Start by marking “Dirty Like Us (Dirty, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Dirty Like Us (Dirty, #0.5)

Dirty Like Us

(Dirty #0.5)

What happens in Vegas… better stay in Vegas.

Maggie Omura has never been a gambling woman. As assistant manager of Dirty, the hottest rock band on the planet, she brings order to the lives of four crazy-ass rock stars.

But when the band lands in Vegas, a streak of bad luck lands Maggie in a bind--and in the penthouse suite, with the last man she'd ever want for a roommate.

Published December 12th 2016 by DreamWarp Publishing Ltd.

Start your review of Dirty Like Us (Dirty, #0.5)
Beth
Dirty Like Us is a novella and a prequel to the Dirty series first book, Dirty Like Me.

Zane and Maggie started out as co-workers. He the drop dead gorgeous talent and Magie the manager’s assistant and family member to Dizzy, a rocker who want to rekindle his career. Zane comes up with the plan to help Maggie get Dizzy career back in the lime light and there blooms a beautiful friendship.

An unexpected one night stand and the friendship still stands but both see the potential for more but might be
Doris
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Dirty series about a rock band that will get you hooked in the first chapter. Even though this is the second book in the series it is a prequel to Dirty Like Me which was also a first rate rock book. In this prequel the lead singer for Dirty is Zane and he lives up to the band’s name. He is every girls dream and a nightmare for the band’s manager, Maggie. Maggie was the daughter of a rock legend but had steered clear from the father that hand nothing to do with her ...more
Kathy Aronoff
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG I Freaking loved this book so much so that I will go back to re read Dirty Like Me just to remember what more goes on between Maggie and Zane and get reacquainted with Jesse and Katie of course. The banter between Zane and Maggs have propelled them to my Top Couples List. Ms Diamond I do hope you write really fast.
Shari
I received this book for free from Author, Free Book in exchange for an honest review.This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

The Delight
Dirty Like Us takes a look at a couple who is keeping a secret. This is how it all started and I loved seeing it even it I saw it after I knew the secret. It's interesting to see a bad boy who has a heart of gold, but the heroine doesn't believe him at all. Vegas. Alcohol. Sleezy father. Joke or not?

Review
Through the stories
LaDonna
I kind of stumbled across this one while surfing around on GoodReads and following a friend's reviews (thank you Doris!!!!). I realized I already have book one waiting on my kindle, but figured out this one was one you could only get as a super secret freebie from the author (read the author's comments in the questions about the book) and decided I was beyond intrigued and since this is book/novella/short story 0.5 in the series, the prequel, I was going to read it first (even if the author ...more
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
I had my first experience with Jaine Diamond’s work when I read Dirty Like Me, book one in the Dirty series. This was when I met Maggie and Zane. I had many questions about their relationship. It was evident there was something going on between them, but the author did not elaborate. Therefore, when I discovered there was a prequel to the Dirty series which would provide me with the answers I sought, I jumped at the chance to claim a free copy of this novella.What the story is about.Maggie is ...more
Heather Emery
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
would give it a strong 3.5. A good story, but left me wanting more. I read the other two books first and then read this one and there was so much more I needed to know. The characters are well done, but again I didn't feel the connection between them. The plot was done in a way that I felt I got the middle of a book, no beginning and no true end. It was almost like a cliffhanger.
Melissa
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this story between Maggie and Zane, can't wait to read more about them. Their story-line is my favorite out of the series so far.
Badass Bloggettes
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Where do I begin?

First I’m going to yell a minute... Ms. Diamond what are you doing to me? I’m not so patiently waiting for the next Deep book, and now you have me on edge about Zane and Maggie. That is not right, and I don’t think I can forgive you. Well… maybe I’ll forgive you when I get a couple more books, but right now I’m not going to forgive you. :-)

Dirty Like Us is a novella, prequel to Dirty Like Me . We get a little tease and some history about this couples' relationship. For
Mary Mooney
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a novella about Zane and Maggie and it is fun and sex and will leave you wanting more. Zane is the lead singer of the rock band Dirty and Maggie is the assistant manager of the band.
They are drawn to each other but Maggie has many rules and the main one is to not sleep with rock stars. So she tries to keep her distance from Zane.
While Zane wouldn't mind sharing a bed with Maggie, I think he would rather keep her friendship than loose her altogether. So when her Dad shows up and upsets
Erin
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-blog-review
***4.5 stars****

Gah!! That can't be the end!! Such a great intro to Zane and Maggie's story and I can't wait for more! Full review to come!
Susan Gottfried
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jaine was kind enough to send me a copy of Dirty Like Us to review and, just as I knew I would, I devoured it. Jaine's my go-to girl for really awesome characters.

Befitting a half-entry in a series, this is a novella, and I think it sets us up better for a continuation of the Maggie-Zane story than it sets us up for Jesse and Katie (still my favorite cute meet ever) despite the epilogue, which feels more forced than anything else.

But the Maggie-Zane thing? I loved it. Love the interplay
Sbell
I just finished this series, so my review
will be for the series.

I am so happy that I found this author.
The rockstar genre is one of my favs, and
this author did it right. This series follows
the men of "Dirty" and all of their trials and
tribulations, and LOVES of being a rock star.
It starts out with Jesse, and he is everything
I want in my hero. He is a mixture of sex,
broodiness, loyalty and I loved reading about
him. He was the perfect start to this series.
Once he meets Katie, and he is done. I
Kami Dodson-Perry
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks-other
Maggie manages the band DIrty. Zane is her crush but she has managed to stay away from him for 6 years. No romantic involvement even though Zane tries daily to get in her pants. Maggie tries to keep it professional. But when in Vegas and with a crazy man like Zane all thoughts and sanity leave Maggie.

Zane has a crazy idea to get Maggie's dad to respect and treat her kinder than he has in the past. She is not just a groupie or someone that gets passed around for the Rockers to enjoy. She is part
Kim Coburn
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jordan Marie
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wicked-reads
***I received a free copy to read and review for Wicked Reads ***

The Novella, Dirty Like Us, is a prequel to the Dirty series and is really just an added bonus, but not neccessary to read prior to the Dirty Like Me book, which focuses on a different couple. I was super fond of Dirty Like Me and I have to say that Janie Diamond totally delivered. I can't wait until we finally get to read the rest of Maggie and Zane's story because Diamond had me hooked after jut a few pages and this novella was
Joyce Black
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a gritty, exceedingly sensual, rock star romance. The story flows very well and is easy to read. The characterizations are also well done. Both the main female character and the main male character have their issues. They are good friends and very supportive of each other. Circumstances arise and years of simmering emotions come to the foreground. Great inner dialogue by both main characters; very believable and relatable. The story does end on a cliffhanger so be prepared. For this ...more
Lynne Cuda
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book! Zane and Maggie make quite the couple as she tries not to be part of the couple! So confusing. Zane, lead singer of Dirty, has had his sights set on Maggie since she joined the team 6 years ago. She has steadfastly turned him down. He is without a doubt a total manwho*e. If you read his thoughts, they are all just placeholders.... Maggie's father is an aging rock star but he doesn't seem to have much respect for Maggie except for her connection to Dirty and what she ...more
Chevi
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It took a lot to take a step away from Jesse and Katie from Dirty Like Me, but I was surprised with how much I loved Zane...not as much as I love Jesse, but Zane was really surprising and shockingly sweet. His jealous/protective fits were hot AF and really kind of cute considering Zane's reputation. This story was intense, powerfully sweet, emotional, and made me want more of the characters! I really felt so bad for Zane and though I understood Maggie's safeguards, I really wish she would give ...more
Donna
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I always love a good rockstar romance when It's a lovely summers day and that's exactly why I loved this book so much. Zane and Maggie truly came into their own in this book and a lot of what occurs in book 1 makes complete sense to me now regarding these 2 characters.

I enjoyed this book but was a little disappointed when it ended at 47%. There was no more, when there was so much left to say. But all in all it was good and I do recommend this and the series so far.
Kelley
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story about a hunky, cocky, man-whore rock star and the complicated relationship with the woman who just might capture his heart. It didn't have a HEA or HFN ending, but I understand this is part of a larger series, and I believe Maggie and Zane's relationship is just beginning. I really liked Maggie, and despite Zane's sex addiction, he wormed his way in. The story was well-written and engaging. I look forward to reading more in this series. I recommend this if you like ...more
Elizabeth S Mazzocchi
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. Getting to read Zane and Maggie ‘s full story. I liked Zane much more in this book then the little pieces I saw of him in the other books.
The whole series is great. Funny, emotional and just enough really hot sex.
I would love to read continuations of the stories. Especially Dylan and Amber.
Letitia Cook
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This short book of the beginning of Maggie and Zane's story was a wonderful erotic sexy read. Now I can continue on with the 2nd story in A Dirty Wedding Night after having read Dirty Like Me and Dirty Like Brody. I am thoroughly enjoying the Dirty Series by Jaine Diamond!!
Beth
Jun 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Very very short! This is a download only book. You can't buy it. It a gift from the author. Only about 40% of the book is the story, the rest is excerpts from her other books. This story is definitely a prequel to the first book in the series.
Carol Moss
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this, in fact I love the entire Dirty series. Plan to, eventually, add these to my bookshelf but so gutted that this is the only one that's not available in paperback. Hope Jaine changes that soon
lovestoread
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love the angst of rockers and their significant others. I think Zane and Maggie have their work cut out for them! Can't wait to hear how their lives get resolved and to get to know the rest of the band.
Leanne
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I had already read the Dirty series when I picked up this prequel. It answered a lot of the questions I had while reading the series. I loved it! Now, I am going to go back and reread the whole series!
LovesAllThingsBooks Book Reviews
For a short story, this was amazing! I enjoyed reading about Zane and Maggie's night! Zane was absolutely fun to read. He is cocky and super protective of Maggie.
I would have loved to have a longer story, hopefully I will get the rest of their story when I read the rest of this series.
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this booked about Maggie and Zane in the Dirty series. It's a prequel in the series and gives some back history for all that is yet to come. It really sets the series up perfectly and gives new insight into the characters. I'd recommend reading this book first.
Casey Leigh
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A thoroughly enjoyable fast moving read. At times a tad repetitive but the flows kept it going.
I especially liked the similar yet different approaches to the relationship changes between Zane and Maggie. I look forward to the next book.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Outside (Rock Stars, Surf and Second Chances, #1)
  • Kiss Me Tonight (Put A Ring On It, #2)
  • Master Baker
  • Home Game (Vancouver Wolves Hockey, #2)
  • Wild Open Hearts (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • The Mogul and the Muscle (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Losing It (Inked Hearts #6)
  • Hold Me Today (Put A Ring On It, #1)
  • The Baby Bargain (Inked Hearts #8)
  • Only Ever You
  • Accidental Husband (Inked Hearts, #7)
  • The Penalty Box (Vancouver Wolves Hockey, #3)
  • Faking Ms. Right (Dirty Martini Running Club #1)
  • Love Me Tomorrow (Put A Ring On It, #3)
  • Falling for the Forbidden (Forbidden #1)
  • Love According to Science (Dirty Martini Running Club #2)
  • Falling For Ryan: Part Two (Falling #2)
Get Jaine's rockstar romance, Dirty Like Us, FREE in both ebook AND audiobook HERE!

Join Jaine Diamond’s VIPs!

Jaine Diamond is a contemporary romance author, fond of writing the love stories of built and badass men endowed with massive hearts, and strong, complex women she'd love to have a cocktail with.

She lives in beautiful Vancouver, Canada with her real-life romantic hero (Mr. Diamond) and

Dirty (8 books)
  • Dirty Like Me (Dirty, #1)
  • Dirty Like Brody (Dirty, #2)
  • A Dirty Wedding Night (Dirty, #2.5)
  • Dirty Like Seth (Dirty, #3)
  • Dirty Like Dylan (Dirty #4)
  • Dirty Like Jude (Dirty, #5)
  • Dirty Like Zane (Dirty, #6)