Start by marking “Indecent Exposure (Stone Barrington, #42)” as Want to Read:
Indecent Exposure (Stone Barrington, #42)

Indecent Exposure

(Stone Barrington #42)

In the latest action-packed adventure from #1 New York Times–bestselling author Stuart Woods, Stone Barrington learns that privacy is hard to come by when you’re one of the rich and mighty.

Published June 6th 2017 by G.P. Putnam's Sons

To ask other readers questions about Indecent Exposure, please sign up.
Avalon I also got tired of Stone just started back reading about him. It’s been several years. Once I started reading I remembered why I stop. Only good thin…moreI also got tired of Stone just started back reading about him. It’s been several years. Once I started reading I remembered why I stop. Only good thing is he is a quick and easy read.(less)

Start your review of Indecent Exposure (Stone Barrington, #42)
Skip
Jun 30, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-detective
Another truly pitiful effort by Stuart Woods. Stone Barrington and now Secretary of State Holly Barker are an item. There is a little bit of politics as the Presidents Lee's son decides to run for Senator in NY potentially opposing the current governor. And Stone gets involved and then uninvolved with a tabloid writer, but no plot and no character development. Blecch.
BJ
Couldn't tell you why, but I just enjoy these books. A guilty pleasure, easy read, fast, read in one sitting. Enjoyable.
Tim
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
The first 3/4 is quite the snoozer and the last bit barely makes this into an, "ok" story. You won't miss anything by skipping this. 3 of 10 stars
Nurse Lisa In Ohio (PRN Book Reviews)
I really really really love Stone - especially when the Lee family and Holly are in the story (I long for a marriage)...however, I feel like this one was just too simple or something; just kinda lackluster. Naturally, as a fan girl , I'll keep reading the series ;)) I do wonder if the publishing company is pressuring the author for more and/or faster perhaps? It seems like the trade off for novels more frequently has been a bit of lesser quality story, imo. Can't decide if I prefer to wait longe ...more
Donna
Jun 30, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
President Kate Lee is re-elected and Holly Barker becomes the new Secretary of State. Stone Barrington flies into the capital city to celebrate election day with Holly. He returns home where he initiates an affair with a journalist and then is embarrassed when she publishes details of their assignation. The lady is on the outs with Stone and she doesn't take the rejection very well.

The Stone Barrington series seems to be a hit or miss these days. The plot in this one is very thin. The couple of
Peter Ackerman
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
As good as any of the modern Stone Barrington stories by Stuart Woods. Take that as you will. If you are fan, this is enjoyable, if you are not a fan of the latest works, this might not be to your liking.
Will
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
SUBJECTIVE READER PLOT SPOILER REVIEW FOLLOWS:

I think Stuart Woods has invented a new genre, 'brain candy.' His writing style, short chapters, eternal allusion to sexual enthusiasm and never letting Stone Barrington or Holly Barker age have conditioned our brains to seek his novels out as a quick fix while waiting for something more elegant. Dammit, he evolves the characters so cleverly we can't bear to break away! Holly Barker, introduced what seems like a decade and a half ago, is now US SecSt
Jill
Jun 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Stone is back and once again his love life is getting him into trouble. He hooks up with a tabloid journalist and soon learns the error of his ways so he dumps her and goes back to Holly who is now Kate's Secretary of State. Kate is on her second term and both her and Will are both includes in this storyline along with Dino and Viv as they all take a holiday yacht cruise together. This was a quick read for me and I am going to go back and re-read some of the earlier books in the series to remind ...more
Jack Heath
3 Stars. I do this review with a pressing question in mind! What does the title mean? Indecent exposure is a criminal act, the public exposing of one's privates in unwanted situations. None of that here. We do find Stone and his paramour skinny dipping in a secluded part of the Caribbean, but that can't be it. The story revolves around a recurring theme from earlier Barrington episodes. He dabbles elsewhere and creates a mess of difficulty for himself. He meets the beautiful "Just Folks" gossip ...more
Sandy
Jul 09, 2017 rated it did not like it
What has happened to Woods? Stone Barrington stories used to be good. They were well written, page turners and mystery. This gave Five Shades a run for its money. If there were no sexual exploits in the book there would have been a book of 50 pages or less. The story stunk, the ending more so. Very disappointing.
Laura Ruetz
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fast and entertaining but still the characters lack depth. However, I am still a fan of these books because I do enjoy the writing and the action and even though there is not much in the way of character depth or evolution - I do enjoy these for a fast read.
Sarahb.
Jul 22, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a quick Stone Barrington adventure--very mild for Stone--minimal sex, violence, etc. Just a happy story. A nice change, but will all the usual characters! A pleasant quick read:)
Tracie
Jun 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Stone Barrington is approached by a journalist who wants to write about in regards to his relationship with Holly Barker. Barrington, as is his modus operandi, becomes involved with the journalist and things spiral out of control from there.
Lots of intrigue, interesting new characters, and Knobs Creek. Good summer read.
Stephen
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have read a number of Stuart Wood's books, but this may be one of the fastest scenarios out there. Stone Barrington's significant other , Holly Barker has just been selected to be Secretary of State in Katharine Lee's administration ...before Lee was actually declared the winner of the Presidential election !!
Now the fun begins. Stone meets one Gloria Parsons, a key writer for one of the main gossip magazines in the country, " Just Folks" . What Stone doesn't realize is that Gloria has an ult
Michael Brown
Nov 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: series-reading
Not sure if Robert Parker or Stuart Woods started the trend of short chapters and speedy dialogue/plot development. Whichever did, Woods is a master of this style. A few of the Barrington series have more detailed plots and extended story details but most are of the short, quick format. Woods also extends his story plots over several books while telling a complete loop per volume. Stone seems to attract trouble with ease. He can say hello to someone and earn their rage. This is the long tern und ...more
Garry Thompson
Aug 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Typical Stone Barrington novel: sex, dinner, booze, new woman, more sex, someone dies, Stone gets richer... I don't know why I continue to read these stories, but I do. Low three stars is the best rating I can offer.
Sheldon
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Like the old mysteries, a fast reader can enjoy Stone Barrington and the gang, and I mean enjoy, in one sitting. I listened to an audio performance and had a ball. Get yourself the Overdrive App and sign into your library. Have fun. Yes, this one is a pleasurable waste of time. Right on Woods. Hoping you can make it to 100 Barrington adventures. Maybe next he will fly a spaceship, or at least a handsfree car!
Geri
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Geri by: ggnorman@aol.com
I did enjoy this book with Stone Barrington
always living the good or should I say the great life.
Shavonna Futrell
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another good Stone Barrington novel.
David Burton
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
I love Stuart Woods and have read everything he has written. That being said, of late he seems to not be putting in much effort, instead laying out even more preposterous plots and unrealistic scenarios for Stone, Holly et al.

In his last few books he hasn't even tried it seems... how many people could possibly be from Delano, Georgia? The names he chooses, the convenient coincidences, it all gets to be a bit much and my feeling is his writing has really gone down hill as of late.

That being sai
Julie
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Mr. Woods, please get a decent story line and better editing. I'm assuming that the title evolved from the fact that nudity replaces an interesting plot. By the way, did you notice that Dino and Viv were invited to, not picked up for, not mentioned in anyway being a part of, yet given a ride home from the cruise to the Dry Tortogas?
Apparently, if you mention Stone's sexual escapades, his love of Knob Creek and steak, and his boundless spending of money, it doesn't matter what drivel fills the re
Sandi Ellis
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
I've reached my saturation point with the Stone Barrington novels. His wealth, political connections, police and lawyer interactions. . . they've become too much. I can only read about the cruises on his yacht & flights on his airplane--along with his Knob Creek whiskey--so many times before I have to walk away. ...more
Bren
I had never read A Stone Barrington book before. I decided they are not for me.

This was not bad and I chose it because it seemed a political mystery and I love politics and sometimes like mysteries.

This was a bit to light for me. I sped through it but I had thought it would be more dark and sort of like Joseph Finder book. Nothing wrong with this one but not what I was looking for.
Kay
I love Stone Barrington series, but this book is such a lack luster. His publisher should quit making him come up with a book every quarter. There is so little story in this one or I'm tired of the D.C./political plot.
Ian Gray
Jun 24, 2017 rated it did not like it
This is the last Stone Barrington book i will read, you can already see it now Holly Barker a sheriff from Orchid county is going to become president of the USA and Stone will become the first man or whatever they are called. Books are now too far fetched to be enjoyable reading
Joseph
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
As usual, Stone Barrington is a larger-than-life character. He is still a lawyer with his New York law firm, but now he has been appointed attorney to the President of the United States, Kate Rule, and her husband, former President Will Rule. Stone is always in the spotlight of some kind of caper, and in INDECENT EXPOSURE he learns that all of his bustling around can lead him to fear for his life.

His girlfriend, Holly Barker, is now Secretary of State, which means she is chained to her job in Wa
Carol
Jun 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Indecent Exposure by Stuart Woods
Stone Barrington series Book #42
3.5★'s

What's It About?
Stone Barrington learns that privacy is hard to come by when you’re one of the rich and mighty. As an eligible bachelor, man-about-town, and mover in the highest social echelons, Stone Barrington has always been the subject of interest and gossip. But when he’s unwittingly thrust into the limelight, he finds himself scrambling to take cover. Before too long Stone’s fending off pesky nuisances left and right, a
Lawrence Deering
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Indecent Expxposure by Stuart Woods (#42 in the Stone Barrington series) is a comfortable read. The plot is thinner than most of the other books in the series but I liked it. It develops slowly like a good risotto. Stone has an encounter (both professionally and sexually) with Gloria Parsons from Just Folks magazine. He allows her to do a story on him to avoid being hounded by the press. He had recently been photographed with Holly Barker who is now Secretary of State and the press is obsessed w ...more
Ed
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: action, political, nyc
#42 in the Stone Barrington series. After Kate Lee is reelected as President she names Holly Barker Secretary of State. After being photographed with Holly, Stone is plagued by reporters. He is interviewed by a good looking one and unsurprisingly he winds up bedding her and also unsurprisingly it winds up going wrong with extended consequences. As usual, author Woods churns out a page turner with no real surprises but with plenty of action and enjoyment for the reader. My favorite fictional soap ...more
Eva
Jan 19, 2018 rated it liked it
When Stone Barrington crossed the tabloid style reporter and made her bad list, he sure didn't mess around -- and neither did she when she set out to make his life miserable! As with earlier installments of this series, this book was full of pointless, gratuitous sex that never moved the plot ahead. Come on, Stone! It's time to think with the head ABOVE your shoulders! For a smart guy, he sure is dumb when it comes to women!

I didn't care much for the ending of this novel, either. The story was r
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• A Minute to Midnight (Atlee Pine, #2)
  • One Good Deed (Archer, #1)
  • Private Delhi (Private, #13)
  • The Store
  • Twisted Prey (Lucas Davenport, #28)
  • The Fix (Amos Decker, #3)
  • Enigma (FBI Thriller, #21)
  • Bloody Genius (Virgil Flowers, #12)
  • The 19th Christmas (Women's Murder Club, #19)
  • The People vs. Alex Cross (Alex Cross, #25)
  • Walk the Wire (Amos Decker #6, Will Robie, #5.5)
  • Burn Out
  • Instinct (Instinct #1)
  • Red Alert (NYPD Red, #5)
  • Redemption (Amos Decker, #5)
  • Killer Instinct (Instinct #2)
  • The Old Blue Line (Joanna Brady, #15.5)
  • Proof of Life (J.P. Beaumont, #23)
Stuart Woods is the author the New York Times-bestselling Stone Barrington series and Holly Barker series. He is an avid private pilot, flying his own jet on book tours. You may see his tour schedule and learn more about the author on his website.

Stone Barrington (1 - 10 of 56 books)
  • New York Dead (Stone Barrington, #1)
  • Dirt (Stone Barrington, #2)
  • Dead in the Water (Stone Barrington, #3)
  • Swimming to Catalina (Stone Barrington, #4)
  • Worst Fears Realized (Stone Barrington, #5)
  • L.A. Dead (Stone Barrington, #6)
  • Cold Paradise (Stone Barrington, #7)
  • The Short Forever (Stone Barrington, #8)
  • Dirty Work (Stone Barrington, #9)
  • Reckless Abandon (Stone Barrington, #10; Holly Barker, #4)