Start by marking “Resolution (Golden Beach #5)” as Want to Read:

Resolution (Golden Beach #5)

Firefighter Alex Oliver lost everything that mattered.
In the blink of an eye, the life he’d built burned to the ground.
Now, he’s starting over. Returning home to Golden Beach, he’s determined to pick up the pieces and put himself back together.
Love isn’t an option.
He had that once upon a time, and all he got was a broken heart.

Optimistic and sunny, Lauren Garcia is exactl
Kindle Edition
Published April 19th 2017 by Soul Mate Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Resolution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Resolution

Jennifer Pierson
Apr 18, 2017 Jennifer Pierson rated it it was amazing
Lauren Garcia is a sunny person who discovered a box of old love letters in her apartment, which has her questioning if a love like that really exists. Firefighter Alex Oliver has come home to Golden Beach, heartbroken after losing everything he held dear. When he meets Lauren in a little cafe, he knows he doesn't want her sunny disposition in his life, and yet, he can't make himself stay away. Wow, this was hard to try to describe, as my little words couldn't do the emotional ride that I just g ...more
Rochall Kehm
Mar 29, 2017 Rochall Kehm rated it it was amazing
I got an ARC for an honest review. I have read all the books in this series and loved them. This one I read in 24 hours...I couldn't put it down, I wanted to know what was going to happen next! It was really well written, it took me through different emotions...I was happy, I was frustrated, I cried. I was frustrated with Alex and loved him too. I can't wait to see what the next book brings!
Lucy
Apr 18, 2017 Lucy rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. Really engaging story, characters you connect with and love story you can believe in! Love love love!!
Erin OBrien
Apr 05, 2017 Erin OBrien rated it it was amazing
So much anguish. So much pain. But also a chance at happiness.
Books are supposed to be a way for us to tap into all the emotions that we don't experience every day. If you're looking for a chance to sigh over a romantic gesture, rage about someone being a "butt-hole", or have a good cry, this book will get you there. This book deserves 6 stars!
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Mande
Mar 30, 2017 Mande rated it it was amazing
Resolution is my new favorite in the Golden Beach series. Shattered widower, firefighter Alex returns to his hometown of Golden Beach to mourn in peace and try to pick up the remnants of what is left of his life after loosing his high school sweetheart. It is here in a little cafe he meets eternally patient Lauren. When Lauren isn't busy waiting tables at the local cafe, she loves to write.
Lauren discovers a box of old love letters in her apartment that beg her heart to question if a love like t
Nicki Holt
Mar 29, 2017 Nicki Holt rated it it was amazing
This is pure second chance romance at its best. The story of Lauren and Alex had me laughing out loud and wiping tears from my cheeks. Alex is haunted by the suicide of his first wife, Lauren is looking to start her life away from her unloving family. What starts off with a group of letters found in the back of a closet ends up in a beautiful happily ever after. It's not an easy road to get to their destination, but in the end it is do worth it. I highly recommend this book and I definitely need ...more
Nettie Wachacha
Mar 24, 2017 Nettie Wachacha rated it it was amazing
i received this arc for an honest review. i love this book. by far my favorite of the series. it made me both laugh and cry. it also made me want reach inside the story and headslap alex. as usual the author held me captive chapter by chapter. another awesome read by an amazing author.
Amber Gilstrap
Mar 05, 2017 Amber Gilstrap rated it it was amazing
This was such an amazing read. There was a lot of brokenness, love and the feeling of needing to know more.
Alex Oliver is my favorite leading man in the Golden beach series. Sexy, broken and funny.
Rachel Talavera
Dec 10, 2016 Rachel Talavera rated it it was amazing
WOW ... This is by far my favorite book in the Golden Beach series. Alex and Lauren's story ripped me a part and put me back together in small piece's. Compelling and beautiful written book with well round characters. Would highly recommend this book it is fantastic.
S.J. Higgins
Apr 12, 2017 S.J. Higgins rated it it was amazing
By far my favorite of the Golden Beach Series. I wanted to write a really profound review listing all my favorite lines but around twenty percent in I forgot all about highlighting and just devoured this book.
Angst, laugh out loud moments and cringe worthy moments will keep you flipping the pages long after you should be asleep.
Awesome!
Megan Jacob
Mar 27, 2017 Megan Jacob rated it really liked it
Alex is going through steps to deal with the loss of his wife. When he meets Lauren, his attitude messes up their acquaintance. I loved reading how both of these people start to work on themselves and show that patience is a virtue. This is my honest review of a book I received. It was a very well written and emotional story
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Apr 27, 2017 Nerdy Dirty & Flirty rated it really liked it
description

Starting over is hard and paved with good intentions…
Alex and Lauren were starting over from very different very places in their lives but that didn’t mean they couldn’t recognize something special building between them. Alex was reluctant – in a way that was painfully obvious – to engage in anything resembling love. Loss and grief were going to keep him insulated until Lauren quietly broke through and made things even more uncertain…
I love how love refuses to be denied and this story eloquently
Mary
Apr 13, 2017 Mary rated it it was amazing
I love a love story that starts out with tension and angst between the two principals. Alex is broken, hurt, and rough around the edges. Lauren is strong, sassy, and determined. Both are trying to put their lives back together. It's so hard for Alex to give into the feelings he’s having for Lauren that he sometimes reacts to that frustration. She is right by his side, to support him, and offer encouragement as he struggles with his past, reassuring him that she's not going anywhere and the love ...more
Virginia
Apr 24, 2017 Virginia rated it it was amazing
Resolution was my first romance read by Kim Loraine and I loved it!! (I also read Wake the Watcher which is paranormal and was also fab).

After reading Resolution I want to go back and read the rest of the books in the series. I absolutely loved Alex and Lauren’s story. I loved the idea of the small town setting and how they both live in the same house but in separate apartments.

Alex has issues from his past making him closed off and a little difficult to deal with at times. But he’s also so lova
Amy
Apr 15, 2017 Amy rated it it was amazing
Oh my, the feels in this book are ...just...wow.

Alex is struggling with his wife's suicide. She was his first and only love, his everything. She's been gone a year, but he still is haunted by the memories of her. Lauren is a breath of fresh air. Even though he is distant and an all around "butt-head" to her, she is always kind to him and tries to get through his tough exterior. She knows there is something troubling him and wants to help. As his walls start to come down, he has a new battle in
Renee
Apr 23, 2017 Renee rated it it was amazing
Really great romance. Alex is a firefighter with a tragic past. Lauren is trying to do what she loves despite her family's misgivings. Despite his reluctance, Alex starts to have feeling for Lauren.

Definitely an angsty read. Great story.
Tammy
Apr 13, 2017 Tammy rated it it was amazing
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I got an ARC for an honest review.
I absolutely loved this read... I couldn't put it down. I had to know what was going to happen next!!!! I was on an emotional roller coaster. I was happy, sad, and frustrated. Alex, the fire fighter returns to Golden Beach to pick up the remnants of his life after losing his high school sweetheart. Lauren waits tables at a local cafe. She also loves to write. She found some old letters in her apartment that gave her hope to find
Rachael
Apr 10, 2017 Rachael rated it it was amazing
Alex and Lauren revive one another, remind each other that life is for living, grasping what makes you happy. "Resolution" by Kim Loraine reminds me of a heart rate monitor, up and down and showing that the characters are still alive, still beating. Alex and Lauren battle their own pasts and their own self-doubts all while striving for a mutual goal: to live and to love. "Resolution" is relatable and the characters are fighters, so it's very easy to root for them and want them to get their HEA. ...more
Stacie Christensen
Mar 29, 2017 Stacie Christensen rated it it was amazing
Firefighter Alex Oliver lost everything that mattered.
In the blink of an eye, the life he’d built burned to the ground.
Love isn’t an option.
He had that once upon a time, and all he got was a broken heart.

Optimistic and sunny, Lauren Garcia is exactly what Alex doesn’t want in his life. Despite his fears, he can’t stay away.
Her love might be the glue that holds him in plac
Lylian Aguiar
Apr 02, 2017 Lylian Aguiar rated it it was amazing
Hot roller coaster of emotions. Alex and Lauren have so much chemistry, they are so hot together but that's not all. This book takes you in a journey full of hot emotions. Amazing!
Tersia Eloff
Mar 26, 2017 Tersia Eloff rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC copy of this and when I read the first sentence I almost gave up. I do not read 3rd person writing. But I ignored that and was hooked by the first page. I loved Alex, I thing I descovered my first book friend. He is totally lovable, just wanted to hug him and hide him away so that he can never be hurt again. I didn't like Lo, maybe it was the connection I had with Alex from the start, I felt that all her choices were just wrong. Over all this was a heart felt love story. Worth ...more
Kailyn Hall
Mar 26, 2017 Kailyn Hall rated it it was amazing
This book. My goodness, this book. Fantastic read. Alex is the guy we all want to be the one to save. Lauren is all of us struggling to find our way. I've loved all of Ms. Loraine's books but this one is my new favorite! I was so caught up in these people and what they were struggling through. I was sucked into their world and fully invested until the last page. And Alex? Yum. My favorite Golden Beach fella to date. Thanks for the great story Kim!!!
Ana Tamura
Apr 20, 2017 Ana Tamura rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. Alex and Lauren amazing characters! Alex is going through a difficult time dealing with the loss of his wife and he's determined to not fall again but there's Lauren who happens to cross his path. And she's so sweet and understanding.
To avoid any more spoilers I'll just say their relationship felt so real! To say this story has all the feels is an understatement. This was the first book by Kim I've read and definitely not the last. Highly recommentded!
Sierra Hill
May 03, 2017 Sierra Hill rated it really liked it
Enjoyed my first book by Kim Loraine and second chance romances are the best. Sweet, sunny Lauren meets the sullen, moody, guilt-ridden fireman, Alex, at the diner she works. Lauren tries every tactic known to man to get Alex to smile, but nothing seems to get through his tough exterior. Until he’s forced to deal with her upbeat demeanor on a daily basis as his apartment tenant.
It’s hard not to fall in love with Alex, who is mourning the death of the love of his life, his high school sweetheart
Vero
Sweet as Apple Pancakes!!!

A beautiful story with a happy ending. But to get to that ending Lauren and Alex will struggle. Lost and pain will mark them both. Alex is a sexy, broken firefighter, coming back to his home town to try and get his life on track after a mayor lost. Lauren is a really beautiful, talented, intelligent and sweet woman working on a dinner while pursuing her real passion that is writing. What she never guess was that a handsome, sexy, hard headed, annoying man would enter
Lena
Jun 18, 2017 Lena rated it it was amazing
From the beginning of Resolution you know Alex is broken, you just don't know how broken. Lauren from the beginning you love! She is peppy, full of life and just what Alex needs! Question is, will he let her into his heart? Resolution shows you just how important trust and communication are in a relationship! Alex and Lauren's chemistry is super strong and super sexy! 5 out of 5 roses!
Megan Luker
Dec 17, 2016 Megan Luker rated it it was amazing
Alex Oliver.

My favorite Golden Beach Man! I didn't want to put this book down! Hands down my favorite book from Kim. She nailed this one. Alex is your typical man with a past he can't seem to forget about and Lauren just wants to make everything better- she can't help it! Had me on the edge of my seat til the very last page, you can't help but root for these two.
Lulu
Jul 13, 2017 Lulu rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF @ 34%

I tried. I really did. 34%!!!!!! I just couldn't finish. I tell you what, some of these authors need to calm down with the melodrama. Take a chill pill and breathe! It was just too much with both characters together & individually.
Josephine
Josephine rated it it was ok
Apr 22, 2017
Teri
Apr 18, 2017 Teri rated it really liked it
Alex is a mess being eaten alive by anger and guilt over everything that happened with his previous wife and her death. There is no room for anyone in his life especially the fiery waitress who he loves to piss off. Lauren has just gotten out of a bad relationship and has major issues of her own which include her parents. When the two meet it is fire and water. Now all that needs to happen is the fireman needs to put that water to use.

Well written and such an amazing read. Pain, lies, heartache

Golden Beach (6 books)
  • Restoration (Golden Beach #1)
  • Renovation (Golden Beach #2)
  • Foundation (Golden Beach #2.5)
  • Resonance (Golden Beach #3)
  • Redemption (Golden Beach #4)