Start by marking “Taming Teddy (Made Marian, #2)” as Want to Read:
Taming Teddy (Made Marian, #2)

Taming Teddy

(Made Marian #2)

Teddy: If there’s one thing I don’t do, it’s commitment. You don’t become an award-winning photographer by staying in one place. I’m always on the road, looking for the next shot, the next award, the next hot body. Which is how I end up on Dr. James Marian’s front porch in the middle-of-nowhere Alaska. He’s known as the Wildlife Whisperer, and I want to photograph him in a ...more
Published December 11th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Taming Teddy, please sign up.
Terri Jones Go to "My Books" and click "want to read" from the list on the left. Find the entry in that list, click the "X" to the right, and click OK that will r…moreGo to "My Books" and click "want to read" from the list on the left. Find the entry in that list, click the "X" to the right, and click OK that will remove it from your books. This works for any book in "My Books."(less)

Start your review of Taming Teddy (Made Marian, #2)
Erth
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Taming Teddy is a bit more serious. It has more weight to the story. The banter in this book is a little less jovial and fun loving and more sarcastic and dry. The MC's were both lovable great guys but they didn't hit it off immediately. They didn't have that lightning strike moment like Tristan and Blue did where from the get go it was easy and just meant to be. Teddy and Jamie had to work a little for their relationship. And speaking of work! It was really interesting to have both of their car ...more
Deborah
Dec 29, 2016 rated it liked it

Having loved the previous book 'Borrowing Blue' I moved straight onto this one, if I'm being honest it was Jude's book I really wanted to read and I'd hoped this would be his but I happily started this.
I really liked Jamie and this is a nice cute read but it wasn't, for me anyway as good as the previous book. While I didn't dislike Teddy I just never really felt the connection between them this wasn't helped by the fact that they constantly referred to each other by their names, it just seemed o
Meags
4.5 Stars

This series is hitting all of my romance buttons. It's sappy and fluffy and the drama is sometimes OTT, but I can't seem to get enough! I daresay a slight obsession may be forming where this series is concerned.

In this sequel to Borrowing Blue, wildlife photographer Teddy Kodiak (yep, that's his name) wiggles his way into the life of wildlife consultant Jamie Marian.

What begins as a professional endeavour - photographing Jamie "the wildlife whisper" in gorgeous scenic locations and in
Christelle
**4 well deserved stars**
I was pleasantly surprised when I stumbled on this series. I loved the banter and the steam level was so good and, despite being a bit OTT, I had a great time. I don’t know why I skipped Teddy and Jamie’s story. So far, it’s the one I really preferred out of the three I read.

We were introduced to the Marian family in book 1 and this time, we get the story of Jamie, a wildlife consultant, nicknamed the “animal whisperer” and leaving for the time being in Alaska. A famous
Shile
5 stars for the audio-book
3.5 for the story

Michael Pauley's enthusiastic narration gave life to this book. I skipped this due to mixed reviews, i am glad i decided to read it because i actually liked it. This series sometimes can be OTP but for some reason i don't mind. The Marian clan have become special to me.

I Loved

- Jamie the nerdy animal whisperer Marian brother. He was polite, sweet, caring and an animal lover.

- I liked Teddy when he was not being a chicken-shit Jerk, he had his good mome
Wendy

I really enjoyed the first book in this series and I was looking forward to reading this second one very much. Unfortunately I didn't enjoy it as much as book 1.

Maybe it was because I didn't feel onnection with the characters. I liked Jamie but I didn't really care a lot for Teddy. He wasn't a bad guy, but he didn't leave a big impression on me either. Maybe it was because I missed all the other crazy characters from the previous book. They were funny and they made me laugh. That's something
Denise H.
*** Here we have book 2 in the "Made Marian" series. *** I love the diverse Marian family.
This is an amazing story of longing and loving. Two lonely men who merge into happiness.
We see Jaime, 30ish, working with wildlife,

a "whisperer" in Denali Alaska. We see his ability to communicate and speak to them.

Older Teddy has used a deception

to get to see Jaime in Alaska, because he needs a photo for a prestigious award, so they start out badly, and Jaime only tolerates this man that wormed his wa
* A Reader Obsessed *
4 Sequel Stars!

Whelp. I’ve got to say that the second book in this series was just as wonderful as the first!

Teddy is a pretty darn good wildlife photographer, and he only wants to up his prestige. What better way to do that than to get the animal whisperer of all whisperers to help him achieve his goal. There’s just one little snag. Said whisperer Jamie, wants nothing to do with the persistent and pesky photog. His job and ability is not effortless, and Jamie doesn’t want to misrepresent realit
Dia
3,5 stars actually

As much as I enjoyed the writing, something felt off. I loved the first book in the series, Borrowing Blue much more!
I can't say I understood Teddy's actions and some things felt forced.

The ending was too sugary sweet for me and well, I can't say I am curious enough to continue the series. The love declaration we get in the end felt so cheesy. Ugh!
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars!

I held off on reading this one because I didn't get a very good impression of Teddy for some reason. But I ended up liking Teddy quite a bit more then Jamie honestly.

I really like this series, for what it is. It's light, easy, enjoyable, fun, steamy.

I've liked all of the books about the same honestly but the conflict towards the end of this one - with Jamie's ex Brian really pissed me off. It was so out of the blue and ridiculous I almost DNFd at that point.

But then Teddy's speech m
Jenni Lea
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku
Even after all my bitching and moaning about the stupid Big Misunderstanding trope, I ended up loving this. I thought it was even better than book one. I loved both Teddy and Jamie.

Still coulda done without the BM though.
Michael S.
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The feelz.... I need to take a break from books like these, or my husband is going to think something is seriously wrong with me. Staring at a screen with your eyes welling up isn't an auspicious look. Happy tears, though.

This series is shaping up to be gold. I loved the first book, and this one didn't disappoint, either. Disclosure: I grew up in Alaska, so I might be granting a few extra points for the nostalgia factor.

Again Lennox does a very good job of making intense, fast-developing romance
DW
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: made-marian-mm
I loooove Jamie and Teddy. They were so fun. Such a sweet couple!!
Gigi
Dec 30, 2016 marked it as dnr-dnf-not-4-me
Shelves: mm-contemporary
I just wasn't able to finish this one. It wasn't like books 1 and 3 and bored me a little. Will read books 4 and 5 and hope for better luck!
Shin Mon Thway
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
I absolutely adore this book too. How in the hell Lucy Lennox nails with the cover models every time? Teddy the Kodiak bear is suuuppperrr hot!

The story is quite different from the first book and I love it. While the first book was all about a dramatic wedding with so many funny and lively characters, the second book is about two lonely souls who are afraid of getting hard from being in a committed relationship but managed to overcome their fears and eventually get their ultimate HEA. Though no
Heather the Queen of (Smut)Books
Whoa this author REALLY gets down on the sex scenes. This book is more emotionally passionate than the first but still hot af. Again OTT with a bit of the turmoil but it was over quickly and ended with a really lovely and funny epilogue. I know some reviewers had a problem with Teddy because in the beginning before meeting he's a bit pushy and after their first encounter he says something highly insensitive that totally came out wrong. He got a bad rap, trust me. He more than makes up for it. He ...more
Janja
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it

When the author in the story describes nature and animals that you can present them live, besides adding two men who still write their love story, I think we can say that it is the top book
BWT (Belen)
Feb 17, 2017 marked it as no-or-probably-never
Let me explain quickly why I tapped out of this at 10% and will probably not go back to it without someone assuring me of certain things:

Consent. It's a trigger point for me.

And by 10% almost every conversation is Jamie refusing in some way and Teddy ignoring, steamrolling, or outright going against Jamie's expressed wishes.

There's stalking behavior that's ignored because Teddy is "beautiful" - and I'm just not down with any of it.

It all drives me nuts. So even though the narration for this was
Ariana
Sep 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ku, lgbtq
*3,5 stars*

I really really enjoyed this book until the last quarter or so.
Up to then the 'enemies to friends to lovers' theme was well done:
good banter, snarky conversations, sexy scenes and some mild heart-ache. Not to forget adorable wildlife on top of it all!
The last bit of the book was far too sweet, unrealistic and over the top. Which is a shame because this could have been more.

All in all a good fun, light romance, but be aware of the overdose of sugar at the end.
Trio
Jan 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Mmm, I can see why most people say this isn't their favorite book in the series. I really didn't like Teddy. What he does to Jamie in the beginning... I never got over it and held it against him for the entire book.

I did like the ending, but there was just a bunch of unnecessary angst.

I enjoy the way the stories overlap, so as far as a series goes I'm down... there was a ton of research in this one and Lucy Lennox really is a gifted author. It's taking me awhile to get through the whole series,
Bitchie
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m-romance, ku
Reader's edit- 10/14/18: I've been told the author edited the scene in question since I read the book. Better, but still not sure if I'll be reading this author again.

Reader's edit- 10/13/18: apparently, I missed/blocked out a scene with some pretty messed up transphobia, so I'm adjusting my rating down 2 stars, and warning, there *was* a scene of pretty messed up transphobic comments, laughed off as a joke, but still, not cool, author. Not cool.

This author was already on my maybe, maybe not li
❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
Jan 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Fantastic Alaskan Hike in Denali

The trail was stunning. The descriptive writing was fab. The 1st smexy scene was just freakin weird? And, I fell out of the book and it took awhile for me to get back in. Overall, I liked it.
Michelle Dee
I really wanted to give this 4 Stars. I really did. But while I generally claim to not really have much of a conscience - much less a good one - what conscience I had left wouldn't allow me to award those extra stars.

Let me start from the beginning. So, I enjoyed Taming Teddy more than Borrowing Blue in almost every way. Pretty much all the problems that I found in Borrowing Blue were present in Taming Teddy, but just to a much lesser degree.

There was way less instalove (well, no instalove
Nerea
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-favorites

FAVS SHELF! This book is absolutely beautiful. I was imagining all the scenes with a beautiful panoramic landscapes and a piano background music ♥

The main characters have an amazing chemistry!! Since their first contact by email you could feel the good tuning in their conversations, so when they are apart I feel miserable, like them xD.

We also could see a big improvement from the book one! I liked it but I found it very over the top and messy but this one is more mature, it shows a research wor
Cadiva
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome follow up to Borrowing Blue

I need more stars. This is not only just as good as Lennox's debut novel Borrowing Blue, it's probably better.

The story inside absolutely matches up with the hotness and beauty on the cover and is an utterly delightful romance set in the wilds of Alaska, the heat of Maui and all points in between.

As I said with the first one, it's difficult to explain why I've enjoyed these two books so much, they don't do anything new or radically different to other romance no
Chris
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
I really enjoyed this and found the chemistry between these two characters much more believable than the boys in book 1 .... the humor and dogged persistence particularly from Teddy won me over and I liked the fact that the story didn't include the family until the end, I felt they deserved their own time to unfold as characters. Worth the read for sure - sweet & warm ❤ ...more
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, kindle-unlimited
Is it lazy to repeat myself?

I'm trying to not be lazy.

Fuck it.

Delightful.

Another very sweet, fun, romantic and hot, hot, hot installment in this series.

I'm having a great time reading these.

On to the next!
Amanda
I wonder am I the only rare one who actually love this book more than Borrowing Blue. I know Jamie and Teddy have issue, the misunderstanding, the distance and etc etc, but I find myself rooting for them more than the previous couple.

Teddy is a wildlife photographer who keep pestering Jamie, the wildlife whisperer to allow him to take some photo shoot of Jamie at work. Teddy is very charming and funny and he cooks, so Jamie's cold heart was thaw in minutes and proceed to get into Teddy's pants.
Aղցela W.
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was book 2 in the "Made Marian" series. Teddy Kodiak is an award-winning photographer who doesn't do commitment. Dr. Jaime Marian is known as the Wildlife Whisperer he is a wildlife vet who is stationed in Denali, Alaska he is also nursing a broken heart he was stood up at the alter by his ex Brian who turned out to be married to a woman. When Teddy begins sending him emailing and calling him asking to take photos of him he says no until Teddy shows up at his cabin he goes behind Jaime' ...more
Ula'ndi Hart
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, cover-i-like
Overall book rating: 3.5
Audio Book: N/A
Book Cover: 4

One of my favourite things about the story? The Baby Dall thing.

I enjoyed the read, though I have to say, it didn’t live up to the first one for me. Tristan and Blue is still may favourite.

I have to give credit where it’s due though, it wasn’t a replica of book one with the exception of the MC’s names, as some authors fall into that trap sometimes. The story was its own and I still enjoyed it. Just not as much as I hope to have.

There was sti

• Salvation (The Protectors, #2)
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • Forsaken (The Protectors, #4)
  • Absolution (The Protectors, #1)
  • Defiance (The Protectors, #9)
  • Retribution (The Protectors, #3)
  • Vengeance (The Protectors, #5)
  • Revelation (The Protectors, #7)
  • Redemption (The Protectors, #8)
  • Nailed (Four Bears Construction, #2)
  • A Protectors Family Christmas (The Protectors, #5.5)
  • Atonement (The Protectors, #6)
  • Finding Peace (Finding, #3)
  • Off Plan (Whispering Key, #1)
  • Virtually Screwed (Love & Luck #2)
  • Hat Trick (Fake Boyfriend #5)
I only keep a small list of my very favorite books and series in my bookshelf here. I read A LOT and it's hard to keep the list updated!

Made Marian (10 books)
  • Borrowing Blue (Made Marian, #1)
  • Jumping Jude (Made Marian, #3)
  • Jude's Lullabye (Made Marian, #3.1)
  • Grounding Griffin (Made Marian, #4)
  • Moving Maverick (Made Marian, #5)
  • Delivering Dante (Made Marian, #6)
  • A Very Marian Christmas (Made Marian, #7)
  • Made Mine (Made Marian, #8)
  • Made Marian Mixtape (Made Marian, #9)