Start by marking “Dirty Like Us (Dirty, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Dirty Like Us (Dirty, #0.5)

Dirty Like Us

(Dirty #0.5)

What happens in Vegas… better stay in Vegas.

Maggie Omura has never been a gambling woman. As assistant manager of Dirty, the hottest rock band on the planet, she brings order to the lives of four crazy-ass rock stars.

But when the band lands in Vegas, a streak of bad luck lands Maggie in a bind--and in the penthouse suite, with the last man she'd ever want for a roommate.

Za
Published December 12th 2016 by DreamWarp Publishing Ltd.

Start your review of Dirty Like Us (Dirty, #0.5)
nikki
Feb 22, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
GAHHHH!!

This naughty little novella gives us a sneak peak into Zane & Maggies story and it’s definitely left me wanting more - I can’t wait to read their full-length book later on in the series.
Beth
Dirty Like Us is a novella and a prequel to the Dirty series first book, Dirty Like Me.

Zane and Maggie started out as co-workers. He the drop dead gorgeous talent and Magie the manager’s assistant and family member to Dizzy, a rocker who want to rekindle his career. Zane comes up with the plan to help Maggie get Dizzy career back in the lime light and there blooms a beautiful friendship.

An unexpected one night stand and the friendship still stands but both see the potential for more but might be
Doris
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Dirty series about a rock band that will get you hooked in the first chapter. Even though this is the second book in the series it is a prequel to Dirty Like Me which was also a first rate rock book. In this prequel the lead singer for Dirty is Zane and he lives up to the band’s name. He is every girls dream and a nightmare for the band’s manager, Maggie. Maggie was the daughter of a rock legend but had steered clear from the father that hand nothing to do with her ...more
Kathy
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG I Freaking loved this book so much so that I will go back to re read Dirty Like Me just to remember what more goes on between Maggie and Zane and get reacquainted with Jesse and Katie of course. The banter between Zane and Maggs have propelled them to my Top Couples List. Ms Diamond I do hope you write really fast.
Shari
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this book for free from Author, Free Book in exchange for an honest review.This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

The Delight
Dirty Like Us takes a look at a couple who is keeping a secret. This is how it all started and I loved seeing it even it I saw it after I knew the secret. It's interesting to see a bad boy who has a heart of gold, but the heroine doesn't believe him at all. Vegas. Alcohol. Sleezy father. Joke or not?

Review
Through the stories
Melissa
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this story between Maggie and Zane, can't wait to read more about them. Their story-line is my favorite out of the series so far. ...more
LaDonna
I kind of stumbled across this one while surfing around on GoodReads and following a friend's reviews (thank you Doris!!!!). I realized I already have book one waiting on my kindle, but figured out this one was one you could only get as a super secret freebie from the author (read the author's comments in the questions about the book) and decided I was beyond intrigued and since this is book/novella/short story 0.5 in the series, the prequel, I was going to read it first (even if the author sugg ...more
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
I had my first experience with Jaine Diamond’s work when I read Dirty Like Me, book one in the Dirty series. This was when I met Maggie and Zane. I had many questions about their relationship. It was evident there was something going on between them, but the author did not elaborate. Therefore, when I discovered there was a prequel to the Dirty series which would provide me with the answers I sought, I jumped at the chance to claim a free copy of this novella.What the story is about.Maggie is t ...more
Caryn
Dec 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this prequel with Maggie and Zane! As part of the band management team, Maggie knows all the guys inside and out although never intimately. Now she is stuck sharing a suite with Zane which she affectionately calls a man-whore. True to form, Zane has no less than four women in the living area on their first night in Vegas. Although very annoying, nothing can prepare Maggie for what is about to happen!
Heather Emery
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
would give it a strong 3.5. A good story, but left me wanting more. I read the other two books first and then read this one and there was so much more I needed to know. The characters are well done, but again I didn't feel the connection between them. The plot was done in a way that I felt I got the middle of a book, no beginning and no true end. It was almost like a cliffhanger. ...more
Nikolette Hathaway
This book was preposterous.
Badass Bloggettes
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Where do I begin?

First I’m going to yell a minute... Ms. Diamond what are you doing to me? I’m not so patiently waiting for the next Deep book, and now you have me on edge about Zane and Maggie. That is not right, and I don’t think I can forgive you. Well… maybe I’ll forgive you when I get a couple more books, but right now I’m not going to forgive you. :-)

Dirty Like Us is a novella, prequel to Dirty Like Me . We get a little tease and some history about this couples' relationship. For a
Mary Mooney
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a novella about Zane and Maggie and it is fun and sex and will leave you wanting more. Zane is the lead singer of the rock band Dirty and Maggie is the assistant manager of the band.
They are drawn to each other but Maggie has many rules and the main one is to not sleep with rock stars. So she tries to keep her distance from Zane.
While Zane wouldn't mind sharing a bed with Maggie, I think he would rather keep her friendship than loose her altogether. So when her Dad shows up and upsets
Erin
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-blog-review
***4.5 stars****

Gah!! That can't be the end!! Such a great intro to Zane and Maggie's story and I can't wait for more! Full review to come!
Susan Gottfried
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jaine was kind enough to send me a copy of Dirty Like Us to review and, just as I knew I would, I devoured it. Jaine's my go-to girl for really awesome characters.

Befitting a half-entry in a series, this is a novella, and I think it sets us up better for a continuation of the Maggie-Zane story than it sets us up for Jesse and Katie (still my favorite cute meet ever) despite the epilogue, which feels more forced than anything else.

But the Maggie-Zane thing? I loved it. Love the interplay betwee
Sbell
I just finished this series, so my review
will be for the series.

I am so happy that I found this author.
The rockstar genre is one of my favs, and
this author did it right. This series follows
the men of "Dirty" and all of their trials and
tribulations, and LOVES of being a rock star.
It starts out with Jesse, and he is everything
I want in my hero. He is a mixture of sex,
broodiness, loyalty and I loved reading about
him. He was the perfect start to this series.
Once he meets Katie, and he is done. I lo
Alicia Evans
I followed Diamond's reading order suggestion and read this after finishing the first book, even though it takes place first in the timeline. I was not expecting this! Something that I've come to appreciate about Diamond is that she gives me things that I don't see coming--I can never guess the whole plot. It's so refreshing.

We saw Zane and Maggie have some serious SOMETHING going on in the first book, so I knew that there was history there. I never would have guessed that (view spoiler)
Cindy
Feb 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a novella best read after Dirty like Me; it is centered around Dirty’s lead singer Zane and assistant manager Maggie.

These two are one of my favourite couples so getting to read this prequal is amazing.
This story takes place in Vegas while Dirty is on tour (about a year before Dirty like Me)- it provides great background into both Zane and Maggie’s personal lives and their unique and wonderful friendship.

Maggie is strong, smart, hardworking and has such a kind soul. Zane is the clown
Kami Dodson-Perry
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks-other
Maggie manages the band DIrty. Zane is her crush but she has managed to stay away from him for 6 years. No romantic involvement even though Zane tries daily to get in her pants. Maggie tries to keep it professional. But when in Vegas and with a crazy man like Zane all thoughts and sanity leave Maggie.

Zane has a crazy idea to get Maggie's dad to respect and treat her kinder than he has in the past. She is not just a groupie or someone that gets passed around for the Rockers to enjoy. She is part
Comfy Couch Book Reviews
Maggie Omura has worked for the band Dirty for six years, and during that time she has had a huge crush on band lead singer Zane. But knowing the kind of man Zane is, and not wanting to lose her job she long ago started The Rule, and she has been living and breathing it ever since no matter how many times she wanted to break it.

The band arrives in Vegas and Maggie finds her self sharing a room with Zane while trying to deal with her Father's outrageous demands and insults. Then Zane steps up to
Kim Coburn
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jordan Marie
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wicked-reads
***I received a free copy to read and review for Wicked Reads ***

The Novella, Dirty Like Us, is a prequel to the Dirty series and is really just an added bonus, but not neccessary to read prior to the Dirty Like Me book, which focuses on a different couple. I was super fond of Dirty Like Me and I have to say that Janie Diamond totally delivered. I can't wait until we finally get to read the rest of Maggie and Zane's story because Diamond had me hooked after jut a few pages and this novella was s
Lynne Cuda
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book! Zane and Maggie make quite the couple as she tries not to be part of the couple! So confusing. Zane, lead singer of Dirty, has had his sights set on Maggie since she joined the team 6 years ago. She has steadfastly turned him down. He is without a doubt a total manwho*e. If you read his thoughts, they are all just placeholders.... Maggie's father is an aging rock star but he doesn't seem to have much respect for Maggie except for her connection to Dirty and what she c ...more
Joyce Black
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a gritty, exceedingly sensual, rock star romance. The story flows very well and is easy to read. The characterizations are also well done. Both the main female character and the main male character have their issues. They are good friends and very supportive of each other. Circumstances arise and years of simmering emotions come to the foreground. Great inner dialogue by both main characters; very believable and relatable. The story does end on a cliffhanger so be prepared. For this read ...more
Chevi
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It took a lot to take a step away from Jesse and Katie from Dirty Like Me, but I was surprised with how much I loved Zane...not as much as I love Jesse, but Zane was really surprising and shockingly sweet. His jealous/protective fits were hot AF and really kind of cute considering Zane's reputation. This story was intense, powerfully sweet, emotional, and made me want more of the characters! I really felt so bad for Zane and though I understood Maggie's safeguards, I really wish she would give h ...more
Anna Theurer (Anna's Bookshelf)
I first stumbled across this enticing read a few years ago after devouring book 1 in this author's Dirty Series. Yes, I read book 1 first and then read the prequel and I actually think that made my reading experience more enriched. This novella is a fun and quick read that is the perfect introduction to Dirty rockstar series. I immediately fell in love with Maggie and the irresistible Zane so much so that I couldn't wait for more. The story flows well and the characters are remarkably well-devel ...more
Donna
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I always love a good rockstar romance when It's a lovely summers day and that's exactly why I loved this book so much. Zane and Maggie truly came into their own in this book and a lot of what occurs in book 1 makes complete sense to me now regarding these 2 characters.

I enjoyed this book but was a little disappointed when it ended at 47%. There was no more, when there was so much left to say. But all in all it was good and I do recommend this and the series so far.
Kelley
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story about a hunky, cocky, man-whore rock star and the complicated relationship with the woman who just might capture his heart. It didn't have a HEA or HFN ending, but I understand this is part of a larger series, and I believe Maggie and Zane's relationship is just beginning. I really liked Maggie, and despite Zane's sex addiction, he wormed his way in. The story was well-written and engaging. I look forward to reading more in this series. I recommend this if you like se ...more
Elizabeth
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. Getting to read Zane and Maggie ‘s full story. I liked Zane much more in this book then the little pieces I saw of him in the other books.
The whole series is great. Funny, emotional and just enough really hot sex.
I would love to read continuations of the stories. Especially Dylan and Amber.
Chelle
Jan 15, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An easy read. The story is a bit of a stretch. It doesn't have a conclusion so it might be better to read it just before you read Zane's book. As a prequel to that book I think it will be enjoyed by fans. This is a good series

I'm a little fed up with the epilogue setting up the next book. It doesn't seem quite right.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Saving Maddox (Shadow Phoenix #3)
  • Loving True (Shadow Phoenix #2)
  • Home Game (Vegas Aces #1)
  • Playing Jericho (Shadow Phoenix #4)
  • Taming Griffin (Shadow Phoenix #5)
  • Finding Zen (Shadow Phoenix #1)
  • No Commitment (Capital Kingsmen #1)
  • Ripped: The Price of Loyalty (Everhide Rockstar Romance Series, #1)
  • Dissonance (Unrequited, #3)
  • Shadow Phoenix (Shadow Phoenix #0.5)
  • Fair Game (Vegas Aces #3)
  • Romeo (Face-Off #8)
  • A Filthy Friend (Filthy Line, #5)
  • Never Too Late Collection
  • Rapt: The Price of Love (Everhide Rockstar Romance #3)
  • Reckless Reunion (The Reckless Rockstar #3)
  • The Romantic Pact (Kings of Football, #2)
Get Jaine's free bonus content, release info, giveaways and insider updates in the Diamond Club newsletter HERE!

Join Jaine Diamond’s VIPs!

Jaine Diamond is a contemporary romance author, fond of writing the love stories of built and badass men endowed with massive hearts, and strong, complex women she'd love to have a cocktail with.

She lives on the beautiful west coast of Canada with her real-lif

Dirty (8 books)
  • Dirty Like Me (Dirty, #1)
  • Dirty Like Brody (Dirty, #2)
  • A Dirty Wedding Night (Dirty, #2.5)
  • Dirty Like Seth (Dirty, #3)
  • Dirty Like Dylan (Dirty #4)
  • Dirty Like Jude (Dirty, #5)
  • Dirty Like Zane (Dirty, #6)