Start by marking “The Rule Maker (The Rule Breakers, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Rule Maker  (The Rule Breakers, #2)

The Rule Maker (The Rule Breakers #2)

Things I'd love to say to Ryder Covington...

I hate you more than a hole in my favorite pair of leggings.

Your smirk makes me want to yell in all shouty caps.

You're really gorgeous...until you open your mouth.

Stop looking at me like that. You're not ripping my panties off.

Saying those things to him would be the whipped cream on top of my rocky road ice cream, but I can't,
Published January 16th 2017 by Entangled Publishing (Embrace)

To ask other readers questions about The Rule Maker, please sign up.

Jennifer Blackwood Yes! Both The Rule Book and The Rule Maker can be read as standalones.

Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
The Rule Maker is the second book in The Rule Breakers series by Jennifer Blackwood. If you are like me and haven’t read the first book, don’t worry. This can be read as a standalone without feeling like you are missing anything important.

What if one day you walked into work and found out that an important client you were assigned to handle was a previous one night stand that blew your mind and then disappeared? I would be freaking the hell out, and that’s what Zoey does when she finds out her
Wendy'sThoughts
Jan 10, 2017 Wendy'sThoughts rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Jennifer Blackwood Fans, Romance
3.5 Breaking Rules and Understanding it All Stars
* * * 1/2 Spoiler Free It's Live!!!
This was a hoot and second book of a series. This had smart banter, sexual tension and heart lessons. This worked on many levels.
So...there was the first encounter between the two main characters...

It was...Hot, Sexy and Oh, So Good...
Then unintentional circumstances caused Mr. Hot & Sexy to leave without saying good bye...
Our Gal got her heart dinged... and Lesson Learned..

Fast forward to seeing our gal in h
Shannon Moore
Jan 11, 2017 Shannon Moore rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Complete honesty, that's our premise at the Sisterhood, so let's have it. Ryder is what made the story for me and without him, I don't know if I could've gotten through it. He's swoony, he's sweet, he's thoughtful and persistent; all the makings of a good romance hero. My one question about him though that is never answered is, why doesn't he call Zoey back after their one night stand (not a spoiler! This happens before the beginning of the story)? You find out why he left, but you're never told ...more
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
4 stars!

Review, Excerpt, & Giveaway at Of Pens and Pages.

This Rule Maker is a fun, light-hearted second chance romance between Zoey Reynolds and her client’s brother, Ryder Covington. Unlike The Rule Book , this standalone novel was told in alternating POVs of the MCs. Plus, sexy timeeees!

Zoey and Ryder first met when Ryder’s brother, Jason, hired her for an interior decorating project. There’s spark between them, and their flirtation leads to an unforgettable romp in the sheets. Things end
Lex ☾
Jan 27, 2017 Lex ☾ rated it liked it
3.5 STARS!

☾Wow that took me longer than I thought it would! The story is about Zoey, a designer who is currently working on fixing up a resort for the brother of Ryder. Ryder is a professional snowboarder who has just broken his leg due to a bad accident.

☾What's interesting about this is that Zoey and Ryder already know each other aka they hooked up and he never called her. Uh oh. This leads to a very awkward and rocky business relationship from the start.

☾Now I don't want to say I didn't enj
Francoise
Jan 22, 2017 Francoise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars!

New-to-me author Jennifer Blackwood really impressed me with this fresh, fun and romantic story. I didn’t know what to expect going into this book and what I found are vibrant characters, top-notch humor, witty dialogue and a great story.

Zoey Reynolds has landed a renovation project that could launch her career of designer. As it happens, the renovation of the ski resort will involve a close cooperation with the ex-man of her dreams, Ryder Covington. A pro snowboarder temporarily on cru
Elaine
This is an emotional romantic comedy with a strong male lead, Ryder, a hunk of an injured snowboarder with a very soft heart that he tries to hide and protect. Mind you, when you get to meet his grandparents you start to understand why! He's also a very caring brother, highly independent but also worried about his future and very attracted to Zoey. They had a one night stand some months ago but then he disappeared and never got back in touch. That's left Zoey with some fantastic memories and a w ...more
Katie
Jan 09, 2017 Katie rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4 rule breaking stars

Overall, I enjoyed this book. Like The Rule Book, the heroine was very relatable. Zoey is a very strong heroine and there were so many mannerisms and things she did that totally reminded me of myself!

And like the first book, the back and forth banter is totally what made this book for me! Zoey and Ryder have many of these scenes and I loved every second of them!

Although I must admit, I severely disliked Ryder in the beginning. I can't stand childish men. Thank goodness he
Jennifer Blackwood
Dec 20, 2016 Jennifer Blackwood added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Thank you so much for reading my book!
If you want to keep current on my releases (I have quite a few coming out in the next few months!) here are the best places to visit:
Newsletter (I promise, I only send out when I have news): http://bit.ly/1TAwPQZ
Jennifer Blackwood Facebook Group: http://bit.ly/23pZY2f
Website: http://www.jenniferblackwood.com

Irene
4 stars

The Rule Maker was a sweet, funny and very entertaining read.

I enjoyed the storyline, I found myself connecting with both Zoey and Ryder.
They were likable, passionate and relatable characters, that entertained me with their banter and antics.

description

And the chemistry between them was smoking!

description

If you're looking for a well written, fun and heartwarming read I highly recommend The Rule Breakers series, https://www.goodreads.com/series/1799...
Each book can be read as a standalone.

I'm a big fan of a
Mandi Schreiner
Jan 11, 2017 Mandi Schreiner rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I adored The Rule Book last year and was excited to try another from Jennifer Blackwood. This one is just as good - maybe even better. And just to put out there - there are sex scenes this time! I know a few people who didn't read the first book due to fade to black scenes. That book had such great sexual tension it was a bit of a let down to have the door close in our face! But we get all the sweaty abs, and everything underneath this time *wink*

Zoey is an interior designer who has done work fo
Bj
Jan 22, 2017 Bj rated it really liked it
3.5 "Breaking Rules for 2nd Chances" Stars for the story and 4.5 Stars for the narration.

In a somewhat predictable but nonetheless, entertaining and humorous romance challenging the rules against dating a client, Jennifer Blackwood brings us a 2nd chance at love trope romance. Enhancing this quick and fun title is the talented dual narration by narrator team, Kendall Harper and Ray Irwin.

First as this is the 2nd book in the Rule Breakers Series its worth noting that it is not necessary to listen
Rejane
Jan 19, 2017 Rejane marked it as not-interested
Immaturity. A reviewer said they are both immature. But the h in a higher level. Why I'm not surprised?!
I confess I can tolerate an immature hero ( man's nature and all LOL) but I can't stand a immature heroine.
Carmen Rae
I adored the first book in this series so I was super excited to read this one when I got it. The problem I have is that due to time constraints I was forced to read it while I was in the absolutely wrong frame of mind to appreciate it.

Any other time I probably would have enjoyed this and had a few giggles in the process but since I had so much going on in my head I wasn’t able to keep my head in the story for long enough to get caught up in it.

And since I know this was a major case of it’s not
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review:

The Rule Maker was the first book for me by author Jennifer Blackwood and I enjoyed it quite a bit. There was some not so great history between the hero and heroine which led to some tension as well as some pretty great banter and while I could appreciate some of the current day references in fashion, it doesn’t speak well for the longevity of this book, but it was a flirty, fun and sexy story especially in the second half.

Zoey Reynolds is a young interior designer and o
Mindy Lou's Book Reviews
Jan 15, 2017 Mindy Lou's Book Reviews rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs, 2017
The book blurb snagged me immediately. This sounded like it was going to be a very funny book. While it did have its funny moments, it was actually more serious than I was expecting, but that's not a bad thing. The only thing that truly kept me from loving this book was that I never felt Ryder truly cared about Zoey until almost the end. They met through Ryder's brother, Jason. He hired Zoey to design a property he purchased. Ryder got to know Zoey and ended up sleeping with her. He freaked and ...more
The Book Disciple (Samantha)
Link to full review below! Funny and light, this is a good book to read if you need humor and low angst!See full review on The Book Disciple
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
I'm a lover of a good rom-com, keyword there is good. The Rule Maker had the potential to be good or even great but unfortunately for this book whore fell into the it was just okay category. I can't even say it was only one character or issue that made me just not like this one, it was the entire book.

Ryder and Zoey were both so immature at times that I just wanted to take them both to a cliff and shove them both off. I'm all for banter, I love it and if it is done properly in a book it can be
Haidoulina
Feb 10, 2017 Haidoulina rated it liked it
An enjoyable book... Easy reading.... Plenty of fun... Especially that car ride with the pygmy goat... I had a good time.... I liked Ryder and Zoey but in the end of the day I didn't connect so much with them....
Rê

3.5 “Break a leg, a wall and some rules while you're at it” Stars

ARC via NetGalley.

Thank you, Entangled (Embrace)!!

I’ll start with this: the second book in The Rule Breakers series is steamier than the first one, so hurray for that!

As I learned by reading The Rule Book, my first Jennifer Blackwood title, this author knows how to write sexual tension and chemistry extremely well. Lanny and Brogan had tons of that, and the new main characters in the series didn’t stay behind.

We met Zoey and Ryder
Melanie Moreland
Jan 14, 2017 Melanie Moreland rated it it was amazing
I love it when they break the rules...
The Rule Maker was one of those books that made me smile right from the start. Rules were made—then bent and broken, and left by the way-side—fast. The situations Zoey got herself in, constant warring with right and wrong in her head, her legging purchasing compulsion, and how she desperately fought her growing feelings for him—I simply loved this character.
Ryder is at a crossroads in his life both personally and professionally—he isn’t perfect, and has mad
Bree T
I’m forever requesting books without realising they’re part of a series. I’ve done it here again with this one, which is the second in a series. I think you can probably read these stand alone although there might’ve been a bit of background between these two characters that probably would’ve helped if I’d read about it rather than just had it rehashed here.

Some time ago (presumably in the first book) Zoey and Ryder had a one night stand and then he disappeared without calling her. Now Zoey is a
Maria Rose
This is a sexy and entertaining second chance romance. Zoey, an interior designer/architect and Ryder, a professional snowboarder had a one night stand while she was working on a project for Ryder's brother Jason. It ended rather abruptly when Ryder took off before morning light without explanation. Fast forward a few months and Zoey has a chance to work with Ryder's brother Jason again. He's bought a resort that was a favorite family vacation spot, and it's in run down shape desperately in need ...more
❤Sana❤
Jan 30, 2017 ❤Sana❤ rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
3,5 Rule making stars!

description

Normally this should've been a 5 stars book for me, but something really went wrong with the story that made it a 3.5 stars.

The Rule Maker has all the ingredients that I love in a book.
An alphahole. A sassy heroine. A hate to love story and that sexy banter which tell you how much they both want each other but refuse to admit it.

But unfortunately, I couldn't hear the click that should bound me to the book. Zoey was childish and immature and Ryder gave me a hard timd to und
Paula  Phillips
Jan 11, 2017 Paula Phillips rated it really liked it
One of my favorite Entangled Publishing authors that I have seemed to enjoy is Jennifer Blackwood. So when I saw that she had a new one out, I knew I had to read it, and I was guaranteed that I would enjoy it. If you love a bit of romantic comedy with your reads and laugh out loud moments throughout the book, then this is the one for you as it had me chuckling through the pages. The other thing that I loved was how Zoey got her nickname and her affinity for wearing superhero undies as I have a ...more
Pamela Lilley
Dec 19, 2016 Pamela Lilley rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in The Rule Breakers series and it is equally as addictive as the first book. It can be read as a standalone, but why miss out on book one? The story, told in dual POV, follows championship snowboarder, Ryder Covington, who is recovering from a broken leg, as he tries to woo interior designer Zoey Reynolds. Ryder doesn't do relationships but he can't seem to get Zoey out of his mind. Zoey doesn't ordinarily do one night stands, and following an epic one night stand with R ...more
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

4 FLASH CROWNS

The Rule Maker by Jennifer Blackwood is so much fun! It is light, it is sweet, it will have readers smiling and laughing. The characters, the story, the antics that ensue will certainly have readers engaged from the first chapter.

What makes this story so incredibly enchanting is the characters of Ryder and Zoey. I enjoyed her antics and her crazy reactions to situations, finding myself chuckling as I read, and Ryder has this easy charm. Readers will
Alatea
Feb 12, 2017 Alatea rated it it was ok
I'm SO looking for a warm, good, lovely romantic book that would make me believe in love (I'm pathetic, I know). And I somehow end up reading whatever I can find and being disappointed.

It's not that the book is bad. It's not. It's just one of a few thousands romances with two people that clearly are destined to be together, but somehow manage to screw things up every 20 pages. Seriously. Why someone would do that?..

And I have to admit I skipped a few pages. Two or three times. Or maybe like five
Three Chicks
Jan 11, 2017 Three Chicks rated it really liked it
Review by Trinette Dungee

Short, sweet and to the point…Any book that can have me giggling less than twenty percent into the book is a must read.

Zoey Reynolds wants to move up the ladder in the design firm she works for and she’s well on her way. She gets a call from a client the she knows can really put her on the map; only problem, said client’s younger brother gave her the best night of sex in her life. Yep, gave her the best sex of her life then just disappeared.

Ryder Covington doesn’t do g
Jeanne McDonald
Jan 28, 2017 Jeanne McDonald rated it really liked it
4 STARS

I have two words to sum up this book - pygmy goat. It's been forever since I laughed that hard at a scene in a book. Creative and priceless, that's all I can say. From the beginning, you feel the connection between Ryder and Zoey, and though they both try to fight it, neither are able to deny the heat that burns between them. The banter between these two characters is off the charts hilarious. You grow with Ryder and learn to trust with Zoey. It's a book about letting go of regrets and ta
Jennifer Blackwood is an English teacher and contemporary romance author. She lives in Oregon with her husband, son, and poorly behaved black lab puppy. She is the author of The Drexler University series, the Rule Breaker series (May 2016 and Jan 2017) and an upcoming Brazen series (July 2016 and early 2017)

Come visit me on social media!
Twitter: @jen_blackwood
FB: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorJe
More about Jennifer Blackwood...

The Rule Breakers (2 books)
  • The Rule Book (The Rule Breakers, #1)