Start by marking “Meant For You” as Want to Read:
Meant For You

Meant For You

What if there was one man—one gorgeous, brilliant, sexy as hell man—who was meant for you?

Yeah, well, there isn’t. Love is a hard slog up a snowy mountain infested with rabid cougars, and meant-to-be love is just a lie. I learned that the hard way when all my romantic dreams went up in smoke, and the boy I loved walked away without looking back.

Or so I thought…

***

Seven yea
Published February 14th 2017 by Self Taught Ninja

To ask other readers questions about Meant For You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meant For You

Marybeth
Jan 27, 2017 Marybeth rated it it was amazing
Wow! Just Wow! I freakin’ loved this book so much!! I just adore the Magnificent Bastard Consulting series and I wish it wouldn’t end. They are so funny, lighthearted and sexy while still having some deeper story line and Nate and Addie’s story is no exception.

There was so much depth of character to our hero and heroine especially since they first met and bonded over a horror book and fell in love at ages 16 and 18. But after their one glorious summer together before college, they did not see e
Lauren Lascola-Lesczynski
Jan 29, 2017 Lauren Lascola-Lesczynski rated it it was amazing
Another great read by Lili Valente.
Talk about two people who were meant to be...Addie and Nate were definitely that couple.
I loved their story...Addie is the nice, sweet, kind, patient girl who I was wanting to get a happy ending. Addie was just a baby when her worlds feel a part, but she grew into a beautiful young women who deserved better then what life offered her.
Nate was just a young boy himself when a chance encounter with a smart lipped, pretty girl with glasses crossed his path. Those t
Char Sowers
Feb 13, 2017 Char Sowers rated it it was amazing
A Phantasmic, Sexy, and Romantic Second Chance at Love that will give you shivers of more than one kind. "Meant For You" is a novel in the Magnificent Bastard family. The heroine's Adeline, the beleaguered companion for the demanding old lady who lives in Shane's apartment building. The hero's the latest "Magnificent Bastard" in training, Nate. In "Incredible You" Adeline obviously recognized Nate and wants Shane to remain tight-lipped about it. Lili Valente gives the reader a playful, sexy, and ...more
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
description

Unfortunately, this one didn't work all that well for me. The writing was fine and it moved along at a nice pace. It was just ALL over the place storywise for me.

I didn't particularly like either Nate nor Addie. I'm usually not overly bothered by people (99% of the time the hero) moving on after a separation, but in this instance, I found it extremely annoying that 18-year-old Nate who claimed he was SOOO in love with 16 years old Addie moved on to have a fabulous career and sleep with a bunch o
April   ♥"LOS" ♥
If I had to sum this book up with one word...Perfection!

If you've read the other books about Magnificent Bastard Consulting, then you've surely seen mention of Adeline. She is the shy, bookish neighbor to the loud and outgoing Shane. While Addie is happy to take the backseat and be the perfectly sweet girl that everyone would like as a friend, she is meant for so much more.

After meeting the love of her life at the young age of 16 and having her heart broken shortly after, Addie's life never tur
Rosslynn Carpenter
Feb 06, 2017 Rosslynn Carpenter rated it it was amazing
OMG OMG OMG!!!! There are not enough stars for this book!!!

This can be read as a standalone but some of the character interaction might be confusing, but not unreadable.

Addie and Nate. High School Summer Love. Parents. Mean old lady. Hearts forever together. Ghosts. Did I mention Ghosts???

Do you remember the summer after High School graduation, when the world was open to you and you were "invincible"?? Addie and Nate do. They found each other during a ghost hunting expedition and were inseparab
Maura
Jan 29, 2017 Maura rated it it was amazing
Confession: I had to read this book twice because I turned the pages so fast the first time I wanted to go back and savor the book for what it is.

Meant For You: A Sexy, Flirty, Dirty Romance by Lili Valente is book 4 in the Magnificent Bastard Series. This is a standalone and you don't have to read the other 3 but I'm not sure why you wouldn't.

Addie (Einstien) and Nate (Pretty Devil) meet when they are 16 & 18 and on their way to college. They have the summer that we all dreamed about as gig
Aisha ☠️☠️
Feb 14, 2017 Aisha ☠️☠️ marked it as not-interested-fuck-to-the-big-no
Hero is in love with h, when he was 18.

They even said the big FUCKING I LOVE YOU SHIT
7 years later he moves on and manwhore himself.

Wow. That's not what you when u are in love with someone.

While h loses everything, become doormat

Kara Hildebrand (Two Book Pushers)
Meant for You is a standalone, but it's part of the Magnificent Bastard series. I love this series. So much! Lili Valente knows just what I need when I need to read it! She can always make me laugh, swoon, smile, get hot and bothered and in this case, get the chills! I loved that this story isn't her normal rom-com, but it has a different feel. Fate, destiny and yes, a little supernatural feel. I, of course, love a little paranormal in my romance, so I enjoyed this story! We've met Adaline befor ...more
Shari Kay
Feb 15, 2017 Shari Kay marked it as skip-it
Jess
Feb 01, 2017 Jess rated it really liked it
Meant For You by Lili Valente was a pleasant surprise. I had thought that it would be closer to your typical contemporary romance novel with popular themes and good writing. But What I got was a little bit of magic, spirits from beyond and a whole lot of coincidence-or was it?!

Nate and Adeline have a unique relationship. They fell in love one summer long ago. They were going to change the world together. Had colourful high expectations of where there would end up together. Citing love as a cure
Feb 12, 2017 Laura rated it did not like it
***ARC Provided for An Honest Review***

Unfortunately, this book really didn't work for me. Also unfortunately, the reason for this is a giant spoiler about one of the plot points, so there is no way to discuss the issue I had with the book without giving it away.

I will leave it with the idea that I liked the writing and the characters. The plotting was ok, it was even. However, I was not able to get into the story due to the plot issue that I had with this.

I know this is terribly vague, but with
Beth Cranford
Feb 10, 2017 Beth Cranford rated it it was amazing
“The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. And you’ve always been my favorite mystery.”

How is it possible to fit SO MANY good things in one book? Good things including (but not limited to) fun and flirty romance, silly business, boatloads (gondola-loads?!) of humor, and mysterious, *looks left and right* what’s happening? moments. I may not know how, but I do know that Lili Valente absolutely managed it in this wonderful, feel good read.

Meant For You is a quick and sexy sec
Lisa
Feb 12, 2017 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Lisa by: Give Me Books
Shelves: arc-digital
Meant For You by Lili Valente is a standalone second chance romance told in dual POV between Nate and Adaline. While it does loosely follow on from other books in Lili's Magnificent Bastard Consulting non-series it, just like all the others, CAN be read as a standalone. I'm always so eager to dive into anything Lili has written I didn't even realize the tie in until a few chapters into the story and it was a pleasant surprise.

Nate went on a ghost hunt the summer before college. Being in New Jers
Barbara Barber
Feb 07, 2017 Barbara Barber rated it it was amazing
What a great book! The author has written a great storyline with bits of humor, sadness, romance and a dash of superstition thrown in. Not to mention it stars two people you can’t help but fall in love with and root for them to find some type of happiness from life.

Nate and Addie meet as young kids and spend one glorious summer as 1st time lovers. But as fate would have it, summer ends and life doesn't turn out as they had planned. Instead they spend 7 years floundering through lives that have t
Stacey
Feb 04, 2017 Stacey rated it really liked it
Meant for You was a great read with lots of treats laced throughout.

Nate and Adeline were great and I loved how Lili captured both of their quirky sides. Meant for You is not your typical Lili Valente story, well it is in the way of sense of humor and the hot n' steamy sex scenes; but i definitely loved the added bonus of a little bit of paranormal. It definitely worked for me and for this couple in particular, as this is how they were brought together to begin with!

I really liked this book and
Tania's Book Blog
Feb 13, 2017 Tania's Book Blog rated it liked it
"ARC received voluntarily for an honest review**

Nate & Adeline met one summer when they were teenagers and had a summer fling. By the end of the summer, their fling had turned into something more. Adeline was from a very religious family and Nate dad controlled even what he ate literally. "Something" happened and these two were separated and hadn't seen each other for eight years.

One of the things that attracted these two was their love for ghost stories. Fast forward 8 years and they meet a
FMR Book Grind
Feb 15, 2017 FMR Book Grind rated it liked it
STACEY'S REVIEW
3.75 STARS

This was my 1st book by Lili Valente and it was a cute story about the one that got away and how there are always two sides to every story and sometimes we really need to know both sides to truly understand what happens in relationships. I loved the jump and flash back it flowed well and I felt for Addy but it also made it hard for me to LOVE Nate as a book boyfriend.

Although I enjoyed this book and had fun reading it there were a few times where I was like....huh??? Wit
Le Ann Foster
Feb 03, 2017 Le Ann Foster rated it really liked it
♡♡Reviewed for CherryOBlossoms Promotions ♡ ♡

I gave this book 3.5 stars!

I have to say that this was a okay book, I really felt for Addie but my feelings for Nate wasn't like all the other book boyfriends I have read and he came across to me a a$$. The storyline was kind of all over the place and I had a hard time keeping up with what was in the present and what was actually real. I kept reading because I wanted to see if Nate would redeem himself and by the end I can say he wasn't as bad but h
Nothing Like A Good Book!!!! Wood
Just loved it....
Danielle from Short and Sassy
This book for me sounded good at the synopsis. Then, I realized it was nothing like as described. I found myself with more questions than answers. The story was so hard to follow. There was so many things that turned me off.

For one, I didn't lie neither Nate nor Addie. There was qualities about both of them that I found annoying. Like, Addie let everyone push her around and walk all over her. Nate was kind of a dummy too. He never really fought for Addie. Or looked for her.

I am just at a loss
Dates With K
Feb 15, 2017 Dates With K rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
****4.5 ‘Heart of Fate’ STARS****

A tender tale of first summer love, painful separations and second fateful chances, I thoroughly enjoyed watching this young couple fall in love and get the chance to reclaim it as adults.  Peppered with some unexpected surprises, both emotionally and spiritually, Lili Valente grabbed my heart and didn’t let go until ‘The End’.

“It’s a spark, a flicker of recognition, a warning that things are about to change in ways I could never have imagined when I woke up in
Sarah Greenwood
Jan 29, 2017 Sarah Greenwood rated it it was amazing
Goes down as another off my 2017 Bookworm Bingo Challenge – The forth book in a series. The amazing series called ‘A Sexy Dirty Flirty’ Magnificent Bastard one. They are standalones that link together to create a great series with each book as great as the last. This Valentine’s Day weekend is going to be one that none of them are going to forget.

Nate (aka P.D pretty devil) and Adeline (aka Einstein) both read a book ‘The Devil You Need’ as teens and fate brought them together because of that fa
Tracey
Feb 14, 2017 Tracey rated it it was amazing
Blog Banner photo banner2_zps0a9ef8c3.jpg

It's not attraction, not exactly, not that first morning. It's a spark, a flicker of recognition, a warning that things are about to change in ways I never could have imagined when I woke up in my bed that morning, so certain the path was mapped and the way was clear.

And, so another love story begins...

I'm a huge fan of Lili Valente, and have absolutely loved the romantic comedy series revolving around Magnificent Bastard Consulting. These books make me laugh, swoon, melt, and have introduced m
Gata Leitora
Feb 14, 2017 Gata Leitora rated it really liked it
Finishing this hilarious series with a golden key, I met the distressed and dulled Adeline and the delicious Nate. They both lived a beautiful summer love that did not end well at all and since then their lives have stagnated.

The book begins by presenting a revival so we know what happened to the couple in the past.
Nate is back in the United States after seven years of running away from his past with Adeline. When they were teenagers, they meet each other then identified because they were nerds
Malia (Romance Schmomance)
Feb 17, 2017 Malia (Romance Schmomance) rated it it was ok
Shelves: review
I really wanted to like this book, I really did. But it didn't quite work for me. I've read a few of Valente's previous work and loved those, but this one didn't click with me as I hoped it would.

Valente does a solid job with her writing and manages to keep things flowing very smoothly. I couldn't connect with the characters and story, itself. There were some moments that seemed so odd to have.

Like many, I'm a fan of second chance romances, when two fall so deeply in love and something happens
DCMason
Feb 06, 2017 DCMason rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-read
A copy of this book was generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

This was a very different romance storyline for me to read and quite honestly I had difficulty accepting some of the challenges the two main characters faced. We open up with Nate, 18 and Adeline or Addie, 16, meeting at a haunted cave that was in a book they both read. Both are immediately drawn to each other and spend the summer together before they both head off to college (Addie is very smart and has
Eva Mcfarden
Feb 11, 2017 Eva Mcfarden rated it really liked it
Recommended to Eva by: Hashtag Minxes

### 4.5 ###

So much of Addie's life has been obscured by one summer. One summer she felt happiness and alive. Living under her Mother's strict religious beliefs, the end of the summer turned her life into a nonexistence with her family. She lives her life taking care of an elderly woman who has no common decency towards others, not even Addie. When Addie has had enough, she walks away not knowing what her future holds, once again.

Nate has lived with one re
Sofia Almiroudis
Feb 14, 2017 Sofia Almiroudis rated it really liked it
Nate and Adeline's story started years ago when he was 18 and she was 16. Neither was what the other expected. Although Nate was the hot, popular jock and Adeline the awkward, smart nerd, their love for books and the stranger things in the world made them connect in a way even they were surprised. The summer they spent together was one neither would ever forget. The summer that they realized how much they cared and loved one another and finally finding who they were as individuals. The summer th ...more
Sassy Southern
Feb 14, 2017 Sassy Southern rated it liked it
Addie and Nate- two book lovers that have an amazing secret summer filled with teenage lust before they both leave for college, is a story that starts off quite amazing. We feel the love between the two, as time goes on, and the date of them separating for college moves closer and closer. Every camping trip they take together, has such beautiful scenes of young romance created by Lili Valente. When their secret lust filled summer is exposed- the two are separated very abruptly. We learn Addie, w ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Lili Valente has slept under the stars in Greece, eaten dinner at midnight with French men who couldn't be trusted to keep their mouths on their food, and walked alone through Munich's red light district after dark and lived to tell the tale.

These days you can find her writing in a tent beside the sea, drinking coconut water and thinking delightfully dirty thoughts.

Visit her at www.lilivalente.com
More about Lili Valente...