Start by marking “The Painted Pony (Magical Adventures & Pony Tales, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Painted Pony (Magical Adventures & Pony Tales, #1)

The Painted Pony

(Magical Adventures & Pony Tales #1)

Enter a World of Magic and Possibilities
Stargazer the carousel pony lives in a magical world. He enjoys his life in the carnival, thank you very much – until he meets a young boy called Sebastian, who has a rather peculiar gift.
Sebastian can read Stargazer’s mind, and what starts as a fairground fun, turns into a great adventure. Their lives collide, and nothing will ev
Published December 5th 2016 by Little Whimsey Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Painted Pony, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Painted Pony

Clare O'Beara
Dec 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Short and sweet, a fantasy set in France about a carousel horse and a boy. The boy has seen wild horses on the Camargue and he tells the carousel horse about the kind of life it could lead. The wooden horse had been quite happy, or thought it had, but faced with the possibilities of a real horse's wild life, it decides to try to change.

The tale is clearly an allegory and can be used as a teaching aid, helping young children to see that they can do more and be more than the life others plan for
Julia
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
This morning I was looking for a nice and quick read for my morning ritual just before bed and to ensure the light would stay off I was skimming my chosen unread Kindle books when this one my eye. The title is ambiguous enough not to give away the story and the cover artwork is itself beautiful.

I must be still influenced by my stereotyped horsy-girl phase that I was charmed enough to be captured by the promise of not only a horse but one that also promise magic. Who can truly resist?

The writi
Elsbeth
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Magical short story, filled with colours, friendship and happiness!
Rosie
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Stargazer is a pony which lives on a carousel. He feels excitement during the day, as children scramble to score a ride on Stargazer’s saddle, with lights, music and colors ablaze surrounding him. But at night, when the music and the colors stop, all Stargazer can think about is the excitement that the following day brings when the crowds return. It isn’t until one child, Sebastian, climbs into Stargazer’s saddle, that a telepathic conversation between the two ensues, with Sebastian suggesting t ...more
E.C. Kraeft
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story is about a wooden horse, Stargazer, who lives on a carousel. Stargazer is very happy making children happy as a carousel horse until he meets a boy named, Sebastian. Sebastian makes Stargazer believe in his potential and the two become friends.
This very descriptive book is a great read aloud for parents and kids. The length of the book is good for one or two sittings, or for revisiting a cute tale. This story will get the imagination flowing for any young reader who loves horses.
Patricia
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
This was a sweet little story about a boy, called Seb, who frees a carousel horse and its companions. There was a little too much magic in it for my taste - I think it would have been improved if it were not set in a magical land where there were colors unknown in our world. To me, this complicated the story unneccessarily. Still, it was pleasant, and would make a good bedtime story, leaving the listening child with pretty images and a good feeling to go to sleep with.
Gabriella
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, childrens
A wonderful story that teaches people that if you believe and work hard you can get what you dream of. Also that sometimes you dream of things you didn't even know about to begin with. Beautifully written and fun.
Lady Of
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dream a Little Dream

What a darling story for any big or girl. To dream and fantasize. This would be great to share or read at bedtime together for any child and parent.
The Library at Lilac Cottage
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This short story was written so well that it was refreshing to read. Recommended.
Patricia
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it

This story is about Stargazer a carousal horse who loves his job. Until the day he meets Sebastion a young boy who can hear his thoughts . This is a special relationship and opens up a world to Stargazer and the wildlings .
    This was a sweet story of the world of a carousal horse and the imagination of one young boy . The author paints such a sweet wonderful story. Full of wonder and awe , it truly is a magical book .  The way the author writes is poetic . You are sent to a magical plac
rachel
Feb 07, 2017 rated it liked it
To much magic and imagination

Because it is fair and I disliked all the magic and I hope in the books to come there is less magic
M girl
Elena Paige
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a gorgeous book, that any girl or boy would love to read. Full of amazing imagery and very imaginative. I hope the author writes more!!! Extremely inspiring and uplifting.
Christine Meunier
Jun 21, 2017
dan asher
Jun 09, 2018
ShadowHunter _7605
rated it did not like it
Jun 03, 2017
May 21, 2017
ramamand
Jun 01, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Angharad Thompson Rees is a poet, comic scriptwriter, and author of both the MG fantasy Magic and Mage series, and the Magical Adventures & Pony Tales children’s series. A former equine professional with over 15 years experience working with top-class horses, Angharad now incorporates her knowledge into her equine themed fantasy series, creating fast moving plots that gallop along at speed!

Magical Adventures & Pony Tales (6 books)
  • The Galloping Pony (Magical Adventures & Pony Tales #2)
  • The Girl and her Pony (Magical Adventures & Pony Tales #3)
  • The Runaway Pony (Magical Adventures & Pony Tales #4)
  • The Desert Pony (Magical Adventures & Pony Tales Book 5)
  • The Wooden Pony (Magical Adventures & Pony Tales #6)