Start by marking “Angel's Share” as Want to Read:
Angel's Share

Angel's Share

When something is taken away, it can make what’s left all the sweeter – in winemaking, they call it the ‘angels’ share’.

Mattie Cameron thinks she’s got it all figured out: an impressive career in London, a gorgeous boyfriend and brilliant friends. But after a freak skiing accident leaves her with serious injuries, a broken heart and a job she can no longer do, moving bac
Published May 2017 by Nero

To ask other readers questions about Angel's Share, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angel's Share

Start your review of Angel's Share
Suzanne
A low key, light Aussie story that didn't push the boundaries of anything solid. I think this is a 2.5 star read for me, rounded up to 3.

I do love a winery setting and had previously enjoyed this cute one A Taste For It. Mattie has a terrible skiing accident while working in England. Homeward bound back to Australia to recover and find her feet again.

Family dramas, fracking, and romance, things always seemed to work out nicely. Lots of over the top Aussie slang, I find in in
Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
* 4.5 stars https://mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com
Last year I had the pleasure of reading Kayte Nunn’s debut novel, Rose’s Vintage. With the rise in popularity of Australian rural romances set around vineyards, I classed Rose’s Vintage as the best of the bunch. A chance to revisit the memorable characters, as well as stunning region of the fictional town Shingle Valley, through reading Angel’s Share was a welcome one. Although this book is the second in the Shingle Valley series, it can very easily be read as a stand alone novel.
Sam Still Reading
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: people who enjoy Australian fiction
Look at the cover for Angel’s Share by Kayte Nunn. It just radiates warmth, sunshine and relaxing times, right? What’s even better is that the novel inside these pages is just as warmth, heartfelt and relaxing. It’s like you can step inside into the world of the characters in Shingle Valley and just relax. The story is enjoyable and sprinkled with sunshine.

If you’ve read Rose’s Vintage, you will be familiar with some of the characters of this book. If not, it honestly doesn’t matter
Michelle
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Matilda 'Mattie' Cameron is in her early thirties, and is enjoying a successful life in London.
She headed there from Australia in her late teens to pursue a career there, and hasn't seen her parents or her brother Mark in years.
She now has a handsome beau, a great group of girlfriends, and a job at an advertising agency that is impressive yet highly demanding.
So when her boyfriend Johnny organises a skiing trip to Switzerland for ten days with Mattie and a couple of friends, she can
Library_geek
Apr 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult-fiction
To be honest, this is not the type of book I would normally read. I am a huge fan of general and historical fiction, and Non fiction titles. However, when I was given the opportunity to read this book I thought why not. I am actually pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it and found myself reading the whole thing over two days. I got engrossed in Mattie Cameron's story and found myself wanting some awesome stuff to happen for this women whose life seemed to be going backwards rather than f ...more
Zed
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Angel's Share is an entertaining, comforting, delightful read. I enjoyed the writing and felt fully immersed in the story.

I liked that time was taken to really get a sense of the characters and the setting. However, I never felt like I really knew Charlie all that well. In the beginning it felt like it was setting up for a slow build, epic romance. Instead, the romance was more of a charming side story in amongst the bigger picture of family, community, and Mattie's own journey of finding her place
Anita
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Truly enjoyed reading 'Angel's Share', had fun with the ocker phrases and Golden Gaytime memories. Shingle Valley was delectably described, and the clash between 'mines and vines' is a very timely and emotive issue. More RM Williams than bodice-ripping, more dust than lust - this rural romance will seduce those readers not into potboilers.

Thanks to Goodreads and Nero for an advanced reading copy.
Apr 22, 2017 rated it liked it
I received my ARC through a Goodreads giveaway, thank you to Nero.
I enjoyed this Australian story, it was an upbeat and quick contemporary read. The Characters of Mattie and Rose were easy to love, and the writing moved along well. Kayte Nunn writes about the vineyard landscapes beautifully, I really enjoyed the setting in this novel. My only criticisms are at some points the plot was quite predictable and I felt there was an overuse of similes and Australianisms.
Janice Park
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved reading this! As a follow on from her first book ‘Rose’s Vintage’ I loved the introduction of new characters and the way they weave their way into the story. I loved the surroundings & foodie descriptions. A nice easy read that left me wanting more with a nice glass of wine on the side! 🍷👍
Karen Dunick
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful read and follow up to Rose's Vintage. It was so good to be back in the Shingle Valley to catch up on how everyone was going and I loved the way Mattie was introduced into the story, as well as other characters such as Cara. Fantastic read!
Alex
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rose's vintage was a great 1st book but Angel's Share was an unexpectedly amazing 2nd book for such a new author! Flowing storyline that kept me up late turning the pages and so beautifully told.
Sanchia
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a great read following on from Rose's Vintage. Love the additional characters who rock up in Shingle Valley and family/community life scenes that Nunn paints. I love to get to the a-ha moment in a book when the title is used. Looking forward to what Kayte does next
Diane
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nunn-kayte
Paired with the first book, Rose's Vintage, Angel's Share is the perfect accompaniment. Delightful reading from Kayte Nunn.
Jessica
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
A wonderful read! Absolutely loved it!!
Bec
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Please let there be another book in the pipeline that continues this story? 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
Pam Tickner
Mar 18, 2017 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars. Thanks for Goodreads and Nero for my ARC. This is 2nd book, but also stand alone, set in fictional Shingle Valley, a wine growing region in NSW. The book is well written, the story moves along well, following Mattie, who returns home from 10 years in London to recuperate after a near fatal skiing accident. She moves in with her brother Mark, who has established a successful boutique winery. Although a rural romance, it does delve into topical issues such as fraking. An enjoyable rea ...more
Stacey Houllis
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tricia
Jun 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Matty, an Aussie girl living in the U.K. Has an accident and returns home to recuperate at her family's vineyard. There she meets up with Charlie, a man from her past.

This book is the second of a series but is a stand alone novel. I received it as a giveaway through Goodreads.

This book is probably a 3.5 for me. I did enjoy it and it was a fun read but it didn't grab me. It is a good read on a Sunday afternoon with a glass of wine. I had not read anything by this author before but I
Tracey Anderson
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another good book by Kayte Nunn. I enjoyed catching up with previous characters, as well as meeting a batch of newcomers to the Shingle Valley. I'm hoping there will be a third book in this series.
Kel
Sep 11, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
Just can't get into this one, I don't like the way it is written, I read a few chapters and could not tell you a thing I have read
Leesa Knight
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely read, great follow on from Rose's Vintage. I hope there's 3rd book on the way.
Noelene
May 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
I won this book as part of a goodread giveaway. It was an easy read but it lacked tension throughout between the main characters and felt flat in places.
Megan
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Didn't spend as much time with main characters as I would have liked.
BookWorm
Dec 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Another well written book by Kayte Nunn but I did find the use of Aussie slang heavy handed this time around.

The characters were all three dimensional and likeable. I enjoyed following Mattie's personal journey. The progression of the romantic relationship was maybe a bit patchy but it was still cute.

I'm glad we were given insight into what Rose from Book One was up to. There were also some other interesting supporting characters such as Cara. I look forward to seeing if there's more books rel
colleen waters
Kay Huett
Aug 24, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Table For Eight
  • Homecoming By The Sea (Haunting by the Sea #1)
  • Secrets By The Sea (Haunting by the Sea #2)
  • Missing by the Sea (Haunting By The Sea Book 3)
  • Betrayal By The Sea (Haunting By The Sea Book 4)
  • The Butterfly Room
  • Thanksgiving by the Sea (Haunting by the Sea, #5)
  • The Pearl Thief
  • The Accidental Tour Guide
  • The Tea Chest
  • Pilgrim in the Parlor (The Inn at Holiday Bay #6)
  • The Carer
  • Where The Story Starts
  • Leaving Ocean Road
  • Harper (A Hathaway Sister Mystery, #1)
  • Two Heartbeats
  • The Single Ladies of Jacaranda Retirement Village
  • The Path to the Sea
Without being really aware of it, I have always written - angst-ridden teenage diaries, bad poetry, little bits of stories and so on. After studying English and publishing at university I worked in book publishing as an assistant and then an editor. Realising that I wanted to do more of my own writing, I went to work in magazines, first as a features writer, a copy editor and then an editor.

I hav