Start by marking “Caught (Invertary, #7)” as Want to Read:
Caught (Invertary, #7)

Caught

(Invertary #7)

He wants forever. She just wants his body. Neither of them want to give in.

Mitch Harris has it all. As a successful music manager, who isn’t hard to look at, he has women falling at his feet. And that’s just the way he likes it. For years he’s laughed as, one by one, his buddies have found their women and settled down. He vowed it would never happen to him. Until he sets
Published December 24th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Caught, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Caught

Start your review of Caught (Invertary, #7)
Santhiya
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. This was good. Not bad. Not great. I had a few laughs. But I think I read it more for the series finale than the main characters. I loved seeing the characters from previous books more than rooting for the main characters. Lake, Matt, Jena, Harry, Betty remain to be my favorites.
Becky
Dec 27, 2016 rated it liked it
I preordered this book out of loyalty to this series, Mitch was not one of the more fascinating characters I enjoyed throughout this series. THANK goodness all the other characters from all the other books were in this last invertary book. Mitch although confident in his masculinity and totally opposite of an alpha male he was just a glutton for punishment falling for Jodie. I for one am a huge supporter for strong confident women but she was over the top, I mean if I had to read one more time h ...more
Devika
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
another great series has ended......how im going to miss this bunch......
Amanda
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome series

This is the last in this series and has a beautiful epilogue that gives complete closure love it and definitely a series I would reread
Andrew Palmer
Mitch gets his comeuppance

Introduced in Book 2, Goody Two Shoes, Mitch has been a constant thorn in the side of every man who has fallen in love. Don't get me wrong, I like Mitch, everybody likes Mitch, but his constant ragging on his friends about tying themselves down and falling in love with just one woman has built up a high level of anticipation for when he gets what he deserves.

It happens in Book 7. Jodie was introduced briefly in Book 6 and that initial sense of a woman who doesn't take
Hopeless Romantic Chick
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hilariously cute

I can't say no more...I cheated by jumping from the 1st book to the last because I know Mitch is awesome and deserve a story. Thank you Janet! It's so worth reading, the bffs Josh and Mitch, has a way of choosing their women and like a bull, they go head on whoot whoot! Not only is Jodie such a funny and adorable female character, I love her strength and independence! Thanks for putting in a story about her brother and the cause they did to help abuse women. Love that this story
sandy dunn
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Scotland oh my!

I am hooked, I love every character in this series. Chaos and mayhem in every book. I laughed so hard from the knit and die group, to the dominos guys! The individual couples love stories were awesome.
Melinda L. Johnson
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great series

This was a fun Entertaining series. I enjoyed the complete series and look forward to reading more by this author.

Susanne
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
As good as the rest of the books!! Be careful where you read these books- people tend to look at you in a funny way if you bust out laughing like I tend to do while reading the "Invertary" series.
Chris Ezbicki
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this series!

I have spent the last week in Invertary, reading & enjoying the whole Scottish Highlands series. I laughed, out loud & uproariously at times, I cried a bit, I ‘awwwed’ quite a lot. Each couple had their own challenges to overcome. Challenges that face many of us, to some extent or another. And they did so with feistiness, ingenuity, love. Too bad, that in the real world, people tend to give up & walk (or run) away, when they don’t get their way, things get tough, or the initial
Kathryn
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I recently had to revisit Invertary since it has been a few years since I read the first 6 books only to discover there would be another and a spin-off series. They were still hilarious and heart warming and again I noticed this author's growth in her writing as the series went on. There's also a gradual change that takes place in the amount of steamy details given in particular scenes as well as an increase in crude language. I can skip over most but this book suddenly took a liking to the "F" ...more
Alyssa
Jan 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Katie
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a little sad this series has come to an end. This book is also filled with the characters from previous books; it is also filled with much humor and very climatic cliff hangers that leave you on the edge of your seat. Loved how confident Mitch was not flustered by a very confident Jodie. Again, there is another quick love story with Deke and Brenda, and you still have so many cameos from the other characters. Would love to live in a town like this where the residents really become family to ...more
Lisa E
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved this series and sorry to see it end. I wished this would have been on audio books. I would have loved to listen to these books.
Sorry to say I like Mitch but his story was just ok. I missed the humor that some of the other books in the series. I gave this book 4 stars due to the epilogue. It was my favorite part of the book. I loved that it gave the reader a peek as to what happened to all the other characters.
If you love quirky characters mixed with small town you will not be disappoin
Chessela Helm
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The final Invertary story is a great way to sign off on the town. Henderson takes a serious story about abused women starting again and weaves it into the usual rom com format. I love the new characters. Brenda is hilarious. The main story between Mitch and Jodie is in some ways less compelling than everything else going on in the book. Their instalove is a little TOO insta to take seriously. Still, it's nice to see Mitch find the love of his life, and it's good to have an alpha girl like Jodie ...more
Jennifer Johnson
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Can't get enough of Invertary!!!

I leave this review in tears because I have now read the last book in the Invertary series and now I will mourn the fact that this series will not go on. I fell in love from book one and this series now lives on as my favorite. I know all good things must come to an end but for now I need some proper greeve time. Luckily each book is just as good the second, third, fourth....time around. Basically readers I'm telling you this series, this book, the characters are
Gin
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this series, especially the humour in the books. The reason this book lost a star is because of something that happens in the epilogue that is played off for laughs. I don’t think most people would find it funny if a 95-year-old man used a stun gun on a woman and knocked her unconscious, then lifted up her skirt (in public, no less) to see if rumours of her having her clitoris pierced were true, so why is it funny when an elderly woman takes advantage of a man the same way?
Geraldine
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Given Mitch's attitude since he joined the clan in book 2 I was not expecting how this book kicked off. But away we went and what a ride it was. This book had all the excellent qualities of the series, my favorite being the wicked humor which led to many lol moments.
This is a great series that I will make time to read again one day, it's that good. I would just recommend that you read something completely different between each installment.
Mary Willard
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The funniest, chuckle out loud books I have ever read and re-read and re-read. In a series about the inhabitants of a small Scottish town and the hilarious things that happen to the people there. All of the books in the series are fantastic, light-hearted and fun. Well worth the read, especially if you need cheering up. My go-to books if I need a pick-me-up.
Lauren P. Owen
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best series!

I enjoyed the whole series and I'm thrilled to have discovered JEH as a new author to me! She's funny and her characters are wonderful! I loved the town of invertary. It was kinda sad to finish the series, but knowing I have the whole Benson Series to read makes me feel much better!
Jodie Lauren
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mitch thought he would never fall in line like his friends have but that all changes when he meets Jodie. The difference is this time she doesn’t want a relationship. She has an important job to do and see Mitch as a distraction. Men don’t want a girl like her, she is tough and independent but everyone needs a little help sometimes!

I really enjoyed this series!

Xx
Terri Mayes
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Awesome characters, awesome world building

I loved everything about these books except the detailed sex scenes. The characters, the town the humor are wonderful but I find myself skipping pages of unnecessary graphic sex. It seems like fluff to fill pages. Your writing is too good to need such ploys.
Julie
Jul 26, 2020 rated it liked it
A sweet finale

While the overall series didn't grab me as much as I'd hoped, what I did love about this writer was that there was more than one romance in each book. Sure there was still interesting side characters but the minor romances also provided a break from the main characters and gave some further depth to the story.
April Neal
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful Conclusion

Love at first sight was a perfect tag for Mitch. I so loved his story. This book was the perfect conclusion to all their stories and I loved that you wrapped it all up like that. Thank you so much.
K. Ryner
3,25* this was my least favourite couple in this series. Jodie was the alpha in the relationship and Mitch, well he wasn't even a beta-guy...
Sorry Janet, I can't stand it, when the girl is actually the guy.
I gave 3,25* because of the epilogue and the appearance of the other characters.
Amanda Rozell
Jul 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a great book!

This was a perfect ending for an awesome series! I’m a little sad that it’s the last book for this series because it all was so much fun and I love all the characters we have been introduced too!
Cassidy
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this series!!! I love the main couple and adore the secondary characters. It is so funny, entertaining, and endearing. A plus!!!!
Holly
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun series!
Judith Dempsey
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great end to a fun series
Josie
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OH AM GEE

This was amazing. I laughed out loud so much I think my dog thought I had lost my mind. A perfect ending seeing Mitch get his just desserts.

• Some Call It Love
  • Ghost of a Chance (Wilde Ways, #6)
  • Almost Just Friends (Wildstone, #4)
  • Sworn to the Shadow God (Aspect and Anchor #2)
  • Beguiling the Duke
  • Awakening The Duchess (Mills & Boon Historical)
  • Aspirations of a Lady's Maid
  • Soldier's Duty (Iron Horse Legacy, #1)
  • Weston's Treasure (Gemini Group #3)
  • Cannon (Carolina Reapers, #5)
  • Auctioned to the A-Lister
  • Unlove Me
  • Angel and Slate (Plenty of Shift, #4)
  • Silver Bush (Awkward #3)
  • Maple Sugar Crush (An Autumnboro Sweet Romance Book 2)
  • Dark Secrets (Shadow Guild: The Rebel #3)
  • Love Notes (Rivals #0.5)
I grew up in Scotland, but after I met my Dutch husband in America we decided to move to New Zealand, where we started a family and bought a patch of land that we've filled with other people's unwanted animals. At the moment, we have 2 mini-horses, three alpaca, some sheep, some chickens, 7 guinea pigs, 4 cats, a dog and a turtle. When I'm not arguing with my teen, or listening to my 11 year old t ...more

Invertary (7 books)
  • Lingerie Wars (Invertary, #1)
  • Goody Two Shoes (Invertary, #2)
  • Magenta Mine (Invertary, #3)
  • Calamity Jena (Invertary, #4)
  • Bad Boy (Invertary, #5)
  • Here Comes The Rainne Again (Invertary, #6)