Start by marking “A Well-Crafted Home: Inspiration and 60 Projects for Personalizing Your Space” as Want to Read:
A Well-Crafted Home: Inspiration and 60 Projects for Personalizing Your Space

A Well-Crafted Home: Inspiration and 60 Projects for Personalizing Your Space

A beautiful, practical book for both aspiring makers and seasoned crafters. Here are 60 projects for high-quality furniture, textiles, and accessories to enjoy all through the house--plus all the techniques you need for dyeing or sewing fabric, cutting leather, antiquing mirrors, working with wood, and much more.

A Well-Crafted Home
includes simple, creative details that wi
Published September 26th 2017 by Clarkson Potter Publishers

To ask other readers questions about A Well-Crafted Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Well-Crafted Home

Lauren
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I. Love. This. Book.

I was so incredibly excited when I saw this as an option for a review on Blogging For Books (I received a copy in exchange for an honest review). I recently bought a new house and am having a fun time updating rooms and decorating -- pretty much everything in this book is my "style".

The instructions are easy to follow, the photos are gorgeous, and the projects are completely doable for someone who isn't the handiest or craftiest person on the planet. Each project has the skil
Susan
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is sure to please those who love the process of creating. Not only does it contain 60 projects to choose from but, it will no doubt inspire you to come up with your own projects for the home. I liked that the book was arranged according to rooms within the house and each project contained clear and easy to follow instruction. Whether you want to create something for the bedroom or the living room, this book has it covered.

Initially, I was interested in this book because it had several
Season Cotterell
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I simply loved A well-crafted home by Janet Crowther. I was so excited when it arrived and did not know what to expect other than the cover looked promising. Well, it did not disappoint. It is chuck full of beautiful pictures of DIY projects you can do yourself. These are all unique ideas. Not something I have seen before. I am so excited about that. I love finding a good project that is unique. I can't decide what to make first. My most favorite are the stenciled artwork, and the clay bowls. Th ...more
Lori
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: home-and-garden
This is a book that grabbed me by the cover. I love natural elements displayed throughout a home and this beautifully photographed collection includes sixty crafty projects.

I fell in love with the pillows, serving trays and trimmed waffle - weave blankets and found the techiniques of fabric dyeing to be very alluring.

This book has easy to follow instructions that will help you to create beautifully fashioned projects specific to your own desires.

Reviewed for Blogging for Books.
Gooshe Net
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is not a book about throwing things together you will end up getting rid of in a few months. Instead, A Well-Crafted Home lays the foundation for decorating and DIYing for the long haul.

Once you start things, it's hard to stop. I grew up with a carpenter for a dad. I would sit and watch him in the shop as he cut planks of wood, transferring them into beautiful and functional furnishings.

Andrea
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
I follow Janet Crowther on Instagram and was really excited for this book. While it's nicely laid out with pictures and instructions, it's too compact. There aren't any in progress pictures as you go, just finished products. For a visual person like me, this just doesn't work ={ I need photos of what's happening to guide my crafting. Sigh.
Meredith
Aug 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Gorgeous cover, pretty pictures of the final projects, things you'd actually want to make and keep! BUT could have broken down the steps a bit more by adding instructional photos to go with the text. I need the visual comparison of what I'm reading to what I'm doing.
SA
Apr 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
These are all interesting, beautiful, high-quality projects I will never in a million years do. But for those of a craftier bent than me, who have a hard-on for Scandinavian minimalism, this one's for you.
Corinnagoodwin
Jun 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Love the Idea of this book and It is so lovely , however I would not buy it.
Ashleigh
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2017
2.5
Brigette
30, 47, 62, 111, 165, 186, 19
T
Apr 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Great book that gives you ideas for home decorating
Ashani  Hettige
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cool,insightful and home decor made simple !
Courtni K
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’m a longtime crafter and always love trying new projects and techniques. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and feel it has a little something for everyone. “A well-crafted home” details 60 different projects across a variety of mediums and skill sets.

From simple painting and stamping techniques to sewing and woodworking, some projects require more specialized tools than others.

I appreciate that the projects (and recommended materials) listed are meant to create quality, long-lasting products that
Kristin
May 05, 2018
Lina Emery
Oct 04, 2017
Jonquil
rated it did not like it
May 14, 2019