Start by marking “The Grizzly's Tale” as Want to Read:

The Grizzly's Tale

Are they strong enough to be her men?

Cunning. Everyone uses the word to describe Katy. In Quarterz, the virtual reality world where men and women compete as hunter or prey, Katy has never been captured. At least, not until the bear clan arrived in the game. Powerful, smart, and straight out of her fantasies, Katy can't always outmaneuver the tests they create.

When the cla
Published January 13th 2017 by Troll River Publications

To ask other readers questions about The Grizzly's Tale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Grizzly's Tale

Jeanny
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
eARC for The Grizzly's Tale by Nara Malone was kindly provided to me by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

I wasn't expecting much from 80 odd pages but it did surprise me. The world seemed interesting & the story entertaining. I may be interested in following if this is a series.
Did have some minor but noticeably frequent editing issues.
P Leslie
Dec 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
*I voluntarily read a Review Copy of this book. All opinion stated are solely my own and no one else's*

The Grizzly's Tale was hot, sexy, and damn steamy.

In the virtual world, Katy never got caught but that changes when three bears join the game. They challenge her on every level but they want more than she can give.

The shifter brothers know they are running out of time and lure Katy for one real game of hunters and prey: the trio against her.

Is Katie strong enough to mate with three grizzly b
Celeste
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was much more interesting than I thought originally. It does start off a little technical and I couldn't see where it was going, but as the story developed I enjoyed it. There are still many unanswered questions, but it is not a cliff hanger. I wanted more depth, but it was enough to drag me in.
Christine Woinich
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gift
Interesting, spicy read. Katya plays an online hunt/prey game and has hot virtual sex with some of the other players. They request a face to face meeting before a real hunting game. Katya has other issues but decides to meet them. As she wins the tasks, she finds that she loves these men. Kodie, Grizz, and Oso already love her from their online conversations and game play. Surprises on all sides, secrets revealed, and fears confronted make this story move along after a slow start.

I received a c
Jenny H
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure what to expect with this book - there seemed to be a lot going on - shifters, genetic alterations, a virtual world, yes we got some history to set it up - but at first there was a lot to digest. The overall story was well written and enjoyable. The characters had depth and the chemistry between them was amazing. It was a great story with just enough supernatural elements and enough hot steamy scenes. Glad that there will be a second book or more to continue on and further set up th ...more
SJ
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a free advance reader copy of this book and voluntarily decided to review it

It took me a while to get into the book, but I am so glad I persevered, it was different to any other Si have read, it contains shifters but that was not the main aspect of the book.

It was exciting, well written and the characters were amazing. It is a sexy read, with hot hot hot scenes, and I am excited to read the next book in the series
Ruth
Jan 12, 2017 added it
I loved this story ! Great characters and great visuals. I love it when a book is so well written that I can see everything in my minds eye. I think that any person that loves paranormal/romances will absolutely love this book.
Storm
**I received this book free from Netgalley in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own.**

Disclaimer: This book includes graphic sex scenes and minor BDSM practices. If that bothers you I would skip reading my review along with the book.

“’What do you long for, Katy?’ The thought was there. Something real. She could never say it. Could never have it.”

The Grizzly’s Tale has a lot going on, there’s a virtual world, shapeshifters, weird genetic alterations, creepy maybe someone is a
Kathy Wideman
This is the first book Nara I have read. I enjoyed it. This book is slightly futuristic with all the virtual reality. I do enjoy shifter books and books on the naughtier side. This book is a quick read or at least it was for me. Katy is an interesting character. She tries to live under the radar and feels most alive when in the game. The Grizzlys are the only ones who have ever captured Katy in game and they just may capture her in real life as well. The guys are bear shifters who come from a di ...more
Grace Ashley
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Nara Malone’s The Grizzly’s Tale captured my imagination with its unique spin on shifter mythology. In this tale, Pantherians are beings with the dual nature of man and beast, who also happen to be the true ancestors of man and animals alike. Katya aka KatyDid plays in a virtual reality world called Quaterz. In Qualterz she can explore her every fantasy with bear shifter trio Grizz, Oso and Kodie. It’s the only way she can have fun because orgasm literary makes her disappear. Grizz, Oso and Kodi ...more
Dora
Jan 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: advanced-copy
This is the first book of this authors that I've read. It starts a bit slow and gives the vibe that it's part of a series and not the first book. Keep reading because it does evolve into a cute story. This book had a huge potential to be a longer book lending itself to greater storyline and character development.
Elizabeth SaFleur
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't normally read shifter erotic romance, but this book had me at page one. Unique, intelligent and hot...a delightful surprise and shouldn't be missed, especially if you like this genre!
G
Jun 19, 2017 rated it liked it
I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this story from the publisher.
Alice Malary
won from goodreads for an honest review...

This is a short story.
But I had a real issue with the characters not having enough background.
Katrina Berry
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Grizzly's Tale by Nara Malone is a wicked hot shifter menage with a bit of BDSM tossed into the story for extra flava :p This was the first time reading this author’s work and I wasn’t disappointed.

The Grizzly’s Tale has a lot going on within its pages, however Ms. Malone has done a nice job of tying it altogether with her unique storyline, wonderful characters, and defined world. A few minor editing errors within but nothing that would detract a reader from the story. A must-read for those
Sashiel "Shy" Gawerecki
Reviewed for Nerdy, Dirty and Flirty Blog
Tara Bryant
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
By Nara Malone

Life in the real world is hard, and so are the secrets that we all carry. Life in a virtual reality world is an escape. An escape from everything we run from. It's a place where we can truly be who we want to be, without consequences. But what happens when those two worlds collide?

"When the game puts hearts and lives on the line, taking a loss is the only way to win."

Katy's has a secret. She was born into a family that created hybrid creatures in a different realm
Neil
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, netgalley
I received a free copy via Netgalley in exchange for a honest review.

This is a short story.
But I had a real issue with the characters not having enough background.
I just did not like it.
Lynn Reynolds
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-reading
Katya “KatyDid” can travel between worlds. Grizzly “Grizz” has a special place in his heart for Katy. He feels that he wants something that he can’t have. They both have interesting family backgrounds and you will have to watch and see if that plays out in their story here. Grizz has two brothers, Kodie and Oso, who also like Katy. It’s interesting to watch how they end up getting what they want.

This may be a short story but there is a lot going on between the pages. Each scene moves seamlessly
Heather Stanley
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book and I'm so glad I did!!!

This was the first Nara Malone I've read and will now look for more, I love this world she has created. This was a new take on shifter lore that is very well thought out and done well. Her use of a virtual reality world brings it to a very current time.
I love a strong female lead and Katy is that, she can hold her own with the best. Add her own issues that she fights to contain even when faced with three bears
Samm Lynn
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a copy from Troll River Publications and I voluntarily review this book.

3.5 stars (rounded up for Kodie, Oso, and Grizz)

This was my first Nara Malone book. I regretfully it did not do my research before agreeing to read this book and later found out it was the third book of a series. So, for the first few chapters I was a little lost. The author does give some background on the Pantherian people so that you are not completely lost. The sisters story seemed to detract from the overall
Khurram
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy from the author in exchange for a honest review. I have not connection to the author.

A very good short book. I am not a fan of multiple partners relationships, but as long as everyone is happy live and let live. I am impressed Nara Malone's writing and enjoyed the book. Even though it is only 99 pages the book is quite detailed. The characters are written very well, and the hot passages are just that sizzling. My only criticism of this book is that I think the ending was a
Carolyn
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I loved this book!
Three hunky Pantherian (a race of shifters that call an area around the Bermuda triangle home), bear shifters have found a mate in geeky Katy/Katya but they've only met her in a multi player on-line game called Quarterz.Their avatars in the game have hot sex & they want to repeat that in real life & make her theirs.
They plan to bring the virtual experience to reality so they can win her.Both parties, however, have secrets, she doesn't know they're shifters in real
Shannon Godwin
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was drawn in to this book by the blurb. Once I started reading it I did loose a little interest in it bc of the technical side. The book is very well written and is very interesting once I gave it a chance. I am glad that I finished it and didn't give up on it. The chemistry between the characters are off the charts and there are plenty of steamy scenes. Over all this book is a pretty good read.
Samantha
The Grizzly's Tale was not really what I was expecting. Grizz, Oso, and Kodie are bear shifters here to find their ate. They have met Katya who is all about being the prey but finding ways to outsmart the hunters. Katya has her own secrets about who she is.

The issue with this book? there isn't enough back story and too many characters that play part of big picture but you do not really have any idea who they are. I'm just a little lost with this one.
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it

I'm new to reading Ms. Malone's work but it was an over all pleasant story. It was slow going for me for the first one or two chapters but then it took off. Katy plays in a virtual reality world, Quarterz, against Oso, Kodie and Grizz. She is the prey to their hunters. When they decide to meet in real life Katy made an offer she cannot refuse- actually be in the hunter instead of the prey. There is one slight catch, the 3 men are also bears. Will Katy be able to play and not fall in love?
Tonia Rodriguez
This was a intriguing story with a interesting premise. Unfortunately it fell just a teeny bit flat, hence the three star rating instead of four. It was occasionally hot, but in sections it was strange as well. This wasn't a bad read; quite the contrary. It just needs a bit more explanation behind the characters and the story.
Valerie Jondahl
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This short read packs a lot in. The world the characters live in is well-developed and interesting. Katy is a great female lead. There are a lot of unique aspects to this book - the virtual world, genetically modified beings, the way the paranormal is presented to keep the reader engaged to the end. I received an ARC copy of this book and I am voluntarily reviewing it.
poppy
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Super hot little read so much better than u thought it would be being such a little book.I loved it cant wait to read the rest of the series
Sheila
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved the strong female character and the sensuousness of each of her lovers. The story line kept me wanting more.
Whether it’s a shapeshifter romance exploring the primal power of the wild feminine, or BDSM romance where love digs into a character’s shadows, Nara believes romance should open the door and push lovers into a new dimension: sexually, emotionally, and sometimes physically.

Nara Malone is an award winning novelist and poet. As a freelance journalist and writer, her feature profiles on women entrepr