Start by marking “Deadpool vs. The Punisher” as Want to Read:
Deadpool vs. The Punisher

Deadpool vs. The Punisher

(Deadpool vs. The Punisher #1-5)

It's the Merc with a Mouth vs. the One-Man Army! When a man known simply as the Bank hires Deadpool to kill Frank Castle, it should be a simple task for Wade Wilson to execute, right? Except taking out the Punisher is a lot harder than Deadpool could have anticipated--especially since he likes the Punisher. A straightforward job becomes a knock-down-drag-out fight as they ...more
Published September 12th 2017 by Marvel (first published August 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Deadpool vs. The Punisher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadpool vs. The Punisher

Sam Quixote
Apr 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Frank Castle follows the mob’s money to their head accountant, The Bank, and plans to deal organised crime a lethal blow by taking him out. The Bank also happens to be bros with Deadpool. Because see title of book. That’s right, it’s time for yet another “Deadpool Vs…” book and this time Marvel’s ever-popular chimichanga-chompin’ clown takes on ol’ grimpants skull-tee himself, The Punisher!

Aside from the odd clanger like Deadpool v Gambit, the Deadpool Vs series is mostly ok and Deadpool Vs The
Paul E. Morph
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This wasn’t too bad at all; it had a nice balance of Deadpool wackiness and Punisher grittiness and a decent enough plot. The artwork was solid, too, with some great page designs. For a ‘currently-popular-characters-crossover’ type book, it was surprisingly entertaining.
Chad
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Surprisingly, very good. The Bank is the world's biggest money launderer for super-crime so when the Punisher finds out who he is, who goes after him like white on rice. But it turns out he has a family and Deadpool is a family friend. What follows is 5 issues of trying to chase down the bank codes while being chased by hitmen. I loved the structure of the framing sequence, it was quite inventive. (view spoiler) ...more
Gianfranco Mancini

An hilarious an brutal blood-bath, so different from usual current Disney/Marvel comics for kids, some parts almost made me laugh to tears and I liked a lot Van Lente's depiction of Frank: a violent and brutal psychopath since before his family's death (he followed for good Ennis'one in The Punisher MAX: Born).
Sadly the whole storyline was far better than the ending where almost everything went downhill for me, otherwise this was going to be a full 5 stars review.
L. McCoy
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Deadpool and/or Punisher.
So I knew this would be good. My 2 favorite Marvel characters in one book!

What’s it about?
Punisher has a target, it turns out that said target is related to Deadpool. It however seems that they may or may not be on the same side. Will they fight or team up? Looks like a bit of both (makes more sense if you read it)!

Pros:
The story is interesting, funny, intense and well written.
The artwork is very good.
The characters are interesting. Then again, I just mentioned that the 2 main characters are my
Dimitris
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
FINALLY!

A FUN to read Deadpool mini series, after oh so many fucking boring as fucking fuck ones.
Quentin Wallace
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Punisher and Deadpool are similar yet incredibly different. Deadpool is a mixture of the Punisher, Spiderman and Wolverine, and the Punisher is...the Punisher. I've never really liked the idea of putting too much humor in a Punisher story, but in this case it worked okay. The Taskmaster also shows up and there's plenty of violence and bullets. Over the top, but entertaining with nice art.
Julio Bonilla
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Of course! He who has no honor can feel no shame!

I liked the 2 movie references at the end. 😁 One of which was from Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Bobby
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was way more fun than it had any right to be.

Joe Young
Dec 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Fred Van Lente - writer
Pere Perez - artist

Great art + meh story = this. I'm excited to see Perez's work elsewhere, but sadly his art is wasted here. Don't bother unless you are a big Deadpool fan.

3/5
Peter
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A funny, action packed story with everything you would expect from the punisher and deadpool.
Dan
Feb 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Better than most DP vs books but still just okay.
Corban Ford
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was surprisingly very good. A nice mix solid artwork, a decent plot, some Deadpool craziness and some Punisher grittiness. Laughed at more than a bit of the humor, and enjoyed this as a nice quick read at only 122 pages.
Nicole Westen
I didn't realize I could actually feel genuinely sorry for Deadpool. I mean, I've felt a little sorry for him before, but 90% it is kinda his fault.
Amy Braun
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was perfect. Everything I wanted, expected, and more. It was pure, simple, brutal, FUN. And it was freaking HILARIOUS. Honestly, I can't remember the last time a book made me laugh as hard as this one. And it wasn't just Deadpool's jokes cracking me up––The Punisher had some excellent quips as well! The story was well-written, exciting, and even added some cameos by villains into the mix. The ending kind of made me with for more, but honestly, I had so much fun reading this that I don't hav ...more
Phillip
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a ton of fun to read. Admittedly, I enjoy Van Lente's writing a lot and in the right context both of these characters can be ridiculous. For me, the combination worked. The circumstances that set the characters against each other, and eventually on the same side, aren't the greatest, but that's okay. There are equal parts humor and grittiness that showcase both of the characters. Throw some solid artwork into the mix and this seemingly throw-away title becomes something truly enjoyable. ...more
Christopher
Jun 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Deadpool vs. The Punisher is a collection of five comic book issues that are gathered together as a graphic novel. The story is written by Fred Van Lente and features art by Pere Pérez and coloring by Ruth Redmond. As the title suggests, it follows Deadpool (Wade Wilson) and The Punisher (Frank Castle) squaring off against each other due to their missions coming into conflict with each other. The graphic novel's art and coloring are competent, and the graphic novel is very cinematic, especially ...more
Harley
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Punisher is no match for Deadpool.

Pros
Loved the concept of two great killiers my man Punisher as expected won compared to Deadpool losing 3 out of 5.
Violence was great, as expected
Deadpool wasen't as crazy as the other comic i read of him, which was good i mean i hated Deadpool making song references which made no sense what so ever. But i kinda like him now kinda.
Good story, one that was the same the whole book through.
funny and great team ups.
Cons
Saying Deadpool won at chapter 3 when, the
Dean
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not being a huge fan of either The Punisher or Deadpool ( both work far better as guest stars in other people’s books) I expected to not really like this. Happily, that was not the case. Fred Van Lente has written a jet black humour gem, very violent and very funny. No limits here, either artistically or in the script. The story itself is ok, but it is the two main characters playing off each other that provides the main attraction. Sassy, but man sassy.
Misbah
May 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Tom Barker
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lots of fun, with a great mix of action, plot twists and dark humor. Some over the top violence but still very, very violent, and like the cover says it is NOT FOR KIDS.
Taskmaster vs Punisher was awesome. Only negatives were some of the art and the ending felt a little rushed but overall excellent.
C.J. Nelson
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a fun read. Typical Deadpool pop culture references, 4th wall breaks, and one-liners. Typical Frank Castle killing sprees with a little humor mixed in, which was a welcome change after finishing Punisher Max Vol. 1. There was one plot point that kind of bothered me and prevented it from being a 5 star read. If you’re curious as to what it is, inbox me and we’ll talk.
Dylan
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
A really fun, continuously hilarious book from start to finish. A book that wasn't afraid to poke fun with things like pointing out The Punisher is a psychopathic fascist and Deadpool having the catchphrase 'chimichangas' is cringey to a Mexican character while also poking fun at how absurd the villains are.

It's a fun book. Worth the read.
Juan
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
For the sake of Deadpool, he was his typical, annoying self. For the sake of The Punisher, this was a nice and violent story. I feel The Punisher was pretty efficient in terms of seeking justice while at the same time anticipating how Deadpool's regenerative and memory wiping abilities could work to his advantage. I will keep this short but say I enjoyed the story.
Adam Spanos
If you like either of the characters they will play off the other one and you will fall in love with them. Deadpool brings the comedy to the punishers oh so serious attitude and what you are left with is comic gold. You won't be disappointed.
Chris Robertson
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fast-paced and fun. I always have to suspend a little disbelief with the Punisher...I’m sorry, but he would have been contained by SHIELD long ago. His “resetting” Deadpool was hilarious, though. Glad to see this is appropriately labeled, since it is not for kiddos.
Eric
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The latest run of the Punisher has been mostly blah. This should be an ongoing series and replace that series. Deadpool and Punisher could not be more different. Their interaction is hilarious and the story is a bloodbath. It's not for kids.
Hurdylyn
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Violent and funny

Had no interest in this originally but read the first issue and had to finish. If you are a fan of the Punisher, Deadpool, or both, it's a good read. Again, funny and violent.
jeffrey
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read!

If you like either of the characters they will play off the other one and you will fall in love with them. Cesspool brings the comedy to the punishers oh so serious attitude and what you are left with is comic gold. You won't be disappointed.
David Turko
Nov 20, 2018 rated it liked it
It was pretty good. The story was okay, I wasn't a fan of the art but I really enjoyed the banter between deadpool and the punisher. It was pretty much a comedy between the straight edge and the absurdist. I dug it.

• Deadpool: Too Soon?
  • Deadpool vs. Old Man Logan
  • Punisher: Enter the War Zone
  • Deadpool: The Ones With Deadpool
  • Deadpool, Volume 8: All Good Things…
  • Deadpool: World's Greatest, Volume 6: Patience: Zero
  • Spider-Man/Deadpool, Vol. 3: Itsy-Bitsy
  • Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe Again
  • Deadpool by Daniel Way: The Complete Collection, Volume 4
  • Deadpool Classic, Vol. 7
  • Deadpool V Gambit: The "V" is for "Vs."
  • Secret Empire
Van Lente was raised by a mystery-loving mother (who preferred Dorothy Sayers to Agatha Christie, but we won't hold that against her) and a wisecracking Woody Allen-lookalike scientist father in what appears to be some kind of genetic experiment to write his first novel, TEN DEAD COMEDIANS, even though neither parent nor the son himself would know it for many years.

Van Lente spent his time betwee

Deadpool vs. The Punisher (5 books)
  • Deadpool vs. The Punisher #1
  • Deadpool vs. The Punisher #2
  • Deadpool vs. The Punisher #3
  • Deadpool vs. The Punisher #4
  • Deadpool vs. The Punisher #5
“The Punisher: If there are no consequences to your mistakes...there are no reason not to make them...” 1 likes
“Deadpool: These masks, you know, they hide more than faces, Bank. They hide feelings.” 0 likes