Start by marking “The Most Wonderful Tales of the Year: Holiday Memories Written and Performed by Our Favorite Narrators” as Want to Read:

3.39  ·  Rating details ·  804 Ratings  ·  138 Reviews
Here at Audible, we know just how much of an impact a voice can have on a story - taking simple words and filling them with elation, wonderment, tragedy, or pure satisfaction. We rely on our narrators every day to bring our favorite stories and characters to life - to introduce us to new authors and genres, or even to a new (perhaps longer) commute. And though our narrator ...more
Audible Audio, Unabridged, 1 hr and 48 mins , 2 pages
Published December 6th 2016 by Audible Studios

To ask other readers questions about The Most Wonderful Tales of the Year, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Most Wonderful Tales of the Year

Chrissie
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
This was a Xmas gift from Audible. For that I am thankful.

It was OK. It can be used as a way of testing different narrators.

I see it more as a gift to the narrators, a means of self-advertising.

A good narrator is not necessarily a good author.

In addition, I am usually not enthralled by short stories. These stories are VERY short, only a few minutes long. The stories are related to things that have happened to the narrators either at Thanksgiving or Christmas.
Mischenko
Dec 13, 2016 rated it liked it
This is a compilation of Christmas stories and holiday traditions from different audible narrators including Johnathan Davis, Kate reading, Michael Kramer, and many more. All are short with some funny, some sad. At first it was very boring, but as they go on, it's interesting to hear the different traditions and see how different they all are. I'm giving it 3 stars...
Shaun
Dec 25, 2016 rated it liked it
For the most part this piece was really boring. The price was certainly right though. I can't argue with free! The stories were super boring for the most part. But there were a few good ones towards the end. And one line offered by a narrator towards the end, for me, increased this from a two star to a three star book. Use this book if you're behind on your goodreads challenge and trying to catch up towards the end of the year.
TheGeekyBlogger
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Listened for fun (Audible Free)
Overall Rating: 4.50
Narration Rating: 5.00

Quick Thoughts: It was great learning a bit more about the narrators behind the voices. Each were wonderfully told and very heartwarming. Totally a must for fans of audible narrators.

#25NovellasofChristmas
MissSusie
Dec 15, 2016 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this freebie from Audible. it wasn't a book written by an author by our favorite narrators telling their own personal Christmas stories. it was a neat insight into some favorite narrators.
Diane
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this collection of real Christmas stories by Audible readers. As much as I enjoyed the 2017 Christmas release, this one (2016) is my favorite, The stories range from Christmas in Puerto Rico to a Christmas without presents, which turns out to be probably the best Christmas ever. I would really like for Audible to do this next year. It was very enjoyable.
Kristy Miller
Dec 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Popular narrators on Audible tell stories of their Christmases and holiday traditions. More like a narrator sampler with a holiday theme and less like a book or story, but still enjoyable. I always find it interesting to hear about other people's traditions and what gets them in the holiday mood.
Annie
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: winter-reads
This was last year's Audible gift that I never got around to listening to. It's delightful.
Frank
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
A wonderful grouping of narrator holiday memories. Always a pleasure to hear other people's traditions and stories from childhood.
Sandra
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this Christmas gift from Audible. I've only been a member for about seven months, so I didn't know about the whole Christmas gift tradition and so far I haven't heard many of the favourite narrators that were featured in this, but now I'm even more excited to listen to even more books, because all their voices were so pleasant and friendly to my ears.

What hit me when I listened to this was that yes, all these people who read the books I listen to are actual people. I've neve
Andrea Strickland
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I listen to a lot of audio books. It helps keep me calm and distracted while I'm sitting in traffic every day. So, this collection of Christmas stories by Audible Narrators was quite a treat! Each story was unique and special in its own way. It brought back memories of my own childhood Christmases and made me look forward to holiday celebrations in the future.

Lubinka Dimitrova
Some of my favorite narrators, plenty of beautiful, heartwarming and a few heart-wrenching stories, some narrators that I didn't know, but the taste I got from this collection will most certainly make me try to find other books they've narrated - a pretty nice overall experience.
Kate
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A fun holiday listen! I love hearing about other people's holiday traditions and this doesn't disappoint. Even had me tearing up a few times. It's only an hour and half or so listen and I highly recommend it.
Tom Brennan
Audible's Holiday Gift to its subscribers this year. They invited 19 narrators to share their holiday stories and traditions and the results are quite good/entertaining.
Ceillie Simkiss
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-stories
This was a sweet collection of holiday stories. I enjoyed listening to it.
Angie Simmonds
Dec 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Last year Audible gave all their subscribers this gift of The Most Wonderful Tales of the Year. They asked some of their best narrators to tell us readers some of their fondest holiday stories and traditions. While not every story moved me or was relatable to me there were some fine tales told. Stories of a hitchhiking Santa, a Thanksgiving adoption, latch hook crafts and traditional figgy pudding. Stories of the first time cooking a Thanksgiving turkey, the passing of the torch in a Christmas C ...more
Robyn
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
My first audiobook on audible, this was an entertaining compilation of the time-honored Christmas traditions of audible narrators. I enjoyed the idea of asking for the stories of the professionals who typically perform stories as well as the overarching theme that there is no single, "normal" or "typical" way to celebrate the holiday season. some of the stories spoke to me more than others, but I appreciated hearing them all, whether happy or, in some aspects, sad. Perhaps most excitingly for me ...more
BooksAmL
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
I was fortunate to receive this book free, and it was very entertaining. The big reason that I am only giving a 2.7 stars if because it got a little overwhelming at one point, with all this many readers and points of view.

It is a book where the writers share some of their most memorable Christmas stories, and some are very interesting and funny. What is helps is that you will get a little inside on the authors life and their childhood for some of them. I think I would've like it to read it mor
Lorrie
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Thank you, Audible, for this wonderful Christmas gift. I enjoyed it even more than last year's gift. Hearing some of my favorite readers tell their special holiday stories was really neat and for the most part pleasurable. The story of present wrapping really stays with me because personally I detest wrapping gifts but I love to give-especially if it's a homemade gift. The holiday traditions of our readers brought to mind my own family's traditions and memories of Christmases past. My children a ...more
Christy Baker
A series of very short reflections and reminisces by Audible authors on favorite holiday memories, this was an overall very good, lighthearted series of narrated snippets. A few of the segments were less engaging than others, as to be expected in any collection, but overall the quality was high for such brief and varied contributions. Perhaps my one suggestion would have been to rearrange the order of a few of the stories for better flow and feeling, particularly near the end of the collection, ...more
Robin Hatcher
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved getting to hear the voices of these 19 narrators. Although I don't choose my audiobooks because of the narrator, it does make me aware that a book narrated by one of them would be a pleasure to listen to. The stories were set at Thanksgiving or Christmas with nods to other religious holidays around the same time of year. A few of their stories were sad. My favorite was of the family cooking in the big old mansion's kitchen and the baking soda incident. I won't say more to spoil it, but i ...more
Kate
Dec 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016, audio
Most of my favorite narrators sharing their own stories? Sign me up, Audible! And they did. Some of the memories shared were happy, or funny, or sad, but they were told in the voices that have read me some of my favorite stories. What a great gift to listeners who are as obsessed with narrators as I am!
Ashley Oxford
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audible
Free book given away by audible at Christmas that I wanted to get finished. There were maybe 3 stories that were worth listening to. A good narrator doesn't make a good author. Also they would sound kind of precocious telling their not so great stories in their amazing narrator voices like they were reading Dickens or Austen which made me laugh (when it wasn't supposed to be humorous).
Candida Silva
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great Christmas story. This collection of short stories was so enjoyable I could listen to it each Christmas season. I don't do that often but this set made appreciate my own Christmas traditions and family.
Lynn  Davidson
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, audible
I listened to this on an Audible.com book. It consists of several stories read by narrators who read for Audible. The stories are personal experiences shared from the narrators' own lives, their favourite or most memorable. It's a variety of interesting stories, well read.
Mom2triplets04
Received this book free from audible. It's a collection of true short stories told by various narrators. I enjoyed most of the stories and added a few narrators to my must listen to list. Thanks audible for the holiday gift.
Velvet
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Even though it's no longer the holidays and most of these traditions center around the holidays, I really enjoyed listening to these narrators personal stories. Some were a bit sad, some funny, and all really good!
Amanda
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Spring 2018,

A lovely collection of stories from twenty narrators about their Christmas experiences and memories. Several touching, some funny, and some just beautiful to learn about the multiple different kinds of traditions both the world over and just down the street.
Tommy Kiedis
Jan 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: memoir
The Most Wonderful Tales of the Year was delightful. Narrators, familiar to audible listeners, share brief holiday memories. It was engaging, entertaining, and refreshing to hear a little about the person behind the voice.
Cristi-Lael
Dec 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio, adult
This was a sweet free gift from Audible. The stories were a mixed bag, but it was an enjoyable hour and a half while I was working on house chores.

Jonathan Davis is an audiobook narrator and voice actor. He has received critical acclaim for his narration in a variety of genres. He has garnered accolades from Publisher's Weekly, USA Today, and Audio File Magazine. He was a finalist for an Audie Award in the Thriller/Suspense category for his narration of
More about Jonathan Davis

$7.99 $1.99
    $27.99 $2.99
  • Waiter Rant: Thanks for the Tip-Confessions of a Cynical Waiter
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Dakota: A Spiritual Geography (Dakotas)
  • Restless: Because You Were Made for More
  • Antifragile: Things That Gain From Disorder
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Journal of a Solitude
    $17.99 $1.99
  • The God Particle: If the Universe Is the Answer, What Is the Question?
    $12.99 $3.99