Start by marking “Perfect Catch” as Want to Read:
Perfect Catch

Perfect Catch

Calvin Lynch and Troy Hoffman have been best mates since they were fourteen years old. They’re both hard-working tradesmen, both love weekends away fishing, both gay, but have never been single at the same time. Until now.

What is supposed to be a weekend away fishing with a group of mates, changes at the last minute when friends bail out in an attempt to give Cal and Troy
Published January 10th 2017 by BlueHeart Press

To ask other readers questions about Perfect Catch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfect Catch

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Originally reviewed as part of:

It Was Always You by Cardeno C.

This was one of my favorite stories in the anthology.

~4.25~

BFFs-to-lovers; Aussies; tentative HEA; steam: moderate-high

Slowww burn with plenty of sexy times! I wish Walker wrote this kind of steam all the time, because she's damn good at it. I really enjoyed this story of two manly guys who've been best friends forever but have never gotten together. One camping trip changes everything.

I really wanted (no, NEEDED!) an epilogue, but the MCs have great chemistr
Exina
Cal and Troy are best friends since the eighth grade. Everyone sees except the two of them that they are completely in love with each other. So their friends decide to give them a weekend alone in hope that they’d work things out.

Away from town, just the two of them, finally they confess their feelings for each other.

The fishing setting is not my thing, but Perfect Catch is an N.R. Walking-ly sweet story, with some sexy time.

Gigi
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was in a warm/fuzzy NR Walker mood and I realized I'd never read this one.

NR Walker delivers on the fluff! Sweet and sexy and a great addition to her fabulous work.
Jewel
I loved this best-friends-to-lovers story. NR Walker just does them so right! Perfect Catch was just gorgeous.
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4.5 Stars***

"There was only you. It was always you. Since I was fourteen years old and you told me you liked boys too. It's been you."

It's friends to lovers and N.R. Walker...need I say more?

Oh, I do? Okay...

READ THIS!!! DO IT!!

It's the perfect sweet and sexy fun-sized read. It'll put a smile on your face from beginning to end.

"...if we're going to do the whole best friends-to-lovers thing, we'd better go about it properly, yeah?"

"I thought we crossed that line already?"

"We frotted th
~Kristin~
~Perfect Catch by NR Walker~
**4.5 Stars**
This friends to lovers story was wonderful, these two were childhood best friends that had always had feelings for the other, but the timing was always off and they never confessed their true feelings. The build up was slow and the tension was high, but when they finally clicked into place it was fantastic, and wonderfully hot! It was a little sappy and emotional, but when it's done right...I'm a total sucker for it and eat it up. Loved this couple..plain
BWT (Belen)
Dec 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet, slow burn best friends to lovers romance that made me smile and say, "Awww!"

I first read this story in the It Was Always You anthology and enjoyed it just as much the second time around.

Told from Calvin Lynch's POV, he's been in love with his best friend, Troy Hoffman, since they were fourteen but hasn't ever approached him about it. He finally has the chance to see what could happen between them during a fishing weekend, but is still scared to ruin the best friendship he's eve
☆ Todd
Mar 11, 2017 rated it liked it

I 'should' have loved this one, but instead, it just left me feeling mostly "meh."

Zero idea why, but there it is... :- /
Elsbeth

This story was originally part of this anthology:

It Was Always You by Cardeno C.

It may become one of my favorite comfort reads. Troy and Cal were awesome!!

review posted at "It was Always You"

I just love ms Walker’s writing. Her characters are always so swoonworthy. I loved this one the most. Troy and Cal go on a camping trip to do some fishing cause that’s what friends do. They are so comfortable with each other. They were like a left and a right hand. For years they secretly have been pining for each other but have nev
Chappy
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a "perfect" little story. Troy and Calvin have been best friends forever...now if only one of them has the courage to make the first move.
Meep
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cute, light-fun-read
Lovely friends to lovers with a real sense of the friendship and that friendship and familiarity continuing.

Quite a lot of blushes but really liked these guys. A nice light read with lots of connection, exactly what I was after.

Only complaint is I'd love a little more of the fic ;)
Daphne
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-books, m-m-read
Another great short that packed a punch. I can always count on this author to write something that I enjoy reading and this story is no different. Troy and Cal are long-time friends who never had the timing right - until this camping trip with a timely rainstorm and a ten for two. There's not a lot of umph here, the story is pretty straightforward, but sometimes that's just what the doctor ordered.

Side note: if you love the Aussie slang, this one is full of it with the brekky and utes etc.
Pavellit
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cal and Troy's story is my favorite one from the anthology It Was Always You by Cardeno C. . The simplicity is the key. And such a romantic, erotic and masterly build up storyline.
They have known each other for ten years, but life haven’t put hem on the same page. There's been never really a time when they have been single at the same time, until now. Until a camping trip.

'Because it was getting to the point where I couldn’t keep pretending I wasn’t in love with my best friend. I didn’t have a choice anymore. I had to eith
Ula'ndi Hart
Overall book rating: 4 .25
Audio Book: N/A
Book Cover: 4

I know it’s short..but boy was it good!! Such a great feel-good story!

Did I want more???

I just loved both Troy and Cal from the start and I loved every page of the story. I think it packed a punch.

And it didn’t leave you wondering about what will happen when they get back to reality!

Why did I wait so long before reading this again???? LOVED it!
Maria
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Again with the tent in woods! Aussie friends to lovers story. It's short and every page counts. Our MC's have tapped danced around each other for years. It takes a fishing trip, a rainstorm, wet clothes and an air mattress to finally see the light. Very enlightening!
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited, m-m
That was so sweet and so easy.

Exactly what I needed after a very emotional read.

Perfect Catch indeed.
namericanwordcat
3.5 Stars

Awwwww. This is a super sweet and super hot friends to lovers romance with two best friends who finally take the risk of telling each other how they feel.

This is a feel good love story with a great setting.
Kudrat Kaur
description

It’s hard. Hard to have a short story or novella capture you and leave you destroyed afterwards, and then begin to try to explain what it did to you. As though you couldn’t get enough, or you just had your heart go through a shredder. This was not one of them.

So little happens, and from page 1 you know the whole outline of what’s going to go down. Yet, I was there for the ride. Because who doesn’t love a story where you fall in love with your best friend? Someone who’s been there for you, throug
Heather the Queen of (Smut)Books
Another Walker beauty.
Shannon

I first read this when it was part of the It Was Always You anthology that came out last year- I love that the authors have been releasing them on their own.
Cal and Troy are best friends who just needed that push to show them what's always been there, right in front of them. I love friends-to-lovers stories so much, I just can't get enough of them! And when the characters are as cute and as sweet as Cal and Troy, it makes my heart so happy.
Kai
Adorable, sweet, hot and short!

Although miscommunications between MC is something I really hate in my books, I liked this one and how it was written.
It was a lovely and cute short story.
I'd love to read more about Calvin and Troy! :D
Claudia
Jun 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Ivan Shy
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short, m-m, steamy
I really loved this tale of love. They've known each other for years, but life never gave a chance for something more until now- a camping trip, where all restrains fell . It's hot, gentle and romantic short story. Also it's wonderfully well written, than made me feel good and want more.
Victoria  love books
MC1: Calvin
MC2: Troy

Denise
4 Stars

Sweet, fluffy, heart-warming story. All the adorbs and all the cutesy feels. Medium steam and low angst. Walker's writing was fantastic and managed to not only pack a punch but develop a backstory, a mighty feat for a novella. Highly recommended.

farmwifetwo
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m-romance
Walker always writes a good story but this one was nothing more than a sappy, romance. There was little plot, and just a couple of guys getting together finally. She tried for a little angst but making the one a bit scared but overall, it wasn't as good as the author usually writes. Actually, it felt like a really short "red dirt". Same characters, different plot, same "gung ho" of one, "he's going to leave me" of the other.
Jenny
This is the second book I've read by this author, the first book I absolutely loved, so I'm not too surprised that I loved this one too, this is a short m/m friends to lovers story, it's super sweet with naughty times thrown in, My only complaint is I would have loved this to be longer so I could enjoy more from this couple, would definitely read again :-)
I really need to check out more from N.R Walker!
Morgan  Skye
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was originally part of the It Was Always You anthology I reviewed here:

Perfect Catch was one of my favorites in this anthology and this version doesn’t have any extra added in so if you’ve read the anthology, this may not be necessary.

However, if you didn’t get the anthology, this is a pretty sweet little novella about two guys who’ve been best friends forever, both gay, who just never hooked up because the time wasn’t right.

Now, neither is seeing anyone and on a fishing trip orchestrated b
Mercedes
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
I found this actually kind of terrible. Just lots of sex. So if that's what you are looking for you will probably like this story. I wanted a bit more substance.
Shelby
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
This was okay... but annoying.

Cal loves Tory. They kiss, they confess their mutual love, they frot. The next day, Tory is all like, "I can't just do casual with you".... and like, you both already established that you've been in love with each other for a decade... I think you're already passed causal. But, they decided to be boyfriends. They kiss, they have phone sex, they fall asleep in each other's arms. Tory freaks out and is all like "this can't just be a fling" and I'm like, did they not
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Taken
  • When Adam Kissed Me (Inseparable, #2)
  • The Best Part
  • Married for a Month
  • Tonight
  • To Feel the Sun
  • Rough Edges
  • Risk Taker (Mixed Messages, #3)
  • BTW I Love You
  • Cupid's Beau
  • Where the Lovelight Gleams
  • Man of the Match
  • Leaning Into Love (Leaning Into, #1)
  • Sock it to Me, Santa!
  • What Happens at Christmas
  • Making It Work
  • Pura Vida
  • BFF
Author also writes as A. Voyeur

N.R. Walker is an Australian author, who loves her genre of gay romance. She loves writing and spends far too much time doing it, but wouldn't have it any other way.

She is many things; a mother, a wife, a sister, a writer. She has pretty, pretty boys who she gives them life with words.

She likes it when they do dirty, dirty things...but likes it even more when they fa