Start by marking “Spider-Man/Spider-Gwen: Sitting in a Tree” as Want to Read:
Spider-Man/Spider-Gwen: Sitting in a Tree

Spider-Man/Spider-Gwen: Sitting in a Tree

(Spider-Man (2016) (Collected Editions) #2.5)

K-I-S-S-I-N-G! That’s just one of the things that makes this a very modern Marvel team-up, as the two most sensational web-spinners of the 21st century cross paths — and lock lips! Miles Morales and Gwen Stacy are two young heroes from different Earths, but what threat could unite the Spider-Man and Spider-Woman of the new generation? The answer will rock both their worlds ...more
Published May 30th 2017 by Marvel (first published May 17th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Spider-Man/Spider-Gwen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spider-Man/Spider-Gwen

Start your review of Spider-Man/Spider-Gwen: Sitting in a Tree
Chad
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Miles Morales's dad has disappeared while working for SHIELD so Miles goes looking for him on Earth-65 (or Earth-GS as it always looks from the terrible font used in Spider-Gwen). He meets up with Spider-Gwen and they go look for him in a club that's owned by an evil version of his dad from Earth-65. He's hooked up with S.I.L.K. to steal more stuff from Earth-616. They end up dimension hopping while trying to stop S.I.L.K. and evil dad. Gwen and Miles connect even though he's jailbait. There's s ...more
Frédéric
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics, spidey
I hesitated between ok and cute vs boring and all over the place for 5 issues.
The presence of Spider-Ham- a character whose very existence is way beyond my understanding- in issue 6 just cut it out for me.
James DeSantis
Jul 21, 2018 rated it liked it
This was pretty cute.

So there's two sides to the story here. We go back and forth between two different writers telling one tale of Miles and Gwen teaming up. Who doesn't love a Spidy teamup? So Miles dad has gone missing and he has to start jumping realities. Soon up he meets up with Gwen and they begin whooping butt. However, is there love in the air?

Good: I like Miles and his boys. They feel like high school kids. Watching Gwen and Miles almost kiss, then kiss, and like each other a lot is
Malum
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
An ok crossover that kind of derails towards the end.

One of the main problems I had with this was the villain. He was just a guy. No special powers, no real gadgets (he had had some kind of shock vest that he used exactly once to very little effect). Despite this, Gwen and Miles still had to call in a bunch of help from the Spider-Verse so that they could...punch him better I guess? It didn't make much sense, because every time they met up with this guy they kicked the crap out of him no proble
Lashaan Balasingam (Bookidote)
A quick little crossover event post-Civil War II that gives us a glimpse into the multidimensional universe that is so crucial to Miles Morales's life. The story continues the sub-plot regarding his father and the secret mission he was sent off to do but also explores the romantic relationship between Spider-Man and Spider-Gwen.

This is cute in its own way but the choppy story sometimes gets in the way. Besides the romance that is teased here, fans of the Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)
Redfield Reads
Mar 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
Yikes this was bad.....

Spider Gwen did start out so well originally and has now turned into this.

Spider-Man not being PP is always not going to be as good too me but this could have been a good crossover.
Andrea Vega
Jul 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Read in single issues.
Wing Kee
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not what was promised, good but also meh.

World: The art is good, it's the regulars for both series and they both bring beautiful art to the table. The world building here is fairly interesting and mostly good for Gwen's book as it builds further the S.I.L.K storyline brewing there. But it is self contained and there are choppy bits here and there that don't really come together and can get confusing.

Story: The covers promised something and the book itself is another beast altogether. The idea of
Roxana Chirilă
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Oh, look, I've read another one of these - I promised myself I'd finish reading "Spider-Gwen" (the pre-Seanan Mcguire part) this year, let's see how it goes.

Well. It's not as good as it might be. Frankly, even though I'm enjoying it, I think it's more about wanting to enjoy it, rather than it truly, deeply being enjoyable. And there are Spiders from all sorts of comics series here, which is not improving the situation.

We have Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen, mentions of another Spider-Man and Spider-G
Dan
Dec 17, 2018 rated it liked it
more like a 2.5....meh had some aspects I enjoyed such as the team-up but then jumped to ridiculous matters.
Dan
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This crossover sees Spider-Man, Miles Morales, dimension-hop over to Earth-65 where he teams up with that world's Spider-Woman, Gwen Stacey. His Dad, now an agent of SHIELD, has gone missing. The two spider-people go off to look for him only to discover that Earth-65 has a Jefferson of it's own...

I thought this story worked well, even if it did use the hook of having the pair kiss. It comes across from the cover as a romance story but it's really not- the romantic moment is brief. The pair do ha
Shannon Appelcline
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, comics-marvel
Miles and Gwen! Totally cute! I'm absolutely shipping them after this crossover, and hope the authors will return to it in the future.

The story beyond that? It's OK. There's a lot of fun multi-dimensional hijinks. The trope of an evil doppelgänger in Gwen's dimension is a little overdone, and this volume pretty explicitly ends on a deus ex machina, but I enjoyed getting there, primarily due to the Gwen and Miles interactions.

So, call it 3.5 stars. Not the best material in either series, but stil
Emmett Spain
Apr 29, 2018 rated it liked it
A diverting, occasionally amusing piece filled with dimension-hopping shenanigans and a dash of budding romance. It was an okay read, but the romance was very lite, and the whole thing felt a bit underweight in the dramatic stakes department, despite some attempts to let us know that worlds hung in the balance. The outcome was never in doubt, and it felt that way at every turn, but it didn’t lack for breezy fun, so it made for a pleasant read.
Lisa
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love Spider Gwen!!! She is such a great character. This is the first that I have seen of Miles, but he did not let me down either. I love these spider people, and the multi verse. The graphics were great the story was easy to follow. This was so much fun.
Emily Randolph-Epstein
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this Spider-Gwen/Spider-Man team up. It was a rip-rolling transdimensional adventure with a strong emotional core. I thought the narrative style was particularly effective. I'd definitely be interested in seeing more Miles and Gwen adventures.
Rod Brown
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Time to go on a Bendis bender! (#5 of 8)

I am not a Spider-Gwen fan. Nor apparently am I a Jason Latour fan, because his half of the book was always worse than the Bendis half, though Bendis' half wasn't that good either. There's nothing here I want to remember.
Scott James
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
FANTASTIC FUN

This is one of the best, and most enjoyable, crossover comics I’ve read in a very long time. You can’t help but like Gwen and Miles together, and I read it straight through.

Pick this one up if you like being happy.
The Rudie Librarian (Brian)
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
What can I say? I am a sucker for romance. But I love this story and the struggle for Family even in the face of what members of your family could have been.
Clara
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Maybe closer to 3.5 stars? But I love Gwen Stacy, and I love Miles Morales, and I'm so glad this exists.
Liz (Quirky Cat)
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read Spider-Man/Spider-Gwen: Sitting in a Tree as single issues through Marvel Unlimited.

The Spider-Man/Spider-Gwen crossover is something that was heavily discussed and shared around the time it came out. I’m only now getting to that part in the series (I was behind on both Spider-Gwen and the Miles Morales series), but I’m pretty happy to finally see what all the fuss is about.
Before we get started though, I just want to say how much I love the cover on this volume. Regardless of what hap
Alex Sarll
I question the wisdom of putting Miles Morales in a dimension-hopping story when he's only just switched homeworlds himself and nobody including him seems to be aware of that in-story; you're pretty much popping a day-glo multiversal bonnet on the elephant in the room. But this crossover is a lot of fun nonetheless, simply because the two leads are such a good pairing. Indeed, as the title suggests, they may be an even better pairing than we thought. The tangled web of interdimensional espionage ...more
C. Scott
Oct 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Aw man, why does Miles's dream girl have to live in another dimension? This was great. I really enjoyed the obvious attraction between Miles and Spider Gwen in the Spiderverse movie, so it was great to see that developing here. They make a great team and I loved their chemistry. I also got a kick out of all the interdimensional hopping as well. The cover was so perfect... a reference to the famous Spider movie kiss with Kirsten Dunst... with both inverted! Clever.
Marsha Altman
Dec 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I wanted to rate this higher, but it is pretty hard to keep all of the alternate universes straight unless you're reading all of the different comics at the same time, which Marvel clearly expects you to be doing. I had this trouble with X-Men as a kid. Now I'm more willing to put up with it because I can just look stuff up on the internet, but it's frustrating.
Jason
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A bit rough around the edges. This was a crossover event spanning the Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen books so the narrative framing and art kept flipping around. Fun story but it is a shame the writers didn't try and work out a better or more consistent framework.
Nathan wilson
Sep 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lot of fun. They're a great fair.
Daniel Butcher
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: marvel
I liked where this is going...but at a certain point it relies heavily on the Spider-verse concept.
Chris Lemmerman
[Read as single issues]
I've had my issues with the Spider-Gwen series since it started, but Miles Morales' solo series has always been very good. Mashing the two of them together is an interesting experiment, but not one I'd like to see repeated any time soon.

When Miles' father goes undercover for SHIELD and subsequently disappears, Miles heads across dimensions to Spider-Gwen's Earth for a team-up that will bring him face to face with Gwen's world's version of his father, who isn't quite as nic
Iain
Dec 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
This was a surprise. I was familiar with it from seeing it in recommendations, but it's not one I ever considered spending money on, since it seems like just a cheap romance crossover sales gimmick. But I had the chance to read it free, so I gave it a go and was pleasantly surprised. I think my view of this is more positive than many because I came to it with an opposite perspective: others wanted what was promised and were disappointed, while I avoided it because of what it promised to be and w ...more
Christina Carter
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Spider-Man & Spider-Gwen, sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G!

My head was spinning in circles a bit with this one as Miles and Gwen popped in and out of the Multiverse. They were on a journey to find his dad who'd recently rejoined S.H.I.E.L.D. (in an effort to protect Miles). His dad had been on a covert mission to intercept a piece of tech that can unlock travel between multiple dimensions. Miles finds someone who appears to be his dad but might actually be a villain who is part of an interdimensi
Adam Graham
Nov 03, 2020 rated it liked it
This book crosses-over three issues of the Miles Morales Spider-man book and Spider-Gwen as Miles travels to Gwen Stacy's dimension, Earth-65. The story ahs some fun moments, particularly when we get into other characters from the Spider-verse getting involved.

So why don't I rate it higher?

Well, it does go on a bit long. There's not enough story here for six issues, it's padded. It also doesn't really advance the ongoing character arc of either character.

Here's the biggest problem. The book is
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Spider-Gwen, Vol. 4: Predators
  • Spider-Gwen, Vol. 3: Long-Distance
  • Spider-Gwen, Vol. 5: Gwenom
  • Spider-Gwen, Vol. 2: Weapon of Choice
  • Spider-Gwen, Vol. 6: The Life of Gwen Stacy
  • Spider-Women
  • Spider-Gwen, Vol. 1: Greater Power
  • Spider-Gwen, Vol. 0: Most Wanted?
  • Spider-Gwen: Ghost-Spider, Vol. 2: The Impossible Year
  • Spider-Geddon
  • Ghost-Spider, Vol. 1: Dog Days Are Over
  • Champions, Volume 2: The Freelancer Lifestyle
  • Spider-Geddon: Edge of Spider-Geddon

Spider-Man (2016) (Collected Editions) (4 books)
  • Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Vol. 1