Start by marking “The Darkest Sunrise (The Darkest Sunrise, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Darkest Sunrise (The Darkest Sunrise, #1)

The Darkest Sunrise (The Darkest Sunrise #1)

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  6,290 Ratings  ·  899 Reviews
Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never harm me.
Whoever coined that phrase is a bald-faced liar. Words are often the sharpest weapon of all, triggering some of the most powerful emotions a human can experience.
“You’re pregnant.”
“It’s a boy.”
“Your son needs a heart transplant.”
Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never harm me.
Lies.
Syll
Published July 13th 2017

Val ⚓️ ShamelessBitchySKANKY ⚓️ Steamy Reads
After finishing this book right now, this is me:

For reals though.

Damn you and your portentous cliffhanger, Aly Martinez.

description

Now that I've gotten my false rage out of the way, all I really have to say about this book is this...

Well done, Lady Martinez, well done.

description

Proving once again why she is always in the top of the my auto-buy list, Martinez uses her word wizardry to gut us all and grab all of our emotional lady parts by the balls.

And then squeezes.

I mean, for fucks sake, she almost made me cry
Christy
ALL THE STARS!!!

photo 19961545_10103982179108018_1939164173032186668_n_zpsqohve4ia.jpg

Aly Martinez is one of those authors who sometimes writes great books, and sometimes writes exceptional books. This book is beyond exceptional. When I finished this book I was in absolute shock. Like, ‘OMG what is this life’ kind of shock! It was emotional and tore me up inside. I mean that in the best way possible! It’s one of those books that will stay on my mind for a long time and never leave my heart.

Broken characters are my kryptonite. And Charlotte is so broken she seems
Patty Belongs To Kellan~Jesse~Lautner~Miller~Jack~Racer~Rafe~Liam~Prince Nicholas~Hayes~Gianluca & Archer
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

AMAZING!!!

My immense physical reaction paled in comparison to the way his words had penetrated my mind and stripped me bare.
Porter Reese understood me.
Not in sentences, but in the silence.

photo 19686423_1869383939980535_1573561902_o_zpsvxdprqcx.jpg

THE DARKEST SUNRISE is a gut wrenching story that will put your hearts through emotional turmoil. I fell absolutely in love with this one! I guarantee that once you start it, you will find it nearly impossible to put down until you get to the last page. I’
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
This. Book.
ALL OF THE STARS!!

This is quite possibly the most memorable, captivating, and gripping romance Aly has written to date. It was full of so much depth and raw emotion, I couldn't tear myself away for even a second. I sobbed my way through the entire second half. I fell SO hard for the hero because he just may be the swooniest broken hero Aly has written. He was EVERYTHING. The romance here was simply unforgettable and this is only the beginning. I don't have enough words to describe how
Jennifer Kyle
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Hey Aly Martinez …

description

I have read all of your books to date and even though I may be considered a fangirl of yours gushing about how fantastic this story line was… I really don’t care because this was fantastic.

description

All that’s left for me to do is patiently await July 27th!

description

"But how do you move forward when all you really want is to go back?”
Bibi
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
There are times I really wish one could sit an author down, tie them up, then demand they hand over the conclusion to their cliffhanger.

And this here is one mindfuckery of a cliffy; I'm way too invested in the story of Porter, Charlotte and baby Lucas. What happens now?!
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
FIVE STARS. FIVE ENDLESSLY EPIC STARS.

I've read a lot of books, but I have NEVER read a book like this.

NEVER. EVER. EVER.

This was a storyline that stole me with it's emotional depth and intensity. It's unique and captivating, heart wrenching and hopeful, sweet and sad, and I was left totally GUT PUNCHED AND GASPING. I don't know what to do with myself right now. I don't want to read anything else, I just want the sequel. Man, when it comes to the ending of a first book in a series/duet, this
  KAT ⚛ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⚛

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

REVIEW ALSO POSTED ON MY BLOG
KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS The Darkest Sunrise

Holy fucking shitballs, bugger me sideways and back, bitch of a book to review, gah what to write, the author has not made it easy for us bloggers to write our reviews up without divulging any spoilers what so ever, so mines pretty much going to be full of cuss words lol..The frustration is real folks!!

DARKEST SUNRISE: is the first book within the (Darkest Sunrise #1) series by Aly Martinez. In this first book
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Live Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073T48VBF/...

5 Beautiful Stars ❤

This book is by far one of my all time favorites!I don't know where to start,this story was everything!The Darkest Sunrise was an emotional,heartwarming,intense,beautiful and sweet story.I have never read anything like this!For one more time Aly Martinez delivers a unique,unforgetable and original story!The writing is flawless and I felt like I was a part of the story!

There were moments I wanted to cry feeling desperate and s
Claire Robinson
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4 - "Right now, it's just me and you in the dark..." Stars!

ITs LIVE!
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2tYlkMY
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/2u5aPrp
Amazon CA: http://amzn.to/2u5dCAX
Amazon AU: http://amzn.to/2u4XsHs

My first foray into the writing of Aly Martinez, was definitely a good one. The Darkest Sunrise offered up two broken characters, trying to find their way back to the light, and although pretty heavy in its themes, the story didn’t get bogged down with drama and angst.

This is one of those books that
Olga therebelreader
“Two people alone in the darkness. No questions. No judgments. No faking it.”

I absolutely loved this book. Multiple times whilst reading it, tears welled up in my eyes at the beauty of AM's writing, and just imagining being in Charlotte's situation got me really emotional. The writing is gripping, demanding that the pages are turned. The story is exceptional!

Without giving too much away, the author makes all characters in this story extremely real. Despite the somewhat dark subject matter this
Stacey is Sassy

IT'S ALIVE!!!

Please note…this IS a 5-star review

BLOODY, BLOODY, POO BUM GIT HEAD!!

That is me having a very, very cranky tanty. I am WILD!! Wild, I tell you. Aly Martinez has dragged me through the wringer and is probably laughing at my craziness. Tears are bloody leaking out of my eyes one minute and then the next I’m laughing like a bloody loon. Now, all I want to do is bloody SCREAM...really, really LOUDLY. Please excuse all of my shouty capitals, but it’s better for me to yell here than have
XxTainaxX
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wow. The chemistry between Charlotte and Porter just jumped off the page. They had been simply existing until they met one another and the pieces fell together. Their armor was cracked, but not broken. I absolutely loved their witty banter. This is one of those couples that you just KNOW are meant for one another.

"No. Not like that. I'm talking about one where you'd spend the rest of your night touching your bruised lips, and I'd spend the rest of mine desperately trying to memorize the way yo
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
2.5

Another book where I just don't seem to understand the hype.

I don't want to get into too many details about the plot because if people do decide to read this, I don't want to spoil anything. I read a few reviews after I finished this book and most reviews seem to have the same idea; it's best to go into this story blind.

While this had some well written and very emotional parts, I didn't connect with it the way other reviewers seem to have. I didn't sob and my heart did not pound. Maybe bec
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This was an emotional trip that stripped me bare, and left me feeling utterly heartbroken. I knew going into this that it wasn’t going to be an easy read but I was surprised at how much I felt towards these characters. The things they went through, the all consuming hurt and grief and trying to put one foot in front of the other, was a sight to see.

Sometimes we as human beings don’t know just how much power we have over our everyday lives. We can choose to make it better or we can just sit t
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
****4 STARS****

I knew it was a cliffhanger before I started reading it. I normally don't do cliffhangers but I saw the second book comes out on 7/27/17 and decided to read it. It's good. I'll give it a proper review soon.
Wil Loves Books!
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ALL THE FREAKING STARS!!!!!!!

No questions. No judgments. No faking it.

Wow, wow, wow! I'm speechless. Not surprised, just speechless. Three hours, that's how long it took me to read this masterpiece of a book. To say this was amazing is an understatement. I can't wait for this to go live and for you to read this one. So freaking awesome, so freaking worth it. You will not be disappointed.

I'm convinced that if Aly Martinez writes it, I will read it no matter what. Every single book I've rea
L.J. Shen
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Ya'll need to read this duet. Now excuse me while I sit in the corner, rocking back and forth and sucking on my thumb.
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
THIS BOOK!!!!!!!

STUNNING. MASTERPIECE. RAW. UNPUTDOWNABLE

You should know by now that I DO NOT give out 5 star reviews willy–nilly. Not even to my favorite authors. My 5 star reviews have to earn a spot on the keeper shelf. Either because I want to re-read them again OR because they are so unique and so masterfully crafted that they dig deep into my heart and STAY!!!

The Darkest Sunrise did just that.

First, I should mention that I have not read a novel this well crafted in a long time. Reading The
Eliza
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing

★5 STARS★

If I may boldly say, this is Aly Martinez at her best. Phenomenal in her storytelling, The Darkest Sunrise is a raw and highly emotive portrayal of two strangers bound together by their grief.

In many ways it reminded me of the poem “Soul meets soul on lovers lips” by Percy Bysshe Shelley. Granted it’s the unstemmed pain which flows though them that is the source of the recognition they share, but in this pain is the beginning of an unlikely but pure and honest relationship that blosso
Brittainy Cherry
May 27, 2017 marked it as to-read
I CANNOT EVEN TALK ABOUT HOW EXCITED I AM!
warhawke
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Book 1 of 2 from The Darkest Sunrise duet
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Charlotte Mills was a well know expert in her field. As a doctor, she dedicated her life to her career and her patients. But she did it for a purpose - to distract her from her crumbling past. Being in the darkness has taken a toll on her until she found someone who showed her how much she had missed in life.

Porter Reese recognized the pain in Charlotte's eyes. Having his own demons to fight
NMmomof4
4 Stars

Overall Opinion: I loved their dialogue! They were witty and it had me smiling so big at my iPad like a loon! I did get a little tired of the "darkness" references, but that could very well be my grumpiness popping out. I also guessed the big twist pretty much at the beginning of the book, so I wasn't all that shocked with the cliffy...but I am eager to see how this ends. Hopefully I get a HEA for them 🤞🏻😜

Brief Summary of the Storyline: This is Charlotte and Porter's story. I'm going to
Jenny
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well holy shit!!! I just fricken knew it!!!!

I have absolutely loved this authors work in the past, and yet I love it even more now. It captivates you, it owns you, and oh my lord does it grip your heart.

I waited patiently until I knew the next book was out, thank lord I did, I can't wait anymore to dive into it and get the conclusion I am so hoping for. So this is my review, READ THIS BOOK!! Please!

Jeannine Allison
2.75 stars...

description

^^ This is how I feel writing this review, because seriously EVERYONE seemed to love this one, but for me it fell flat. I didn't enjoy the insta-love or insta-attraction. I did appreciate that they saw the "darkness" in one another and I wish the story had focused more on that. Especially given the fact that this is a duet, I didn't think it was necessary to have their physical relationship develop so quickly.

I also felt that it shoved Travis's (Porter's son) medical problems to the
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
ALL THE STARS!!!

O. M. F-ing. G.

This was such an awesome book, I didn’t want it to end and thank goodness this was just the beginning of Porter and Charlotte’s journey. I’ve only just finished reading this heart stomping story so trying to gather my thoughts and just deal.

Charlotte and Porter have their own individual stories in this book and are dealing with their own personal struggles but when they meet for the first time something feels right, they feel lighter. Porter recognises the darkness
Carmen Rae
Aly Martinez is one of very few authors who’s books make my TBR before the blurb is even written. I just know I can count on her to write a book that I will be so emotionally invested in that from the moment I pick it up until the second I put it down I am nowhere but in that book. The only issue I have is that I always feel the need to wait until I am in a reasonable stable head space (for me this is a hard task) with very little else on my calendar so I can read the book with only minimal mutt ...more
Alex ♈
3.5 - 3.75 stars

I liked the story, but struggled a bit with the writing.
Second half of the book was much better.
Give me action and WORDS!!!

I guessed the twist in the 1st chapter from his POV, when they told me he had a son.

Liked the heroine. I didn't support her every decision, but I don't dare to judge a woman, who lost her child.

Sweet hero. I adored how he cared for his kids. *swoon*

His brother & her BFF... I hope they stay together or will they get their own book(s)?

I didn't like that t
Shanny
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a story!!!!
This was a page turner if I ever read one. I truly couldn't put it down, I was pulled in from the very beginning .
The Darkest Sunrise was a beautiful, emotional, heartwarming and intense.
Another one of Aly's book not to be missed. Seriously you need to read it!
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 -4.5 ★'s

I was so happy to finally get a chance to read this duet that I didn't even take the time to read the blurb so consequently I had no clue what I was getting myself into. Holy Emotional Drama, Batman! It hurt so bad but it felt so good! ;)

We get taken to the past where Charlotte has a baby boy, Lucas. She's studying to be a doctor and one day on a walk through the park, there's a medical emergency and she dives right in. Sadly, after that nothing is ever the same.

Fast forward to the
Turning Pages At ...: Darkest Sunrise (Darkest Sunrise #1) by Aly Martinez 43 17 Aug 15, 2017 01:21PM
Born and raised in Savannah, Georgia, Aly Martinez is a stay-at-home mom to four crazy kids under the age of five- including a set of twins. Currently living in South Carolina, she passes what little free time she has reading anything and everything she can get her hands on, preferably with a glass of wine at her side.

More about Aly Martinez...

The Darkest Sunrise (2 books)
  • The Brightest Sunset (The Darkest Sunrise, #2)

“I assure you I have zero interest in commiserating with you. I wouldn’t understand your demons any more than you would understand my personal circle of hell.”
Her sad eyes flicked back to mine. “Then what do you want?”
I sucked in a deep breath that did nothing to calm the eternal storm brewing within me. “Just a little company in the darkness. No questions. No judgments. No faking it.”
4 likes
“sometimes, when the overwhelming weight of gravity had you pinned to the Earth, two hours of simple conversation with no pressure to pretend was the only reprieve people like us were ever going to get.” 2 likes