Start by marking “To Fall For You” as Want to Read:
To Fall For You

To Fall For You

When Emma is shocked to the core by a surprise break-up, the sudden arrival of the 'new girl at school' sends her into a frenzy and pushes her down a journey of heartbreak and betrayal. Will Emma be able to overcome life's hurdles and learn to love again? After spending her life moving around and facing troubles of her own, Ren
Published January 1st 2017

To ask other readers questions about To Fall For You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Fall For You

Start your review of To Fall For You
Elizabeth Mathis

After spending her life moving around and facing troubles of her own, Renée is glad to be in her last year of school. That is, until she meets Emma. Will Renée be able to find acceptance and friendship in her new town?

Rating: 2/5 Penguins
Quick
Shefali
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An amazing book of love, heartbreak, and friendships - a quintessential Young Adult narrative, with a beautiful plot and well developed characters. To Fall for You is truly an intriguing and delightful read.

You cannot help but feel pity for Emma as she is confronted by a painful heartbreak in the form of a break up on the first day of a new school year. On the other hand, we have Renee, who has to change schools ever so often and there is this overhanging doubt of whether she'll find friends in
Courtney
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Courtney by: Booktasters
Renée's family moves around a lot and because of that her only real friend is her older brother, Fayne (love that name!). Dreading being the new girl in a new school again, she expects this year to be the same as always: lonely and friendless.

Emma begins her first day of her last school year by going through a bad break up with her boyfriend of over four years. Determined to move on, she and her best friend Aimee decide to befriend Renée and welcome the new girl. Just as the girls start
Kylie Lacovich (The Reading Cow)
I first heard about this book from a friend on Facebook. Learning that the author lives in my home town and was releasing her first book, I immediately pre ordered it!

I began reading not really knowing what I was getting myself in to. I was a little put off by the dual point of view at first, but I kept reading as the story grabbed me right from the beginning. Before I knew it, I was over half way through!

I soon settled in to the flow of the dual POV and flashbacks, and found myself constantly
Keep Calm Novel On
Jan 22, 2017 rated it liked it
To Fall For You by R. J. Groves is a touching Young Adult Romance. Renee is the new girl in town and she has attended a variety of schools. The anxiety of yet another change is evident. Emma and her friend introduce themselves to Renee on day one. The story is certainly character driven and follows the drama that many experiences in high school. The author deals with many issues including but not limited to first love, relationships, and bereavement. The short chapters quickly move the story ...more
Cass Alexander
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a very sweet romance and a solid debut for R.J. Groves. She did an excellent job of tapping into some of the teenage angst and irrational emotions that first loves can inspire in a young person. I don't typically read such clean romances (hey, don't judge!), but I enjoyed reading this. It reminded me of my high school days and how so many things were the 'end of the world,' especially when it came to the opposite sex. And I always appreciate a happy ending.

I read some of the other
Juliana Botha
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Received this book from the Author for an honest review.

This is a YA type of book, a bit to young for me to have read but i liked it anyway.
This story follows 5 individuals in there last year of high school.
Emma, best Friend Aimee, ex-boyfriend Kane , newbie Renée , Fayne (Renée's older brother) & James ( Kane's best friend).
This book starts out as a bit sad, cause Emma is brokenhearted and as the story develops you find out just why that is.
This scene is typical for high school 'Kids', i
Angela Mazon
Jan 20, 2017 rated it liked it
To Fall For You is about Emma, who just recently broke up with her boyfriend, and Renee, who just started studying at Emma’s school. Little do they know, that once their paths crossed, it would be not an easy one.

This book started great. I fell in love instantly because not only I get one POV but I got two! I like the characters. They are different from what I'm used to but they are totally relatable. I understand their decisions and why they did it. That's totally amazing because I don't agree
Cabiria Aquarius
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well that didn't take me long at all. I knew it wouldn't take me long. January 22-January 24.

The characters really made me feel and I felt with them. My emotions really went on a roller coaster and I love that feeling.

It was a good length, not too long, not too short.

My stomach shook with emotion as I read. I didn't want to put it down. I always wanted to know what would happen next. I love those books. The books that you're okay with putting down are good but not as good.

I can't believe
Jay's Book Castle
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
O.M.G this book was amazing! I absolutely loved this book and all the plot twists and the love interests were so unexpected and I related to both Emma and Rénee in soo many ways and the end was just perfect!! So glad this is my first read of 2017!!
Steph R
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved this book. While it is a bit of a slow starter I would strongly advise that you perservere as it just gets better and better with the last half of the book being unputdownable!
It's a young adult story and it tells of Emma, who is freshly heartbroken and Renee who has just been moved with her family once again and is unsure of what to expect.
I love that the story is not predictable, it isn't your usual young adult tale and so I was pleasantly surprised. I also really like the
Masha Sibil
Mar 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Big thank you to the Booktasters and the author R.J. Groves for providing me with a copy of the book for an honest review.

When I started the book my mind was set on romance YA story. Well, there's still romance bits in it but, personally, I think this book is more about relationships between peers.

It is about teenage girls who meet at school. Both of them go through different emotional stages. While reading, there was this persistent feeling of familiarity that I couldn't shook off. I started
Eleaner
Mar 10, 2017 rated it liked it
TO FALL FOR YOU- R.J. GOVES
This is the kind of book you read when you want to chill out and relax. It's easy going and easy to understand, and tells the story of the typical kind of issues that you could encounter at high school. I enjoyed reading it and was able to read it all in one sitting. Although I enjoyed it as this genre of YA, I felt it moved far too quickly and I struggled to grow attached to the characters, especially Emma who was just a little bit too much of an overemotional teenage
Angel Medina
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book that I've read from this author and she shows much potential! The book is your average high-school love story with some twists, but fairly predictable. To be honest the fact it was predictable is the reason why my grade is lower than I would like to give it. For me, a book can't be too predictable, in its defense though at the middle of the book it becomes a page turner. I did want to see the end result of the conflict, now I'm a fan of happy endings, but the ending does ...more
Ella
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received this To Fall For You by R.J. Groves in exchange for an honest review.

R.J. Groves developed these characters well. They ooze high school students. That is exactly what most of the main characters are. To me, this was an easy read. I breezed right through this, and, that isn't/wasn't bad at all. Sometimes a gal needs a book like this. I enjoyed most of the major characters. There were a couple that I would 'cold shoulder' for a decade. Some parts were predictable, but like I said, sometimes a gal needs this.
I
Juli
Feb 12, 2017 rated it liked it
*I was given this book from Booktasters and author R.J. Groves herself for an honest review. Thank you both for the opportunity to review this book*

Overview: I was expecting a little more out of this book and I am kind of disappointed with how it turned out.

Plot: My biggest problem was that everything felt rushed. I feel like the characters could have been more developed. I also feel that the romances within the book could have also been expanded more. Everything just was resolved too quickly
Pranjal Shah
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
The book was really good. It started of as a little slow but then it picked up pace. I enjoyed reading the book largely because of the good expression. It was really an adventure and I love Fayne and Emma. They are absolutely adorable.
Nikkie
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“Without trust, it's impossible to hurt.”

Meet Emma and best friend Aimee, as Emma comes to turns with a break up (only referred to as “he” in the beginning which really made me read on as I wanted to find out what had happened!).

Enter new girl Renée and her brother/best friend Fayne. A family that has moved around a lot and have settled again, Renée joins Leverand High, where she meets Emma and Aimee.

“The memories that when everything else has gone, would stick with me forever”.

This is a tale of
Mah Marino | Happy Reading Co.
[2.5 stars - this book was giving for an hones review by Bookstasters and R.J.Groves - Thank you!!]

Emma starts her new - and also last - year in high school with a broken heart. Her boyfriend, or e-boyfriend, had just broken up with her, leaving her hurt and alone.
Renée and her family moved a lot, and her only friend is her brother, Fayne. They've been best friends since she can remember, and it's the only person she can really count on. When Renée starts her new life and meets Emma, everything
Michael
Mar 21, 2018
Pranami
Feb 15, 2018
Sydney Fitzgerald
Apr 13, 2017 rated it liked it
I got this book through Booktasters on twitter. I didn't know what to expect when I first received the book. At first I was really confused because of the different point of views and the flashbacks. I think that the switches of point of view would be more obvious, but once I got used to it, the book started to flow together more. I really liked the characters, I think that it added a new perspective, when being through the POV of both characters. Once I got through into the book more, I found ...more
Fria
added it
Oct 27, 2019
Kathy Heare Watts
Jan 12, 2020
Australian author R. J. Groves has been passionate about writing since she could put pen to paper and can usually be found jotting plots and stories down on anything she can get her hands on. Describing herself as a full-time mum, wife, author, and coffee addict (not necessarily in that order), her other passions include music, books, adventures, sleeping (which she is often deprived of but is ...more