Start by marking “Redemption (Golden Beach #4)” as Want to Read:
Redemption (Golden Beach #4)

Redemption (Golden Beach #4)

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  72 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
Sparks may fly in the bedroom, but fire always brings destruction.

Golden Beach firefighter, Lieutenant Michael Oliver, has everything he wants — a beautiful wife, a job he loves, and a future that finally looks bright after years of darkness. Until one day a surprise from his past shows up, throwing everything he’d finally recovered from back in his face.

Lena Shirakawa mar
Published February 8th 2017 by Soul Mate Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Redemption, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Redemption

Rachel Talavera
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it always a hit by Kim in my opinion I wanted this book to be fantastic and it was!! Love Micheal and Lena.
Amy
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG…just…WOW. I did not want to put this book down!  I kept sneaking peaks during work, then when I was finally able to sit down and read uninterrupted later that night, I was up until 3am.  I simply could not stop!  I swear Kim hit on every emotion while giving us Lena and Michael’s story.  This is such a powerful, emotional read of two very different people with an explosive chemistry that cannot be denied. Their downfall could be the ghosts and fears of the past haunting them, keeping their w ...more
Smashlybookalicousreviewingchicks
Who can pass up a Hot fireman? "Not I", said no one. We get to see a hot fireman with a heart of gold. He may have been shafted in the past, but this Vegas quick wedding is sure to leave you burning up. There is so much passion, insecurity on both parts, determination and a surprise that kept unraveling and has you gasping a few times until you feel Redemption right along with Michael and Lena.
This book is a standalone in the Golden Beach series and you can easily read this story without having
Naomi Connor
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
***ARC provided in exchange for an honest review - Naomi / Scandalous Book Blog***

HOT, HOT, HOT!!! Kim's writing was powerful and filled with passion, I was sucked in to this book and couldn't put it down.
Lena and Michael's story was emotional and raw.

Michael and Lena come together and their connection is the spark that sets fire to their soul's...but fire is also the enemy and are this couple strong enough to weather the destruction coming their way.

A Vegas wedding see this couple jumping str
Chasidy
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing

“Sparks may fly in the bedroom, but fire always brings destruction.”

Lena, loves photography and dreams of making it big. Lena’s father abandoned her and her mother when she was only two years old. She has trust issues with men and has no intentions of falling in love. What happens when a playboy firefighter is all she can think of?

Michael, playboy, firefighter, what more can you ask for? Michael is haunted by his past. Left at the alter two days before his wedding by his fiancé, losing his broth
Teri
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Whew I can finally take a deep breath. This story just about did me in. I didn't want to like Lena I mean come on Michael is a hunky firefighter work it out girl!! Anyway the story is awesome it starts off one way and then all of a sudden you meet Michael and he is getting a bomb dropped and then we flash back to get us caught up. Anyway both of these two have major issues but they are sooooooo human it is mind boggling. The part that just did me in is when Michael is talking to his mother after ...more
Natasha
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
4* read.

This is the first book by this author that I've read but now I will defiantly be going back and reading more.

The characters were very well developed and whats better then a sexy hot alpha fireman to get your teeth into. This isn't usually the book I'd pick up, just for the fact that its based more around after they got married and I usually read romances from like the very start not after if that makes sense. Ha that probably doesn't make sense but in my head I know what I mean.

After ge
Laurie Gardiner
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm a fan of Kim Loraine, so I jumped at the opportunity to read Redemption before its release. It didn't disappoint, and I read it in two sittings. What a roller coaster ride of emotions! The characters are well-developed, likeable, and relatable, the intimate scenes, steamy and realistic. I laughed, cried, and agonized right along with Lena and Michael. I'll be clearing a spot on my bookshelf for all Kim's books.
Zara Quintana
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This Series Just Keeps Getting Better. I was provided this audiobook at no charge by the author, publisher and/or narrator in exchange for an unbiased review. The author's writing keeps pulling you in and gets you invested in these contemporary romance characters and their world. This book is an excellent continuation in the series but can also be read/listened to as a stand-a-lone. This is the first audiobook in the series with two narrators performing in duet style, and it just makes it that m ...more
Mande
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love Kim Loraine's Golden Beach Series and how well she blends the past and present characters lives together. The way she overlapped certain situations didn't seem redundant. It felt fluid. As though you could see how the lives were going on simultaneously. I thought Michael and Lena's fireball romance was just that. Explosive and passionate. Gotta love some hunky fire fighters!
Though on more than one occasion I wanted to shake em both, sit em down for a pow wow.. oh its a story? mmmkay.. Af
Literary  Chanteuse
May 04, 2017 marked it as rom-contemporary
For a star rating and full review please visit InD'tale magazine online, May 2017 issue. http://www.indtale.com/reviews/contem...
Annesha
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reads
Loved it! Had me on an emotional roller coaster. Loved the main Characters and the story had me wanting more. Great job Kim Loraine, thank you for this one. My first 2017 read and I was hooked!
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
The blurb for Redemption by Kim Loraine intrigued me from the first time I read it. I love all kind of books, but books about what happens after a couple finds their happily ever after are my current obsession. A couple’s story does not end after the “I dos”.

Lena was beautiful, free spirited and determined. But even the strongest woman harbors fear and insecurities. Michael was a hot, strong alpha man, with a heart of gold. And a firefighter.

Michael Oliver is happy. He has a job he loves. A wi
Jennifer Lashbrook
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Redemption by Kim Loraine

I was lucky enough to receive an early copy to give an honest review.

Lena drove me insane at first. She is wishy washy about what she wants. Michael is everything you would want in a partner. The story has a ton of angst and hotness. I did not want to put it down. I loved Michael at times and hated him in others. Well, hate is strong - he was just being an ass at times. I really did not like Lena at first. I wanted to smack her 90% of the book. I understood her issues,
Stacie Christensen
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sparks may fly in the bedroom, but fire always brings destruction.

Lena Shirakawa married the man of her dreams in an impulsive Vegas wedding. As a free-spirited and highly sought-after travel photographer, bei
Megan | A Page to Turn
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
This was my first book by Kim, but I will be going back and reading ALL of the books in the Golden Beach series for sure! I liked how developed her characters were and while I felt like I missed things from previous stories, I still loved this book, and enjoyed the story and the idea of this small town and the people in it.

Michael and Lena married in an impulse, and are now facing some hard realities of marriage... divorce seems like the best and only option, but Michael refuses to give up on th
S.J. Higgins
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of this book.

If you love reading about hot firemen who are alpha for all the right reasons then this is the book for you. Not only is Michael crazy hot but he’s also got a heart as big as the Atlantic.

There were so many elements to this story and so many feels all of which I can’t go into or I’ll spoil the story for you all.

I will say that Kim Loraine really did her homework, the details and bits of information regarding the firehouse and what happens on a
Katerina Kailey
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was so lucky to get an ARC of Redemption and it definitely did not disappoint. Lean and Michael's story will take you on a roller coaster of emotions. It was so incredibly hard to pry myself away from their story because I wanted to know what would happen next.

I love that Kim has connected all of the Golden Beach characters together and to finally hear Lena and Michael's story was amazing!
Heather cataldo
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book will give you all the feels!! Lena is such a strong woman. I need more of GBFD and Lena in my life! If you haven't read any of Kim Loraine's books, stop and good read them. If you have read them, then you already know this book is a must. be prepared to lose sleep, sneak in reading during work, or beg your significant other to read it to you while you are driving cause you don't want to put it down!! Thank you Kim Loraine for your amazing books!
Rochall Anderbery kehm
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC copy for an honest review.
I loved this book! It was great to hear Michael and Lena's story. I couldn't put it down, I wanted to see what would happen next I love that although this book is part of a series it can also be a stand alone book. You will not be disappointed in this book!
Mandy
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was chose for an ARC of this book. I loved the story line. I really enjoyed reading Michael and Lena's story. The book was hard to flow at times, and it jumped around. I finished the book although I had some issues. I wish that some parts of the book were more elaborate. Although, I had some issues I enjoyed Michael and Lena!
Amber Gilstrap
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kim's books are always amazing. This one did not disappoint. I couldn't put it down. Even my husband heard me chuckling. Lots of emotions.
Cat
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful,Emotional and enjoyable love story.
I highly recommend this book..Now I need to read the rest of the books in this series.
LOVED IT !!
Nettie Wachacha
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to win an arc of this book. I loved it. If you love stories about firefighter then you'll love this.
Nina ~ Meleth Bookaddicted ~
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
REDEMPTION was a first for me – first book written by Kim Lorraine, first audiobook narrated by Will M. Watt and Susan Fouche. At this point I’m only going to say this much: Neither this nor that will be my last one!

The blurb of this story intrigued me and drew me in immediately. One of my favorite romance tropes are second chances, especially those where couples are already married but drifting apart for whatever reasons and find their way to each other again and discover their passion for one
Shelley Youngblood
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Redemption is part of Kim Loraine's Golden Beach series. It can be read as a stand alone, though as I read it I am greatly intrigued about the other characters mentioned in this story. I am new to Kim Loraine as an author, but this will certainly not be the last I read from her. I fell in love with the wonderful world she has created in Golden Beach. She created suspense, combustible chemistry and a story line that kept me burning through the pages. There were times I laughed out loud, cried and ...more
Patty
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There is something about the way Kim Loraine writes that completely enraptures me. This series has taken me in from the first book, but I have to say that this one had me in every emotion I could think of. I am not a person who gets all wrapped up in the feelings, I listen to the story and enjoy. This one I was physically happy and sad and I had to keep the earbuds in to find out how things were going to turn out. This is story of Michael Oliver, firefighter,(of course he is hot, he is a firefig ...more
Lena
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio
Let me start with, who doesn't love to read a book where you share the same name as the main character?!? This was the first time for me as Lena is not a common name and it was pretty cool and weird at the same time!

Not only was it a first for the name thing, it was also my first introduction to Kim Loraine. It took about six months for me to finally get through my TBR list to get to Redemption and let me tell you, knowing there was six books in the series I knew I wasn't going to be able to sto
Cyrene Olson
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this very quickly it’s nothing special just a normal romantic book. The key elements that make this book work is a lot of drama and real life situations. There is a few books out there by this author with some of the same characters mentioned here. Thankfully they are all standalone books like this. The clever thing this author has achieved is a part from me liking this book, she’s made me want to go back and read all the others. I’m pretty sure any fans of romance and drama will love thi ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

Golden Beach (6 books)
  • Restoration (Golden Beach #1)
  • Renovation (Golden Beach #2)
  • Resonance (Golden Beach #3)
  • Resolution (Golden Beach #5)
  • Remnants (A Golden Beach Novel)