Start by marking “The Fairy in the Kettle (The Fairy in the Kettle #1)” as Want to Read:
The Fairy in the Kettle (The Fairy in the Kettle #1)

The Fairy in the Kettle (The Fairy in the Kettle #1)

Perfect for pre-school and primary school children, The Fairy in the Kettle takes children on a magical journey to the heart of Bramble Glen, a beautiful fairy village, where protagonist, Leona and all her friends live. Leona knows she is very lucky, she has wonderful friends and family and lives in a beautiful old round cast-iron kettle, a place filled with adventurous ...more
Published September 28th 2016 by Troubador Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Fairy in the Kettle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fairy in the Kettle

Start your review of The Fairy in the Kettle (The Fairy in the Kettle #1)
Mackey
The Fairy in the Kettle is one of the most beautifully illustrated children's books I've read in ages! That alone would reason enough to purchase this delightful story for any child, but the story is marvelous as well!

I don't often read or buy new children's books, however, I'm creating a series of Fairy gardens in my Inn and wanted to add books for the kids to read. The Fairy in the Kettle was the perfect choice! It is a story about differences and acceptance and living in harmony, all told
Vicki
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
This is the perfect fairy story for children. The fairies all choose to make fun of Leona for her metal kettle and its found treasures. This story harkens back to my own childhood fantasies of fairies in the shrubs and their little tools and weapons.

I enjoyed this book so much and I enjoyed the illustrations. The vivid watercolors were perfect for the book. They told the story and brought it to colorful life. Excellent book for children. I read this through NetGalley and reviewed with my own
Ronyell
Fairy

I would like to thank NetGalley and Matador for providing me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I went surfing around NetGalley again for some new childrens books to read and I spotted this cute childrens book called The Fairy in the Kettle which is written by Pauline Tait along with artwork by Debbie Bellaby and this book was truly adorable to read through!

In the land of Bramble Glen, there lives a village full of fairies and they all lived in various flowers across the
Producervan in Cornville, AZ from New Orleans & L.A.
This book was provided by NetGalley for review. I read the Kindle version.

Gorgeous illustrations and adorable story! Great as a gift for adults or children. Highly recommend this beautiful book about fairies. Hope there are other books using these same characters in the future!
Donna Maguire
This was a cute story and I really liked the drawings and can see that these would definitely be a hit with younger children, particularly little girls. Can really see it becoming a favourite read.
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Jun 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: children, netgalley
Leona the fairy lives in a kettle in the fairy village of Bramble Glen. She loves her home and thinks it is the best one in the village. She loves the way it is decorated as well as the musical sounds the rain plays on it. The other fairies, disagree, they think it is far too noisy when it rains. When a storm hits the village, the fairies head to Leona's kettle for refuge and quickly change their tune.

This is a delightful children's book. The illustrations are large, vivid and colourful. They
Mary
Not every fairy is happy living in a flower bud. Leona chooses a unique home in the tiny village of Bramble Glen. Convincing her fairy friends to visit will take a storm.

Cute illustrations depict a fairy's life in an old black tea kettle. Colorful. Every little girl loves a fairy story. Sweet and simple.

*DRC provided by NetGalley
Craig Sisterson
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
This is an absolutely delightful children's book that's strong across the board: vivid, whimsical illustrations, a lovely story, a great layout that is eye-catching both in words and pictures, and some nice underlying themes about being true to yourself and how there is value in many things. I can see this becoming a 'read again, again Daddy' favourite for my two-year-old.

Leona the fairy lives in a kettle in the forest. She loves her home - it's perfect for her - though the other fairies don't
Patricia
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Leona the fairy is positive she's the luckiest and happiest fairy in Bramble Glen. She lives in her dream home - which happens to be a cast iron kettle. She loves it especially when it rains.....the kettle protects her fragile wings from the elements and she can dance to the rhythm of the rain. But her fairy pals really hate it. Until one night a raging storm hit Bramble Glen....

A sweet and gentle story that will appeal to little girls. There's some nice touches that my daughter loved regarding
Paul Franco
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Told in bright watercolors, this story features a fairy named Leona Roseliving in Fairyland, of all placeswhos happy all the time, partially because she lives in a kettle. Shes decorated it from all the stuff she finds in the forest, painting her walls and making her bed and all kinds of goody stuff. Even the sound of rain on her metal roof made her want to dance, though it irritates her neighbors. That changes when the town is suddenly in need of a storm shelter.
Thats quite an imagination this
Lori
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-ya
Bramble Glen is home to Leona and her fairy friends. Leona lives in a beautifully blue kettle and happily dances in her home to the pitter patter of rain drops. But, she is shielded from natures storms. One evening while the fairies were flying over Buttercup Brook, the rains came pouring down. Leona was safe in her kettle but the fairies outside were miserable. When she realized this, she offers them shelter in her home. This sweet read with vivid illustrations is about compassion and ...more
Ruth Frampton
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a lovely little book, fairies and friendship all combine when the wind blows up a storm leaving the fairies in trouble, happily there is one little fairy who loves the rain and is happy to welcome others and all is good in the end. As a story, this could be a great way to support little ones who find wind and heavy rain difficult to cope with or just a lovely memory for your little one to remember and keep the magic of nature alive.
Penny
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an electronic copy of this book from Netgalley in return for an honest review.
This is a lovely story about a fairy who lives in a kettle. Her fairy friends are not so impressed with the kettle, until one day there is a terrible wind and rainstorm and everyone must take refuge in the kettle. All the fairies are safe and warm and end of having a great dance party in the kettle. My 7 year-old loved it and said the illustrations were magnificent.
Marzie
Jun 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-net-galley
I received a copy of this book from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.

3.5 Stars

This is a gentle fairy tale about Leona the fairy and her storm proof tea kettle home in Bramble Glen. The illustrations are in happy colors. This book would be pleasant for children who like fairy stories and shimmery colors.
Snake
Oct 24, 2017
Akshmala Sharma
Jan 29, 2018
Pauline Tait
Sep 20, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Pauline Tait is a Scottish author living and writing in Perthshire, Scotland. Having first made her way into the world of writing with her picture book series she has now published her debut novel in adult fiction, A Life of Their Own.

The Fairy in the Kettle, The Fairy in the Kettle's Christmas Wish & The Fairy in the Kettle Gets Magical have all received 4 & 5 Star reviews and been