Start by marking “Magic & Mistletoe: 15 Paranormal Stories for the Holidays” as Want to Read:
Magic & Mistletoe: 15 Paranormal Stories for the Holidays

Magic & Mistletoe: 15 Paranormal Stories for the Holidays

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  180 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Christmas is magical...but sometimes that magic is cursed.

Dive into the holiday spirit this season with fifteen bite-sized paranormal shorts full of mystery, danger, humor, and romance. Experience the wonder as you journey alongside werewolves, vampires, djinn, monsters, fae, hellhounds, witches, druids, and one seriously pissed-off fairy godmother.

From New York Times, U
Published December 9th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Magic & Mistletoe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magic & Mistletoe

Penny Noble
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
My feelings about box sets are somewhat mixed. Not too long ago, I couldn't stand them. Now I like them but am leery because I am never sure what's going to be offered. I have read a few of the authors, Erin Bedford, Aimee Easterling, and K.N. Lee, so I went ahead and took a chance on this set as there were also authors I have wanted to read (not mentioning those as I don't want to slight those I hadn't wanted to read!). I'm happy to report this box set is well-worth the less than a dollar it co ...more
Damian Southam
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Magic & Mistletoe is a collection of 15 Paranormal Stories for the Holidays by Aimee Easterling, A. Blythe, Demelza Carlton, Katie Salidas, C.N. Crawford, J.L. Hendricks, Katerina Martinez, Hailey Edwards, Rachel McClellan, K.N. Lee, Amy Hopkins, May Sage, Rick Gualtieri, Erin Bedford, and P. Joseph Cherubino. As you can tell by the name of the anthology the stories are centred around the festive season and sentiments. They vary in length considerably and predominantly include characters fro ...more
Jacqueline The Pufflehuffle Kitteh
Going into this, I’d only read a few of the authors involved. This book introduced me to a few authors which I had not yet had the pleasure to read and I will now be keeping an eye out for some of their other works.

I have to talk about the cover. It’s gorgeous and clearly shows that you’re in for a Paranormal read.The colours are all such great choices, so striking next to the others, the font too was a good choice.

The stories inside were all unique, whilst flowing so well together. One of my fa
Marina Finlayson
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was an entertaining way to spend a lazy Boxing Day afternoon, with stories to suit every taste. Featuring everything from the familiar werewolves and vampires to the more exotic djinn and fairy godmothers, all the stories had a Christmas theme, and it was fun seeing how the different authors worked the paranormal into Christmas.
Lynn Hill
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this collection of Christmas short stories. Some of them are sweet and tender and some are down right belly busters. I think I may have found some new authors I want to start to read. I recommend getting this and enjoying this fast read.

I volunteered to read these books!!
Kerri
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love short story collections. I always find a few new authors to follow. This was a fun collection of stories surrounding Christmas.
Emily Pennington
Shelves: reviewed
Reviewing 2 stories as a representative sample of the wonderful Christmas collection:
>>> Reviewing “A Stone’s Throw Christmas” by Hailey Edwards <<<
Agent Camille Ellis of the Earthen Conclave sat at her mate’s desk. Cord Graeson stood in the doorway with a red blindfold hanging out of his pocket. He invited her to go on a run – part of the game they played. She was fae and he was a warg, a wolf. She put on the blindfold and used her headstart to move into the woods. She felt l
McKenzie Richardson
I think I may have enjoyed this book more knowing what I was getting myself into before starting to read it. So here are some helpful hints about what you'll find inside this book:

1. The term "paranormal" in the title refers mostly to "paranormal romance", which I am not a huge fan of. While the stories weren't erotic, most of them center around a romantic relationship or incorporate romantic elements, which I usually don't enjoy reading.

2. By "paranormal", the title also means mostly werewolve
Denise
Dec 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal, romances
I enjoyed some of the stories in this book and have noted some new authors to pursue. Most of the stories are short, and some have no ties to Christmas at all except for the date. I am not going to go into all of them as that would be a long review.
Four short stories by Aimee Easterling. I love her stuff and there is one about Wolfie in here.
Fall: Scheherazade Retold by Demelza Carlton was about a fairy godmother who finds herself being saved by a baron when she steps through a portal that was a
Stephanie Bolen
May 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Most are snippets not stories

Whoever was the editor should have made it clear to the authors that the purpose of an anthology is to entice new readers not go on some readers never-buy pile. There were three good stories most were wretched.
Vickie
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
15 Stories

This seemed to me like a choppy book with all the different stories, which did not seem to flow. The "stories" we're short and not particularly good just my opinion
Bob Meredith
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding

This was a great collection of short stories that were so different and yet were so very very much enjoyed
Brenda
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a good holiday read.

The stories are interesting and you never know where you will next. They are short stories but they show you things to think about.
Diane Rodriguez
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All great books, just wish some of these were longer.
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great bunch of short stories...some shorter than others. I liked all but 1, maybe 2. I found some more authors to look into so well worth the read.
J
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Some were good, others OK. But, it's annoying as all get out, to read a story that's supposed to be a 'short' story, that turns out to be more or less a chapter or two, from one of the authors book series. Doesn't anyone know how to, or cares enough about writing, to write a standalone story? That's pretty much why I only gave this 2 stars.
Lorena
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a fun collection of paranormal short stories for the winter holiday season. I enjoyed the diversity of stories, with different types of paranormal characters, from the more common werewolves, witches, and fae to the less common djinn, hellhound, and fairy godmother, plus Santa and Mrs. Claus. While all of the stories involved paranormal characters, some were more urban fantasy or horror, and some were more paranormal romance. If you enjoy paranormal short stories, odds are you will find ...more
Mary Kreisberg
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Easy Read

I read this book in one day. I enjoyed it very much!!! I would definitely recommend this book to anyone.
Kristen Lewendon
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I was told I'd get to read some Christmas themes stories by some of my favorite authors and some more that are new to me, I really wasn't expecting the level of silliness I found here. But that was actually the best part for me. Every story in this collection has something that sneaks up on you from out in left field that leaves you going "wait! Did I really just read that?" There's a wide range of different styles and stories to chose from here; from sweet, to silly, to downright strange. ...more
Diana Blick
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good collection

This collection of the paranormal at the holidays is fun probably because of the dissonance between the two. Paranormal creatures are normally associated with Halloween so substituting Christmas/Yuletide is jarring. As with all story collections, I liked some better than others but the overall quality is good. This is a great way to find new authors whose writing appeals to you so I definitely recommend it.
Tera Comer
Shelves: own
I loved every one of these stories. I have read many books from a few of the authors and there are a few that were new to me so I will be looking into more of their books at a later date. The stories were very well written and highly entertaining. I received a free copy of this book and volunteered to review it.
Brian Davis
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Worth Reading

An enjoyable collection of paranormal tales with a Christmas theme. Vampires, werewolves, djinn, fae and witches: name your paranormal and they're here. One of the things I particularly enjoyable o y with anthologies such as this is the opportunity to "taste test" various authors.
Lyn Jenkins
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Different types of paranormal.

With 15 different stories from different authors the variety is vast and interesting. Fae, vampires and a a few types of Santas bring a good book together.
Molly Harbridge
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fun paranormal Christmas read

I enjoyed many of these short stories and do believe they are a good sneak peek at the authors. Unfortunately a couple of the stories seemed to end too abruptly for my taste. Still, I am glad to have purchased it!
Amanda
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great fun

I checked this out because two authors I read wrote novellas in this. I found at least 4 other authors I want to read more about afterwards. Plus, who doesn't want to read about Christmas?
Chantelle
Jan 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good selection of short stories

This is a good book on different, short renditions of the Christmas season. The short stories keep you interested, yet sometimes longing for more.
April Tolliver
Jan 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
some were excellent. most were meh. 3 stars because the good stories were very well done and I will be searching out these authors in the future.
Denise
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Worth the read

This book is filled with stories about Christmas . some of the stories were a struggle to get through I was glad is did because they were all great stories.
Cally Walker
A fun

Seasonal group of Christmas short stories with a sampling of a lot of authors. A great way to try them all
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
read just for C.N. crawford short story
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Aimee Easterling is a USA Today Bestselling author writing on the boundary between urban fantasy and paranormal romance. She specializes in spunky shifters and invites you to dive into her werewolf world in the Wolf Rampant trilogy, the spinoff Bloodling serial, and her new Alpha Underground series.

Studying biology and working as a naturalist have both informed Aimee's writing, but she's quite wil
More about Aimee Easterling

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs, #1)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Kull: Exile of Atlantis
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
  • Gears of War  Aspho Fields
  • Midnight Robber
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Lion of Senet (Second Sons Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • The Rules of Magic
    $11.99 $4.99
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Last One
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Abyss Beyond Dreams (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers, #1)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
“Matchsticks A Not Quite the Fairy Tale Short Story May Sage” 0 likes