Start by marking “Before the Lie (Confession Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
Before the Lie (Confession Duet, #1)

Before the Lie

(Confession Duet #1)

It was love at first sight.
Not just for me, but for Corbin as well.
Our eyes locked across the room, and that was all she wrote.
But we didn’t rush things.
We wanted to do it right.
After all, we would spend the rest of our lives together.
The love of my life.
My soul mate.
He was the intense and fiercely protective soldier,
and I was his doting and faithful lover.
I foun
Published January 24th 2017 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Before the Lie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Before the Lie

Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
*Edited to add - There are potential triggers in this book.

I had a little epiphany with this book. Sometimes when you're reading highly descriptive characters you get a mental image in your mind of who would best fit that character. That's what happened to me when I was reading this and I pictured fitness model Matthew Hosea.

What's funny is that he's the model on this book cover which I didn't see because I got an arc and the author is friends with him. So the book really is based on him as the
Miss H
Warning: spoilers below.

For the record, this isn’t a review, per se, but more of a reminder/self-note, in the likely event that I forget why this book would never work for me.

Because I read enough of the sample—and conversed with friends who read it in its entirety—to know that this book isn’t for me.

Because the prologue, though not terribly detailed, opens with the heroine being sexually assaulted.

Because, for reasons beyond my capacity to understand, approximately three days after the heroine
Jo
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All-consuming....I was *in* this story, I was a part of their timeline, I was where they were, perfect descriptions and scene setting.

Fierce....any alpha soldier will be. Our hero is fiercely loyal, fiercely protective, fiercely independent.

Compelling...I could not put the story down. More on that further down.

Extreme love....You can feel the love between our characters throughout the story, it was pure, it was genuine, it was life-altering.

Ultimate sacrifice....Not one ounce of selfishness in t
Amo Jones
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review to come xox
Roxanne Kade
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The story behind this hot cover was nothing like I was expecting. It was sweet and beautiful innocence, something I'm not that used to in contemporary romances, of late, and I loved every second of it.

Of course, the prologue was quite daunting, and as I read Corbin and Vi's story, I kept wondering at what point Vi got to where this story first took off, because I could not imagine Corbin letting anything like that happening to her. And then, when I got to the end, I was completely gutted, as I'
Jennifer Lessard
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book that I have read by this author but it will not be my last. I can't wait until Truth Revealed comes out, which I hope is soon because Kayla has left me hanging by my fingertips from the ledge with not much for a handhold or a foothold! I don't want to say to much about the book itself because it would be too easy to spoil things for others! The story-line is very well-written. I really enjoy Kayla's writing style. There are still alot of questions I have about Corbin's bac ...more
Cassie
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*4.5 star ARC REVEIW FROM ABIBLIOPHOBIA ANONYMOUS BOOK REVIEWS*

Before the lie, comes their story of where it all began.

Vivian aka Vi and Corbin are total opposite in the personality department. Vi is innocent, nerdy and a rock climber. Corbin is a tattooed Army bad boy with a past. These two together are dynamite, made for each other.

"Maybe if we mix your in-normalness with my boringness, we'll even each other out."- Vi

I believe all women will fall for Corbin and if you don't, there is probabl
BJ
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
Gorgeous book, about first and very sweet love. The H is a soldier waiting to be deployed, he has quite a back story. The is 18, a child of older, very loving and supporting parents, who approve of him. When they first meet, she is able to take the lead with the H, but he sees her fears, helps her to grow into a woman, slowly and respectfully, with her parents approval. It is a great love story, it is not all sweet and rosy, this is about a real life, where they end up with broken hearts. Have t ...more
Franci Neill
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Is It Really a Lie? Stars!!!

Every once in a while a book comes along that is unlike any that you've ever read. I'm here to tell you that Before the Lie by KD Robichaux IS that book! This is the story of Vi and Corbin, their meeting and how they fall in love. What's so different about this story you ask? Well, Vi is a beautiful but very shy girl that doesn't really "fit in" with the popular kids in school and because of that, she's kind of turned into herself and spends all her extra time at
Lacie Romano
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg, what a great tale of first love! All through out I knew it was coming and it completely sucked me in. What a great way to introduce the story!
Cindy M. Green
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love Vi and Corbin, this was a sweet and beautiful love story from the very beginning!

Vi has led a quiet and sheltered life in a small military town. Due to kids taunting and teasing her in school, she doesn't have many friends and has kept to herself while growing up. She has a very close relationship with her Mom, but doesn't like to worry her about what's going on in school. Vi is not very adventurous and hasn't stuck with many activities in her life, but once a friend introduces her to wall
PFL
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Before the Lie is the first book that I have read from K.D. Robichaux and loved it. I was lucky to receive an ARC and was captivated from page 1.

The prologue is daring and quite dark and is in the back of your mind while reading Before the Lie. For those with triggers please be warned prior to reading the prologue.

Vi and Corbin are connected from the moment they meet and begin to build a relationship. Vi has been quite sheltered as her life revolves around rock climbing and Corbin has been in
Amanda Rano
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG that Cliffy!

This is the first book I've read by KD and it most certainly won't be my last. I actually read Steal You, her novel with CC Monroe first and that's how I got hooked on her writing style. It was so crazy to me how real the relationship between Corbin and Vi was and when I read "Epilogue" I couldn't believe it was really the end. I mean, how could it end like that? But I loved this story. Every good, sexy, raw and emotional part of it.
Tammy
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All-consuming, fierce, compelling, extreme love, ultimate sacrifice, and addictive. All these words describe this book. I loved it! Can't wait for the next book.
Gwen Shafer
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book that I have read by this author. Oh my god I absolutely loved this book. KD had me hooked by the end wanting so much more. It was very well written with a great story line and amazing character chemistry. Reading the beginning of the book it doesnt even prepare you for what happens at the end.
Vi is a socially awkward teenager who takes to climbing rocks inside a gym. She spends her last four years of high school doing just that every chance she gets. One day while doing j
Shawn
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Vi and Crobin's story.

I wish I had know it was a cliffhanger.
Jill
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars for - Before The Lie - the first book in the Confession Duet by KD Robichaux. This is the sweet story of two polar opposites falling in love at first sight. I read this book cover to cover in one sitting and positively enjoyed every second of it. The only thing I hated was the dreaded cliff hanger ending, but since I went in knowing this was a duet I can and will keep my complaining to a minimum.
Vivian (Vi) Brown was never part of the "in crowd" being quiet and shy she chose to avoid c
Melissa Mendoza
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“‘You’re so much more to me than what that word implies. But for all intents and purposes, yes. I’m not even going to ask, because you have no choice.’”

Heat Rating:

photo 5 Orgasm Button_zpsm0jqyhvr.jpg

5 Soulmate Stars!!! Entertaining and don’t get me started on that ending!

photo 5 Buttons_zpsu895julz.jpg

I was hooked the second I started reading this book! I fell in love with the whole Soulmates storyline. And don’t get me started on Corbin and Vi. While her story doesn’t exactly start out with roses and sunshine, the story builds from there and restores your h
Sanne Heremans
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You felt the emotions pouring from the pages and couldn't help but feeling everything right along with them.

From prologue to epilogue you won't cease to be amazed!

Book two here I come!
LaShanta Charles
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
WTF just happened here? Seriously, what did I just read? First there's a prologue and I'm like whaaaaaaat? Then there an absolutely beautiful and breathtaking love story and then there's absolutely the worst decision in the history of bad decisions. Vi, baby girl, I can't get behind that! No, no, no!

Okay, rant over, so here we go.

KD Robichaux, if nothing else, you're a mastermind at brutally yanking (tugging would be too mild) on heart strings. Vi is essentially an introvert who discovers rock c
Heather Miller
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I did receive Before the Lies as a free ARC Copy in exchange for an honest review.

This is a wonderful story of young love. Young True Love. The young lady, Vivian - Vi, is a senior in high school. She has been working at a rock climbing studio for 4 yrs now. She loves rock climbing and everything about it free's her, and let's her be herself. Vi has always been a shy girl. She has been bullied throughout her short life. She's too tall, too skinny, people see her as a target to pick on.

Vi gets to
Andrea Britton
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't normally read a book if there's a cliffhanger and hopefully we don't have to wait too long before the next is out.

This book captured my attention and kept it the entire book. I was sucked in and didn't stop till I was done.

These characters are like magnets even though they are completely different. We watch them fall in love and watch as new love blooms. You will be hooked by Corbin's Alpha-ness, he's swoonworthy and we know there's something a little darker underneath his sweetness. I
Nicole
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I cried. I cried like a baby. I was in love the whole time and the ending broke my heart. I kept saying "No! No no no no!" But as usual, I can't re-write already written words. The book was sooo good. I give it two thumbs up, 5 stars and a broken heart because it broke mine!💔
Messy Bun Book Blog
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy Amazeballs

WOW!! This story was the perfect mix of sweet and sexy in an oddly innocent way. I loved how amazing Corbin was with Vi. He was kind and patient and just all around swoon worthy. She is an awkward, shy girl and he is a man that has been hardened by his life. they make one of the most amazing couples in book history! BE PREPARED - there are some triggers and it ends on a big cliff hanger - but Truth Revealed is out... you won't have to wait!
Lisa Marie ~ Words We Love By
When I signed up for Before the Lie I didn't realize that the characters would be so young. I normally don't pick up new adult books because as a 40-something I have a hard time connecting with an 18 year old character anymore. This story showed that judging a book by its cover (or in this case character age group) is a great adage for a reason.

Vivian is 18 years old and just about to graduate high school. Vi is one of those girls that didn't (nor wanted to) fit in with the cool kids. She is soc
Lani
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Where do I even start with this book? The prologue and epilogue left me shocked and speechless to say the least, but what was between those pages left me breathless. We meet the beautiful, slightly sheltered and guileless Vi whose life revolves around school work and her indoor rock climbing, that is until she meets the intense, protective Alpha soldier Corbin. An instant and undeniable connection is felt between the two of them that cant be ignored. This book had me captivated and bewitched fro ...more
Cassie May
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on behalf of 2 Girls Who Love Books Blog
I feel the tears coming again while writing this review and I hope I manage to put down my feelings without spoilering or something like this.
This book starts with a prologue that takes place in the end of the book – timeline wise. After the prologue I was more like WTF? What is this for a trickery to tell everything that’ll happen in the book with the prologue. Well, I gave this book a chance anyways and I am so glad that I did.
The fact that I k
Adis
I was hooked by the blurb and reviews, yet hesitated because I knew there was a cliff hanger, and I used to avoid it immensely if the series wasn't finished. Hold and behold the temptation was greater, so I opened the first page - the prologue.

My reaction : WTF

I put it down.

Seriously???? Cruel.

The next day my curiosity cannot be contained. So I picked it up. And didn't stop until the last pages.

My reaction : holy moly cramoly. WTH. The mother of cliff hanger.

Okay. Prologue and epilogue aside,
J.M. Walker
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book for an honest review.

First thing I have to say is that I NEED the next book. STAT! This boo...wow. I really had no idea what I was getting into and that was fine with me. I read the blurb but I liked that it didn't give a lot away.

Corbin Lowe. Military boy who had a difficult past and has a darkness to him that I really can't wait to see more of. Alpha. Tattoos. Bad boy. Military. Enough said.

Vivian Brown is an innocent girl and while she may be timid and shy, ther
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Third Base
  • David (Control, #3.5)
  • Straight Flushed (A Hot Pursuit Novel, #1)
  • Captivated By You (Love in the Heartland, #1)
  • With My Whole Heart
  • Awake Under the Night Sky
  • His Touch
  • Riding Resistance: Soul Shifterz MC
  • Waking to Black (Uninhibited #1)
  • After All These Years (One Pass Away, #2)
  • Kings of Mayhem (Kings of Mayhem, #1)
  • From Geek to Greek Billionaire
  • Contingent (Consensual, #3)
  • The Boy Next Door
  • Veracity (Jilted #2)
  • The Highlander​ (The Order #2)
  • Necessary Evil (Sentinels of Babylon, #1)
  • Black Lilith (The Black Lilith Series, #1)

Confession Duet (2 books)
  • Truth Revealed (Confession Duet, #2)