Start by marking “Whispers of Old Winds” as Want to Read:
Whispers of Old Winds

Whispers of Old Winds

2nd Edition

Sheriff Sam Daly, a veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan, and his husband, Michael Bellomo, have made a life for themselves in sparsely populated Pine County in the Colorado mountains. Sam oversees the small sheriff’s department, and Michael sells his paintings and tourist items out of his shop, Needful Things. From the beginning, Sam has known Michael possessed gift
Kindle Edition, 2nd edition, 315 pages
Published December 16th 2016 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Whispers of Old Winds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whispers of Old Winds

Ann
This was my first read by this author during my annual trip through Dreamspinner’s Advent Calendar event in 2015. The original story is exactly why I read every story every year, I love being introduced to authors that are new to me and George Seaton writes words that transcend the basic Christmas story and his offering was a tale that made me believe in winter magic of all sorts. In the second edition the author has taken his short story and expanded it to full novel length and I absolutely lov ...more
Kristen Burns
3 Stars

Full Review:
*I received an ecopy of this book from the publisher. This has in no way influenced my review.*

This book was… strange. The main character was strange. His husband was strange. The town was strange. The story was strange. I don’t mean it was bad or poorly written, just… strange, and maybe not quite for me. And I don’t really know how to explain it (but I’ll try).

For one thing, all the characters seemed to act so secretive for most of the book (though the two main characters got
Free_dreamer
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review

I really enjoyed “Whispers of Old Winds”. It’s a bit of an unusual paranormal story. It’s not told from the supernaturally gifted MC’s pov and I’ve never come across the Native American myths about skinwalkers before. I’ll admit that my knowledge of Native American myths and legends is extremely limited, though.

Anyway, I liked how the author wove those myths into the story so easily, even though his MCs are not Native American. I have a thing f
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This was an unexpected pleasure. An atmospheric paranormal crime story set in the Colorado rockies, I read it in a single sitting, thoroughly captured by the voice of the narrator, a small-town sheriff.

I loved Sam and I loved the complicated characters in Pine Creek. No one is as they first appear and the frightening events in the story push Sam beyond the limits of skills honed through his military experience. When logical la
BWT (Belen)
Dec 14, 2016 marked it as i-hated-or-dnf  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, mm-fiction
DNF at 33% - No rating.

The back and forth between present and past tense, coupled with the single POV and the quiet pace of the story...I just am not enjoying any aspect of the story, so it doesn't really feel fair to continue at this time.

Perhaps one day I'll pick it back up again.
Ariel
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay-book-reviews
American Indian Folklore Lives

Do you like stories about weres, shapeshifters or skinwalkers? Do you like stories about American Indians? Do you like police or military stories? If you said yes to any of these, then you will love this story.

Get out your biggest bowl and fill it with popcorn. Grab your drink and head off to your chair or sofa. You're getting ready for a spectacular show.

That's the best word for this story -  spectacular. This is an amazing mystery & suspense, paranormal story
DL
Apr 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. Sam was a great mix of gentle humor and gentle strength. His love for his husband and his respect for his district and its inhabitants came through very clearly. I enjoyed Michael and his visions. I enjoyed Hank and his cryptic messages, even at the end, Hank was a fabulous character. Up until the point where Bri enters the story, this was a solid 4 star read for me. But there were just too many coincidences and too much to swallow with her. Spoiler Alert: Then the endi ...more
Suze
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I bought this originally in December 16 after having read the short story in the DSP Advent calendar of 2015. I did enjoy the short, with its questions of what else is in the world.
So when this longer version came out I was keen to read - it has just taken me a long time!
Now, I can’t truly remember which bits were in the original but I did enjoy this. It is told in Sam’s pov in first person narrative which takes a bit of adjusting to but gives an immediacy to the story.
In a town where strange ha
Kragthang
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-mystery
The book was a tad slow for me, but the way it was written was awesome. It felt like I was reading two books at the same time with the MCs in the here and now and every other chapter tidbits from the past that help understand where the MCs come from.
Michael
2.5 Stars rounded up. I just couldn't get into the characters. Michael seemed to float through the story with no explanations as to his actions. Sam is sort of an asshole. The only likable character in the book was "Digger".
Dena
I really enjoyed this and would love more from this world.
Annie
Surpassed all my expectations

This review is for the second edition, which is the full length novel. When I first signed up to review this because the title caught my attention, I referenced the Goodreads link. I saw a cutesy Christmas cover, and thought I was signing up for a Christmas short released December 2015 as part of the Dreamspinner Advent Calendar series. Imagine my surprise when this gorgeous cover appeared on my device with a full length novel. George Seaton took the short story from
Debbie
Independent reviewer for Divine Magazine, I was gifted my copy of this book.

Sam and Michael live happily in the Colorado mountains. Sam is Sheriff and Michael has his store. When the body of a skinwalker is discovered in a massive snow drift, Sam discovers Michael's gifts are far more than he first imagined.

Struggling to word this review, because I'm not really sure how I felt about it.

The story itself had promise, and I looked forward to reading it, but for me, it fell kinda flat. The skinwalke
Jaymie
Dec 04, 2017
Amazonaute
Dec 24, 2016
George Seaton
Dec 01, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Andrew
Dec 10, 2017
Tina
Dec 16, 2017
George Seaton
Dec 17, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)