Start by marking “Blade (Bayou Heat #23; 1001 Dark Nights #64)” as Want to Read:
Blade (Bayou Heat #23; 1001 Dark Nights #64)

Blade (Bayou Heat #23)

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  360 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
Sexy Suit, Blade was held captive and abused for decades. Benson Enterprises was desperate to use his superior blood to create super soldiers. But when he's finally rescued, he can't return to the Wildlands with the other prisoners. Not without the female he was forced to watch being impregnated. The female who has gone missing. Beautiful and broken, Valli just wants to ru ...more
Published August 8th 2017 by Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about Blade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blade

Gi's Spot Reviews
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
4.75 Stars

My FAV of all the Bayou Heat and Blade was the best (even surpassing Hakan) Hero! The Perfect Pantera! *Swooning and sighing simultaneously*

It was a strange thing, family. It wasn’t found only in blood—sometimes it wasn’t there at all. Sometimes it was found in the hearts and souls of those who were lucky enough to love.

Blade and Valli were put together in the most horrible of circumstances, and treated and abused like animals, so when they were finally rescued they get separated, and
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s

Blade is the story of a kidnapped Pantera shifter and a kidnapped human woman who are tortured into an unbelievable circumstance: a pregnancy by force. You can read this story without having any knowledge of the world Ivy and Wright have created; they give you enough info to understand the what, where, and why of it all and jump right into the story of Blade and Villi.

Villi was kidnapped and inseminated against her will by Benson enterprises in their attempt to study the Pantera and find ways t
Kathleen R.
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it

4 unforgettable stars

Considering I hadn't read most of the novels of the series, I was surprised (once again) at how easy it was to get into this newest addition to the Bayou Heat series and Blonder story. This series, every time I grab a book from it, constantly reminds me that not only do I need to get my butt in gear at starting from the beginning, but that paranormal romances are totally worth it! (and not!)

4 breathtaking dreams

Reading Blade and Valli's journey was something. It w
Joelle
These are two of my favorite authors so I am glad I got the chance to read this story.

This story was short and sweet and filled with emotional trama for both Valli and Blade.Valli and Blade were held by a monster and both suffered greatly but, for Valli they messed with her memories that made things even worse.

The story had a interesting plot and was filled with suspense and we enjoyed it.I liked and enjoyed both characters as they were easy to connect to.

I found Blade to be loving caring ,prote
Ann Lorz
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog:

This series has turned out to be so good. Each book I read I like more then the next. I think a lot of that has to do with the two authors. I really love both of their writing which makes it so much more easier to enjoy this series that they've written together.

The authors have done a wonderful job of writing this series seamlessly. If you don't look at the name on each of the books you don't know who wrote what. Th
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
I didn't realize how much I missed these guys until I jumped back into the story. You will want to have read the series --- at least some of it---in order to best appreciate this book. The story line continues through out but the bad guys are still the bad guys so it's pretty easy to get caught up.

The Pantera are still trying to learn as much as they can about Benson Enterprises. Every time they turn around, they are finding out new things about what this evil man has been up to. This book foll
 Reading In Pajamas
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
✦Review & Excerpt Tour: BLADE: A Bayou Heat Novella by Alexandra Ivy & Laura Wright http://wp.me/p3d0RZ-9sj
Publication Date: August 8, 2017
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Reviewed by: Reading in Pajamas/ Cori
Rated 4.5 Stars

BLADE is my new favorite in the Bayou Heat series. It had all the danger, suspense and hot romance that I’ve come to expect with the series, but this one also had a really sweet love story. Blade and Valli both survived hell and when they come together it heals both of them.
Lisa books
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Blade

Blade has been caged and a young female impregnated by him. He's tracking here and claiming her and the club she's carring
Jillian
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Blade is part of the Bayou Heat series by Alexandra Ivy & Laura Wright and is novella lucky number 13 in the 2017 1,001 Dark Nights series. I always adore a new release from this dynamic writing duo and this was no exception. Filled with a ton of raw emotion, I ate this novella up with a spoon.

I'm a huge fan of the unplanned pregnancy trope and seeing how the characters react to that sort of curveball. Throwing an element of paranormal and loads of emotional baggage the hero and heroine have
Sandy S
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars---

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date August 8, 2017

Sexy Suit, Blade was held captive and abused for decades. Benson Enterprises was desperate to use his superior blood to create super soldiers. But when he’s finally rescued, he can’t return to the Wildlands with the other prisoners. Not without the female he was forced to watch being impregnated. The female who has gone missing.

Beautiful and broken, Valli just wants to run away and never look back. But with the shocking news of her pregnan
Kahea
***4 Stars***

I always look forward to diving in for a quick visit to the Bayou Heat realm. The stories, though novella length are chock full of humor, heart and steam, as well as a good dose of drama thanks to the enemies of the Pantera all the while moving the main story arc forward and Blade definitely had all of that going for it and more.

Blade and Valli’s story is much more character driven than some of the others have been, but considering what they went through at the hands of Benson’s m
Nicola

POV
Third Person.

Triggers?
Possibly.
The female main character was impregnated against her will by crazy scientists.

Background Knowledge Required?
The novella is part of a series but I haven't read any of the others and followed this one just fine.

Cliffhanger?

HEA?

Infidelity?

Love-Triangle?

Violence?
Very mild.

What I Liked:
I liked how Blade was determined to find the woman impregnated against her will, with his child, and his determination to protect her fr
Robin
Nov 07, 2017 rated it liked it
This one kind of missed the mark for me. Not sure why but I liked it a little less. Not bad, just didn't connect with the characters as well.
Vagabonda Reads
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing

The Bayou Heat series is a paranormal shifter romance series set in the Wildlands — somewhere in the bayous of Louisiana. The Pantera, the inhabitants of the Wildlands, are puma shifters. Once thought to be simply the stuff of legends and myth, discovery of the existence of the Pantera has caused them to be hunted to near extinction. The blood of a Pantera is magical, and is highly coveted by nefarious people who would destroy the entire Pantera population to achieve their evil goals.

Both Blade
Tania
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Blade" by Alexandra Ivy and Laura Wright. Book 23 in the Bayou Heat series.

I really liked this addition to the Bayou Heat series about Blade and Valli. As part of the 1001 Dark Nights collection, you can absolutely read this novella as a stand alone as the backstory to the series is explained well enough so that you understand who the "bad" guys are and why they are so bad.

This story focuses on Blade, a Pantera (puma shifter) that was held captive by Benson Industries in order to create super s
Meagen
Aug 16, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a quick read. I did not feel it had the kick I am used to getting from this series, but it was good. Blade is a strong male who knows what he wants and goes after it. He was tormented by the image of the female who was tortured and impregnated while he watched, unable to defend her. Now he is tracking her down to assure her safety and that of the baby he is sure she is carrying. He's also absolutely positive it is his child. Nothing was going to keep him from his legacy.

Unfortunately,
Missy Fern - BFD Book Blog
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars.

I love this PNR world with the Pantera, the Wildlands, it's so amazing.

This book is short, but packed with a lot. Although fast paced, you still have a fully developed romance, with ties to other books in the series through secondary characters like Jean-Baptiste (he's still my fav, but Blade, he's giving JB a run for his money).

Blade and Valli were both damaged and used by the same bad guy to further his evil agenda. No spoilers but if you've read the other books, you know all abou
Malissa
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Blade is one of my favorite Bayou Heat novellas in a while. I feel like the authors gave us a fresh look into the world of Pantera while still staying true the current story. When you have had a story that has gone on for 23 books, even if they are novella's it is easy for that story to get bogged down in the muck and stuck in patterns that cause each book to sound exactly the same but Alexandra Ivy and Laura Wright always find a way to make each relationship feel fresh. Each book has it's own t ...more
Jill M
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’ve missed the Pantera and the Wildlands. I always look forward to diving into a quick read but I’ve never cursed a novella for its length before. Hot damn I didn’t want this story to end. Alexandra & Laura’s writing is smooth and intriguing. They pull you in and keep you entranced until the end. But even then you’re begging for more.

With each book you are swept away into the magical Wildlands, entraced by the Pantera. I can’t explain what draws me to them but I can’t get enough.

There is so
Janet Hendricks
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of My Favorite Series

Blade is desperate to find the woman forcibly artificially impregnated with his child. He has searched for several months and finally he's picked up her scent. But she's been told that she was raped by a Pantera. Blade takes Valli to the Woodlands hoping she will stay with him. Can Blade overcome her fear and anger in order to be a Dad to their child and a mate to Valli or will she fall into the hands of the Pantera's enemy?

Bayou Heat is one of my favorite series. I've r
Tara Dorough
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pantera To Her Rescue

Blade is part of the Bayou Heat series and the 1001 Dark Nights series. It's the story of Blade and Valli. Both were kidnapped by Benson and subjected to horrible experiments. Once they are rescued by the Pantera they are accidentally separated. Blade didn't understand why he feels so desperate to find the woman he met in captivity. Valli doesn't trust the Pantera she was told horror stories about them. How are they to cone together and overcome the odds? Alexandra and Laura
Konny
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Blade by Alexandra Ivy and Laura Wright is a 1001 Dark Nights novella and part of the Bayou Heat Series.
Blade is part of the pantera society, he was kidnapped and abused for decades.
Valli is a broken girl, used and abused by the same company that violated Blade. But now they are freed.
And here Blade picks up. Blade cant let Valli go. Hes looking for her to prorect her and keep her safe.
Both could be so good together, but secrets and lies threaten to destroy their HEA.
Blade is a PNR book and not
Dela
Aug 08, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: could-not-finish
So bad I couldn't finish it.

What happened? Both these authors are great writers but this story was just awful. Amateurish dialogue, totally ridiculous plot and the kind of unlikely insta-love that just made me shout wtf out loud. Seriously - being attracted to the man she thinks brutally raped her??? Really?
Sure, maybe that could work in a different type of story - some dark erotica with serious kink. It did not work in a romance like this is meant to be.
I gave it up after about 60% when things
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
Sometimes, I just need some classic paranormal/shifter romance - and this series is a perfect choice to hit the spot considering they're short and sweet. Another great addition to an already awesome series.

See my full review on my blog, Novel Addiction.

Disclaimer: I received a copy in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Lisa Harper
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book

This book was a guick read for me. It is a very engaging book and kept my attention the whole time I was reading this. The characters pull you in and you feel their pain, joy and love. It was as if I was there with them in the flesh as the book unfolded. Ms. Ivy is an exceptional writer. This is the 1st book in this Series that I have read. I can't wait to read the next book.
Khrista Baxter
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Smoken hot!

I just love this series!!
Blade is dealing with the aftermath of being held prisoner in Bensons lab. He is on the hunt for a human female that was there with him.

Valli is a waitress at a small town diner, after being saved from a life threatening illness at the Benson Clinic she finds herself pregnant.

The chemistry between these two is intense! I would have loved for the book to be longer!!
Donna
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Having never read any of the Bayou Heat stories I expected to be lost but the authors did a really good job of making their world real and easy to enter. I loved that Blade was so invested in finding the mother of his cub even though he had very little to do with its creation. There were twists and turns I didn’t expect that made this a terrific story and one I will revisit often.
Vicki
I've been reading Bayou Heat series off and on for awhile and all of them are awesome. Love this series and this author. Every time they rescue a Pantera from the horrible torture labs of Benson Industries you find another person who deals in people for the labs. A wonderful love story. Exciting action. Loved it.
Dulcinea
Blade/Valli
Initially I thought the premise was silly, the way she's impregnated and her recollection of the event. But the authors pulled it together. I was pleased to find a book of puma shifters, and I particularly liked how they were written; sexy and sensual as a puma should be. Others I've read put more emphasis on their power and a killer instinct.

He said/she said, third person POV.
Cheryl
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 I read this as part of 1001 Nights book. I enjoy the paranormal and I knew going into this the sex would be graphic and too much for me. But the characters are always so well done, that I bit the bullet. Except for the detailed graphic sex (enough that if it was a movie would be x rated) I enjoyed Blade and the plot. If you like erotica you will love the book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Incorrect Numbering? 2 19 Feb 15, 2018 03:59AM
I'm not exactly sure when I fell in love with books. Probably on my mother's knee listening to her read Dr. Seuss to me. I do remember that I was barely old enough to cross the street by myself when I discovered the delights of the local library. Could anything be more wonderful than spending summer days surrounded by stacks of Nancy Drew mysteries? Over the years I fell in love with Victoria Holt ...more
More about Alexandra Ivy

Bayou Heat (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Raphael/Parish (Bayou Heat, #1-2)
  • Bayon/Jean-Baptiste (Bayou Heat, #3-4)
  • Talon/Xavier (Bayou Heat, #5-6)
  • Sebastian/Aristide (Bayou Heat, #7-8)
  • Bayou Noël (Bayou Heat, #8.5)
  • Lian/Roch (Bayou Heat, #9-10)
  • Hakan/Severin (Bayou Heat, #11-12)
  • Angel/Hiss (Bayou Heat, #13-14)
  • Michel/Striker (Bayou Heat, #15-16)
  • Rage/Killian (Bayou Heat #17-18; 1001 Dark Nights #23)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • Emergency Contact
    $10.99 $3.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Rock Me (Ross Siblings Book 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be