
  • The Isle of the Lost (Descendants, #1)
  • Return to the Isle of the Lost (Descendants, #2)
  • Untitled (Descendants #4)
“Jane” 0 likes
“books are passports to a deeper knowledge and understanding of the world” 0 likes