Start by marking “Kitty's War” as Want to Read:

Kitty's War

Seeking adventure, shy Kitty Greenlee joins the Women’s Army Corps. In 1944 England, as secretarial support to the 8th Air Force, she encounters her dream man, a handsome lieutenant who only has eyes for her blonde friend. Uncomfortable around men, Kitty doesn’t think the handsome officer could want someone like her.

Recovering from wounds, Ted Kruger wants to forget abou
Published December 16th 2016 by The Wild Rose Press, Inc

To ask other readers questions about Kitty's War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kitty's War

Neil
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, romance
I received a free copy via Netgalley in exchange for a honest review.

A really good World War II romance which is paced well and gives you a real feel of the time.
LJT
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am typically a contemporary romance junkie. However, after reading the book blurb and some of the reviews about this novel, I knew I had to experience Kitty's War for myself. This story was quite meaningful and thought-provoking, while keeping me on the edge of my seat for most of the narrative. Barbara Whitaker is a new author for me, and I plan on reading more of her work.

Even though she is not yet 21, school teacher Kitty Greenlee wants to help win the war, so she joins the Women’s Army Cor
Barb
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
“Kitty’s War” by Barbara Whitaker begins on St. Simon’s Island, Georgia when Katherine spies something in the water. Upon investigation, she finds a very handsome man in a raft, obviously having been at sea before something terrible happened to him. A naïve young girl, she finds herself thinking of him constantly as the months pass. Against her family’s wishes, Katherine (Kitty) volunteers for the WACs for duty overseas as a nurse. She runs into the man again and this time he is an airman on dut ...more
Michelle Kidwell
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it

by Barbara Whitaker

The Wild Rose Press, Inc

Historical Fiction , Romance

Pub Date 16 Dec 2016

I am reviewing a copy of Kitty's War through Wild Rose Press, Inc and Netgalley:

Kitty Greenlee is seeking adventure when she joins the Women's Army Air Corps in England in 1944. The idea of exciting voyages to exoctic locations but she soon find that fourteen days on a ship leaves her stomach feeling horribly.

Will Ted and Kitty get together or was it never meant to be?

Working as secretarial s
Diane
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I throughly enjoyed this book. I enjoy historical WW2 stories and this is the first one I've read from an American view. It tells the story of Kitty's life in the WAC. You go through the ups and downs she has during the war. Kitty joined up to follow her beloved brother Milton thinking they'd be together in England. Once she arrived Kitty found out it was going to be very different to what she expected. Milton was badly injured and sent home and Ted who she'd met and rescued in USA before joinin ...more
Jan Jackson
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kitty and Ted’s love story took me right into the action of WWII and made me feel like I was there. For lovers of romance and history, this one is not to be missed!
Landry Mely
Apr 29, 2017
James McDaniel
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Captivating

The story line keeps up a good pace and continues to draw you into each characters lives. The dialogue puts you in the scene and gives you a visual picture of the surroundings.
Victor