Start by marking “A Taste of his own Medicine” as Want to Read:
A Taste of his own Medicine

A Taste of his own Medicine

How long can the desire for revenge last?

Kate Shaw, a successful pharmacist, goes to a thirty-year reunion at her old university and uses the weekend to settle some old scores. Her main target is her ex-lover, Jonathan. She decides to scar him for life as he scarred her. Her bizarre plan works but he shocks her with his strange, unwanted reaction.

What is the unexpected
Published November 28th 2016

To ask other readers questions about A Taste of his own Medicine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Taste of his own Medicine

Start your review of A Taste of his own Medicine
Dash fan
4☆ Dark, Twisty and Compelling with a good dash of Dark Humour.

If you had the chance to go to your university reunion would you go?
I know I definitely wouldn't!

Well that's exactly what Kate’s planning to do.

It's been 30 years since Kate was at uni studying Pharmaceutical.
After much deliberation and some gentle persuasion from her husband Neil and good friend Bella, she decides to attend her reunion. After all she runs a very successful chain, has a handsome hubby and has a good few scores to
Elaine
Wow - I never realised the intrigue and shenanigans in the world of pharmacists! This is a story in which Kate Shaw is convinced by her husband to attend the thirty year reunion of the pharmacists who all graduated with her. When her friend and fellow graduate, Becky, agrees to go, too, Kate decides to go with plans to get her revenge on some of them who she believes blighted her university life . . . . including Jonathan, her ex-lover, and a few others!!

Get ready for memories, apologies, plots,
Felicity Terry
Nov 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Proof that the female of the species is more deadly than the male? I don't so much know about that but A Taste Of His Own Medicine certainly lends some weight to the quote Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned/Nor Hell a fury like a woman scorned.

A what; a romance albeit one with a dark twist? A thriller; a story of long awaited revenge? The story of Kate, a woman with a long memory and a score to settle, A Taste Of His Own Medicine is both.

Set at an interesting time educationally; unive
E.L. Lindley
Mar 26, 2017 rated it liked it
A Taste of his own Medicine by Linda Fawke is a romance with a decidedly dark twist. The plot sees us crisscross from the 1970s to the present day and Fawke does a good job of drawing us in with her intriguing tale of revenge.

This is a novel with a lot to recommend, in particular Fawke’s attention to detail and the way she creates a vivid picture of university life in the early 70s. The main character Kate Shaw is a pharmacist and former member of the “class of 75” and Fawke cleverly constructs
Amanda
Nov 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
I read the synopsis for ‘A Taste Of His Own Medicine’ and it certainly sounded appealing. Plus Linda Fawke is a new author for me and I love discovering new authors. So without further ado, I grabbed a cup of tea, grabbed my Kindle and settled down for what I hoped would be a fab read. Well ‘A Taste Of His Own Medicine’ was an interesting and fab read, which I thoroughly enjoyed but more about that in a bit.
It didn’t take me long at all to get into this story. In fact by the time I got to the en
Heidi Lynn’s BookReviews
Nov 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First, I want to thank Linda Fawke and Rachel’s Random Resources for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

OH WOW!! Linda Fawke goes where rarely any other author goes on more than one occasion in A Taste of his own Medicine. I was totally and blown away by this book and could not put it down until the end.

Fiona Routlege created such a cute and such an appropriate cover design for Linda’s book. It not only went along with the theme of the title but the book as well.

Linda d
Sharon
Nov 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ahhh! College memories. Filled with hope, love, regret, and anger. This is Kate’s unhappy and shocking story of revenge on those who betrayed her, who hurt her, and who left her.

Kate is an analytical, single-minded workaholic who needs excitement and a purpose in life. So when her college friend Becky talks her into attending her thirtieth college reunion, Kate makes plans to get revenge on the people she once trusted and who made her university life a nightmare. Will she feel relieved, or will
Jessica Belmont
Dec 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Review:
A Taste of His Own Medicine by Linda Fawke is a good read! I really enjoyed the plot. Kate Shaw attends her thirty year reunion, and decides to get revenge! I think the characters were awesome. Each was so unique, it really helped me dive into this story head first.
The twists are great. I did not see the ending coming, and I loved the unexpectedness of it! The pacing was great, and this was an easy read, so I didn’t set it down until I was finished.
Enjoyable! Check it out.
Rating:
4/5☆
*I re
Babus Ahmed
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
A tantalising thriller about the reunion of a group of pharmacology graduates who meet after thirty years, but Kate, a flying student who was once top of the class has revenge in mind for those who wronged her years ago. However, will revenge go to plan and will the secrets from student day emerge once again?

This book became more gripping as I read and ended on quite a cliff-hanger, what I really wasn't expecting was how dark the characters are and how malevolent parts of this story was to read
Karen Andrew
Oct 11, 2020 rated it liked it
This was dark and funny in parts.
I much preferred the 1970s element of the story as opposed to the present day and loved the diary style writing.
The storyline itself is clever and interesting to read.
⭐⭐⭐
Amyy
Feb 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
Another romance novel, the last chapter was unnecessary and clearly wanting us to buy the second book to find out about Neil and Becky.
Tiziana Langone
Nov 13, 2020 rated it liked it
When a reunion is the perfect opportunity for some payback.

Pharmacist Kate Shaw is not eager to go to the thirty – year reunion of her old university. She hasn’t been in touch with many people, and initially she goes to please her friend Becky.
But slowly she realizes that the reunion is the perfect opportunity to get some revenge, especially when she learns that her ex – boyfriend Jonathan is going too.
But the more people she encounters, the longer her list of vengeance becomes. Will Kate get
Jenny Reeve
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished
Set around a 30 year University reunion.

This book is a good read overall with good plots. Kate Shaw is after revenge whilst she attends a 30-year reunion at her old University. There are a few old ‘Uni pals’ that need to be taught a lesson. The characters are very different from one another, which helps the story to unfold at a good pace. Some authors can drag a story out whilst introducing characters, but Linda does a very good job at keeping the saga steady.

Kate’s best friend Becky unwitting
Georgia Rose
Apr 14, 2017 rated it liked it
I received a copy of A Taste of his own Medicine from the author as part of Rosie Amber’s Book Review Team and in exchange for an honest review.

I chose to read this book because I liked the premise of it. Kate has been invited to a thirty-year reunion of all those with whom she had graduated her pharmacy course. The mere thought of this fills me with horror. I can’t remember names to put with faces and the idea of catching up, reminiscing and the inevitable retelling of stories that would only s
Jackie Stevens

• Meet Me in the Treehouse
  • The Sins of Allie Lawrence
  • Stolen Kiss with Her Billionaire Boss
  • A Little Christmas Hope
  • The Mystery of Montague House: An English cozy murder mystery (Summer & Wynter Mysteries Book 1)
  • Tempted by the Tycoon's Proposal
  • Christmas at the Little Waffle Shack (Heritage Cove, Book 2)
  • A Christmas Wedding at the Castle (Life on the Moors, #5)
  • The Chocolate Box
  • It's Raining Men
  • This Changes Everything: An uplifting story of love and family from TV wine expert Helen McGinn
  • In Pursuit of Happiness