Start by marking “The Ravished Rose” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Ravished Rose

Suzanne Quill

The Ravished Rose

Attractive, capable, intelligent, Elizabeth Mannings returns to London after two years on the Continent, looking forward to experiencing her first Season and finding a man to love and marry. Instead, she is brutally attacked, forcing her to flee London and abandon her hopes for the future.

Allan Ridgefield, Earl of Ridgecrest, no longer has a need for love, having had his
Paperback
Published December 1st 2016 by Soul Mate Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Ravished Rose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ravished Rose

HR-ML
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: moc, tstl-female
Amanda Richardson
The Ravished Rose by Suzanne Quill is a very emotional read. Allan lost his first love ten years ago and has never really recovered. He is devastated to learn that he has to marry by his 30th birthday and sire an heir within five years. Allan will enter into a marriage of convenience to save his estate and will father an heir, but he isn't happy about it. He takes off to London to find a bride and is intrigued when a respected doctor approaches him and offers his daughter's hand.
Elizabeth was ho
Kathy Golden
description

I had high hopes for The Ravished Rose. Allan and Elizabeth are a wonderful match. Their relationship builds slowly; they come to care for one another in a realistic fashion, and they are both easy to care about. Sex comes late in the book and at pretty close to the right time. It's fairly explicit, but still handled well and at times, humorous. There is a mystery element to the book which I found interesting and a different twist, given the time period. The medical perspective was also refresh
Petula
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Allan Ridgefield, the Earl of Ridgecrest has to marry within two weeks and beget an heir very soon or he will lose his title and estates . It doesn't matter to him who it is, his heart has been buried with his first love for the last ten years.
Miss Elizabeth Mannings has been pushed into marriage with a man she has never met. Her father arranged everything and she needs to go along with it. She hopes her father has been honest with the Earl, if not she could pay the price.
Our heroine is a very
AG Reads
Aug 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hr
Not terrible, but not particularly good, either. It read like an author's first book, with limited vocabulary and sentence structure and stilted dialogue. There also was nothing new here, but I have read much worse. I did like the H and most of the time, liked the h.

One error in research was when the author referred to the sleeping h as being in the land of Nod. Unfortunately, the poem from which that reference comes was not published for another 50 years or so after the events of this book. The
Patricia
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding

I received this book free from one of the book sites. I do not remember which one! This is my honest review.
This author wrote on a subject that many people might have found disturbing, but she handled it with grace and compassion. One might well wonder how she managed this rare book.
Meet Elizabeth Mannings, a young woman who had much to look forward to in life. In just one night, her life was shattered. The next moment she found herself married to a stranger.
Lord Allan Ridgecrest f
Marie
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable

This book was fun to read, I limed the characters and the story line was very good. Real world situations made it believable. At times it felt a lift!e stiff to me. It I well worth a read if you like a little bit of mystery and crime and a lot of romance.
Kathy
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
He dragged her into a alley and took her vertue

It was a very well written story of how strong and resourceful a women can be. How true love can affect a person and how a person can be very understanding about something that was not her fault.
Evonne Hutton
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A historical romance of merit!
A serial killer is stalking London!
A marriage of convenience turns in real convenience when love meets trauma but is love enough to overcome all?
Well written story line with strong characters.
Kathleen Moss
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put it down.

When I read a good book, I can't put it down. I start to see the people like in the movie. I see them as real, this book touched me deeply it was amazing. Anyone that likes Regency romance will fall in love with this book.
Stacey Coughlin
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read. I love that the main character is strong willed and seeks justice. The author did a fantastic job writing this wonderful book. Will look forward in reading more of her books.
Laura Thomas
Jul 21, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Melodramatic

Topic of this story rape of a 21year-old who marries an unknown Earl within two weeks of the assault,quite unbelievable.
Amelia
May 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The latest historical romance from Suzanne Quill is filled with conflicted emotions and much honesty. When two strangers must form a relationship founded on necessity, their futures could turn out to be blissfully happy or miserable from that day forward. I enjoyed how the author took her main characters on a journey where they learned not only lots about each other, but also discovered some new facts about themselves. THE RAVISHED ROSE is delightfully entertaining.

Though Allan Ridgefield has no
Debra Guyette
May 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Elizabeth Mannings returns to London after living on the continent for two years. She is looking forward to her first season and perhaps finding someone to love. She is beautiful and capable, but, unfortunately, no match for a man who brutally attacks her and ruins her chances at finding a loving match.
Allan Ridgefield, Earl of Ridgecrest, knows he will never find love again. He lost his childhood sweetheart when she fell from a horse and died just before they were to be wed. Now ten years later
Vicki Dean
Apr 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Suzanne Quill has done it again!

If you love romance, intrigue, and historical society, this novel is for you! A well written story of two individuals who overcome devastating obstacles to find a life together. Brava, Suzanne!
Angela
Oct 01, 2017
Linda
Jun 15, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Suzanne Quill, the nom-de-plume for Susan Dudics Dean, has been pursuing a fiction career for over ten years. With prior experience writing articles for interior design trade magazines and local newspapers, she decided to find a more creative outlet for her vivid imagination. Inspired by romances from such icons as Amanda Quick, Diana Gabaldon, and Mary Balogh, she chose historicals as her first g ...more